Amadia

Case Complete to Interview June 2016

1,990 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Ghana
Timeline

Good afternoon everyone. I picked up passport today visa in hand from DHL. I would like to thank everyone for the continued support and advise and love. A special thanks to Shsl73 and Dwheels76. Their knowledge and experience have been a perfect guide system to help my wife and I through the stressful process. I do hope all of you waiting on interview dates hear word back soon and also those with upcoming interviews I hope you get approved without any setbacks whatsoever.

Thank you all

Did you receive any email from dhl?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Did you receive any email from dhl?

Yes I did. I received it about two days after it said "Issued" they sent me an email with the tracking number. They had also sent me another email to inform me that it was ready for pick up (that was the option I picked instead of having it delivered)

Filed: IR-2 Country: Ghana
Timeline

Now that has me wondering why ghana ain't like that.. No emails.. Generic call center reply.. No dhl fon number on the slip.. Thats just strange.. I will go dere tomorrow.. Its been almost two weeks.... How long did urs take

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Someone told me the decision has already made before interview, there is no point over preparing for it.

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I thought I better ask these questions before we move on to the new month. My wife is a nurse in Ghana and we are also expecting a baby in October and her interview date is July 26.

Question:

1) Does my wife needs to add any employment document(s) to prove that she is a nurse in Ghana to the consulate ? If she does, what type(s) of documents does she needs to have? All her employment documents does not have my last name.

2) Would that be a problem?

3) Which clinic will you all recommend for her to go to in Ghana?

4) When do you think is the best date for her to go do her medical testing?

Thank your all for your input!

Timeline

Now that has me wondering why ghana ain't like that.. No emails.. Generic call center reply.. No dhl fon number on the slip.. Thats just strange.. I will go dere tomorrow.. Its been almost two weeks.... How long did urs take

From approval to visa in hand, 13 days.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I thought I better ask these questions before we move on to the new month. My wife is a nurse in Ghana and we are also expecting a baby in October and her interview date is July 26.

Question:

1) Does my wife needs to add any employment document(s) to prove that she is a nurse in Ghana to the consulate ? If she does, what type(s) of documents does she needs to have? All her employment documents does not have my last name.

2) Would that be a problem?

3) Which clinic will you all recommend for her to go to in Ghana?

4) When do you think is the best date for her to go do her medical testing?

Thank your all for your input!

1. Employment information of immigrant is not needed.

2. No. Not needed.

3. Can't tell who but the doctors and clinics are listed on your country's consulate I fo page.

I'm sure others from Ghana can chime in or you could open a thread to ask specifics.

4. The sooner the better. Get it over with.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

1. Employment information of immigrant is not needed.

2. No. Not needed.

3. Can't tell who but the doctors and clinics are listed on your country's consulate I fo page.

I'm sure others from Ghana can chime in or you could open a thread to ask specifics.

4. The sooner the better. Get it over with.

@dwheels76, thanks sis.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

hey guys, I wanted to know does it make a difference if you are there with your spouse at the interview? I appreciate the input.

From my years of being on Visa Journey, I would say that it is incredibly helpful if your spouse is present at the interview. It shows that the couple is "together" - because for most people, it means the US spouse has flown to the foreign country. In some countries, the spouse is not allowed to attend, but can sit outside the Embassy/Consulate.

I have read that when the spouse is not allowed inside, but is outside, the petitioner took the spouse's passport inside and that was really helpful - showing the CO that the spouse was nearby (and, therefore, that the spouse was invested in the interview!).

I was with my spouse at the interview. I promised myself I would not say a word unless specifically addressed. In the end, we both talked, finished each others' sentences, laughed, and were very comfortable.

If you have the opportunity to have your spouse with you, I heartily suggest you both go to the interview!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Good morning everyone, I have just put together my papers for my Visa interview coming up in July,one thing my husband won't get to be at the interview due to is work schedule, but he will be here for our anniversary coming so he make sure to have the print out of his air line info from 2014 to this coming year also a print of his passport with the stamp to show he's been here with an picture to show as well,wish he could stay longer until my interview but its life uah???

Hi all, I see that it's beneficial for your spouse to be there at the interview if possible, but many of us can't be there due to work and other reasons. Is it a factor in making a decision? Can those who couldn't have their spouse's with them let me know as well please.

Good Morning everyone,

Was wondering, I sent in my w2s and 1040 forms for 2015 to the NVC and it was approved but I have read that some embassy's at interview request the tax transcript even though they have the w2s and 1040 forms that the NVC has approved.

Do you think I should go ahead and request for the transcript for the interview just in case or not worry about it since the NVC was fine with the forms I sent in?

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Good Morning everyone,

Was wondering, I sent in my w2s and 1040 forms for 2015 to the NVC and it was approved but I have read that some embassy's at interview request the tax transcript even though they have the w2s and 1040 forms that the NVC has approved.

Do you think I should go ahead and request for the transcript for the interview just in case or not worry about it since the NVC was fine with the forms I sent in?

Thank you!

There's no harm in having the Tax Transcript. I've heard the same thing so I requested my 2015 tax transcript (doesn't cost anything and you get it about a week later) and sent it to my husband to take with him to the interview, even though I sent the 2015 tax returns and W2 to NVC.

Edited by LinJoe

N-400/Citizenship process:

Applied online: 9/06/2020

NOA1 received: 9/07/2020

Biometric: reuse letter received 1/19/2021

Interview: 5/12/2021 - APPROVED!!! 😃

Oath Ceremony: 6/04/2021

----------------------------

ROC process:

Mailed I-751 petition package: 4/6/2018

USPS delivered I-751: 4/9/2018

Check cashed: 5/24/2018

NOA received: 5/26/2018

Biometric letter received: 3/1/2019; Biometric Appt: 3/11/2019

Case Transfer letter received: 3/11/2019

Online Status changes: Card being produced- 5/24/2019; case is approved - 5/28/2019; Card is mailed - 5/29/2019; USPS picked up for delivery - 5/30/2019 (ETA 6/1/2019)

Approval letter received: 5/31/2019 showing approval date of 5/24/2019

Card received: 6/1/2019

------------------------------

Married life begins! June 25, 2015 (L)

I-130 Petition Process:

FedEx overnight I-130: July 15, 2015

NOA1 hardcopy received: July 24, 2015 (PD July 16, 2015);  NOA2 hard copy received: January 16, 2016

Petition sent to NVC text & email: January 25, 2016

NVC Process:

NVC Received Petition: February 1, 2016 :dance:

Case Complete: April 27, 2016 :dance:(286 days from NOA1)

Received Interview Date: May 9, 2016 :dancing:  Received Interview/Appointment Letter via email: May 10, 2016

Embassy Process:

Medical Exam: May 24, 2016;  Fingerprinting: June 16, 2016

Interview: June 17, 2016 (337 days from NOA1) - APPROVED!!!!! :dancing: :dance: :yes: :lol: B-)

Notification of Passport/Visa ready for pick up: June 21, 2016;  Visa in hand: June 22, 2016

POE (DFW): July 4, 2016; SS Card received: July 14, 2016; Green Card received: September 8, 2016

Applied for corrected GC: October 7, 2016; Corrected GC approved: December 16, 2017;  Corrected GC Received: December 22, 2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.