Misschristina01

Help accidentally posted my noa1 receipt number

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi so we got our Noa1 and I took a screenshot and showed it to my friend helping us with our visa. I forgot to cover the receipt number cause I was so excited. Now my fiance got me worried about what could happened to it. Can the person extract personal information using the receipt number or can they do something to jeopardize our process? We are so worried. I figured it can't do much harm since she only knows us by our nicknames. :((( I'm so agitated right now. Lesson learned I guess.

Edited by Misschristina01

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Well they only know you by nicknames. I mean if they really wanted they can follow you case on the webpage up until NOA2.

I mean all Receipt numbers are available on the app and so on there just aren't any names there and they don't have your names either.

I wouldn't be to worried if it was mine but just don't show people anymore.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi so we got our Noa1 and I took a screenshot and showed it to my friend helping us with our visa. I forgot to cover the receipt number cause I was so excited. Now my fiance got me worried about what could happened to it. Can the person extract personal information using the receipt number or can they do something to jeopardize our process? We are so worried. I figured it can't do much harm since she only knows us by our nicknames. :((( I'm so agitated right now. Lesson learned I guess.

Is your friend a corrupt, untrustworthy person? If he/she is a good person I don't see where you have any worries.

As for someone knowing your case number from USCIS, there is very little, if anything, they can do with it. Like said by others, they could track your progress on the USCIS website.. that is about it.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
Georgia16

Question on you journey... did something come up on taking 2 months to get your interview.....

Was that the earliest and only times you can get the interview

or were was those the best days that was convenient to you???

break_through_brick_wall_PA_md_wm.gif

Finally broke that wall ..lol

NOA2...... 81 days June 20, 2016

NVC 29 DAYS

NCV received JULY 19, 2016

NVC # and ID # given 6pm JULY 19, 2016

NVC in TRANSIT JULY 21

MEDICAL AUG 2

CFO AUG 4...... 9am

Interview AUG 9 APPROVED

VISA ISSUED Aug 15

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Georgia16

Question on you journey... did something come up on taking 2 months to get your interview.....

Was that the earliest and only times you can get the interview

or were was those the best days that was convenient to you???

5 weeks :) Yes it was the first available time so just have to wait :)

But you said she helped you with your visa right? Therefore she'd know more personal info? If you trusted them enough to let them help you with filing the visa then I'm confused as to why you're now worried that they know a notice number that they can't really do too much with?

Doubt anything will come from it tbh. Just wouldn't show anyone else it if you're that worried

Timeline

Is your friend a corrupt, untrustworthy person? If he/she is a good person I don't see where you have any worries.

As for someone knowing your case number from USCIS, there is very little, if anything, they can do with it. Like said by others, they could track your progress on the USCIS website.. that is about it.

Thank you so much!

Well they only know you by nicknames. I mean if they really wanted they can follow you case on the webpage up until NOA2.

I mean all Receipt numbers are available on the app and so on there just aren't any names there and they don't have your names either.

I wouldn't be to worried if it was mine but just don't show people anymore.

Thank you! Big relief!

Timeline

But you said she helped you with your visa right? Therefore she'd know more personal info? If you trusted them enough to let them help you with filing the visa then I'm confused as to why you're now worried that they know a notice number that they can't really do too much with?

Doubt anything will come from it tbh. Just wouldn't show anyone else it if you're that worried

Nah she just knows our nicknames cause I met her thru a k1 visa group and didn't send her any documents but she helped me with the stuff I needed to do. Wasn't really worried until my fiance got worried haha but thank you! Such a relief.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

If your trust her enough to allow her to help you on this journey, then I believe you shouldn't be worried. Good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.