jeessgb

I-129F April 2016 Filers

2,999 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Same boat here, noa2 June 8th still not at NVC it's been over 8 weeks now. They kept giving me the 6 week spiel and then after 6 weeks asked me to email NVC research with scanned copy of noa2. I did but all I got back was that they don't have it and will work with USCIS to find the location of the petition. I have no idea what's going on. I was on the same boat with 2 other VJers who were approved a week before me but they finally were received last week. I'm still waiting and getting kinda nervous and frustrated. I hope you get there soon I'm sure you will any day now I heard July approvals have been getting there at a better pace. Just thought I'd let you know your not alone.

Eight weeks? How do you hold it together? What are your true thoughts? Was your package lost, or just put aside? What retribution do you have? Must be extremely tough when folks with approvals near your own have already reached the NVC. I am really, really sorry.

By the way, I do appreciate the response. its nice to know I am not alone.

MEETING

12 March 2012: Met Dyn at a coffee shop in Kuwait

Summer 2012: I returned home to the U.S. to prepare a way for Dyn

Fall 2014: Dyn returns home to Philippines after seven years in Kuwait

ANNULMENT

February 2014: Engaged while I visited Philippines

March 2014: Officially hired attorney and filed for Dyn's annulment in Bohol, Philippines

December 2015: Bohol District Court issues decision in our favor

December 2015: Judge sends transcript of his decision to OSG for processing

February 05 2016: OSG returned receipt and approval to district court in Bohol. CoF to be issued end of second week in February

February 09 2016: Dyn is presented with the Entry of Judgment and her Certificate of Finality via the local court.

February 15 2016: LCR issues annotated marriage certificate, and necessary documents are forwarded to the NSO / PSA visa LBC

April 19 2016: Received CENOMAR and Annotated MC from PSA via private courier. DONE! COMPLETE! FINISHED! OFFICIAL!

I-129F / K1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS

April 04 2016: I-129F sent to Texas Lockbox via USPS Priority Mail

April 12 2016: Email from USCIS acceptance confirmation

April 17 2016: Official NOA1 hard copy received

July 12 2016: NOA2 Approval hard copy received

July 14 2016: Post Decision Activity email from USCIS

THE LONG WAIT (USCIS misplaced approved petition)

September 16 2016: NVC received approved I-129F petition and assigns case number

INTERVIEW / MEDICAL PROCESS

October 04 2016: Day 1 of medical at SLEC in Manila

October 05 2016: Psychiatric evaluation off-site due to psychological incapacity annulment (10 hour eval with 800 question profile test)

October 13 2016: CFO Seminar completed successfully and certificate awarded (CFO stamp not issued until visa is presented).

October 20 2016: Return to SLEC complete psychological evaluation with resident psychologist (less than ten minutes)

October 21 2016: Vaccination day at SLEC (medical finally complete)

October 25 2016: Visa interview at USEM in Manila (APPROVED)

HOMECOMING

November 19 2016: Dyn's arrival at POE Dulles IAD in Washington DC

December 01 2016: Married

Timeline

Yes for the medical you can print a screenshot of the CEAC NVC READY status, my fiance just did that yesterday. For the interview you will need either a scanned copy of the NVC hard copy letter or the email from NVC with your case number and beneficiary name.

Yes the email from NVC with the case number and beneficiary name printed is acceptable alternative the the NVC hard copy letter. see reply to mabeatz27 above.

I we never got an email or letter from the NVC. I got my case number by calling them.any suggestions?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Eight weeks? How do you hold it together? What are your true thoughts? Was your package lost, or just put aside? What retribution do you have? Must be extremely tough when folks with approvals near your own have already reached the NVC. I am really, really sorry.

At first I thought it was put aside, now the more I think of it I think it's lost. The 2 other VJ members in the same position as me got there by their 8 week mark- unfortunately my 8 weeks will be up and still they don't have it- so yes I think it's lost.

I've gotten my senators person involved and they're still waiting on NVC to contact USCIS and get a response. It's crazy because I feel like since I've waited over the 6 weeks they should try alittle harder to get it moving now. USCIS is NOO help and the tier 2s give me no specific date or even a good answer- they even told me not to call them that nothing is in their hands anymore after approval. I know it's a bunch of Bologna.

I feel hopeless and feel like there's nothing I can do but wait until someone finally either fesses up to it being lost/sent somewhere else - or it just was never sent out and forgotten about. :(

Thanks for your kind words. I know that if your waiting 5,6, or 8 weeks - this stage is hard for EVERYONE because you finally get approved and think it's going to move fast and then it's just another big delay. So I know it's hard for you too and pray you guys get there soon.

Timeline

Hi all,

just a quick question. I'm shipping my Affidavit of Support and documents along with that....what is the best mail courier that is reliable and cost efficient? In my area (Northern California), I have USPS, FedEx and UPS. Any recommendations would really help. Thanks!!!

I'm in Northern Cali as well. I mailed mine out FEDEX and she got it two days earlier than expected and she lives in a remote area. It was rather expensive so please be aware of this. You might check with DHL because they do deliver there. I would NOT suggest USPS as I've heard of issues with that. UPS I know does deliver there as well. I simply went through FEDEX because I knew I wouldn't have to sweat it.

(L) Doug & Thin's K1 Journey (L)

• 04/27/16 I-129F Packet Sent to Lewisville, TX Lock Box via USPS Overnight EXPRESS Mail.
  • 04/28/16 Delivered by USPS AT 11:39AM. Delivery Confirmation via email by USPS.
  • 05/02/16 Check Cashed Electronically (No text or email received with the notification)
  • 05/03/16 Email & Text stating paperwork was received on 04/28, accepted and rerouted to CSC.
  • 05/12/16 Called USCIS to request a hard-copy of NOA1 which was not received (Original NOA1 was never received or located).
  • 05/29/16 Actually finally received NOA1 hard-copy after numerous calls after USPS returned 2nd NOA1 as being undeliverable.
  • 07/08/16 NOA2 APPROVED!! All the apps started going off one after the other. Last notice I received is the text from USCIS.
  • 07/12/16 Hard Copy of NOA2 received!
  • 07/14/16 Received email at 2217hrs of "POST DECISION ACTIVITY" regarding file being forwarded from USCIS to NVC.
  • 07/27/16 NVC received petition packet.
  • 07/28/16 NVC issues MNL-2016-710-@@@
  • 07/28/16 Visa paid for K1 & K2
  • 07/28/16 Mailed out Petition Packet with all documents to K1 via FEDEX (COST $221.00!!!)
  • 07/29/16 IN TRANSIT to USEM, Manila, Philippines
  • 08/02/16 File received and 'READY' at US Embassy, Manila Philippines. (08/01/2016 US)
  • 08/11/16 CENOMAR & NBI in hand.
  • 08/16/16 Medical scheduled for K1 & K2 at St Lukes
  • 08/17/16 Medical with OB/GYN COMPLETED
  • 08/18/16 CFO Seminar COMPLETED & Return for shots and TB results for K2
  • 08/22/16 Interview scheduled at 0815hrs :dance: COMPLETED INTERVIEW!! :dance:
  • 09/02/16 Visa Issued in hand
  • 09/05/16 CFO decal placed in K1 & K2 passports
  • 09/08/16 - Flight booked! Set to depart on EVA Airways at 12:40PM
  • 09/08/16 - Set to ARRIVE in US 4:30PM (Pacific Standard Time) POE: San Francisco International Airport

:dancing: :joy:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

At first I thought it was put aside, now the more I think of it I think it's lost. The 2 other VJ members in the same position as me got there by their 8 week mark- unfortunately my 8 weeks will be up and still they don't have it- so yes I think it's lost.

I've gotten my senators person involved and they're still waiting on NVC to contact USCIS and get a response. It's crazy because I feel like since I've waited over the 6 weeks they should try alittle harder to get it moving now. USCIS is NOO help and the tier 2s give me no specific date or even a good answer- they even told me not to call them that nothing is in their hands anymore after approval. I know it's a bunch of Bologna.

I feel hopeless and feel like there's nothing I can do but wait until someone finally either fesses up to it being lost/sent somewhere else - or it just was never sent out and forgotten about. :(

Thanks for your kind words. I know that if your waiting 5,6, or 8 weeks - this stage is hard for EVERYONE because you finally get approved and think it's going to move fast and then it's just another big delay. So I know it's hard for you too and pray you guys get there soon.

Timeline

Interview is set for August 22nd at 8:15AM. The visa's is expected to be delivered at the Mall of Asia on Friday, August 26th. I did my homework on this and its the norm expected delivery time if you are using 2Go at the Mall of Asia.

I was monitoring flight prices and when I was looking a couple months ago, flights were about $850 for two for a one-way. Then recently i saw flights jump to $1400-$1600 which I wasn't too happy about. But I also knew to check prices a couple times a day because there is one day out of the week they drastically drop.

Yesterday, I booked a flight on EVA Airways (one way) for Sunday the 28th to depart Manila at 12:40PM. It's a 19 hour (one stop) flight stopping with a 4 hour layover in Taipei. My girls will arrive at San Francisco International on the 28th at 4:30PM.

You will get your best deal booking 21 days minimum in advance. I'm not telling everyone that is what they should do, but if you're confident your significant other will pass the interview process and have their visa in hand on time, be smart and book ahead. Yes, I'm aware there could be a hiccup, but I have to have faith.... Good luck to everyone!

• 04/27/16 I-129F Packet Sent to Lewisville, TX Lock Box via USPS Overnight EXPRESS Mail.
  • 04/28/16 Delivered by USPS AT 11:39AM. Delivery Confirmation via email by USPS.
  • 05/02/16 Check Cashed Electronically (No text or email received with the notification)
  • 05/03/16 Email & Text stating paperwork was received on 04/28, accepted and rerouted to CSC.
  • 05/12/16 Called USCIS to request a hard-copy of NOA1 which was not received (Original NOA1 was never received or located).
  • 05/29/16 Actually finally received NOA1 hard-copy after numerous calls after USPS returned 2nd NOA1 as being undeliverable.
  • 07/08/16 NOA2 APPROVED!! All the apps started going off one after the other. Last notice I received is the text from USCIS.
  • 07/14/16 Received email at 2217hrs of "POST DECISION ACTIVITY" regarding file being forwarded from USCIS to NVC.
  • 07/28/16 Mailed out Petition Packet with all documents to K1 via FEDEX (COST $221.00!!!)
  • 08/02/16 File received and 'READY' at US Embassy, Manila Philippines. (08/01/2016 US)
  • 09/08/16 - Set to ARRIVE in US 4:30PM (Pacific Standard Time) POE: San Francisco International Airport

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

its not an interview letter its just saying embassy has received case, and original i-129f with approved stamp on it

Are you expecting a separate interview letter, or is that it until your appointment? Also, did they deliver it to your home address?

Edited by otmy0023

4-6-2016: I129F Sent

4-13-2016: NOA1

7-1-2016: NOA2

7-26-2016: NVC Received, Case number assigned

7-31-2016: Consulate received, status ready

8-11-2016: Medical

9-1-2016: Consulate Interview

11-10-2016: AOS package received

11-30-2016 NOA1 Text/Email

Timeline

The letters of intent (from each of you), and the I-134 Affidavit of Support which the Original Poster stated he mailed BOTH require signatures. ANY document related directly to the petition which requires a signature MUST be originals and cannot be a scanned copy.

After calling NVC over and over complaining and requesting them to mail or email the letter so we can use it to request a Hong Kong police clearance and them telling me either that NVC no longer sends the letter or it could take up to 6 weeks to be sent, we finally received our NVC letter in the mail yesterday when I arrived home. But of course now we have a new problem, we still cannot get a bank draft in Hong Kong Dollar for the Police Clearance fee!

My fiance has a Landbank account but that bank doesn't issue bank drafts in Hong Kong Dollar, she went to China bank and BPI they both can issue bank drafts in Hong Kong Dollar but only if you have an account with them, and to open a new account with them one of the requirements is a billing (utility?) statement, which she doesn't have.

So now that we have the NVC letter we still cannot get a bank draft in Hong Kong Dollar to order and pay the police clearance fee! Arggg i'm so frustrated right now, and my fiance is soo stubborn and refuse to follow my directions, insists she will do her part her way then she mucks everything up and causes us delays!

I sent a copy of each of my last 3 months pay statements, as well as the last pay statements for the previous 3 years December 2013, 2014, 2015. I did not send a bank statement, because I think the previous 3 years or pay statements, W2 and 1040 tax statements are sufficient proof of income, and a bank statement really has absolutely nothing to do with income nor do I feel it is the governments business to review my purchases and spending.

Still haven't received anything from the NVC either which I'm concerned about myself. You are required apparently required to have this letter for your interview is my understanding??

its not an interview letter its just saying embassy has received case, and original i-129f with approved stamp on it

I hope I get one of these in time to take to the medical with me ..

Says I need "A Letter/Email from the embassy/NVC to confirm your case number and visa category"

• NOA1 Received 15th March 2016

• RFE (via app) 30th June 201

• RFE Received 5th July 2016

• RFE sent back 11th July 2016

• RFE Received 13th July 2016

• NOA2 (via website) Approved 19th July 2016 :dance: (4 months 4 Days)

• N0A2 Hard-copy by Post 23 July 2016

• NVC Case number received 02 Aug 2016

• Left NVC 03 Aug 2016

• Letter from Embassy UK (received my case) 19th Aug 2016

• Police report received 19th Aug 2016

• Medical 30 Aug 2016

• Interview 14 Sep 2016 APPROVED

• Case changed to AP 15 Sep 2016

• Enter USA Chicago IL 17th October 2016

• WEDDING 10th December 2016

• TRYING TO WORK OUT AOS NOW 

Timeline

Interview is set for August 22nd at 8:15AM. The visa's is expected to be delivered at the Mall of Asia on Friday, August 26th. I did my homework on this and its the norm expected delivery time if you are using 2Go at the Mall of Asia.

I was monitoring flight prices and when I was looking a couple months ago, flights were about $850 for two for a one-way. Then recently i saw flights jump to $1400-$1600 which I wasn't too happy about. But I also knew to check prices a couple times a day because there is one day out of the week they drastically drop.

Yesterday, I booked a flight on EVA Airways (one way) for Sunday the 28th to depart Manila at 12:40PM. It's a 19 hour (one stop) flight stopping with a 4 hour layover in Taipei. My girls will arrive at San Francisco International on the 28th at 4:30PM.

You will get your best deal booking 21 days minimum in advance. I'm not telling everyone that is what they should do, but if you're confident your significant other will pass the interview process and have their visa in hand on time, be smart and book ahead. Yes, I'm aware there could be a hiccup, but I have to have faith.... Good luck to everyone!

Our interview is on the 22nd also, at 9 a.m. I'm looking at flying back the following tuesday afternoon I went through to tuesday just to be sure that her visa would be done because we want to fly back together. Now that you say the 26th I wish I would have taken the chance and booked then.

Timeline

Six days since the consulate received our case and we scheduled our interview, and still haven't received the interview letter to do the medical. Is anyone else having an issue getting this letter?

Still haven't received our letter from NVC either. Intending to put in Dropbox as soon as I get it. I recently moved as this was all in progress and submitted the change in address but we all know the address change doesn't always happen.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Says I need "A Letter/Email from the embassy/NVC to confirm your case number and visa category"

you dont need that for medical .. just print your interview page from ais site and ceac screen shot .. thats what i took last week

Timeline

Our interview is on the 22nd also, at 9 a.m. I'm looking at flying back the following tuesday afternoon I went through to tuesday just to be sure that her visa would be done because we want to fly back together. Now that you say the 26th I wish I would have taken the chance and booked then.

I originally was intending to fly there as well, but we are in peak season and I begin a management position on Monday so I reasonably can't do that now. But went through checking so many visa's on hand being delivered to Mall of Asia and if you had an interview on Monday, they were available for pickup on Friday. Some even came in on a Thursday.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

oh and i took the ds-160 printout because that has k1 on it

you dont need that for medical .. just print your interview page from ais site and ceac screen shot .. thats what i took last week

I will thank you

• NOA1 Received 15th March 2016

• RFE (via app) 30th June 201

• RFE Received 5th July 2016

• RFE sent back 11th July 2016

• RFE Received 13th July 2016

• NOA2 (via website) Approved 19th July 2016 :dance: (4 months 4 Days)

• N0A2 Hard-copy by Post 23 July 2016

• NVC Case number received 02 Aug 2016

• Left NVC 03 Aug 2016

• Letter from Embassy UK (received my case) 19th Aug 2016

• Police report received 19th Aug 2016

• Medical 30 Aug 2016

• Interview 14 Sep 2016 APPROVED

• Case changed to AP 15 Sep 2016

• Enter USA Chicago IL 17th October 2016

• WEDDING 10th December 2016

• TRYING TO WORK OUT AOS NOW 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.