NVC Process:

2016-03-01: Welcome letter from NVC

2016-03-24: Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed online

2016-03-31: AOS and IV fees paid

2016-06-26: IV application (DS-260) completed online

2016-07-05: Financial and civil documents sent

2016-07-07: Scan date at NVC

2016-08-06: Saw 3 N/As, confirmation pending

2016-08-05: Case Complete (confirmed by phone on 08/08)

2016-08-12: Interview Scheduled

2016-08-16: Case in Transit to Embassy

2016-08-17: AOS N/A changed back to "Paid"

Embassy Process:

2016-08-18: Case arrived at embassy, status changed to "Ready"

2016-09-28: Interview Date (administrative processing, missing police certificate from third country)

2016-10-20: Received police certificate

2016-10-24: Police certificate translated

2016-10-26: Taken original, translation and copy of police certificate to embassy

2016-10-31: Visa issued

2016-11-02: Visa in hand

POE:

2016-11-17: POE in New York

Hey how did you get an interview date before CC?

I may have made a big mistake, but maybe it will be alright. For background see this forum thread about our situation:

http://www.visajourn...et-visa-in-hand

I was told by several people that for the Manila embassy that you could schedule your embassy interview as soon as you get you NVC MNL number. That you also could sign up on-line with SLEC and go for your medical without waiting for NVC letter. What people did't make sure to tell me was that is only for K-1 visas, not CR-1. My fault for not truly fully checking.

I called the embassy number and asked if I could set up an interview because our son is starting Kindergarten at the end of August and wanted to get a slot to get him to school as soon as we could so he would not miss as much. The lady at the embassy was accommodating and set the interview.

I found out after that what I did might not work. That the CO might not accept us that day and may make us come back on the day NVC scheduled. I hope it works because I bought plane tickets already. We can only pray now.

My wife did go to SLEC early. She really wanted to get cleared in case she got a positive to do the Sputum test which you have to wait 2 months for the results. Everything was OK though and no sptum test required,

I hope I answered your questions.

Kevin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I may have made a big mistake, but maybe it will be alright. For background see this forum thread about our situation:

I was told by several people that for the Manila embassy that you could schedule your embassy interview as soon as you get you NVC MNL number. That you also could sign up on-line with SLEC and go for your medical without waiting for NVC letter. What people did't make sure to tell me was that is only for K-1 visas, not CR-1. My fault for not truly fully checking.

I called the embassy number and asked if I could set up an interview because our son is starting Kindergarten at the end of August and wanted to get a slot to get him to school as soon as we could so he would not miss as much. The lady at the embassy was accommodating and set the interview.

I found out after that what I did might not work. That the CO might not accept us that day and may make us come back on the day NVC scheduled. I hope it works because I bought plane tickets already. We can only pray now.

My wife did go to SLEC early. She really wanted to get cleared in case she got a positive to do the Sputum test which you have to wait 2 months for the results. Everything was OK though and no sptum test required,

Kevin

Seriously?

you bought plane ticket?

even when they approve your visa, new issues may come up and you may be re-scheduled and even denied.

Got LPR status through family in Feb 2017
travelled back to Nigeria in Aug 2017, got married
file i130 for wife and daughter in January 2018
Case transferred from CSC to NSC in July 2019
got RFE in Oct 2019.

next: waiting anxiously for the mail...

Kevin

I think your biggest problem is if your case file is sent to the embassy on time for the interview you scheduled. I know of a recent incidence that a spouse was turned away at the embassy for an earlier interview because NVC hadn't sent the case file yet, so they were forced to wait until the original date that NVC scheduled for them. I don't know if they would expedite your case, but you can try calling NVC once you get your case complete and explain to them the situation.

USCIS Process:
Sent I-130 (via USPS): February 20, 2016
NOA1 hardcopy received: February 26, 2016
NOA2 approval text & email: May 6, 2016 (71 days from NOA1)
Petition sent to NVC text & email: May 11, 2016

NVC Process:
Case number and IIN Assigned: May 26, 2016
Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: May 27, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: May 27, 2016
Pay AOS Fee: May 27, 2016
AOS Fee appeared as PAID: June 2, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: June 3, 2016
Pay IV Fee: June 3, 2016
IV Fee appeared as PAID: June 6, 2016
IV application (DS-260) completed: June 7, 2016
Sent AOS & IV packets (via FedEx): June 8, 2016
Scan date: June 9, 2016
CC: July 14, 2016 (FINALLY saw 3rd N/A... 35 days after scan date)
Confirmation of CC email received: July 21, 2016
Interview date received over the phone: July 26, 2016

Interview Process:
Interview letter/P4 received via email: August 5, 2016
Medical Exam (@SLEC): August 3-4, 2016

Sputum samples given: August 15-17, 2016

Pulmo Consultation: August 18, 2016 (sputum smear is NEGATIVE!)

Results of sputum culture: October 12, 2016 (NEGATIVE!)

Completed: October 17, 2016
Interview date: October 24, 2016 (APPROVED! case status ISSUED the same day) :content:

Visa ready for pickup @MOA (via 2GO tracking): October 26, 2016

Visa in hand: October 27, 2016

Pay Greencard Fee: October 27, 2016

POE: November 6, 2016 (L)

SSN received (via USPS): November 14, 2016

10-year Greencard received (via USPS): December 17, 2016 (41 days after POE) :dance:

I think your biggest problem is if your case file is sent to the embassy on time for the interview you scheduled. I know of a recent incidence that a spouse was turned away at the embassy for an earlier interview because NVC hadn't sent the case file yet, so they were forced to wait until the original date that NVC scheduled for them. I don't know if they would expedite your case, but you can try calling NVC once you get your case complete and explain to them the situation.

I may have made a big mistake, but maybe it will be alright. For background see this forum thread about our situation: http://www.visajourn...et-visa-in-hand I was told by several people that for the Manila embassy that you could schedule your embassy interview as soon as you get you NVC MNL number. That you also could sign up on-line with SLEC and go for your medical without waiting for NVC letter. What people did't make sure to tell me was that is only for K-1 visas, not CR-1. My fault for not truly fully checking. I called the embassy number and asked if I could set up an interview because our son is starting Kindergarten at the end of August and wanted to get a slot to get him to school as soon as we could so he would not miss as much. The lady at the embassy was accommodating and set the interview. I found out after that what I did might not work. That the CO might not accept us that day and may make us come back on the day NVC scheduled. I hope it works because I bought plane tickets already. We can only pray now. My wife did go to SLEC early. She really wanted to get cleared in case she got a positive to do the Sputum test which you have to wait 2 months for the results. Everything was OK though and no sptum test required, I hope I answered your questions. Kevin

This just happened to my hubby. Ok n june 25 when NVC told us our interview Aug 15 I didn't want to wait long. So I signed up at the website and schedualed for July 25. My husband showed up but couldn't get interviewed because they didn't receive his file yet ?

I may have made a big mistake, but maybe it will be alright. For background see this forum thread about our situation: http://www.visajourn...et-visa-in-hand I was told by several people that for the Manila embassy that you could schedule your embassy interview as soon as you get you NVC MNL number. That you also could sign up on-line with SLEC and go for your medical without waiting for NVC letter. What people did't make sure to tell me was that is only for K-1 visas, not CR-1. My fault for not truly fully checking. I called the embassy number and asked if I could set up an interview because our son is starting Kindergarten at the end of August and wanted to get a slot to get him to school as soon as we could so he would not miss as much. The lady at the embassy was accommodating and set the interview. I found out after that what I did might not work. That the CO might not accept us that day and may make us come back on the day NVC scheduled. I hope it works because I bought plane tickets already. We can only pray now. My wife did go to SLEC early. She really wanted to get cleared in case she got a positive to do the Sputum test which you have to wait 2 months for the results. Everything was OK though and no sptum test required, I hope I answered your questions. Kevin

This just happened to my hubby. On june 25 when NVC told us our interview Aug 15 I didn't want to wait long. So I signed up at the website and schedualed for July 25. My husband showed up but couldn't get interviewed because they didn't receive his file yet ?

got 3 N/A's just now and on a Sunday.

Oh wow, congrats! Have you called NVC to confirm? That's interesting that they actually give CCs on a Sunday ;)

USCIS Process:
Sent I-130 (via USPS): February 20, 2016
NOA1 hardcopy received: February 26, 2016
NOA2 approval text & email: May 6, 2016 (71 days from NOA1)
Petition sent to NVC text & email: May 11, 2016

NVC Process:
Case number and IIN Assigned: May 26, 2016
Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: May 27, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: May 27, 2016
Pay AOS Fee: May 27, 2016
AOS Fee appeared as PAID: June 2, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: June 3, 2016
Pay IV Fee: June 3, 2016
IV Fee appeared as PAID: June 6, 2016
IV application (DS-260) completed: June 7, 2016
Sent AOS & IV packets (via FedEx): June 8, 2016
Scan date: June 9, 2016
CC: July 14, 2016 (FINALLY saw 3rd N/A... 35 days after scan date)
Confirmation of CC email received: July 21, 2016
Interview date received over the phone: July 26, 2016

Interview Process:
Interview letter/P4 received via email: August 5, 2016
Medical Exam (@SLEC): August 3-4, 2016

Sputum samples given: August 15-17, 2016

Pulmo Consultation: August 18, 2016 (sputum smear is NEGATIVE!)

Results of sputum culture: October 12, 2016 (NEGATIVE!)

Completed: October 17, 2016
Interview date: October 24, 2016 (APPROVED! case status ISSUED the same day) :content:

Visa ready for pickup @MOA (via 2GO tracking): October 26, 2016

Visa in hand: October 27, 2016

Pay Greencard Fee: October 27, 2016

POE: November 6, 2016 (L)

SSN received (via USPS): November 14, 2016

10-year Greencard received (via USPS): December 17, 2016 (41 days after POE) :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.