Shellbug

Couple of questions regarding interview (photo and financial support)

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Heya,

I'm still prepping for my upcoming interview at the end of the month,

The last post I had was EXTREMELY helpful but I just have 2 things I need to clarify and any help / suggestions again would be AMAZING!

1. To the interview I need to bring with me "Photographs: Two color photographs which meet Department of State specifications. These photographs must be full-face and taken within the last six (6) months;"

- now these specifications are very specific but as I live in the UK I'm not sure where I should obtain a photograph that is 2 inches by 2 inches as UK passport photo-booths provide a photo that's 1 3/4 inch by 1 1/2 inch photos.

Does anyone have any idea if either:

A. UK passport photos will be acceptable

B. Where/how do I get photos that fit the requirements?

2. The affadavit of support. My fianceé is currently on disability so won't be sponsoring me or providing financial support. I have savings to prove I won't be living off the state and can provide for myself whilst I'm over there before I am able to work (after my EAD). To the interview I will be bringing bank statements which show how much I have in my accounts. I was wondering if there are any other forms I will need to take or any other proof I need to make sure this is deemed acceptable by the officer interviewing me? (I'm also having my fianceé scan and send over his documents (tax and disability) to prove how much income he has as well in case they ask for it.)

Just trying to make sure there isn't anything I have missed and being as thorough as possible before my interview!

Any tips/advice/suggestions are welcome and again, thank you so much for any help provided!

Really means a lot and helps to put my mind at rest!

Shell

XxxX

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Hi,

1) You will definetively need US style photos. Any decent photo shop will supply these if you ask for it.

2) How much savings do you have? I do not know if the UK embassy allows self sponsoring (this is not common), but you will need a significant amount to do this. Your fiance still needs to fill in I134. Could you get a co-sponsor? You will need the same for you AOS later on.

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Timeline

I have around £30,000 in savings and about £2000 in a current account.

I have been told else where that taking the statements would be enough, I was never sure though, wanted clarification. It's starting to panic me slightly.

That is enough!! At least here in Switzerland it is. I am in the process of getting my K1 visa as well. I sent the embassy an email explaining that I would have enough money to sponsor myself until the change of status. I told them that I have a sponsor for that, and that I understand without I couldnt get the change of status done. But we are talking about self sponsoring yourself for about 2-3 months, so I think it should be enough. I told them I have 30k US Dollars on my bank account. They said all I need to do is bring a copy of my bank statement under my name..

ROC/N400

12/01/18... I751 mailed to Dallas Lockbox 

12/04/18... Package delivered 

12/07/18... Received text message with case number 

01/22/19... Reiceved 18 months extension in mail

11/04/19... Bio done at Tampa Office 

11/06/19... Fingerprint Review was Completed

12/01/19... APPLIED FOR N400 WITH PENDING I-751

12/01/19... NOA Case received and case nr

12/03/19... I751 got transferred to NVC

12/07/19... Received BIO appointment letter for N400

12/27/19... Bio for N400

02/11/20... Interview scheduled for N400

Timeline

wow what a relief! Yeah I re-read comments on my old thread and it says UK does allow self sponsoring, and I have my fiance's father who is willing to sponsor for the AOS which is fantastic.

you should be fine then! Because we are literally talking about 2 tops 3 months here before you get married and apply for change of status. And they know that.

ROC/N400

12/01/18... I751 mailed to Dallas Lockbox 

12/04/18... Package delivered 

12/07/18... Received text message with case number 

01/22/19... Reiceved 18 months extension in mail

11/04/19... Bio done at Tampa Office 

11/06/19... Fingerprint Review was Completed

12/01/19... APPLIED FOR N400 WITH PENDING I-751

12/01/19... NOA Case received and case nr

12/03/19... I751 got transferred to NVC

12/07/19... Received BIO appointment letter for N400

12/27/19... Bio for N400

02/11/20... Interview scheduled for N400

Heya,

I'm still prepping for my upcoming interview at the end of the month,

The last post I had was EXTREMELY helpful but I just have 2 things I need to clarify and any help / suggestions again would be AMAZING!

XxxX

1) The embassy needs US size because it goes on your US visa. They actually only take one, but their instructions say two. Then they give it back to you.

You can check photo booths at places like Tesco and many have an option to pick US size. Go have a closer look at local booths. There are also places all around the Bond Street tube station, which is the closest to the US embassy. Gould's Pharmacy on N. Audrey will also do US size. They are just steps from where you queue up for interview.

2) There is no form to fill out when you are self-sponsoring in London. You will not have an I-134 at all.

I would do a summary page for them with columns going across

Name of Bank : Balance in £. : Balance converted to $

Add a total line at the bottom.

That way they can glance at it all all one page for convenience and examine the statements only if they want to.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

US passport style photo can be obtained from photo machines, in a supermarket. Husband says you should be able to select and change the size, that's what he did.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Go to Asda, Tesco etc that have a photo booth and you can get US size photos for about £7 for 4. I got mine from Asda last year and they were fine. They have a US visa option at the Photo-me booths ?

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

Yes very easy to get US passport style photos from most major supermarkets.

When I just went for my interview he took the passport photos and scanned them and have them me back

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I understand because we used to have only the uk style passport photo style. Just ask the place you will take it to give you the USA standard type and they will have it. It's just a setting they will have to adjust.

For the financial stuff, it would be better for your partner to get a co sponsor but if it's too late, then I will say go with you long bank history and long history of pay checks. Good luck

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I understand because we used to have only the uk style passport photo style. Just ask the place you will take it to give you the USA standard type and they will have it. It's just a setting they will have to adjust.

For the financial stuff, it would be better for your partner to get a co sponsor but if it's too late, then I will say go with you long bank history and long history of pay checks. Good luck

Timeline

Thank you all so much,

You've all been incredibly helpful, I think I'm all set for my interview now! Eee!

Thank you all again and I wish you every happiness! and Lots of luck if you're still on your visa journey.

Will keep you all posted on how things go *fingers crossed*

Shell

XxxX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.