fitleo

I-130 April 2016 Filers

451 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Almost all cases from April 19 has been transferred , including mine :(

Sorry. Maybe it will be a good thing. Who knows...your case could be approved before mine.

Filed: Timeline

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators.

If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition.

Got this via email, and I think the physical notice will be the same. Really hope that's a good sign, and I will hear from them in a month or two.

December 2009 - First met.

February 2010 - Start of our relationship <3
January 7 2016 -Our Wedding in a romantic town of Aeroskobing <3

April 1 2016 - Sent CR1 package to RapidVisa.

April 18 2016 - CR1 Package delivered to USCIS Phoenix lock box.

April 22 2016 - Acceptance notification received by email. Case sent to Nebraska Service Center.

May 03 2016 - NOA1 hard copy received.

May 24 2016 - Return to the US to reestablish domicile.

August 3 2016 - Case transferred to Texas Service Center.

August 29 2016 - I-130 approved! (NOA2) <3 <3 <3

September 30 2016 - NVC Recieved.
November 14 2016 - Sent AOS and IV packages to Rapidvisa! :D
November 29 2016 - SCAN DATE!
February 15 2017 - Case Complete at NVC (11 weeks)
March 28 2017 - My Interview Day! :D (APPROVED!!!)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I got transfered from Potomac Service Center to the National Benefits Center on July 13th, apparently to "speed up" process. There is no standard processing time listed for any form on the website for Potomac. Potomac simply isn't on the list to choose from. Also, there is no processing time list for National Benefits center for I130. This really erks me. When I called customer service, I was told they are only processing I-130's @ NBC from JANUARY 24TH. Is it worth speaking to a Tier 2 officer to get more information? I just want an idea of standard processing time, so I know when I can expedite.

04/19/16 PD - NOA1 (Potomac Service Center)

07/13/16 Transferred to National Benefits Center to "speed up" processing

08/06/16 Transferred to Local Field Office (Philadelphia) for Marriage Interview

10/04/16 - Congressional Inquiry

01/05/17 - Ombudsman says will receive Interview letter within 30 Days!

02/01/17 - Marriage Interview

02/02/17 - I-130 Approved!!!  :D

Filed: Timeline

I got transfered from Potomac Service Center to the National Benefits Center on July 13th, apparently to "speed up" process. There is no standard processing time listed for any form on the website for Potomac. Potomac simply isn't on the list to choose from. Also, there is no processing time list for National Benefits center for I130. This really erks me. When I called customer service, I was told they are only processing I-130's @ NBC from JANUARY 24TH. Is it worth speaking to a Tier 2 officer to get more information? I just want an idea of standard processing time, so I know when I can expedite.

According to the information on VJ, Tier 1 officers don't have any knowledge of your case, and usually reading a script, which contains a lot of misinformation. You really should try and reach a Tier 2 officer.

December 2009 - First met.

February 2010 - Start of our relationship <3
January 7 2016 -Our Wedding in a romantic town of Aeroskobing <3

April 1 2016 - Sent CR1 package to RapidVisa.

April 18 2016 - CR1 Package delivered to USCIS Phoenix lock box.

April 22 2016 - Acceptance notification received by email. Case sent to Nebraska Service Center.

May 03 2016 - NOA1 hard copy received.

May 24 2016 - Return to the US to reestablish domicile.

August 3 2016 - Case transferred to Texas Service Center.

August 29 2016 - I-130 approved! (NOA2) <3 <3 <3

September 30 2016 - NVC Recieved.
November 14 2016 - Sent AOS and IV packages to Rapidvisa! :D
November 29 2016 - SCAN DATE!
February 15 2017 - Case Complete at NVC (11 weeks)
March 28 2017 - My Interview Day! :D (APPROVED!!!)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

You can do it via USCIS app, search around your number and add all cases from your date to the list. That's sounds crazy but I am tracking more than 1500 cases.

This is a super helpful tip, thanks for sharing!!

My case was transferred from Nebraska to Texas, I got the notice today but they don't explain why they transferred my case to TX, my PD is 04/15 so my case was there for a Lil over 3months

Timeline

My case was transferred from Nebraska to Texas, I got the notice today but they don't explain why they transferred my case to TX, my PD is 04/15 so my case was there for a Lil over 3months

That could be really good for you. Texas has been processing stuff really quickly.

Timeline

I really hope so....

I am selfishly hoping mine gets approved around the same time. My PD is April 13 and I didn't get transferred. I am wondering how all these transfers will impact the cases and how they decided who got moved.

Hope You do get approved fast. The weird thing is that my new I-797 says receipt date 04/18 and priority date box is in blank the first receipt I got (from nebraska) said that my PD was 04/15 idk how this changes things

Edited by JOAE

I have not been transferred and have not heard anything yet from USCIS. I received my NOA1 April 07. I seems like it's within the normal time frame. I'm not really sure if I should call or not or just wait another week or so.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

We received our NOA1 on April 6th. No update or transfer since. I was thinking of waiting for the 5 month mark before calling..I'm just assuming they'll tell me to continue to wait at this point anyway...do u all think it's useful calling right now? Been 4 months and a day!

We received our NOA1 on April 6th. No update or transfer since. I was thinking of waiting for the 5 month mark before calling..I'm just assuming they'll tell me to continue to wait at this point anyway...do u all think it's useful calling right now? Been 4 months and a day!

For myself I most likely won't call now until it gets closer to the 5th month, even the ETA that's suggested on my time line says between August 19 - Sept 2. So I think it's better that i just wait till i get closer to that date.

But I think it's completely up to you if you want to call them now or wait. Hopefully soon we'll all be approved. Wish you luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.