jeessgb

I-129F April 2016 Filers

2,999 posts in this topic

Ok i have a question for those of you who have already received either the NVC email OR hard copy letter!

What date did you receive your NVC case number?:

What date did you receive your NVC hard copy letter?:

What date did you receive your NVC email with case number?:

We received our NVC case number July 20, its been 13 days now and we still have not received the NVC hard copy letter OR the NVC email with case number. Either of these are required for us to send a request for a hong kong police clearance, i already contacted NVC about this 3x, the first guy told me it will be mailed soon. Last Friday i called and the girl said it wasn't mailed yet so she submitted a request to email it to us. I called today and the guy was a jerk with an attitude right from the beginning when asking the case number, i had to repeat it about 7-8x before he typed it in right! He said that he can see i called Friday and that the girl had submitted a request to email it,he can see it was not mailed yet, and the best answer he had was "you should receive the email later this week or next week" omg are they using courtier pigeon to send an email!!?

What date did you receive your NVC case number?: - Case number assigned on 07/29/2016

What date did you receive your NVC hard copy letter?: - Not yet received

What date did you receive your NVC email with case number?: - Received an e-mail last night regarding my e-mail inquiry from NVC - 08/01/2016

K1 Fiance Visa:

Spoiler

04.18.16 - i129F sent

04.22.16 - NOA1

07.07.16 - NOA2 :)

07.29.16 - NVC case number/invoice id assigned :dancing:

08.03.16 - NVC case "READY" - US Embassy Manila :)

08.16.16-08.17.16 - Medical - PASSED

08.25.16 - Interview - APPROVED :dance:

08.26.16 - Visa "READY" status

08.31.16 - CFO Seminar - COMPLETED

09.06.16 - Visa "ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING" status

09.08.16 - Visa "ISSUED"

09.12.16 - Visa picked-up at 2GO MOA and ON HAND :dancing:(18 days from interview)

09.14.16 - POE LAX :dance: - FINALLY ENDED THE DISTANCE AFTER 7 YEARS

10.14.16 - FINALLY MARRIED!!! (L):wub::dance:

AOS:

12.08.16 - AOS Filed

12.27.16 - NOA-1 received

01.03.17 - Received Biometrics Appointment

01.13.17 - Biometrics Appointment - DONE

03.10.17 - Case Status changed to Ready to schedule for interview

03.11.17 - EAD approval

03.25.17 - Received EAD card :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Fruitcake is correct, Case ID = NVC Case Number

Thank you!!!! I created 36 pages like this, for our photo album for the embassy interview, if this doesn't prove to them we are a loving and happy family then nothing will!! lol

Thanks BigAnt! Yea your dates are almost identical to mine, I dont understand why it takes so long for them to send an email or put a sheet of paper into an envelope and mail it, and why after 2 weeks we have not received either!? Getting frustrated, i think for the interview we can use the NOA2 and screenshot of the CEAC NVC Ready status, but i'm not 100% positive about that, and we still cannot order her hong kong police clearance without a letter which shows both the case number AND her name, and the only single document which shows both the case# and name is the NVC email or letter :cry:

I told my fiance she should meet up with your fiance yesterday, but she wasn't feeling well and had that fever so she was in a hurry to get back to the hotel to rest before rushing out to Quiapo to get photo paper then back to Ermita to a print shop to print our photo album pictures for the interview. She got ripped off at the photo shop! They quoted her 20 peso per sheet printed, which is already 2x more expensive than it should be, then when guy seen these were pictures of her with an american he raised the price to 25 peso per sheet (on our own paper we brought!), after all sheets were finished printing she was about to pay then the guys wife runs out and scolds the guy and tells him to charge us 35 peso per sheet!!!? It must be that Americano foreigner tax! Total printing fee $30 (1260 peso) for 36 pages

BTW since my fiance had to be back at St Lukes yesterday morning for her immunizations and medical report releasing, she didn't show up for her CFO seminar, so we decided to wait and reschedule for after her visa arrives at 2go Mall of Asia. After the visa arrives at 2go, I'll send her to pickup the visa in the morning, and schedule her CFO seminar for 2:00pm same day.

Sorry to hear that. Rose had to go reprint her photo's cause she had some small earrings in her ear.. and St Luke's wouldn't accept the photos..... that I didn't even notice when looking at the photo :innocent::innocent::innocent:

break_through_brick_wall_PA_md_wm.gif

Finally broke that wall ..lol

NOA2...... 81 days June 20, 2016

NVC 29 DAYS

NCV received JULY 19, 2016

NVC # and ID # given 6pm JULY 19, 2016

NVC in TRANSIT JULY 21

MEDICAL AUG 2

CFO AUG 4...... 9am

Interview AUG 9 APPROVED

VISA ISSUED Aug 15

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

My fiance got packet 3 today! :D :D

04/14/16-Case Received

04/18/16-NOA1

04/21/16-NOA1 Hard Copy

06/30/16-NOA2 (73 days)

07/05/16-NOA2 Hard Copy

07/25/16-NVC Case Number Assigned.

07/26/16-Case was in Transit.

07/28/16-Case is now 'Ready' in Amsterdam

08/03/16-Received packet 3

09/27/16-Interview - APPROVED!!

09/29/16- Visa received.

10/29/16- POE date.

12/03/16-Receiving Social Security Number

12/01/16-Married

01/09/17-Filed AP, AOS and EAD

01/22/17-Received NOA1 

02/06/17-Biometrics Appointment Letter Received 

02/10/17- Digital RFIE received 

02/16/17-Biometrics appointment

02/21/17-RFIE Response Sent

02/23/17-RFIE Response received by USCIS

02/24/17-Status was updated on the USCIS website to "Response received" 

03/09/17-Status changed to "Ready to Schedule Interview"

04/14/17-Filed a service request for EAD card

04/19/17- EAD card is being produced

04/25/17-EAD/AP card was sent out.

04/27/17-Received combo card. 

09/25/17-AOS Interview-APPROVED!

09/30/17-Green card in hand! Done for 2 years :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

did you send email to request an electronic letter? it might be an option to try.

Sounds like a possibility. Who do you e-mail to make this request?

4-6-2016: I129F Sent

4-13-2016: NOA1

7-1-2016: NOA2

7-26-2016: NVC Received, Case number assigned

7-31-2016: Consulate received, status ready

8-11-2016: Medical

9-1-2016: Consulate Interview

11-10-2016: AOS package received

11-30-2016 NOA1 Text/Email

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Wondering why some cases seem to take so long and others don't??? I've seen some where they've received their case # and 4-5 days later their Consulate had received it. Mine has been at NVC with case # and invoice # since last Friday and it shows it's still at NVC??? I guess I am not sure how long things take.....I know we all get the standard estimated times that they tell us, when in most cases it seems to take a lot less.....so how long does everyone think it actually takes to get to the Embassy??

P.S. I am feeling like a pain the behind (lots of questions, etc.), if you know what I mean......so apologies to all LOL!!!

Wondering why some cases seem to take so long and others don't??? I've seen some where they've received their case # and 4-5 days later their Consulate had received it. Mine has been at NVC with case # and invoice # since last Friday and it shows it's still at NVC??? I guess I am not sure how long things take.....I know we all get the standard estimated times that they tell us, when in most cases it seems to take a lot less.....so how long does everyone think it actually takes to get to the Embassy??

P.S. I am feeling like a pain the behind (lots of questions, etc.), if you know what I mean......so apologies to all LOL!!!

I feel the same way you do... Granted mine only got a number yesterday, but I don't understand why they aren't sent out as soon as they have a number! It doesn't make sense to keep them sitting there.

K1 PROCESS-

4/13/16: I-129F sent to Lockbox

4/14/16: USCIS Receipt Date

4/19/16: NOA 1 text/ email; case sent to CSC

7/14/16: NOA 2 text/ email & Post Decision Activity Email

7/29/16: NVC Received Case

8/01/16: NVC assigned case number

8/08/16: Medical Interview

8/23/16: Consulate Interview

9/05/16: Visa Delivered

9/06/16: POE

AOS PROCESS-

9/17/16: AOS/ EAD/ AP Paperwork Sent

9/21/16: NOA 1 texts/ emails

9/26/16: NOA 1 hard copies

10/11/16: Biometrics Walk-In

10/12/16: RFIE Received (for AOS)

10/19/16: RFIE Response Sent

11/17/16: EAD/ AP Approved

11/25/16: EAD/ AP Received

Timeline

I feel the same way you do... Granted mine only got a number yesterday, but I don't understand why they aren't sent out as soon as they have a number! It doesn't make sense to keep them sitting there.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!! It's just confusing to figure any of it out.....so I guess the best thing to do is be as patient as possible LOL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!! It's just confusing to figure any of it out.....so I guess the best thing to do is be as patient as possible LOL

This is just a guess based on my experience and some other cases I've been following but I don't think we should trust that case status so much. Mine stayed at NVC for 5 days before I got a number and then 2 days after I got # it said in transit but right the next morning it was ready at embassy...So I don't see how it would have arrived overnight. I presume they just didn't update my case until then.

Timeline

This is just a guess based on my experience and some other cases I've been following but I don't think we should trust that case status so much. Mine stayed at NVC for 5 days before I got a number and then 2 days after I got # it said in transit but right the next morning it was ready at embassy...So I don't see how it would have arrived overnight. I presume they just didn't update my case until then.

Thanks for that info!! That's kind of what I was assuming...everything seems to be so slow and then all of the sudden it's at the Embassy. Fingers crossed :)

Ohh well that is a good guess, I hope you are right about that :)

I have a theory that part of the reason why the whole process takes so long in general is because the government tells USCIS and NVC to stall in order to keep immigration under control which would be understandable but it very frustrating when you are going through it! I think I have used up a lifetimes worth of patience through this process! lol

K1 PROCESS-

4/13/16: I-129F sent to Lockbox

4/14/16: USCIS Receipt Date

4/19/16: NOA 1 text/ email; case sent to CSC

7/14/16: NOA 2 text/ email & Post Decision Activity Email

7/29/16: NVC Received Case

8/01/16: NVC assigned case number

8/08/16: Medical Interview

8/23/16: Consulate Interview

9/05/16: Visa Delivered

9/06/16: POE

AOS PROCESS-

9/17/16: AOS/ EAD/ AP Paperwork Sent

9/21/16: NOA 1 texts/ emails

9/26/16: NOA 1 hard copies

10/11/16: Biometrics Walk-In

10/12/16: RFIE Received (for AOS)

10/19/16: RFIE Response Sent

11/17/16: EAD/ AP Approved

11/25/16: EAD/ AP Received

Timeline

Ohh well that is a good guess, I hope you are right about that :)

I have a theory that part of the reason why the whole process takes so long in general is because the government tells USCIS and NVC to stall in order to keep immigration under control which would be understandable but it very frustrating when you are going through it! I think I have used up a lifetimes worth of patience through this process! lol

I have used up a ton of patience as well LOL :clock::clock:

Timeline

Our case was received by NVC this morning, no case number yet, I will call tomorrow for that since i have to go to work in an hour.

Case was approved on July 19th.

Congrats!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

We have received our case # from the NVC and it is being sent to the US Consulate in my country. What do we do next? I'm a little confused about whether we bring all of the next necessary documents to the interview or ship them?

I guess Packet 3 will tell us everything, right?

Usually does the Packet 3/4 get shipped to the Beneficiary or Petitioner?

Thanks.

EDIT: Can I schedule the interview now, before we receive Packet 3?

Edited by capriwithlove

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.