JayDX81

Got some question regarding second marriage

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Dear Readers

My name is Jayden Do, I have something that I have been ache to ask, and this is regarding those whose have been re-married again after they have been divorce once. I will tell some the background of what is going on, but don't get any idea that this is a fake or for money or a scam what so ever you might think about. I can tell you now it is not, and that we both come together truthfully.

Here is what happen, I have been married once and in September of 2015 we got a divorce, however I have been faithfully married with my ex for 3 years. After the marriage ended in September, I was sad, so I went online to search for friends. The website was like those of Match.Com or whatever, but if you must know the website called Vietsingle.com, I went on and I meet my new current wife after my marriage ended we talk, and talk for 4 months. First I ask her to wait for me for 2 years, before I go back and marry her. However I then decided to go back to Vietnam in January of 2016 and started my new marriage with my new wife. We both came together under a good faith there were no scam, no nothing. It was a true love, true marriage. I also hired those people to do my paperwork, but now I just heard story, rumor from other Vietnamese peoples where I currently live. They told me that it would be hard, that they have some one who also divorce and re-marry again, he also have a kid and their is kid are now 3 year old, and yet what they told me is that when his wife went for the interview she keep failing the interview. Then there also some say that it would take 4 year, then some say it wouldn't be that easy for a second time. This is what get me nervous, it give me some headace.

My question is have any one who have similar situation with me where you go divorce and then you re-married, but then everything went well for you and you and your wife were finally together? If so is there any advice that you can give me? However if your not in the same boat at me then please don't judge me for doing this for a scam or something which is not. If you do have something to say or you know a friend of you or your family have similar situation as me then please I would love to know how he/she did it? How he/she bring their spouse to America? How long it take them? Was there any problem? Please I need to know this because right now I'm scared after hearing about this story and rumor.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

you said you got married in 2015 and you have been married faithfully for 3 years, yet you are divorced and re-married. Your story is difficult to follow. Are you a US citizen or LPR? and please clarify how you got here. I just cannot make any sense of what you wrote

you said you got married in 2015 and you have been married faithfully for 3 years, yet you are divorced and re-married. Your story is difficult to follow. Are you a US citizen or LPR? and please clarify how you got here. I just cannot make any sense of what you wrote

First of all thank for the reply and yes I'm a U.S. Citizen, my story is not fraud, but it does seem so to other since people can't be trusted now a day, and I understand that. However what I say is true I didn't get married in 2015, I got married in 2012 and divorce in 2015, The reason being is very common it just some family issued and we could't work it out, therefore the marriage didn't went too well. Of course when I remarry it not a fraud either I did meet my wife from a website and if you must ask how can you get marry right away after a divorce? It does seem suspicious yes I know. I can tell you now that it is. My first wife was through an arrange marriage between 2 family, but this second time it was me I went and look for my own wife, use my own judgement and previous experienced to decided.

Also what do you mean "Clarify how I got here?" I live here I'm U.S. Citizen

First of all thank for the reply and yes I'm a U.S. Citizen, my story is not fraud, but it does seem so to other since people can't be trusted now a day, and I understand that. However what I say is true I didn't get married in 2015, I got married in 2012 and divorce in 2015, The reason being is very common it just some family issued and we could't work it out, therefore the marriage didn't went too well. Of course when I remarry it not a fraud either I did meet my wife from a website and if you must ask how can you get marry right away after a divorce? It does seem suspicious yes I know. I can tell you now that it is. My first wife was through an arrange marriage between 2 family, but this second time it was me I went and look for my own wife, use my own judgement and previous experienced to decided.

Also what do you mean "Clarify how I got here?" I live here I'm U.S. Citizen

The part "Of course when I remarry it not a fraud either I did meet my wife from a website and if you must ask how can you get marry right away after a divorce? It does seem suspicious yes I know. I can tell you now that it is" at the end I meant to type "It isn't" not "It is" sorry.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What country were you born in?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

check your pm!

CR-1 Visa Journey

03/01/16 ............Married
03/21/16 ............I-130 sent
03/23/16 ............I-130 delivered

03/29/16.............Check cashed
03/29/16.............NOA1 Email
03/29/16............ NOA1 Hard Copy
05/13/16.............NOA2
05/20/16.............NOA2 Hard Copy

NVC Journey

05/25/16.............Mailed to NVC

06/02/16.............Case received
06/17/16.............Case # Assigned

06/17/16.............Submit DS-261
06/20/16.............AOS bill generated
06/20/16.............AOS PAID (online)
06/22/16.............IV Fee bill generated
06/22/16.............IV bill PAID (online)

06/23/16.............AOS package sent
06/24/16.............Submit DS-261
06/24/16.............AOS and IV DOcuments Received and Under Review
07/26/16.............Case complete at NVC

Embassy Journey
00/00/00.............Case Arrived at Embassy in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
10/23/16.............Medical Exam
10/27/16.............Visa Interview
10/27/16.............Visa Approved
11/01/16.............Visa in Hand
12/07/16.............POE (Boston, MA)

00/00/00.............Green Card Arrived in Mail
00/00/00.............SSN Card Arrived in Mail

10/30/18.............I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions Sent

11/06/18.............Check Cashed

00/00/00.............NOA1

00/00/00.............Biometrics

I would not worry about it too much if the marriage and relationship is genuine. Though many of those Vietsingle.com posts are scams, but they are not all fake. I have met and had real relationships with a couple of people from there (all of whom live in the States, btw) so I know some are real.

Edited by frontgear

What country were you born in?

I was born in Vietnam, and move to the United States in 1993 to current. Now I'm a U.S. Citizen, but why?

I would not worry about it too much if the marriage and relationship is genuine. Though many of those Vietsingle.com posts are scams, but they are not all fake. I have met and had real relationships with a couple of people from there (all of whom live in the States, btw) so I know some are real.

Well my wife are legit no scam. She is real alright.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I think you should be alright. I don't see any problem with your situation. Most Vietnamese American men going back there to get marry were divorced anyway. They see it all the time. It happens a little quick, but I am sure you have enough evidence to back up your story. Keep records of all phone calls, skype chats and calls, emails, hotel receipt, airline tickets and take many pictures when you are together especially when you two are with friends and family.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.