ckibs

April 2016 AOS Filers

2,674 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Nah, surprisingly I am very calm this time, its not like with K-1 visa, when I checked e-mails and made so many calls! So much stress it was!

Now I am in US with my husband, so whatever. If it takes time, it takes time, so just another waiting!

Lets relax and enjoy last months of doing nothing, haha :)

OK, so they don't have any predjudices about belarussians, it's just me...

Congratulations! :)

AOS EAD

5/5/2016 - sent docs to Chicago, AGAIN (i-485, i-130, i-765, i-864) [Day 0] 5/16/2016 - NOA [Day 11]

5/6/2016 - delivered and signed up for by R Mercado [Day 1] 7/20/2016 - called to submit a service request for my EAD. [Day 76]
5/12/2016 - checks cashed [Day 7] 7/28/2016 - case numbers for i-130 and i-765 started working to say case was received on May 6 [Day 84]

5/16/2016 - got 3 NOAs in the mail, dated May 12, priority date is 7/29/2016 - case status of I-765 is "New Card Is Being Produced", later in the evening - "Case Was Approved" [Day 85]

May 6 (haven't received any emails or texts) [Day 11] 8/1/2016 - received answer for the service request "your case is under review" [Day 89]

6/10/2016 - got biometrics letter in the mail, notice date is June 4, 2016, which 8/1/2016 - received answer for the service request "your case is under review" [Day 89]

is day 30 from when they picked up the package [Day 36] 8/2/2016 - case status of I-765 is "The Card was Mailed to you" [Day 90]

6/21/2016 - Biometrics walk-in in Philadelphia [Day 47] 8/4/2016 - received I-797 Notice of Action for approved I-765 [Day 92]

6/22/2016 - Scheduled Biometrics Appointment [Day 48] 8/5/2016 - EAD in mail [Day 93]

6/30/2016 - online case status started working "case is ready to be scheduled

for the interview" [Day 56]

8/9/2016 - Interview is Scheduled [Day 97]

9/14/2016 - Interview Day [Day 133]

Received biometrics appointment letter today!!!!! Scheduled for 10th May at 9am in NY

AOS Packet Mailed to Chicago Lockbox: 04/07/16

AOS Receipt Date: 04/11/16 (Day 1)

AOS NOA1 Hard Copy Received: 04/22/16 (Day 12)

Biometrics Letter Received: 04/29/16 (Day 19)

Biometrics Appointment Complete: 05/10/16 (Day 30)

Case Status Updated to 'Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview': 05/23/16 (Day 43)

EAD approved: 07/12/16 (Day 93)

Applied for AP: 08/17/16

Visited local Congressman Office: 08/19/2016

AP NOA1 Hard Copy Received: 08/25/2016

AP Status Updated to 'Advance Parole Document Was Produced': 09/06/2016

Case Status Updated to 'Interview is Scheduled': 12/31/16 (Day 265)

Interview Date: 02/01/17 (Day 297)

Case Status Updated to 'Case was Approved': 02/02/17 (Day 298)

OK, so they don't have any predjudices about belarussians, it's just me...

Congratulations! :)

Seems like they don't.

Sorry about your wait! You should get it soon!

Edited by Maryna and Justin

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Seems like they don't.

Sorry about your wait! You should get it soon!

I'm just kidding :)

I'm really happy that your case is moving that fast, tak derjat' (didn't know how to say that in English haha)

:)

AOS EAD

5/5/2016 - sent docs to Chicago, AGAIN (i-485, i-130, i-765, i-864) [Day 0] 5/16/2016 - NOA [Day 11]

5/6/2016 - delivered and signed up for by R Mercado [Day 1] 7/20/2016 - called to submit a service request for my EAD. [Day 76]
5/12/2016 - checks cashed [Day 7] 7/28/2016 - case numbers for i-130 and i-765 started working to say case was received on May 6 [Day 84]

5/16/2016 - got 3 NOAs in the mail, dated May 12, priority date is 7/29/2016 - case status of I-765 is "New Card Is Being Produced", later in the evening - "Case Was Approved" [Day 85]

May 6 (haven't received any emails or texts) [Day 11] 8/1/2016 - received answer for the service request "your case is under review" [Day 89]

6/10/2016 - got biometrics letter in the mail, notice date is June 4, 2016, which 8/1/2016 - received answer for the service request "your case is under review" [Day 89]

is day 30 from when they picked up the package [Day 36] 8/2/2016 - case status of I-765 is "The Card was Mailed to you" [Day 90]

6/21/2016 - Biometrics walk-in in Philadelphia [Day 47] 8/4/2016 - received I-797 Notice of Action for approved I-765 [Day 92]

6/22/2016 - Scheduled Biometrics Appointment [Day 48] 8/5/2016 - EAD in mail [Day 93]

6/30/2016 - online case status started working "case is ready to be scheduled

for the interview" [Day 56]

8/9/2016 - Interview is Scheduled [Day 97]

9/14/2016 - Interview Day [Day 133]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Nah, surprisingly I am very calm this time, its not like with K-1 visa, when I checked e-mails and made so many calls! So much stress it was!

Now I am in US with my husband, so whatever. If it takes time, it takes time, so just another waiting!

Lets relax and enjoy last months of doing nothing, haha :)

I'm completely relaxed about this now that I have receipts feel like a massive weight has been lifted... I'm not too concerned aboutthe waiting time for my bios appointment... Only thing I'm be checking up on is my EAD I need me ead so I can get my ssn so I can get a new ID cause right other than mail that states me address my ID (passport from the UK) doesn't match them documents.. My lawyer stressed how important that it is to get my ssn to get my state ID BEFORE my interview so the officer doesn't nit pick Edited by Moslund

April 8th: AOS sent

April 11th: Recieved at Chicago lockbox [Day 0]

April 25th: NOA1 date (never recieved e-notifications) [Day 14]

April 29th: NOA1 hard copy recieved in the mail [Day 18]

May 9th: "Fingerprint fee recieved" [Day 28]

May 12th: Reciept number's start working on USCIS case status website [Day 31]

May 20th: Biometrics letter recieved [Day 39]

June 1st: Biometric appointment [Day 51]

​November 12th: Interview letter received ​[Day 216]

December 1st: Interview day! APPROVED [Day 235]

December 5th: Case status changed from "fingerprint fee received" to "Approved" post dated Dec 1st [Day 239]

Received approval letter in the mail for Green card [Day 239]

December 6th: "Card was mailed to me" [Day 240]

December 8th: Green card received in mail!!! [day 242]

I'm just kidding :)

I'm really happy that your case is moving that fast, tak derjat' (didn't know how to say that in English haha)

:)

Spasibo!

I'm completely relaxed about this now that I have receipts feel like a massive weight has been lifted... I'm not too concerned aboutthe waiting time for my bios appointment... Only thing I'm be checking up on is my EAD I need me ead so I can get my ssn so I can get a new ID cause right other than mail that states me address my ID (passport from the UK) doesn't match them documents.. My lawyer stressed how important that it is to get my ssn to get my state ID BEFORE my interview so the officer doesn't nit pick

Yeah, I would like to get EAD asap, I need to work and make money, haha))

You didn't get your SSN yet? I got it just after I arrived in the US. I will have to change it though, as the last name is different, but at least I have a number. You need it for medical, joint bank, etc!! Why don't you get one now?

Filed: Timeline

Lots of chilled out people today, I say we check again in about 3 months and see if we are all so relaxed by then haha.

I wonder what the record is for fastest case through an AOS process ....(and the longest)

Anyone know of cases they have heard of?

Little game to pass the time whilst waiting..

Timeline

Spasibo!

Yeah, I would like to get EAD asap, I need to work and make money, haha))

You didn't get your SSN yet? I got it just after I arrived in the US. I will have to change it though, as the last name is different, but at least I have a number. You need it for medical, joint bank, etc!! Why don't you get one now?

Me and my husband were enjoying life finally being together and missed the window To Apple... The cut off window is 14days before your 1-94 expires I went 7days before and got denied cause of that reason... And you don't need an ssn to get on joint accounts... I filed for an ITIN (individual tax identification number) which allows me to file taxes to open up credit cards bank accounts all that BUT it doesn't allow you to get state ID or a drivers license... For medical you don't even need an ssn or ITIN my husband added me to his health plan after we got married (2weeks after entering the country) which was before I got my ITIN

ITINs only serve purpose for financials nothing else... Once I do get an ssn I need to then go back to IRS and inform them that I got an ssn and that I no longer need my ITIN

Edited by Moslund

December 5th: Case status changed from "fingerprint fee received" to "Approved" post dated Dec 1st [Day 239]

Lots of chilled out people today, I say we check again in about 3 months and see if we are all so relaxed by then haha.

I wonder what the record is for fastest case through an AOS process ....(and the longest)

Anyone know of cases they have heard of?

Little game to pass the time whilst waiting..

Not me. I'm pissed. Didn't get my letter.. I was so positive, after seeing everyone getting letters....

This sucks, i just want to go home. I haven't seen my family in 1.5 years :(

april 1st: sent i-485 to chicago lockbox

april 4th: i-485 delivered to chicago lockbox

april 7th: "biometrics fee received and accepted"

april 10th: email notification of acceptance and routing to NBC for processing

april 11th: hardcopy i-797C in mail (notice date april 8th)

april 30th: received biometrics letter for: may 11th @ 9am

june 2nd: received interview letter for: july 6th @ 11.10am

july 6th: Interview day---no decision was made

july 13th: sent e-mail to congressman, asking for an inquiry on my case.

Me and my husband were enjoying life finally being together and missed the window To Apple... The cut off window is 14days before your 1-94 expires I went 7days before and got denied cause of that reason... And you don't need an ssn to get on joint accounts... I filed for an ITIN (individual tax identification number) which allows me to file taxes to open up credit cards bank accounts all that BUT it doesn't allow you to get state ID or a drivers license... For medical you don't even need an ssn or ITIN my husband added me to his health plan after we got married (2weeks after entering the country) which was before I got my ITIN

Oh, thats interesting! Because I needed SSN for both, medical and bank)) AH, whatever!

At least you didn't have any problems with that. So lets just be patient and we will get it all!

I am positive!

Timeline

Oh, thats interesting! Because I needed SSN for both, medical and bank)) AH, whatever!

At least you didn't have any problems with that. So lets just be patient and we will get it all!

I am positive!

Banks ask for SSNs so does credit cards and medical but if you read the ITIN that can be used in the ssn box as long as it financial related... When I went to get put on the bank account the bank told me that if you don't have an ssn you can get an ITIN which serves the same purpose by who in the US doesn't have an ssn almost everyone has 1 that's why they require it but they do accept ITIN as a replacement... ITINs are only for people who aren't eligible for SSNs Edited by Moslund

Not me. I'm pissed. Didn't get my letter.. I was so positive, after seeing everyone getting letters....

This sucks, i just want to go home. I haven't seen my family in 1.5 years :(

Aahh you mean the bio letter.. Well you do know that once you receive it you can make up some of the time by attempting a walk in... Depends on how close the office is to you I guess. Plus have an excuse ready if they ask but most seem to be fairly accommodating just as long as it's not too busy.

Aahh you mean the bio letter.. Well you do know that once you receive it you can make up some of the time by attempting a walk in... Depends on how close the office is to you I guess. Plus have an excuse ready if they ask but most seem to be fairly accommodating just as long as it's not too busy.

Yes, i want to try to do that. As long as i get the letter before the 12th. The office is two hours away from me, so as soon as i get the letter i will call them and ask if i can come in as a "walker" ;)

My husband took leave from the 12th , so we can attempt his little brothers graduation. We have to drive there -16 hours, with two little kids -. His entire family will be there, which he hasnt seen in three years..

The office is in montana, no one lives in montana and so the office is never busy. Technically it shouldnt be a problem!!

april 1st: sent i-485 to chicago lockbox

april 4th: i-485 delivered to chicago lockbox

april 7th: "biometrics fee received and accepted"

april 10th: email notification of acceptance and routing to NBC for processing

april 11th: hardcopy i-797C in mail (notice date april 8th)

april 30th: received biometrics letter for: may 11th @ 9am

june 2nd: received interview letter for: july 6th @ 11.10am

july 6th: Interview day---no decision was made

july 13th: sent e-mail to congressman, asking for an inquiry on my case.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Do you get the EAD before biometrics as I see it MSC is on schedule with processing EAD and travel documents , the processing time is 3 months

What could be the reason you need walk in early? And how early is reasonable? I have my appointment on 10th May, but if I show up on Monday is that fine? Would it speed up your case if you were to just show up?

AOS Packet Mailed to Chicago Lockbox: 04/07/16

AOS Receipt Date: 04/11/16 (Day 1)

AOS NOA1 Hard Copy Received: 04/22/16 (Day 12)

Biometrics Letter Received: 04/29/16 (Day 19)

Biometrics Appointment Complete: 05/10/16 (Day 30)

Case Status Updated to 'Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview': 05/23/16 (Day 43)

EAD approved: 07/12/16 (Day 93)

Applied for AP: 08/17/16

Visited local Congressman Office: 08/19/2016

AP NOA1 Hard Copy Received: 08/25/2016

AP Status Updated to 'Advance Parole Document Was Produced': 09/06/2016

Case Status Updated to 'Interview is Scheduled': 12/31/16 (Day 265)

Interview Date: 02/01/17 (Day 297)

Case Status Updated to 'Case was Approved': 02/02/17 (Day 298)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.