600 posts in this topic

Hey guys, we got approved!!!

May 16th filed, approval on October 24th.

I have followed the forum for the past few months and haven't written anything yet, but thought this may help keep spirits up that things are moving along!

I had tried to call USCIS about needing to change our address on file and that's how I found out we were approved, haha! ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

What is the best number to contact USCIS?

We have been waiting for 3 weeks after they received the RFE, so I want to ask what's going on!!

Filed: Timeline

What is the best number to contact USCIS?

We have been waiting for 3 weeks after they received the RFE, so I want to ask what's going on!!

you just call there 1800 number they'll take care of you there yoel hope they give you the answers your looking for good luck

Hey guys, we got approved!!!

May 16th filed, approval on October 24th.

I have followed the forum for the past few months and haven't written anything yet, but thought this may help keep spirits up that things are moving along!

I had tried to call USCIS about needing to change our address on file and that's how I found out we were approved, haha! ?

where is your spouse at and what consulate are yall going to finish your paperwork or yall goin to the interview. And does anyone know if that has to do how your case gets approved faster or slower??? Because im fixn to go on 6 months and we havent got nothing yet im just concerned ?

Timeline

well I called USCIS and I had the results that I was expecting, NOTHING!!!

that customer service is useless... any way it is just matter of time, a long time!!!!

that customer service is useless... any way it is just matter of time, a long time!!!!

same here i called also and still nothing that theyre still processing our case somtimes i just feel like it never going get close to an approval or any response i see alot ppl on here either they get a RFE or that theyre case was moved and theyre approved so im jus like hopefully in the next 3 weeks i get something because yes it is nerve wrecking and an anxious wait especially me that im expexting our bby and he is not here so yes i want this to go flying who doesn't right but oh well. And by any chance does anyone know if i would be able to go abroad with my husband or do i have ro wait here in the states untill everything goes through? Anyone answer or help out

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

same here i called also and still nothing that theyre still processing our case somtimes i just feel like it never going get close to an approval or any response i see alot ppl on here either they get a RFE or that theyre case was moved and theyre approved so im jus like hopefully in the next 3 weeks i get something because yes it is nerve wrecking and an anxious wait especially me that im expexting our bby and he is not here so yes i want this to go flying who doesn't right but oh well. And by any chance does anyone know if i would be able to go abroad with my husband or do i have ro wait here in the states untill everything goes through? Anyone answer or help out

Hey Munoz1513,

I'm really sorry to hear about the delay. Really hoping you hear back on your application. If you are a US citizen you are of course free to go abroad to be with your husband; you don't need to be physically present in the USA for the entire process. You can always check your case status online. If you do go abroad, just have a friend check your mail once a week so that the NOA2 physical letter doesn't get lost. Also, if possible, begin gathering all the required documents for the NVC so you aren't rushing as soon as you get back.

Hey Munoz1513,

I'm really sorry to hear about the delay. Really hoping you hear back on your application. If you are a US citizen you are of course free to go abroad to be with your husband; you don't need to be physically present in the USA for the entire process. You can always check your case status online. If you do go abroad, just have a friend check your mail once a week so that the NOA2 physical letter doesn't get lost. Also, if possible, begin gathering all the required documents for the NVC so you aren't rushing as soon as you get back.

thanks and yes i am a USC but if i go abroad dont i supposed to show income earnd or any thing of that sprt of way and if i leave i wouldn't have no proof of income or anything or is there something different i can do?? And what are the next documents or forms and fees they'll ask next so I'll be ready??? Does anyone know ill appreciate it if any answers.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Hi Yoel,

Do they have a timeframe within which they make a decision? Or it is infinite 1 day to infinity.

Thanks

Timeline

Well I was thinking it only will take 2 weeks after they recive the papers, but as you can see 3 weeks already passed and nothing, so at this point I don't know..

Filed: Other Country: Belarus
Timeline

My case got approved today!!!

Priority date : may 16

Rfe: September 28

Response to rfe received : October 13

Case was approved : October 25!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

My case got approved today!!!

Priority date : may 16

Rfe: September 28

Response to rfe received : October 13

Case was approved : October 25!!!!

Congrats!

Our case just approved too today! ??

Our IR-1 Journey

05/20/2016 : Submit our I130 packet

05/23/2016 : NOA1 by Email & Text

05/28/2016 : NOA1 Hardcopy

10/12/2016 : Transferred to Texas Service Centre

10/26/2016 : Approved!???

11/08/2016 : Case sent to Department of State

11/15/2016 : NVC Received

11/23/2016 : Case Number & IIN received (confirmed through phone)

11/23/2016 : Submit DS-261

11/25/2016 : Welcome Letter from NVC & AOS fee invoiced

11/26/2016. : Pay AOS Fee

12/01/2016 : IV fee invoiced

12/01/2016 : Pay IV fee

12/05/2016 : Submit DS-260 online

12/09/2016 : Mail AOS & IV packet

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.