contruable

Have they started scheduling JUNE interview for Vietnam yet?

82 posts in this topic

I talked to the NVC and they said they were finished scheduling June interviews already.

Oh well, so we just wait then...Another country get interview day so fast but HCM so slow....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If case closed in the spring you are most likely looking at the fall for interviews. It sucks but maybe you will get luckier than what we experienced last year.

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

If case closed in the spring you are most likely looking at the fall for interviews. It sucks but maybe you will get luckier than what we experienced last year.

Ya, we hope so..., thanks and have a good day.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I've been waiting for awhile. My case was completed back in March. I missed my daughter so much! I'm getting impatient and angry. I just want to go back VN while waiting for the interview with my wife, but since HCM interview is so slow, I don't know if I should take this risk.

P.S. I will be so pissed off if we fail our interview.

Edited by contruable

Timeline

Hello guys, I'm new. Anyway I found out that the consulate in HCMC will be closed next week for 2 days so I am assuming they won't start scheduling for July until early June. I really don't understand why they have to schedule in a months advance. Logically, one would think they already assigned a date and the NVC is just holding out until the day they notify you. But hey, I'm not trying to start a conspiracy. My case was complete on 4/20 so I am hoping for late July or August. This process takes way too long for Vietnam. In the Phillipines the process is way more efficient. I see that other countries have their wives already here and their case completed after ours. I guess unless you pay coffee money, its a real slow process. Anyway I am assuming the interview letter comes around the end and beginning of the month, but who knows. Contruable and Tyler should get theirs soon. I'm just notifying everyone that the consulate is closed on Tuesday and Wednesday next week. Good luck everyone and keep praying. ^^

Hello guys, I'm new. Anyway I found out that the consulate in HCMC will be closed next week for 2 days so I am assuming they won't start scheduling for July until early June. I really don't understand why they have to schedule in a months advance. Logically, one would think they already assigned a date and the NVC is just holding out until the day they notify you. But hey, I'm not trying to start a conspiracy. My case was complete on 4/20 so I am hoping for late July or August. This process takes way too long for Vietnam. In the Phillipines the process is way more efficient. I see that other countries have their wives already here and their case completed after ours. I guess unless you pay coffee money, its a real slow process. Anyway I am assuming the interview letter comes around the end and beginning of the month, but who knows. Contruable and Tyler should get theirs soon. I'm just notifying everyone that the consulate is closed on Tuesday and Wednesday next week. Good luck everyone and keep praying. ^^

Thanks for inform. I think they closed coz Obama visit Vietnam. He in vietnam now and stay there for 2 or 3 day.

Goodluck anyone. Hahaha again waiting...

Timeline

My case was complete on 4/20 so I am hoping for late July or August. This process takes way too long for Vietnam. In the Phillipines the process is way more efficient. I see that other countries have their wives already here and their case completed after ours. I guess unless you pay coffee money, its a real slow process. Anyway I am assuming the interview letter comes around the end and beginning of the month, but who knows. Contruable and Tyler should get theirs soon. I'm just notifying everyone that the consulate is closed on Tuesday and Wednesday next week. Good luck everyone and keep praying. ^^

I totally agree with you. This process takes double amount of time when you compare it with other countries. My filed I-130 was way back in October 2014. Due to misunderstanding and misguiding, I literally wasted 3 months. I've received a checklist last year October. The checklist says my wife was missing police certification, which I remember correctly that I already sent it to them. At bottom page of checklist, it stated that I don't have to send an updated form I-864 to NVC. Just need to send an updated form I-860 to interviewer (wife), so she can bring it to interview. I automatically assumed that NVC also wants her to bring police certification to interview. Then, I started waiting for interview....3 months later, I called NVC, then realized that NVC was waiting for police certification from my wife.

Anyways, I'm still waiting impatiently. I lost my hope because my process was delayed. Frankly speaking, I'm not very optimistic at this moment. I'm guessing my interview date might be in August or September.

P.S. Checklist says that my wife was missing police certification, but it doesn't say explicitly that she needs to send it to NVC. It only tells her where and how to obtain police certification.

Edited by contruable

Timeline

I totally agree with you. This process takes double amount of time when you compare it with other countries. My filed I-130 was way back in October 2014. Due to misunderstanding and misguiding, I literally wasted 3 months. I've received a checklist last year October. The checklist says my wife was missing police certification, which I remember correctly that I already sent it to them. At bottom page of checklist, it stated that I don't have to send an updated form I-864 to NVC. Just need to send an updated form I-860 to interviewer (wife), so she can bring it to interview. I automatically assumed that NVC also wants her to bring police certification to interview. Then, I started waiting for interview....3 months later, I called NVC, then realized that NVC was waiting for police certification from my wife.

Anyways, I'm still waiting impatiently. I lost my hope because my process was delayed. Frankly speaking, I'm not very optimistic at this moment. I'm guessing my interview date might be in August or September.

P.S. Checklist says that my wife was missing police certification, but it doesn't say explicitly that she needs to send it to NVC. It only tells her where and how to obtain police certification.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/05/23/479134304/obama-announces-u-s-will-lift-arms-embargo-against-vietnam

Check this out. Is this justified reason to close down the U.S consulate for two days? Hmmm. In your case my friend, you were seriously misguided and it seems the NVC wasted a lot of your time. It appears that your case was handled poorly due to their skills to handle a ordinary case. My advice would bring an extra copy of your police certificate. My wife has 3 originals and 3 copies. And for your AOS, you should seek legal advice. My advice would be to send your wife both forms filled out just in case. Also send her all the proof that you can support them and that you make way above poverty level. You must be prepared. The COs in Vietnam are notorious for giving the run around to immigrant cases. No matter what, they like to make things difficult. I understand that you have a daughter and wife that you can't wait to see. Believe me, I understand your impatience. You have waited way too long. Don't give up hope. The last known case to receive an assigned interview date is posted in the cc to interview spreadsheet. His case was completed on 3/28/2016. So I think you didn't make the cut off for June (Which means April cc's are going to take forever). I think in March a lot of cases were completed so they assigned the first half of March in May and the second half (well mostly) in June. Again, you and Tyler didn't make the cut off for June. They booked the rest and had nothing left. Which leaves the question, "when will they start scheduling in July?". You and Tyler are next. So within the next 2-3 weeks you should hear something. If not contact a great lawyer. Meanwhile just try to relax and keep yourself occupied with life for awhile. Time moves as slow as you want it to it seems. Although time is constant. It's relevant, but this is not a physics lecture or anything. Just advice. I am really sorry that the american system is truly broken and we don't have efficient, systematic approaches to any steps of immigration. It all seems it's about money and a waste of time. I hope the best for you and your family and keep us posted on when your date is and when your wife and daughter comes. Soon my friend!! Keep us posted!!

Timeline

Thanks for inform. I think they closed coz Obama visit Vietnam. He in vietnam now and stay there for 2 or 3 day.

Goodluck anyone. Hahaha again waiting...

Yeah, more waiting. Apparently Obama will lift the arms embargo against vietnam......wait a minute..... I thought he was an anti-gun activist. Anyway, your conclusion is right, more waiting for all of us. At least this will "help" give Vietnam support to defend against the invaders of China. Hehe. Maybe Obama is turning a new leaf on gun control? Just kidding. Not in our dreams....

Timeline

To BigCatCougar,

Thanks my friend. I will let you know as soon as I receive the interview date. After I receive an interview date, I will fly back to Vietnam and attend Visa interview with my wife. I will bring all original documents. My parents will be my joint sponsor, so I will use their income. My daughter already got U.S. passport & Consular Report of Birth Abroad. Therefore, this upcoming visa interview is all about my wife.

Timeline

To BigCatCougar, Thanks my friend. I will let you know as soon as I receive the interview date. After I receive an interview date, I will fly back to Vietnam and attend Visa interview with my wife. I will bring all original documents. My parents will be my joint sponsor, so I will use their income. My daughter already got U.S. passport & Consular Report of Birth Abroad. Therefore, this upcoming visa interview is all about my wife.

Anytime my friend, and yes please do!! I am as impatient as you lol :P !! I am so eager and yearning for my wife to "FINALLY" live together. You are not alone in this long, drawn out process (referring to the fault of Vietnam). Everyday we wake up and our family is not with us..... why? It doesn't make any logical sense really. Only proves how many people are trying to get out of Vietnam. You will see that on your wife's interview. You will be shocked at how many people are there and wonder if it's like this everyday. Oh... ok I see now. That's great, it seems you are prepared then. All what is left now is the date and you will be set to go. My wife's cousin came here last April (2015). They asked her 10 super simple questions. She didn't speak much English so she asked for an interpreter and her interview was in Vietnamese. She had to ask though. And in 7-14 days later she had her visa. It will go smoothly, trust me. Your have been married longer so they won't dispute it then. Plus you have a daughter. They just might say welcome to America and tell her when she should expect her visa on the spot. Prepare well anyway. You never know. All I know is that we both can't wait for our wives to get here. Last year i was there in July and I didn't see many people there. I asked and they said that they are upgrading their system and that all visa interviews were on halt. It will be unlikely this will happen this year because they are working on a new system. Again I think you will be notified within the next week or so. I'd give it three weeks. If you still don't have an answer there is something wrong on the consulates end. We will see. Best travels to you. Everything is going to be ok in the end. If it's not ok, then it's not the end. I'm glad your daughter is set to come. Just a little longer. Oh and one more thing, if our cases are still not scheduled for a longer time like last year, we can expedite them and use the excuse, "Very long wait" as an appeal. A lot of people did this and their cases were expedited. But I think they had to wait at least 3+ months of waiting. Let's just hope for the best though. Your interview should go smoothly and should be scheduled any day now. Whenever the lazy NVC gets to scheduling for Vietnam... Come on NVC.... work!!

Good news everyone....

I seen some people from Vietnam they got interview by phone....

ttanbaby@2016 from vietnam, case completed April 14th already have interview day by phone called today.

Maybe I will try call them to check see how... hope ur guy get good news soon.

I just get off phone with NVC .

Woww... they schedule for my parents interview on 29th July .

Case complete 18th April.

I think now they working for schedule interview in vietnam now. Try call if u want know early.

Goodluck everyone.

Congrats guys. For those that are expecting the interview date, you need to call everyday. For my case, I didn't call and was waiting for a notice. I never got it so I got worried and asked the forum. Someone told me to call so here I am thinking maybe I'll wait a week between each phone calls. Well, don't do that. Call everyday. Why? Because if I didn't call, I would have missed the interview date. I never had a phone call, letter in the states or oversea. My interview date was in less than 3 weeks when I made that phone call. As a matter of fact, we finally recieved the interview letter a month after my wife is already in the states, thats about 2 months late for whatever reason. So if you're wondering this and that, it takes about 60 days after your case is complete to get your interview date soonest. Different area, countries always the factors so call as soon as your case is complete and go from there. GL everyone

May 7, 2014 - I-130 sent to Chicago, IL Lockbox

May 12, 2014 - Case recieved at Chicago, IL.

May 13, 2014 - Case accepted. Received LIN#. Case forwarded to USCIS, Nebraska. i-797 hard copy received shortly after.

Timeline

I called today. My interview is scheduled for july 26th and I had an April 1st CC.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Marriage: 2015-08-07

I-130 Sent : 2015-12-19

I-130 NOA1 : 2015-12-24

I-130 Approved : 2016-01-13

NVC Received : 2016-01-22

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2016-02-02

Pay AOS Bill : 2016-02-03

Receive I-864 Package :

Send AOS Package :

Submit DS-261 : 2016-02-02

Receive IV Bill : 2016-02-05

Pay IV Bill : 2016-02-05

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.