ckibs

April 2016 AOS Filers

2,674 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

@Nybliss - I have exactly the same situation and received my EAD approval notice yesterday with my status stating "Card has been mailed to you". Did your status update when USPS picked up your card?

Adjustment of Status Process

03/28/2016: Sent AOS Package + EAD Application to Chicago Lockbox by FedEx Courier (Day 0)

04/02/2016: Fedex Tracking indicates package received and signed for (Day 5)

04/07/2016: Received by Chicago Lockbox (three texts and emails received) (Day 10)

04/11/2016: Three NOA1's received in the mail (Day 14)

04/29/2016: Received Biometric Appointment Letter for 12th May (Day 32)

05/05/2016: Early biometrics walkin at USCIS Wichita (Day 38)

05/11/2016: Case is Ready to be scheduled for an interview (Day 44)

05/12/2016: Submitted EAD Expedite Request (Day 45)

05/23/2016: EAD Expedite Request assigned to officer for response (Day 56)

06/01/2016: EAD Approved - two emails received - Post Activity now on EAD (Day 65)

06/05/2016: EAD Card has been mailed (Day 69)

06/07/2016: EAD Received in the mail (Day 71)

09/07/2016: AOS Interview - approved!!!

09/14/2016: Green Card received in the mail

Removal of Conditions of AOS

- Package to be sent on 06/07/2018

Filed: Other Country: Ireland
Timeline

no it only updated when the card was actually delivered.

It went from card was mailed, to card was delivered.

Our visa journey

03/27/16- file rec in Chicago

04/04/16- check cashed

04/08/16- hard copies (4) received in mail

04/15/16- biometrics letter received

04/29/16- biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I don't know exactly why someone here got told that their RFE wasn't connected to the EAD delay, but I think it must be a different case than yours.

Here's the link I found on the USCIS website about it.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/tip-sheet-employment-authorization-applications-pending-more-75-days

It says that if you get a request for initial evidence on the main application (AOS) then it will affect the EAD clock.

I think swizzle9 was referring to my post a couple of days ago. The Tier 2 was a 100% positive about the fact that I-485 and I-765 are processed separately. I also mentioned the Tip Sheet (your link) and he repeated again that they are processed separately and my RFIE on I-485 doesn't impact I-765 at all. But it might just be my case and not a general thing...

Moreover, when read carefully:

• For example, if your eligibility for employment authorization is based on a pending Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, and USCIS issues a request for initial evidence pertaining to your Form I-485, the clock for your Form I-765 will stop when USCIS issues the request for evidence and restart when USCIS receives the requested information.

It just states that the clock will stop and restart when USCIS receives the requested information. Legally, it just gives them more time to process before you're allowed to file a Service Request upon the 75 days limit. It doesn't say that they stop working on the I-765 while waiting for RFIE I-485 response, so anything is possible I guess...

My RFIE delayed I-485 by 2 weeks exactly. So we'll see if i'll effectively get my EAD/AP end of June (as estimated by VJ) or later on July. If the later then RFIE does delay your EAD.

:clock:

AOS journey

04/15/2016 - AOS, EAD, AP packet sent off

04/20/2016 - Packet delivered to Chicago lock box

04/26/2016 - Text messages case received with receipt # [Day 5 since received date]

05/04/2016 - 3 NOA hard copies received [Day 13]

05/14/2016 - Biometrics Appointment letter received (appointment for 05/24/2016) [Day 23]

05/16/2016 - Early walk-in biometrics taken [Day 25]

05/23/2016 - Case status for AOS start working - RFIE on its way [Day 32]

05/28/2016 - Received RFIE hard copy [Day 37]

06/03/2016 - RFIE response sent off Express mail [Day 43]

06/06/2016 - Email RFIE response received [Day 46]

Day 75 since received date: 07/05/2016

07/08/2016 - SR for approaching regulatory timeframe [Day 78]

Expect a reply to SR by 07/30/2016

Day 90 since received date: 07/20/2016

I think swizzle9 was referring to my post a couple of days ago. The Tier 2 was a 100% positive about the fact that I-485 and I-765 are processed separately. I also mentioned the Tip Sheet (your link) and he repeated again that they are processed separately and my RFIE on I-485 doesn't impact I-765 at all. But it might just be my case and not a general thing...

• For example, if your eligibility for employment authorization is based on a pending Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, and USCIS issues a request for initial evidence pertaining to your Form I-485, the clock for your Form I-765 will stop when USCIS issues the request for evidence and restart when USCIS receives the requested information.

It just states that the clock will stop and restart when USCIS receives the requested information. Legally, it just gives them more time to process before you're allowed to file a Service Request upon the 75 days limit. It doesn't say that they stop working on the I-765 while waiting for RFIE I-485 response, so anything is possible I guess...

My RFIE delayed I-485 by 2 weeks exactly. So we'll see if i'll effectively get my EAD/AP end of June (as estimated by VJ) or later on July. If the later then RFIE does delay your EAD.

I was referring to your post but I was also told them same information as you, that the two are separate, when I spoke with them before on the phone.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

I was referring to your post but I was also told them same information as you, that the two are separate, when I spoke with them before on the phone.

It is in all our best interest that the RFIE for the AOS doesn't affect the time of the EAD, but at this point I don't know what to believe. While I've never talked to a tier 2 (btw, how do I request to do that?), it seems that USCIS is worthless. I went to an infopass the other day with my problem (RFIE) and they couldn't answer any of my questions. Her guess was as good as mine and I had to make her read the letter multiple times because she kept reading it wrong...

Hi guys, I just been reading this thread and I felt like I want to be in this community. Im an April AOS 2016 filer too. Here is my info, as on the timeline, right now I am waiting for my EAD/AP approval, hopefully it should come soon this week or next week. It is true, patience to wait is the key, or else we'all go nuts!

Hello Angela Simmons, we have the exact timeline, golly! did you apply for EAD? have you received an update? Hope all is well. Cheers

Hi there - I did apply for EAD but haven't heard anything yet. I think most of the people receiving their EAD now expedited the request but I think we should hear something in the next few weeks.

AOS Packet Mailed to Chicago Lockbox: 04/07/16

AOS Receipt Date: 04/11/16 (Day 1)

AOS NOA1 Hard Copy Received: 04/22/16 (Day 12)

Biometrics Letter Received: 04/29/16 (Day 19)

Biometrics Appointment Complete: 05/10/16 (Day 30)

Case Status Updated to 'Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview': 05/23/16 (Day 43)

EAD approved: 07/12/16 (Day 93)

Applied for AP: 08/17/16

Visited local Congressman Office: 08/19/2016

AP NOA1 Hard Copy Received: 08/25/2016

AP Status Updated to 'Advance Parole Document Was Produced': 09/06/2016

Case Status Updated to 'Interview is Scheduled': 12/31/16 (Day 265)

Interview Date: 02/01/17 (Day 297)

Case Status Updated to 'Case was Approved': 02/02/17 (Day 298)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Anyone else living with their in-laws since you got married? I feel like getting EAD approval will be my path out of here!

Met - Jan 2013

Began dating - Feb 2013

Engaged - June 2015

~~~

I-129F Sent - 07/31/15

I-129F Delivered - 08/13/15

NOA1 - 08/15/15

NOA1 Hardcopy - 08/25/15

NOA2 - 08/28/15

NOA2 Hardcopy - 09/09/15

Packet 3 - 10/08/15

Packet 4/Received Interview Date - 10/13/15

Medical - 11/06/15

Interview - 11/20/15

Visa Issued - 11/24/15

~~~

Entry - 01/15/16

Married - 02/13/16

I-485/I-765/I-131 Sent - 03/30/16

AOS Package Received - 04/04/16

NOA1 - 04/07/16

Biometrics - 05/11/16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

It is in all our best interest that the RFIE for the AOS doesn't affect the time of the EAD, but at this point I don't know what to believe. While I've never talked to a tier 2 (btw, how do I request to do that?), it seems that USCIS is worthless. I went to an infopass the other day with my problem (RFIE) and they couldn't answer any of my questions. Her guess was as good as mine and I had to make her read the letter multiple times because she kept reading it wrong...

When called I got a 1st person to whom i explained my case (that i called a 1st time, that i've been directed to the field agency for an infopass, that the agent who received me for the infopass didn't help much and redirected me to the national center, so I am back at square 1). He felt for me but couldn't do anything, so he transferred me to tier 2 who has access to my case and hopefully an more precise informations about the RFIE.

Note that when i was transferred no one was available (waiting estimated to be 51 min) and they set a callback. Had to wait for 2 hours before they actually call be back.

Hang on!

AOS journey

04/15/2016 - AOS, EAD, AP packet sent off

04/20/2016 - Packet delivered to Chicago lock box

04/26/2016 - Text messages case received with receipt # [Day 5 since received date]

05/04/2016 - 3 NOA hard copies received [Day 13]

05/14/2016 - Biometrics Appointment letter received (appointment for 05/24/2016) [Day 23]

05/16/2016 - Early walk-in biometrics taken [Day 25]

05/23/2016 - Case status for AOS start working - RFIE on its way [Day 32]

05/28/2016 - Received RFIE hard copy [Day 37]

06/03/2016 - RFIE response sent off Express mail [Day 43]

06/06/2016 - Email RFIE response received [Day 46]

Day 75 since received date: 07/05/2016

07/08/2016 - SR for approaching regulatory timeframe [Day 78]

Expect a reply to SR by 07/30/2016

Day 90 since received date: 07/20/2016

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Havent receive EAD yet and status case havent change..Im worrying that my k1 visa expired already this june.Is it going to affect my AOS apply? ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Havent receive EAD yet and status case havent change..Im worrying that my k1 visa expired already this june.Is it going to affect my AOS apply? ?

Your k1 expires at port of entry it's only good at allowing you entrance into the country... The date on the visa gives you a 6month window to enter the country that's all that date means... Once entering the country that's when the 90days starts ticking for you to get married Aslong as you married within them 90days everything is fine

April 8th: AOS sent

April 11th: Recieved at Chicago lockbox [Day 0]

April 25th: NOA1 date (never recieved e-notifications) [Day 14]

April 29th: NOA1 hard copy recieved in the mail [Day 18]

May 9th: "Fingerprint fee recieved" [Day 28]

May 12th: Reciept number's start working on USCIS case status website [Day 31]

May 20th: Biometrics letter recieved [Day 39]

June 1st: Biometric appointment [Day 51]

​November 12th: Interview letter received ​[Day 216]

December 1st: Interview day! APPROVED [Day 235]

December 5th: Case status changed from "fingerprint fee received" to "Approved" post dated Dec 1st [Day 239]

Received approval letter in the mail for Green card [Day 239]

December 6th: "Card was mailed to me" [Day 240]

December 8th: Green card received in mail!!! [day 242]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ohh thats good i thought we need to settle all already before the visa expired.coz my visa expired june2 and then after biometrics no update yet and im thinking if its going to be a problem..Thank you?

Timeline

Ohh thats good i thought we need to settle all already before the visa expired.coz my visa expired june2 and then after biometrics no update yet and im thinking if its going to be a problem..Thank you?

Yeah, as long as you marry and file for AOS withing the 90 days of entry, you are fine. That allows you to stay until your Green Card is approved or denied. What you should carry with you to prove that you are allowed to stay is: your passport, your I-94 and your NOA saying that the Adjustment of Status has been received and is being processed.

Timeline

When called I got a 1st person to whom i explained my case (that i called a 1st time, that i've been directed to the field agency for an infopass, that the agent who received me for the infopass didn't help much and redirected me to the national center, so I am back at square 1). He felt for me but couldn't do anything, so he transferred me to tier 2 who has access to my case and hopefully an more precise informations about the RFIE.

Note that when i was transferred no one was available (waiting estimated to be 51 min) and they set a callback. Had to wait for 2 hours before they actually call be back.

Hang on!

thank you! I'll call friday so I can use my husband's phone, lol. at least 50 minutes is what I'm used to dealing with when I call them and I don't have unlimited minutes on my phone hahaha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.