capriwithlove

NOA1 - NOA2 current wait-time is 3 MONTHS?!

74 posts in this topic

"That doesn't seem right, especially since it's being processed at the California Center and I'm Canadian."

This made me cringe. What's so different for you than for anyone of us? What makes a Canadian more special? This is immigration, sweetie. They make the rules and they can span the wait as long as they can or want. September - November was the time where they went ultimate fast but December got delayed and I'm sure they're still delayed. Inclusing the RFE, we got our NOA2 in 78 days. I wish I could say, "Gosh, I'm Dutch and without us, America wouldn't have been the way they are now since we had a lot of influance there. It doesn't make any sense they make me wait for so long." Nu-uh.

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Sounds like things are slowing down. My estimated date keeps changing here, based on timeline data. So I take it CSC is definitely running behind at the moment with VSC influx and other petitions.

I filed in January and still waiting for NOA2, granted I did get an RFE. With that said, lots of folks who filed earlier this year are much farther ahead than me. Be patient, things will work out!

1/17/2019.........Mailed ROC package via USPS, two day shipping to Dallas, TX

1/19/2019........Package delivered

1/22/19............Case Received

1/28/2019........Received text from USCIS with case received information and receipt number

1/28/2019........Bank check was cashed 

3/4/2019..........Submitted e-request for non-delivery of receipt notice

3/15/2019........Received email confirmation that a duplicate receipt was in its way

3/23/2019.........Received 18 month extension letter in the mail

7/5/2019...........Biometrics completed

3/11/2020........Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview Status Online. As of 4/13 we have not received any notifications

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

My USA fiancé and I received our NOA1 5 days after filing, however we just received an email from our attorney today stating that the current wait-time is 3 months for NOA2. That doesn't seem right, especially since it's being processed at the California Center and I'm Canadian.

The attorney said not to expect anything before the END OF JULY.

Any one else receive this information or aware of potential backups at the CA center? Thanks.

One thing that I've learned on this board is that being Canadian is often meaning that immigrant visas are often processed SLOWER than many other countries. Sit back and enjoy the ride. Montreal is a very slow consulate

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So once the NOA2 goes through is the rest going at the normal speed?

As I mentioned in my post before, nope! You're going to have to wait quite a bit. Not only is the NOA1 to NOA2 slowing down, but the NVC case numbers are as well. Not to mention we now only have one consulate in Canada (Montreal) so that most likely will slow down as well since they'll be dealing with all the interviews and paperwork.

K1 Fiancée Visa

2016/02/02: I-129F Mailed Out.

2016/02/10: NOA1 Text Received.

2016/04/07: NOA2 Text Received.

2016/04/27: NVC Case# Received.

2016/05/17: Packet 4 Received. (Packet 3 was skipped)

2016/05/30: Medical in Vancouver.
2016/06/22: Interview in Montreal.

2016/06/28: Administrative Processing.

2016/06/29: Visa Issued.

2016/07/08: Visa in hand.

2016/07/09: POE in Calgary.

2016/08/16: Married!

AOS Process

2016/10/01: Sent in AOS Package.

2016/10/17: NOA Text Received.

2016/10/28: Biometrics Appointment Letter.

2016/11/08: Biometrics Appointment.

2016/12/16: Form I-131 (Travel) and EAD Approved.

2017/03/02: Form I-485 Approved.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I wish mine would take 3 months! It can take up from 5 to 6 months :/ I'm on day 84 since my NOA1. I'll hopefully get approved in June :)

"That doesn't seem right, especially since it's being processed at the California Center and I'm Canadian."

This made me cringe. What's so different for you than for anyone of us? What makes a Canadian more special? This is immigration, sweetie. They make the rules and they can span the wait as long as they can or want. September - November was the time where they went ultimate fast but December got delayed and I'm sure they're still delayed. Inclusing the RFE, we got our NOA2 in 78 days. I wish I could say, "Gosh, I'm Dutch and without us, America wouldn't have been the way they are now since we had a lot of influance there. It doesn't make any sense they make me wait for so long." Nu-uh.

My thoughts too.

My timeline:

Married: 03/29/09

Filed i130: 01/04/16

Noa1: 02/02/16

Noa2: 06/01/16

NVC Received: 06/20/16

NVC Case #:

(L) God can take the seemingly impossible and make it possible! Keep Praying (L)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

You think 3 months is a long time? What would you say if you had to wait 7 months+ for NOA2?

I'm the Beneficiary
N400 April 2017 fillers: https://goo.gl/cp2Uxz
Support group for Romanian-American couples--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/520291304693940/

I'm going to give OP the benefit of the doubt and assume that by saying "I'm Canadian" she meant that she isn't from a high fraud country. Not that this means she will be processed quickly but a lot of people are under the assumption that low fraud countries tend to move at least a bit faster. If that wasn't what she meant though, that is indeed cringe worthy.

K1, EAD/AP + AOS + ROC = 0 RFE's

Next step: Citizenship!

:no: complaining about 3 months. Pshhhhhh. If it were only so short for married couples, and for people that weren't sent to Califronia. :rolleyes:

tumblr_mx13xz5r3o1spaqpio1_250.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm going to give OP the benefit of the doubt and assume that by saying "I'm Canadian" she meant that she isn't from a high fraud country. Not that this means she will be processed quickly but a lot of people are under the assumption that low fraud countries tend to move at least a bit faster. If that wasn't what she meant though, that is indeed cringe worthy.

That's exactly what I meant.

We're all working towards a common goal and it doesn't matter where you're from - we're all equal geographically. That's the beauty of this visa in the first place, so you can be with your loved one in a country you didn't happen to be born into. Of course there's absolutely no discrimination with non-Canadians, I am embarrassed to have been put under that field. I've heard that it is quicker for Canadians, that's all. Guess not, and all is fine! Good to know, thanks.

Sounds about right, 3 months. Assuming no RFEs.

Jan 25, 2014: I-129F Sent

Feb 13, 2014: NOA1

Apr 15,2014: NOA2 Notice Via USCIS Web Site

Apr 22, 2014: NOA2 Received In Postal Mail

Apr 28: 2014: NVC Received

Apr 30: 2014: NVC Left

May 09, 2014: Embassy Received

Jul 08, 2014: Interview - Approved - CEAC Status Ready

Jul 14 2014: CEAC updated but still READY Status

Jul 16 2014: CEAC Status changed to Administrative Processing

Jul 22 2014: CEAC Status changed to Issued

Jul 28 2014: VISA received

Aug 06 2014: U.S. Arrival (Ft. Lauderdale POE)

Children (3 kids)

Apr 28 2015: Filed I130 petition for each child

Aug 21 2015: Notice from USCIS that all 3 petitions transferred to California Service Center

Sep 17 2015: Approval for all 3 petitions

Nov 12 2015: Paid one AOS fee for all 3 children

Nov 13 2015: Paid separate IV fees for all 3 children

Dec 04 2015: Filed Affidavit of Support (I864) for each child

Jan 12 2016: Received RFE for missing birth certificate from one of the kids packet

Jan 13 2016: Sent in RFE evidence ( birth certificate copy .... again O_o )

Jan 19 2016: Received notice that they received the RFE evidence

Feb 22 2016: Called and found out another RFE was being sent out about birth certificate

Feb 24 2016: Sent in (inextensa versions, not de acta versions) of birth certificates for all children

Mar 02 2016: Received notice that they received the RFE evidence

Mar 11 2016: NVC Process finished, now awaiting interview time slot to be scheduled

Mar 29 2016: Called NVC and found out today they scheduled interview

Apr 01 2016: Received Packet 4 notice via e-mail with interview date

Apr 25 2016: Children received P4 letters in the mail

May 19 2016: Interview

Jun 03 2016: Received Visas

Jul 06 2016: Travel to US

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It seems all USCIS processing has slowed tremendously. Waivers that previously had a four month processing time are now taking 8-10 months. RFE responses that were adjudicated within 2 weeks of receipt are now taking 8 weeks. Something is definitely going on with their staffing.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

A lot of replies are sort of beating you up over the tone of your message. I wouldn't worry about it. Immigration is a very stressful thing and it's not easy to wait even one month much less the 6 months, 12 months, or even years that many people have to wait for the full process to complete. Your tone wasn't any worse than the tone of some of the scolding replies. Just know that you've found a good website to find answers to your questions.

By the way, what moved you to get an attorney for this process? I ask, because this is a do-it-yourself website and most people here, including me & my wife, did it ourselves with the help of advice on this site.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It seems all USCIS processing has slowed tremendously. Waivers that previously had a four month processing time are now taking 8-10 months. RFE responses that were adjudicated within 2 weeks of receipt are now taking 8 weeks. Something is definitely going on with their staffing.

I find it such an interesting situation because they're dealing with people's futures. I mean, many aspects of our culture has a heavy influence on our lives, but visa processing has much to do with love and the intense emotions going on with all of these pending cases they're working through. You'd think they'd hire more staff out of humane considerations (sarcasm), ha!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I find it such an interesting situation because they're dealing with people's futures. I mean, many aspects of our culture has a heavy influence on our lives, but visa processing has much to do with love and the intense emotions going on with all of these pending cases they're working through. You'd think they'd hire more staff out of humane considerations (sarcasm), ha!

Sure, if you want to pay double or perhaps triple the fees! USCIS is a completely self funded organization. They do not receive government dollars. Our visa fees pay the salary. With k1s, ir/cr AOS's, DACA and potentially DAPA etc fees there isn't much to go around as is. It's easy for us to say hire more people as an armchair commentator. They don't make us wait for fun.

Edited by Transborderwife

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.