jeessgb

I-129F April 2016 Filers

2,999 posts in this topic

I never heard or read anything like, Should wait the NVC case status to change to READY before paying the visa.

What I know is that when you receive the NVC case number which means you are now able to pay the visa fee then proceed to the next step which is scheduling an interview.

I dont know what to do now, just made me confused.

04-11-2016 Sent to Dallas, TX

04-14-2016 ✔ Received @ Dallas. Case routed to CSC

04-18-2016 ✔ NOA1 email/text notification

04-23-2016 ✔ NOA1 hard copy received

06-25-2016 ✔ NOA2 APPROVED

(68 days since NOA1)

06-30-2016 NOA2 Hard copy received

07-21-2016 ✔ NVC number assigned!

(26 days since NOA2)

07-27-2016 ✔ NVC case status "READY"

08-03-2016 ✔ 1st day of Medical @SLEC

08-04-2016 ✔ 2nd day of Medical @SLEC. Passed.

08-05-2016 ✔ NVC e-mail notification

08-08-2016 ✔ NVC Hard copy received

(19 days since NVC # assigned)

08-16-2016 ✔ INTERVIEW APPROVED

08-18-2016 ✔ CFO Seminar

08-19-2016 ✔ Visa READY for pick up

08-20-2016 Visa Picked up @2GO MOA

08-24-2016 POE @ LAX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

File had been received at Philippines Embassy..... about to go ahead and change the date to Aug 9th..... Once receiving the NVC # only took one week to make to the Embassy and website says "READY"

break_through_brick_wall_PA_md_wm.gif

Finally broke that wall ..lol

NOA2...... 81 days June 20, 2016

NVC 29 DAYS

NCV received JULY 19, 2016

NVC # and ID # given 6pm JULY 19, 2016

NVC in TRANSIT JULY 21

MEDICAL AUG 2

CFO AUG 4...... 9am

Interview AUG 9 APPROVED

VISA ISSUED Aug 15

Timeline

how long does it take the nvc to send my case to the embassy of my country?

Send to Philippines on took a week

NVC 29 DAYS

NVC in TRANSIT JULY 21

MEDICAL AUG 2

CFO AUG 4...... 9am

Interview AUG 9 APPROVED

VISA ISSUED Aug 15

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Just sticking in a comment here since I was an April filer so I can follow the thread as well :)

Got my NoA1 on April 28th and NoA2 on 8th of July so still waiting for the NVC notice and case number :P

Seems like NVC is still slow though...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So I'm still waiting for NOA2, 103 days now ? Londoners, how long is it taking for you to get through the NVC stage to scheduling your medical and interview? I was hoping to be able to move at the end of November, just wondering if it would be possible to complete everything in that time or whether I should make alternative arrangements.

04/08/2016 - I-129F Sent
04/13/2016 - NOA1
08/08/2016 - NOA2
08/23/2016 - NVC Receive

08/23/2016 - NVC Case # assigned

08/29/2016 - NVC Sent to Consulate

09/07/2016 - Medical Interview

10/06/2016 - Visa Interview

(L):luv:

7d3ip1.png

Timeline

So I'm still waiting for NOA2, 103 days now ? Londoners, how long is it taking for you to get through the NVC stage to scheduling your medical and interview? I was hoping to be able to move at the end of November, just wondering if it would be possible to complete everything in that time or whether I should make alternative arrangements.

What the h-ell?!

Have you tried calling the USCIS office since your NoA2 date is passed their timeline? If you don't get an answer then you should try and contact your senator/congressman and get them involved. According to your timeline you should've gotten your NoA2 last month :o

Edited by linafinn

Timeline

That is true about London! They are constantly adding more interview spots so if you keep checking you can get a much earlier one than you originally scheduled!! :)

Oh, that is great news!! Thanks, guys! :)

SaveSave

July 9: First Date in London

March 1: Belated Leap Day Engagement

Mar 26: Mailed I-129f packet to Dallas Lockbox via Tracked Royal Mail from England

July 25: Case # Assigned {4 months since Mailing Day back in March!}
August 1: 'Ready' Status at the Embassy!
September 8: Interview Date!
November 22: Courthouse Wedding date (North Carolina)
December: Filed for Adjustment of Status

May 19: Big Fat American Wedding date (Maryland)

July: Green Card Received!

July: Filed for Removal of Conditions

July: 18-month Extension Received

Timeline

I agree with the poster above -- reach out and see if you can't get any further updates! Email your senator/congressperson, too. But my rough mental timeline (which, based on my and others' experiences here seems to have been pretty accurate so far):

From NOA2 Date:

- 2-3 weeks for USCIS to send to NVC

- 1 week for NVC to find it & assign a case #

- 1 week for it to get from NVC to London Embassy

Although the USCIS --> NVC part could technically take up to 6 weeks, it looks like it's averaging 3 and folks are getting lucky with 2.

So if you get your NOA2 within the next month (by August 25th) and presuming you have EVERYTHING else in order -- police certificate received, Special Access Report received if needed, jabs done, forms filled, DS-160 done and confirmation page printed, etc. -- then you should be able to schedule your medical and interview simultaneously August by mid-to-late September. From there, it's ~60 - 70 days to interview (although that seems to be getting shorter!) So you could still interview + depart by mid-to-late November and be together in the US in time for Thanksgiving.

July 9: First Date in London

March 1: Belated Leap Day Engagement

Mar 26: Mailed I-129f packet to Dallas Lockbox via Tracked Royal Mail from England

July 25: Case # Assigned {4 months since Mailing Day back in March!}
August 1: 'Ready' Status at the Embassy!
September 8: Interview Date!
November 22: Courthouse Wedding date (North Carolina)
December: Filed for Adjustment of Status

May 19: Big Fat American Wedding date (Maryland)

July: Green Card Received!

July: Filed for Removal of Conditions

July: 18-month Extension Received

Timeline

What the h-ell?!

Have you tried calling the USCIS office since your NoA2 date is passed their timeline? If you don't get an answer then you should try and contact your senator/congressman and get them involved. According to your timeline you should've gotten your NoA2 last month :o

Yes, we called last week and the lady we spoke to said that the USCIS processing times are currently 5 months and as we haven't passed that time, they wont look into it. She said our case was still there though. This timeline isn't anything to do with USCIS apparently, as not everyone who applies for a visa registers on this site, so it gives an unpredictable timeline.

04/08/2016 - I-129F Sent
04/13/2016 - NOA1
08/08/2016 - NOA2
08/23/2016 - NVC Receive

7d3ip1.png

Timeline

I agree with the poster above -- reach out and see if you can't get any further updates! Email your senator/congressperson, too. But my rough mental timeline (which, based on my and others' experiences here seems to have been pretty accurate so far):

From NOA2 Date:

- 2-3 weeks for USCIS to send to NVC

- 1 week for NVC to find it & assign a case #

- 1 week for it to get from NVC to London Embassy

Although the USCIS --> NVC part could technically take up to 6 weeks, it looks like it's averaging 3 and folks are getting lucky with 2.

So if you get your NOA2 within the next month (by August 25th) and presuming you have EVERYTHING else in order -- police certificate received, Special Access Report received if needed, jabs done, forms filled, DS-160 done and confirmation page printed, etc. -- then you should be able to schedule your medical and interview simultaneously August by mid-to-late September. From there, it's ~60 - 70 days to interview (although that seems to be getting shorter!) So you could still interview + depart by mid-to-late November and be together in the US in time for Thanksgiving.

I have a feeling its taking so long because I have a special guardianship order in place for my niece as my sister was killed 8 years ago. I have a leave to remove order in place though, which I sent in with my petition. I'm just guessing they're doing background checks on that as I have nothing else registered against me.

I will keep praying that we get approved soon. I was hoping to be there end of Nov/Start of Dec so we will see. Just have to keep waiting. I don't think keeping calling will help, I've read else where that they get fed up if you keep chasing them and your paperwork gets buried!

Thanks for the info re the medical and interview, at least I have a rough idea of how long it will take once we get approved!

04/08/2016 - I-129F Sent
04/13/2016 - NOA1
08/08/2016 - NOA2
08/23/2016 - NVC Receive

7d3ip1.png

Timeline

I have a feeling its taking so long because I have a special guardianship order in place for my niece as my sister was killed 8 years ago. I have a leave to remove order in place though, which I sent in with my petition. I'm just guessing they're doing background checks on that as I have nothing else registered against me.

I will keep praying that we get approved soon. I was hoping to be there end of Nov/Start of Dec so we will see. Just have to keep waiting. I don't think keeping calling will help, I've read else where that they get fed up if you keep chasing them and your paperwork gets buried!

Thanks for the info re the medical and interview, at least I have a rough idea of how long it will take once we get approved!

Oh okay I understand. Best of luck to you anyways and hope that you'll get to the US according to your plans <3

Shana, every time I see that you have posted I am hoping it is to report that you have received your NOA2!!

I have spent a lot of time looking at timelines, and I think as long as you are staying ahead of the game and are ready for the next steps you can expect about 2 months between your NOA2 and your interview for London. If you are diligent and keep checking for earlier interview dates it could be less than 2 months!

I really hope that you get your news soon and that you can go through with your original plan!

K1 PROCESS-

4/13/16: I-129F sent to Lockbox

4/14/16: USCIS Receipt Date

4/19/16: NOA 1 text/ email; case sent to CSC

7/14/16: NOA 2 text/ email & Post Decision Activity Email

7/29/16: NVC Received Case

8/01/16: NVC assigned case number

8/08/16: Medical Interview

8/23/16: Consulate Interview

9/05/16: Visa Delivered

9/06/16: POE

AOS PROCESS-

9/17/16: AOS/ EAD/ AP Paperwork Sent

9/21/16: NOA 1 texts/ emails

9/26/16: NOA 1 hard copies

10/11/16: Biometrics Walk-In

10/12/16: RFIE Received (for AOS)

10/19/16: RFIE Response Sent

11/17/16: EAD/ AP Approved

11/25/16: EAD/ AP Received

Timeline

interview date changed Aug 9th.... moves everything up.... :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

NVC 29 DAYS

NVC in TRANSIT JULY 21

MEDICAL AUG 2

CFO AUG 4...... 9am

Interview AUG 9 APPROVED

VISA ISSUED Aug 15

Timeline

No, you do not need to wait until it says "READY". Ours was in transit when we paid. Priority date is for a different type of visa, I found on VJ that most others use NOA1 date, so I did the same.

Yes, Case ID is NVC #. I forget what I put for State, probably just put her province in there.

Look around this site for helpful info: http://dennyeyberg.wix.com/filipino-am-visa#!scheduling-the-interview/c23ij

Do I need to wait till my NVC case status changes to READY on CEAC website before I can pay the visa fee at Bank of Philippine Islands (BPI)?

Also, I went to US Travel Docs apply for a US visa website, then to the Schedule Your Interview Appointment Online link, But i'm confused about a couple of the questions, can someone explain?

Priority Date: what is a priority date and where can i find it?

Case ID: is this the NVC case number?

Address:

City:

State: Philippines has states!?? who knew!?

Postal Code:

Schedule_interview.jpg

AOS

11.23.16 - AOS/EAD/AP Filed

12.12.16 - NOA1 Email

01.09.17 - Biometrics Appt

03.16.17 - EAD Approved/Card Being Produced

03.29.17 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card

04.21.17 - Green Card Received

ROC

02.01.19 - Filed

02.27.19 - NOA

April?       - Biometrics

01.15.20 - Approved/Card Being Produced

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.