daniel4310

Special problem K1

30 posts in this topic

Hey guys, even tho I just became a member I want to thank everybody on here for all the posts! Helped me a lot so far.

Me and my Fiance just sent our I129 package in March and received our NAO1 on March 12th, she lives in Florida, and I live in Switzerland :)

To my point now hehe, Going after the Timeline it looks like theyre already processing NAO2 from last month, which probably means our would be next. So assuming we get our NAO 2 next month "May" and the stuff gets send to the embassy, is there ANY WAY to push back the interview a little bit? I know not a lot of people have this problem but I was planning to work until the end of year here and we planned a big wedding in February. We never thought everything would happen that fast, we thought the whole proccess takes up to 9 months. But it seems like its more 6ish now. If I/we wouldve known that we probably set a date sometimes in December and I wouldve told my work I quit in october and not December lol

Another questions is,when do the 6 months start before the visa expires? IS it from the day the visa gets issues? Assuming I get the visa July/August I wouldnt have any problems :D

Thank you so much

ROC/N400

12/01/18... I751 mailed to Dallas Lockbox 

12/04/18... Package delivered 

12/07/18... Received text message with case number 

01/22/19... Reiceved 18 months extension in mail

11/04/19... Bio done at Tampa Office 

11/06/19... Fingerprint Review was Completed

12/01/19... APPLIED FOR N400 WITH PENDING I-751

12/01/19... NOA Case received and case nr

12/03/19... I751 got transferred to NVC

12/07/19... Received BIO appointment letter for N400

12/27/19... Bio for N400

02/11/20... Interview scheduled for N400

Filed: IR-5 Country: Seychelles
Timeline

From what I read that the k1 has a time limit, BUT, I read that you can call the Embassy and ask for extension.

Regarding your are other question...When the fiance is give a visa, the time counted from the date the medical exam was taken...All this information from reading at this website...

If anyone can correct me then that is great.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

The 6 months is from the medical so you can just push that one so you have it in July/August.

But you need your NOA2 (Maybe you get an RFE maybe not) Then it take around 3 weeks to get your case number from NVC. After that you can wait to anything until you hear from your embassy then when you hear from them you can book your medical and after that your interview. You don't have to take the first date possible...

My fiance had her interview over a year after our petition was approved.

It can be pushed back.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Thank you so much for the quick answers.

That's what I am going to do then. I'll just wait with getting my medical as long as possible hehe :)

Edited by daniel4310

ROC/N400

12/27/19... Bio for N400

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys, even tho I just became a member I want to thank everybody on here for all the posts! Helped me a lot so far.

Me and my Fiance just sent our I129 package in March and received our NAO1 on March 12th, she lives in Florida, and I live in Switzerland :)

To my point now hehe, Going after the Timeline it looks like theyre already processing NAO2 from last month, which probably means our would be next. So assuming we get our NAO 2 next month "May" and the stuff gets send to the embassy, is there ANY WAY to push back the interview a little bit? I know not a lot of people have this problem but I was planning to work until the end of year here and we planned a big wedding in February. We never thought everything would happen that fast, we thought the whole proccess takes up to 9 months. But it seems like its more 6ish now. If I/we wouldve known that we probably set a date sometimes in December and I wouldve told my work I quit in october and not December lol

Another questions is,when do the 6 months start before the visa expires? IS it from the day the visa gets issues? Assuming I get the visa July/August I wouldnt have any problems :D

Thank you so much

I think you will be fine cause I did mine in April and didn't get interview till Novemebr and when you get ur visa you have 6 months to come to the states so you will be ok

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

Timeline

I think you will be fine cause I did mine in April and didn't get interview till Novemebr and when you get ur visa you have 6 months to come to the states so you will be ok

Not from when they get the visa but 6 months from the medical...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

With the date of the I-129F petition approval you will have 4 months to accomplish your medical and interview. So, lets say you get the Petition approval in May. Four months since - your medical and interview should be around the end of August / beginning of September. From the date of your K1 visa approval you will have 6 months to enter the US.

Of course, it's a "perfect plan" ;) But it really looks like you won't have to push anything back.. Just wait for your I-129F approval and then you will see.

Good luck!!!!

Edited by Ksenia_O

Timeline

With the date of the I-129F petition approval you will have 4 months to accomplish your medical and interview. So, lets say you get the Petition approval in May. Four months since then - your medical and interview should be around the end of August / beginning of September. From the date of your K1 visa approval you will have 6 months to enter the US.

Of course, it's a "perfect plan" ;) But it really looks like you won't have to push anything back.. Just wait for your I-129F approval and then you will see.

Good luck!!!!

Also not right... 6 months from the medical

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Also not right... 6 months from the medical

You're right - 6 months from the medical :)

I mentioned that both, medical and interview, should be done around August/September, assuming the OP won't have a big gap between those two. So his K1 visa still should be issued for 6 months or so. Even if it's less, he will still be good to go at the end of the year as he planned.

I would suggest trying to book your medical about 5 months before February, so September-ish, with an interview date closely after. It still allows you to use your visa within the 6 month time frame to enter the US but also gives you a lot of time should something happen with your visa or application in terms of administration or at the interview i.e. a 221g or loss of paperwork etc. *knocks on wood*.

So many people make wedding preparations and find out they cannot make it to their own wedding in time! You have plenty of time so definitely use it to your advantage and try and schedule the medical as early in the 6 month time frame as possible, just in case. :)

Spoiler

K1

04/09/15: NOA1

06/10/15: NOA2

09/04/15: Interview - Approved!

09/18/15: Visa received

09/24/15: POE

10/24/15: Wedding!!

AOS

11/12/15: AOS packet sent

11/15/15: AOS packet received

11/16/15: NOA1 for I-131 and I-765

11/18/15: NOA1 for I-485

12/11/15: Biometrics

02/06/16: EAD card in production, AP sent RFE

02/10/16: EAD mailed

02/11/16: EAD combo card received in mail including AP - Service request sent for why case tracker shows RFE

03/16/16: AOS Interview - Approved

03/22/16: Green Card received in mail

ROC

12/18/17: I-751 Filed at VSC
12/22/17: NOA1

02/02/18: Biometrics Appointment

02/04/19: Case approved

02/09/19: Card received

All done, for now. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

The 6 months is from the medical so you can just push that one so you have it in July/August.

But you need your NOA2 (Maybe you get an RFE maybe not) Then it take around 3 weeks to get your case number from NVC. After that you can wait to anything until you hear from your embassy then when you hear from them you can book your medical and after that your interview. You don't have to take the first date possible...

This is true, you have 6 months before the medical results expires, plus once you get the k1 visa you have an additional 6 months to leave your country

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Timeline

This is true, you have 6 months before the medical results expires, plus once you get the k1 visa you have an additional 6 months to leave your country

No you don't have additional 6 months to leave the country... When you get the visa they will print the date to enter so it fits with 6 months from the medical.

No you don't have additional 6 months to leave the country... When you get the visa they will print the date to enter so it fits with 6 months from the medical.

Can I use the same medical again for my change of status?? Read somewhere it can be up to a year old

ROC/N400

12/27/19... Bio for N400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.