jeessgb

I-129F April 2016 Filers

2,999 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i would guess we're in the same batch... very similar dates. Hopefully we hear something before hitting triple digits. Have you called yet? Are you tracking cases around (y)ours?

I will pull numbers later and share either way... a bunch of apps from 04/07 have been processed this week alone.

It's driving me insane I am gettin so fed up and thinking ours is lost somewhere!! I haven't called but my fiancé tried and all he got was an automated response. I've been tracking cases around mine and there are mine and 2 others still waiting for approval, all the rest have been approved or sent an rfe. It's so disheartening to wake up day after day and still nothing when most others are being approved around 75-80 days, we're on 92 days now I would give my right arm for even an rfe at this moment in time ?

04/08/2016 - I-129F Sent
04/13/2016 - NOA1
08/08/2016 - NOA2
08/23/2016 - NVC Receive

08/23/2016 - NVC Case # assigned

08/29/2016 - NVC Sent to Consulate

09/07/2016 - Medical Interview

10/06/2016 - Visa Interview

(L):luv:

7d3ip1.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It's driving me insane I am gettin so fed up and thinking ours is lost somewhere!! I haven't called but my fiancé tried and all he got was an automated response. I've been tracking cases around mine and there are mine and 2 others still waiting for approval, all the rest have been approved or sent an rfe. It's so disheartening to wake up day after day and still nothing when most others are being approved around 75-80 days, we're on 92 days now I would give my right arm for even an rfe at this moment in time ?

this was exactly what i thought last night and today i got approved. So keep ur faith, ur approval is just around the concern. Wish u luck

USCIS:

2016-04-16: Filed I-129F

2016-04-18: USPS tracking shows package as delivered

2016-04-20: NOA1 E-mail received. Routed to CSC for processing.

2016-07-13: NOA2 App Notification. (84 days)

2016-07-19: NOA2 Hard Copy Rec'd

NVC:

2016-07-28: NVC case received

2016-07-29: NVC case #

2016-08-02: NVC left to Embassy (In Transit)

Embassy:

2016-08-04: Case is "READY"

2016-09-07: Medical exam

2016-09-12: Interview (APPROVED)

2016-10-01: JFK POE (Ticket booked)

event.png

Timeline

Opsss Im sorry, I read your timeline wrongly. Btw, congrats to your approval! :):dancing:

USCIS:

NVC:

Embassy:

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

I scraped data and analyzed a bit... there were 498 I-129Fs received 04/04-04/08

these are as of last night's round of approvals... only THREE apps from our week were touched last night, compared to 20+ between Monday and Tuesday. 42, ours included, haven't even been touched yet.

edit: table got destroyed, posting image instead:

62uCIzg.png

Edited by nygnyy

Went through K-1 (I-129F) AOS (I-485) EAD (I-765) AP (I-131) processes. Thanks to the Visa Journey community for their help and support!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

The post decision activity email came on July 13 amazingly 8 days after our NOA 2- we were waiting to get it more near the end of July - should start following up with the NVC next week-

Anyone who got the post- decision activity email gotten their case number yet ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

got an RFE today 7-13-16 text and web.

Now we wait more :(

Good luck guys......

Try to think what you could have missed- met online? Sent the website name or TOS? Birth certificate - check your copy of what you submitted - good luck - you are almost there

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I scraped data and analyzed a bit... there were 498 I-129Fs received 04/04-04/08

these are as of last night's round of approvals... only THREE apps from our week were touched last night, compared to 20+ between Monday and Tuesday. 42, ours included, haven't even been touched yet.

edit: table got destroyed, posting image instead:

62uCIzg.png

Thank you. At least we can see we're not in it alone. I'm gonna have to just keep myself busy to take my mind off of it!

04/08/2016 - I-129F Sent
04/13/2016 - NOA1
08/08/2016 - NOA2
08/23/2016 - NVC Receive

08/23/2016 - NVC Case # assigned

08/29/2016 - NVC Sent to Consulate

09/07/2016 - Medical Interview

10/06/2016 - Visa Interview

(L):luv:

7d3ip1.png

Timeline

The post decision activity email came on July 13 amazingly 8 days after our NOA 2- we were waiting to get it more near the end of July - should start following up with the NVC next week-

Anyone who got the post- decision activity email gotten their case number yet ?

this "post decision activity" means they sent your approved petition to NVC?

USCIS:

NVC:

Embassy:

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

hello all,

I am not understanding this post e mail thing. We got our NOA2 text on June 20th. I have called NVC and got the 6 week blah blah blah but, I am seeing that people are getting an e mail from USCIS? I have not gotten anything from them and don't really even understand what it is for? Does anyone know what the e mail means? One would think that after your I-129F was approved then that would be it, off to the NVC but maybe not..? Makes no sense! If they have to do more after the approval then its not an approval ....... We will be so glad when this nightmare is over with.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

NOA2 June 21, called NVC today and still nothing. Patiently waiting.

I did a government job search and found many positions open at USCIS. Seems they are understaffed now. Any of you want to apply and speed this up for everyone?:

https://www.usajobs.gov/Search/?Keyword=immigration&Location=&homeRadPublic=public&search=Search&AutoCompleteSelected=False&CanSeekStatusJobs=False

AOS

11.23.16 - AOS/EAD/AP Filed

12.12.16 - NOA1 Email

01.09.17 - Biometrics Appt

03.16.17 - EAD Approved/Card Being Produced

03.29.17 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card

04.21.17 - Green Card Received

ROC

02.01.19 - Filed

02.27.19 - NOA

April?       - Biometrics

01.15.20 - Approved/Card Being Produced

hello all,

I am not understanding this post e mail thing. We got our NOA2 text on June 20th. I have called NVC and got the 6 week blah blah blah but, I am seeing that people are getting an e mail from USCIS? I have not gotten anything from them and don't really even understand what it is for? Does anyone know what the e mail means? One would think that after your I-129F was approved then that would be it, off to the NVC but maybe not..? Makes no sense! If they have to do more after the approval then its not an approval ....... We will be so glad when this nightmare is over with.

I too have an NOA2 date of Jun 20th and as yet nothing, and certainly not an email other than the first NOA2 notification. My guess is this email is the USCIS response to the volume of calls, perhaps feeling if people have some type of communication then they will not be calling as much, I really don't think it is an indication that the case has been sent on to NVC, I hope I'll be proved wrong on that! Current wait times from USCIS to NVC case # have increased slowly and now seem to be sitting at nearly 4 weeks on average, which is extremely disappointing and frustrating. Unfortunately there is nothing we are able to do, it's a waiting game...we all just want it over with so we can get on to the next step.

Edited by Tashalan

I feel the same way as you... I think it is like everyone's worst nightmare to be in our position. I can't believe that they are approving May now and still haven't bothered to give us any news. So many prayers being said for good news soon!

K1 PROCESS-

4/13/16: I-129F sent to Lockbox

4/14/16: USCIS Receipt Date

4/19/16: NOA 1 text/ email; case sent to CSC

7/14/16: NOA 2 text/ email & Post Decision Activity Email

7/29/16: NVC Received Case

8/01/16: NVC assigned case number

8/08/16: Medical Interview

8/23/16: Consulate Interview

9/05/16: Visa Delivered

9/06/16: POE

AOS PROCESS-

9/17/16: AOS/ EAD/ AP Paperwork Sent

9/21/16: NOA 1 texts/ emails

9/26/16: NOA 1 hard copies

10/11/16: Biometrics Walk-In

10/12/16: RFIE Received (for AOS)

10/19/16: RFIE Response Sent

11/17/16: EAD/ AP Approved

11/25/16: EAD/ AP Received

Hi everyone, so I have some thoughts to share on this post-email to NVC thing (rolls eyes), I know its stressing out alot of us, myself included.

As far USCIS emails my fiance and I have never, i repeat NEVER gotten any email whatsoever from USCIS. We received one text for NOA1 with our tracking number. Aside from that, we got the hardcopy notices NOA1/2 in the mail to let us now what was going on.

I think, being a government employee myself (albeit a different country) the USCIS is try to roll out new initiatives to better serve its clients and the end result of that seems to be a bit of poor planning on their part with respect to the delivery. So, they chose either (A) use a sample group with particular NOA2 dates for this test run or (B) implement this new initiative as at NOA 2 dates June 25th and beyond. Either way it explains the email being sent to only a particular batch of people in the same month.

Further more, this initiative is probably not being communicated well or even mentioned to the customer service reps, which I think is why some get "standard answers" and other get a different response altogether. Nevertheless, we have to remember that USCIS sends approved I-129Fs in a bulk mail to NVC. So I think, when the "email" participants get their numbers, all the others in the batch should get it that same week as well since it only takes a couple days for NVC to process and send out the cases to the respective embassies.

We also know that slow down and volume of applicants in March will have caused a bottleneck at the NVC, but I still don't feel like it will be 6 weeks. Four at most.

What do you all think?

:goofy: AOS Timeline :goofy:
2016-11-03 - Package Sent - I-485, AP & EAD
2016-11-08 - Delivery Confirmation - Fedex
2016-11-22 - I-129F NOA1 : (text message)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I feel the same way as you... I think it is like everyone's worst nightmare to be in our position. I can't believe that they are approving May now and still haven't bothered to give us any news. So many prayers being said for good news soon!

I know there is probably nothing that can be said right now to ease the frustration and anxiety you, Shana1705, and everyone else still waiting for NOA2s (especially you early April fliers) are feeling but just wanted to send some support and encouragement your way. May today bring your approvals.

4/23/16 -Mailed I129F

4/28/16 -N0A1 Text & Email received

5/2/16 -Hard copy of N0A1 received

7/12/16 -NOA2 Text & Email received (hard copy rcvd 7/15/16)

9/5/16 -Medical

9/20/16 -Interview (approved!)

10/31/16 -POE @ LAX

11/11/16 -Wedding!!

12/12/16 -AOS/EAD/AP packet mailed

12/13/16 -AOS/EAD/AP packet delivered

12/20/16 -NOA1 Texts & Emails received

12/24/16 -NOA1 Hard copies received

Hi everyone, so I have some thoughts to share on this post-email to NVC thing (rolls eyes), I know its stressing out alot of us, myself included.

As far USCIS emails my fiance and I have never, i repeat NEVER gotten any email whatsoever from USCIS. We received one text for NOA1 with our tracking number. Aside from that, we got the hardcopy notices NOA1/2 in the mail to let us now what was going on.

I think, being a government employee myself (albeit a different country) the USCIS is try to roll out new initiatives to better serve its clients and the end result of that seems to be a bit of poor planning on their part with respect to the delivery. So, they chose either (A) use a sample group with particular NOA2 dates for this test run or (B) implement this new initiative as at NOA 2 dates June 25th and beyond. Either way it explains the email being sent to only a particular batch of people in the same month.

Further more, this initiative is probably not being communicated well or even mentioned to the customer service reps, which I think is why some get "standard answers" and other get a different response altogether. Nevertheless, we have to remember that USCIS sends approved I-129Fs in a bulk mail to NVC. So I think, when the "email" participants get their numbers, all the others in the batch should get it that same week as well since it only takes a couple days for NVC to process and send out the cases to the respective embassies.

We also know that slow down and volume of applicants in March will have caused a bottleneck at the NVC, but I still don't feel like it will be 6 weeks. Four at most.

What do you all think?

Agreed on all points. I want to believe that if someone with a NOA2 of 28th June got that email, then mine and others with NOA2 around that date would also be in that bulk batch shipment. Just for all to know, my fiance called USCIS (tier 2) yesterday and the rep said to call back in 2 weeks at most if we haven't heard anything. So its coming soon!

03/11/16 - Engaged!

09/27/16 – Interview Date – Approved

10/13/16 – POE Houston

12/22/16 - HAPPILY MARRIED!!!!

01/09/17 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

01/23/17 - NOA1 texts and emails received

01/27/17 - NOA1 hardcopies received 

02/11/17 - Biometrics appointment letter received

02/21/17 - Biometrics appointment

04/17/17 - EAD status changed to New Card Being Produced

04/21/17 - NOA2 hardcopies for EAD and AP received 

04/26/17 - EAD/AP combo card received

05/26/17 - RFE Received (I-485)

06/12/17 - RFE Response Received at Houston Field office

06/22/17 - I-485 approved, Card being produced

06/29/17 - Hardcopy I-485  approval notice received

07/01/17 - Greencard in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.