jludvigsen

AP after sending in additional documents

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just wondering who currently is in AP after sending in additional documents, or who has gone through this before and can tell us how long it took.

This waiting game is miserable and we want to get an idea of how long some others were in AP after submitting a missing document.

Thanks for any help!

Here's our timeline...

- March 9: Interview (Interviewer said- you are approved, we just need this document and then you should have your visa issued 2 days after we receive it)

- March 9: Mailed additional document (had divorce order, needed to mail divorce certificate in)

- March 10: CanadaPost delivered in Montreal

- March 14: Received by the consulate

-April 4: Still waiting in AP...

Edited by jludvigsen

Timeline

Lol yea I know that! They have emailed me and told me that.

I'm asking to hear from anyone who's currently going through it or has recently gone through it to see how long it actually takes.

Thanks.

Timeline

I had my interview Feb 24th, but I was missing the original wet ink signatures of 2 documents & the interviewer told me after they receive the missing documents my visa should be ready in less than 2 weeks. I think the consulate received my documents on March 7th (I saw the status update that day), it also updated on March 10th (still administrative processing though) and nothing has changed since then, i'm still waiting as well. Your timeline seems to be close to mine, prior to this post I thought maybe something was wrong with my case but it seems like it may be taking long for other people as well :(

Everything else during the visa process happened really quickly and i had no problems up until this point so it's become a little stressful.

Timeline

I had my interview Feb 24th, but I was missing the original wet ink signatures of 2 documents & the interviewer told me after they receive the missing documents my visa should be ready in less than 2 weeks. I think the consulate received my documents on March 7th (I saw the status update that day), it also updated on March 10th (still administrative processing though) and nothing has changed since then, i'm still waiting as well. Your timeline seems to be close to mine, prior to this post I thought maybe something was wrong with my case but it seems like it may be taking long for other people as well :(

Everything else during the visa process happened really quickly and i had no problems up until this point so it's become a little stressful.

Someone in Jan had it take 3 months.

Ahh this is so frustrating and stressful!!!

Looks like we are on a similar timeline though Misa, so hopefully they get moving soon.

I really hope its not 3 months :crying:

Timeline

It's so disappointing because the interviewer made it seem like they are processing things quickly, the whole "less than 2 weeks" really threw me off :(
3 months is just way too hardd especially since they keep your passport and you can't really do anything besides wait. Update me if you get any news!

Timeline

It's so disappointing because the interviewer made it seem like they are processing things quickly, the whole "less than 2 weeks" really threw me off :(

3 months is just way too hardd especially since they keep your passport and you can't really do anything besides wait. Update me if you get any news!

Exactly! I wish they would have given us a realistic estimate of how long it would take. Our interviewer said 2 days after they received the document...

I may feel a little better right now if he had said "it will be about x months".

Timeline

Likely would have been less than 2 weeks without additional docs.

oh hmm he told me less than 2 weeks after receiving the additional documents

Exactly! I wish they would have given us a realistic estimate of how long it would take. Our interviewer said 2 days after they received the document...

I may feel a little better right now if he had said "it will be about x months".

2 days?! That is so anticlimactic & such a let down :( I wish they could provide more information about the status of the application instead of just "administrative processing"

Timeline

i heard more or less the same... wonder if we all spoke to the same person.

oh hmm he told me less than 2 weeks after receiving the additional documents

2 days?! That is so anticlimactic & such a let down :( I wish they could provide more information about the status of the application instead of just "administrative processing"

Our status was updated to "Nonimmigrant Ready" this evening, so we should get issued within the next week!

Hopefully you guys will get some updates soon too!

Timeline

Our status was updated to "Nonimmigrant Ready" this evening, so we should get issued within the next week!

Hopefully you guys will get some updates soon too!

Yay! Congrats i'm happy for you! I hope this means mine will be the same soon too, you gave me a tiny bit of hope haha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.