1,215 posts in this topic

I called USCIS and spoke to a Tier2 rep. Unfortunately he can't help me since nothing has been entered on the system. He looked it up using my A#. I said I'm worried I did something wrong and he said if I did, he would have seen a notice of rejection and reason for it. He said no one you can talk to in Vermont. He advised to wait a few more days and see if my check gets cashed. My option is to resend the I-751, cancel the check and re-issue another, then explain on the cover letter that I sent the original application within the time frame and include the USPS proof of delivery. This is just nerve wracking, another waiting game.

Sent 4/11

Received 4/12

I called USCIS and spoke to a Tier2 rep. Unfortunately he can't help me since nothing has been entered on the system. He looked it up using my A#. I said I'm worried I did something wrong and he said if I did, he would have seen a notice of rejection and reason for it. He said no one you can talk to in Vermont. He advised to wait a few more days and see if my check gets cashed. My option is to resend the I-751, cancel the check and re-issue another, then explain on the cover letter that I sent the original application within the time frame and include the USPS proof of delivery. This is just nerve wracking, another waiting game.

Sent 4/11

Received 4/12

I am surprised that they even gave you any information before one month mark! They wouldn't transfer me to tier 2 either.

Filed: Timeline

Sent 4/11

Received 4/12

Sorry to hear that. I want to say if it was received the 12th, it should have been processed. If you have the time (or nerves) to spare, maybe give it a couple of days? The risk of canceling the check is your packet might be on someone's desk but then it gets delayed if the check does not clear... After 30 days I think they will investigate further.

I am surprised that they even gave you any information before one month mark! They wouldn't transfer me to tier 2 either.

If you're persistent enough they will. Maybe those that I spoke with were just tired of dealing with me. Good luck.

Have anyone of you experienced this type of error about using USCIS status tool checker.

"Validation Error(s)

You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
  • My Case Status does not recognize the receipt number entered. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283."

I got my NOA1 yesterday that was dated 04/27, when I tried to check my status- that message above keeps showing even if I entered it correctly. Should I call NCSC or wait a little longer?

Today is the 30th day from the day I sent it.

Today is the 30th day from the day I sent it.

Sorry to hear that. I want to say if it was received the 12th, it should have been processed. If you have the time (or nerves) to spare, maybe give it a couple of days? The risk of canceling the check is your packet might be on someone's desk but then it gets delayed if the check does not clear... After 30 days I think they will investigate further.

If you're persistent enough they will. Maybe those that I spoke with were just tired of d

ealing with me. Good luck.

I'll wait a few more days. If check doesn't get cashed until Tuesday next week, I'll give them another call and go from there.

Have anyone of you experienced this type of error about using USCIS status tool checker.

"Validation Error(s)

You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
  • My Case Status does not recognize the receipt number entered. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283."

I got my NOA1 yesterday that was dated 04/27, when I tried to check my status- that message above keeps showing even if I entered it correctly. Should I call NCSC or wait a little longer?

You have to wait until you get your biometrics appointment letter. There will be a different number on that paper, that you will use to check status.

The number on the NOA1 is not the number you use to check your status.

event.png

Oh, so that's it. I know I am missing something. I just also re-read the letter I got yesterday. So the one we can use to check the status is the one from the ASC appointment letter.

Thank you very much!

You have to wait until you get your biometrics appointment letter. There will be a different number on that paper, that you will use to check status.

The number on the NOA1 is not the number you use to check your status.

Filed: Other Timeline

Did you receive the NOA1 letter on May 7th or the NOA date on letter is May 7th?

What is your NOA1 date on the letter? Everyone has access to the google sheet, so it would be great if you can update it.Thanks.

Goodluck. Atleast yours is California center, so hopefully it wouldn't take that long.

Updated the doc with the date on the letter. We received it last week, but the letter had a date of 4/15 on it. Totally strange. The real issue is that they spelled our last name wrong on the NOA1. We're getting that changed, but it's going to take about 15 days. Such #######.

Also, has anyone traveled outside of the country with an expired GC and the NOA1? My wife got me a trip to Denmark and Sweden for my birthday, but she needs a visa to travel and the Danish embassy is saying that they can't offer a visa with the NOA1 extension. That seems odd to me since her status is completely legal for the next year, it's just a different way of showing it. I'm assuming the Danish embassy is just a bit ignorant on the process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Arpil Filers please help me to update my info , I try to do it but it's screwd up.. I'm not good of this...I send my package on 4/21/2016 in CSC. Package delivered 4/22/2016. Saturday 5/7/2016 got my NOA1 in the mail. And the receip date of my NOA is 4/22/2016 when the package was delivered.

updated your NOA date in Google doc.

Received our NOA letter in mail yesterday. NOA date 4/28. Updated the Google doc. The bio metric letter should be coming soon....

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : National Benefits Center; Consulate : Mumbai, India; Marriage (if applicable): 2013-07-05
USCIS
I-130 Sent : 2013-07-20; I-130 NOA1 : 2013-07-26; I-130 Transferred to CSC: 2014-01-13; I-130 Approved: 2014-01-22
NVC
NVC Received: 2014-02-03; AOS Bill Shows PAID: 2014-03-19
NVC Case # and IIN Assigned: 2014-03-11; AOS Package Delivered: 2014-03-21;
Submitted/Completed DS-261 online: 2014-03-12; AOS Package Touched: 2014-03-25;
Receive & Pay AOS Bill : 2014-03-13; AOS Package Approved: 2014-04-08
AOS Package Mailed (USPS Priority): 2014-03-18;
IV Bill:
Receive & Pay IV Bill: 2014-03-24; False Checklist for Civil Documents: 2014-04-07
IV Bill Shows PAID: 2014-03-26; Case Completed at NVC: 2014-04-16;
IV Package Mailed (USPS Priority): 2014-03-26; Case Complete Email Received: 2014-04-23
IV Package Received by NVC: 2014-03-31; Interview scheduled: 2014-05-01;
IV Package Touched: 2014-04-03 (still in review); IL Email Received: 2014-05-01
DS-260 Available/Completed/Submitted: 2014-03-27
Consulate: Mumbai
Fingerprinting & Photo: 2014-05-09 Medicals: 2014-05-19
Interview: 2014-06-04 Visa Approved CEAC Website Status "Issued": 2014-06-05
USCIS ELIS Fee Paid: 2014-06-08 Passport w/Visa Received: 2014-06-09
POE (LAX): 2014-07-20 SS# Received: 2014-07-28
Actual GC received 2014-08-30
CA ID Received: 2014-09-02.
First job in USA (yeeeh!!!) starting: 2014-09-22
Taking driving lessons....!!!!

ROC
Application Sent: 2016-04-26
NOA1:2016-04-28
Biometrics: 2016-06-02 (early walk-in on May 31st)

ROC Approval Email and Online Status Change - 2016-11-07
Google Doc for April 2016 filers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Mb-ALcbwQbYafLj4vFaEMjSGD-wfjtrycs3ul8QlUo/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

Check was cashed today, I won't be updating the Google doc as they are pain in the mikta to update on an iPhone.

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

The results we've all been seeing highlight the number one rule when dealing with USCIS - Don't Panic! The waiting game is difficult, but there's nothing you can do about it until they make a move or the 30 days have passed. But you're fine, you've done everything right, you've got the receipt from the USPS to show you sent it and it got delivered. Even if your packet got lost entirely (which really doesn't happen often), you'll be able to reapply with proof that you applied in time the first time, with no penalties. They're not going to penalize you for their own screw up, and no judge is going to deport you without getting all the facts first. Most likely they'll get to it and send your NOA before the 30 days are up, otherwise you can call them then and have them look into it further.

In the meantime, it shouldn't affect your life at all unless you urgently need to travel (in which case, make an appointment and go get a stamp). Remember the last time we went through this? For most of us, our partners were here while we were in our home countries, waiting desperately for the I129F or I130 to bring us back together. That really sucked. This time around, we're already here, living our lives, partners beside us. Let USCIS take their time, deal with things when they happen, and don't worry about it until you have to.

My check is cashed, finally! :)

Good news! Mine was finally cashed too after receiving my NOA1. You'll have yours soon no doubt!

The results we've all been seeing highlight the number one rule when dealing with USCIS - Don't Panic! The waiting game is difficult, but there's nothing you can do about it until they make a move or the 30 days have passed. But you're fine, you've done everything right, you've got the receipt from the USPS to show you sent it and it got delivered. Even if your packet got lost entirely (which really doesn't happen often), you'll be able to reapply with proof that you applied in time the first time, with no penalties. They're not going to penalize you for their own screw up, and no judge is going to deport you without getting all the facts first. Most likely they'll get to it and send your NOA before the 30 days are up, otherwise you can call them then and have them look into it further.

In the meantime, it shouldn't affect your life at all unless you urgently need to travel (in which case, make an appointment and go get a stamp). Remember the last time we went through this? For most of us, our partners were here while we were in our home countries, waiting desperately for the I129F or I130 to bring us back together. That really sucked. This time around, we're already here, living our lives, partners beside us. Let USCIS take their time, deal with things when they happen, and don't worry about it until you have to.

I LOVE your outlook. This is how I view it too! :)

K1 Visa (Consulate - London, UK)
October 28, 2013: I-129F sent
October 31, 2013: NOA1 (Texas)
November 20, 2013: NOA2
January 14, 2014: Packet 3 received
March 07, 2014: Packet 4 received
March 24, 2014: Interview - approved
May 06, 2014: POE Washington DC
May 22, 2014: Wedding

AOS
May 29, 2014: AOS Package sent

June 05, 2014: NOA for I-485 & I-765
July 09, 2014: Biometrics Appointment

August 12, 2014: EAD Approved

August 20, 2014: EAD Received

April 13, 2015: AOS Approved and GC in production (Interview Waived)

April 20, 2015: GC Received

ROC (Filing with Divorce Waiver)

April 14, 2016: ROC Package sent

April 18, 2016: NOA Received

June 14, 2016: Biometrics Appointment

March 31, 2017: ROC Approved (Interview Waived)

April 19, 2017: GC in production

April 21, 2017: GC mailed

April 26,2017: GC Received

Filed: Other Country: Honduras
Timeline

04/25/2016 i sent My package

04/26/2016 the package was delivered by USPS And signed for someone i Forgot attach the form which they notify through email or text, they haven't cashed the checks yet and I haven't received the NOA Letter

05/10/2016 today's date is this ok?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.