ckibs

April 2016 AOS Filers

2,674 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello Folks,

So i have an update. After getting the weird status for my Advance Parole Application, i called USCIS and like i said in my previous post, the customer service representative requested a call back from Tier 2. However, couple of hours later both of my case status changed to "Approved" so i am glad they fixed it.

I guess they would be mailing the EAD/AP combo card soon. Hence my 5 month vacation has come to an end. Will start looking for jobs now and hopefully i can also get my green card soon as well so that i can visit my family.

Finally i guess it was the SR#1 that helped get the progress on our case. Good luck for the rest of the folks.

Kind regards,

ConiMoni

Edited by ConiMoni

ConiMoni

Hey guys,

I want to share with you some details of my trip to the USCIS office in San Francisco. I made the InfoPass appointment a couple of weeks ago to inquire about the status of the EAD and the AP, whose receipt numbers never worked online. I was gonna cancel the appointment when the EAD's receipt number started to work (not the AP though) this past weekend stating that the card is being produced, but I thought I would just go anyways and inquire about the case in general since it would require another 2 weeks should I need to make another appointment.

These are the questions I asked:

1. Why is the EAD's receipt number working online but not the AP?

- She was surprised that it wasn't working. She tried it herself and it didn't work on her computer. She kept going about how they usually are processed together and they might not be in this case. She wasn't very confident or clear in her answers. She had to go in the back to check. She came back like 5 minutes after and said that they have another system where they can check and she confirmed that it's approved. Right after I got home, the status changed for both the EAD and the AP to "Case Was Approved".

2. If the interview is scheduled one year after the medical exam was done, will I need another one?

- She said that it should be fine and that the medical exam is not only good for one year. Not very confident in her answers again. She kinda hinted that it depends on the immigration officer.

3. Is the background check cleared?

- She said that it should be since they're ready to schedule the interview.

4. How likely will we get an interview waiver since the AOS is based on K-1?

- She said not likely since the AOS status says "Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview".

5. When should we expect to be scheduled?

- Given the processing times, sometime between October and December.

6. If we move to another city, will that delay the interview?

- Not if the city is associated with the San Francisco USCIS office. Yes if it isn't since the case has to be transferred to the corresponding USCIS office! Best to wait until the AOS is done before moving.

7. Is the case assigned to an immigration officer yet?

- Not yet. It's still at service center.

Hope that helps someone with similar issues.

Edited by yna2015

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Wow! your case is quick. Good luck with your interview tomorrow.

I sent a service request on June 24th and just got a email saying that my application is "under review". According to the email I should receive decision or notice of other action shortly... well, I have my interview next week so it is sort of pointless. But good to know that somethings happening :)

Currently on H1B in New York City. Filed for AOS in Apr 2016.
02/05/2016 : Civil ceremony at New York city hall
04/02/2016 : Mailed in the AOS package (130, 485, 131, 765)
04/14/2016 : Chicago office cashed the checks
04/20/2016 : Receipts received by mail
05/09/2016 : Biometric appointment
07/01/2016 : EAD/AP approved
07/09/2016 : EAD/AP combo card received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi all,

After months of not being able to see the status for my EAD/AP today I finally got this message: "On July 19, 2016, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number ..."

I'm so happy! The status for my AP still doesn't show. Has this happened to anyone?

Also, for those of you who have received your EAD... how long did you have to wait to receive the EAD after it was "ordered" to be produced??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I have a quick question. My F-1 visa is expired. Can I travel abroad and return to the U.S. with my EAD/AP combo card?

Avoid unless necessary, do you have an OPT EAD Card then you can. But your expired visa can be a hinder you from getting in even though you have an existing application for GC with USCIS. My advice would be to wait for AP to travel.

25th March'2016- Sent out the application via UPS to Chicago.

29th March'2016- Package received. (day1)

4th April'2016- Received 4 Text SMSs and 4 E-mails from the USCIS notifying my case has been received and routed to National Benefits Center for Processing. (day 6)

5th April'2016- Checks have been cashed. (day 7)

7th April'2016- NOA received in mail . (day 9)

2nd May'2016- Received Biometric Appointment Letter(day 33)

5th May'2016- Walked In 8;30am for early Biometric Appointment( In and out in 12 minutes)(day 36)

12th May'2016- Biometric Appointment Schedule

24th May'2016- Received RFE for Form I864( Tax Returns, Pay Stubs)(day 55)

26th May'2016- Sent out the evidence for RFE (day 57)

1st June'2016- Received notification that the RFE package was received. Case status website updated (day 56)

2nd June'2016- Put in a request for Change in Address for all the 4 applications. Received Confirmation mail the same day(day 57)

6th June'2016- Address change request was completed.(day 61)

11th June'2016- Letter of Address change confirmation was received. (day 66)

23rd June'2016- Called USCIS asked to spoke a Tier 2 officer was called back on the third attempt after 8 hours and spoke about confirmation of address change. (day 78)

24th June'2016- Status change for EAD only "New Card is being produced" (day 79)

29th June'2016- Card was mailed to me at the mentioned date(day 84)

2nd July'2016- Card received in mail (day 87)

9th August'2016- Interview scheduled for September 13th(day 125)

16th August'2016- Interview cancelled.(day 132)

13th September'2016- Attended the interview and was told my file wasn't available at the local office. (Day 163 )

29th October'2016- Rescheduled the interview for December 1st. (Day 209)

1st December'2016- Judgement Day RELOADED!(Day241)

2nd December'2016- New card is being produced!(Day 242)

6th December'2016- STATUS CHANGED TO NEW CARD HAS BEEN MAILED. (Day 246)

8th December'2016- Received USPS tracking code to track my GC. Scheduled for delivery on 14th December'16.

:goofy: :goofy: 9th December'2016- Received the Green Card in Mail. :goofy: :goofy:

Waiting Patiently Waiting- Sending Good Vibes to Everyone!!! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello guys, please, someone here also got RFE almost on the same day as me and we sent the respond back on the same day.. who was it?

I'm just wondering if the person got a notification or the online status got changed?

I just sent a service request, so we will see if that helps - anyone has tried that on their website?

Thanks!

Our RFE dates are pretty close if not the same day, I read it somewhere that a service request can be placed once 60 days are completed after the RFE response has been received by USCIS. I am assuming you are way past that date. Let me know how it goes for you... Also I see a pattern in most people getting interviews scheduled 35-45 days after receiving their EAD cards. I could be wrong....

25th March'2016- Sent out the application via UPS to Chicago.

29th March'2016- Package received. (day1)

4th April'2016- Received 4 Text SMSs and 4 E-mails from the USCIS notifying my case has been received and routed to National Benefits Center for Processing. (day 6)

5th April'2016- Checks have been cashed. (day 7)

7th April'2016- NOA received in mail . (day 9)

2nd May'2016- Received Biometric Appointment Letter(day 33)

5th May'2016- Walked In 8;30am for early Biometric Appointment( In and out in 12 minutes)(day 36)

12th May'2016- Biometric Appointment Schedule

24th May'2016- Received RFE for Form I864( Tax Returns, Pay Stubs)(day 55)

26th May'2016- Sent out the evidence for RFE (day 57)

1st June'2016- Received notification that the RFE package was received. Case status website updated (day 56)

2nd June'2016- Put in a request for Change in Address for all the 4 applications. Received Confirmation mail the same day(day 57)

6th June'2016- Address change request was completed.(day 61)

11th June'2016- Letter of Address change confirmation was received. (day 66)

23rd June'2016- Called USCIS asked to spoke a Tier 2 officer was called back on the third attempt after 8 hours and spoke about confirmation of address change. (day 78)

24th June'2016- Status change for EAD only "New Card is being produced" (day 79)

29th June'2016- Card was mailed to me at the mentioned date(day 84)

2nd July'2016- Card received in mail (day 87)

9th August'2016- Interview scheduled for September 13th(day 125)

16th August'2016- Interview cancelled.(day 132)

13th September'2016- Attended the interview and was told my file wasn't available at the local office. (Day 163 )

29th October'2016- Rescheduled the interview for December 1st. (Day 209)

1st December'2016- Judgement Day RELOADED!(Day241)

2nd December'2016- New card is being produced!(Day 242)

6th December'2016- STATUS CHANGED TO NEW CARD HAS BEEN MAILED. (Day 246)

8th December'2016- Received USPS tracking code to track my GC. Scheduled for delivery on 14th December'16.

:goofy: :goofy: 9th December'2016- Received the Green Card in Mail. :goofy: :goofy:

Waiting Patiently Waiting- Sending Good Vibes to Everyone!!! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline

Hi all!

Day 90 here (or day 85 since they received my case)... Just got off the phone with Tier 2 again, since I put a SR for EAD/AP but heard nothing...

According to the representative, my case has been assigned to an officer for final review on 7/13, so he said hopefully it won't be much longer till I hear something from it. Apparently the SR moved things along a bit... But I guess we'll never know if it's really useful or if it's just a matter that we're calling just around the timeframe they start working on our cases...

The time to wait for an interview here in San Francisco is going to be eternal... So I'm really hoping the EAD/AP card will ease my mind a bit.

Glad to hear we're all kind of making progress!

Edited by shrb

K-1 Visa [May - Nov. 2015]

- 05/30/2015: I-129F Package sent
- 11/05/2015: Interview at US Embassy in Montevideo - APPROVED! :D
- 11/10/2015: Visa in hand
- 03/11/2016: POE at SFO
- 04/19/2016: Marriage

AOS [Apr. - Dec. 2016]

- 04/20/2016: Sent AOS package through USPS! [Day 0]

- 04/25/2016: USCIS Receipt Date (as per Notices of Action) [Day 1]

- 04/28/2016: eNotifications for the acceptance of AOS/EAD/AP received [Day 3]
- 05/02 - 05/05: Received NOA Hardcopies for AOS/EAD/AP [Days 7 - 10]
- 06/11/2016: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter [Day 47]
- 06/13/2016: Walk-In Biometrics at ASC San Francisco [Day 49]
- 06/23/2016: AOS Receipt Number is active online: "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"! [Day 59]
- 07/26/2016: EAD Receipt Number is active online: "New card is being produced"!!! [Day 92]
- 07/27/2016: EAD update: "Case was approved"! AP Receipt Number is active online: "Case was approved"! [Day 93]
- 08/02/2016: EAD/AP Combo Card received! [Day 99]
- 10/20/2016: Interview is scheduled for 11/21! [Day 178]

- 11/21/2016: Interview at San Francisco's USCIS office. Case being held for review [Day 210]

- 11/23/2016: AOS updates: "New card is being produced" / "Case was approved"! [Day 212]

- 12/01/2016: Received GC!!! [Day 220]

ROC [Oct. 2018 - Nov. 2020]

N400 [Aug. 2019 - Nov. 2020] *US Citizen*!

Hey guys,

I want to share with you some details of my trip to the USCIS office in San Francisco. I made the InfoPass appointment a couple of weeks ago to inquire about the status of the EAD and the AP, whose receipt numbers never worked online. I was gonna cancel the appointment when the EAD's receipt number started to work (not the AP though) this past weekend stating that the card is being produced, but I thought I would just go anyways and inquire about the case in general since it would require another 2 weeks should I need to make another appointment.

- She was surprised that it wasn't working. She tried it herself and it didn't work on her computer. She kept going about how they usually are processed together and they might not be in this case. She wasn't very confident or clear in her answers. She had to go in the back to check. She came back like 5 minutes after and said that they have another system where they can check and she confirmed that it's approved. Right after I got home, the status changed for both the EAD and the AP to "Case Was Approved".

2. If the interview is scheduled one year after the medical exam was done, will I need another one?

- She said that it should be fine and that the medical exam is not only good for one year. Not very confident in her answers again. She kinda hinted that it depends on the immigration officer.

- She said not likely since the AOS status says "Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview".

- Not if the city is associated with the San Francisco USCIS office. Yes if it isn't since the case has to be transferred to the corresponding USCIS office! Best to wait until the AOS is done before moving.

Kinda discouraged now. I was hoping my i485 could still be approved without interview even after having the case status as ready to be scheduled for an interview.

Guess I just have to suck it up and start putting my evidence together for when the date comes

Hey guys,

Wow, thanks for sharing!!!

I haven't had an issue with my case numbers (other than them not being updated since April :bonk: ) But I do appreciate this insight that tells us just a hint about what happens behind the scenes. My case does not say "ready to schedule interview" online yet, but when I called Tier 2 they said it was. I'm still hoping for no interview. Honestly, we are in no rush for the green card. My husband just wants to WORK! $$$

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

omg! We r at the exact same timeline. and my job starts at 25th too!!!!! congrats!

Awesome!! Did you get your EAD card already? I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

Hello people! I finally have internet (albeit a terrible one) and can see that things are surely but slowly moving along for everybody! My EAD hasn't arrive yet but I'm hoping that it'll be here before I start next Monday.

Funny thing happened, yesterday I got two letters in the mail from USCIS acknowledging my SR for change of address. They were literally two separate letters that said the exact same thing. I love how all these little things show how inefficient and uncoordinated USCIS is.

Hope things keep working for all of us!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Woohooo!!!! Finally, my EAD was approved!!!! I hope it'll arrive by next week!!!

Congratulations!!

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 2015-11-12 I-129F NOA1 notice: 2015-11-18 I-129F NOA2 approval: 2015-12-21 I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-12-27

NVC case number-hard copy arrived: 2016-1-21 Case arrived at GUA embassy: 2016-1-19 Packet 3 Email Recceived: 2016-1-27

Medical: 2016-2-3

Interview: 2016-2-26 Approved!

Visa in hand: 2016-3-3

POE: 2016-3-23

Married: 2016-3-25 (L)

AOS

AOS filed and delivered: 2016-4-18

Check cashed by USCIS: 2016-5-4

Text notification received: 2016-5-5

NOA arrived in mail for AOS, EAD, AP: 2016-5-7

Biometrics Appointment: 2016-5-24

Service request created by me since we have not heard anything about EAD: 2016-7-12

Status changed to EAD card being produced: 2016-7-21

Received EAD Card and AP in mail: 2016-7-28

Interview for Green card -  Approved: 2016-9-15

Received Green card: 2016-10-9

Done and in love (L)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Do we get a tracking number for EAD/AP combo card mail?

My EAD/AP got approved on 7/12, and the card was mailed on 7/15.

I called USCIS today to get my tracking number, but the tier 2 office told me a tracking number has not been assigned.

So.....has my card been mailed out or not? So confusing....

04/11/2016: Package Sent (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131)

04/15/2016 (Day 0): Package Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

04/22/2016 (Day 7): Check Cashed

04/22/2016 (Day 7): NOA1 Received by Email and Text

05/14/2016 (Day 29): Biometric Appointment Letter Received

05/27/2016 (Day 42): Biometric Appointment

05/20/2016 (Day 35): Early Biometric Appointment Walk-In

05/30/2016 (Day 45): Case Is Ready For An Interview

07/12/2016 (Day 88): EAD Being Produced

07/12/2016 (Day 88): EAD Approved

07/12/2016 (Day 88): AP Approved

07/15/2016 (Day 91): EAD/AP Card Mailed

08/26/2016 (Day): Interview Scheduled

09/27/2016 (Day): Interview

11/07/2016 (Day): I-130, I-485 Approved

08/09/2018 (Day 0): I-751 Sent Via FedEx

08/10/2018 (Day 1): I-751 Delivered at CSC
09/06/2018 (Day 28): NOA1 Notice Date
09/07/2018 (Day 29): Check Cashed
09/10/2018 (Day 32): NOA1 Received

The only way I track mine was to sign up at USPS Dashboard, after u sign up it will show all mails that has tracking matches your address. After delivery then the tracking number showed up on uscis website.

Do we get a tracking number for EAD/AP combo card mail?

My EAD/AP got approved on 7/12, and the card was mailed on 7/15.

I called USCIS today to get my tracking number, but the tier 2 office told me a tracking number has not been assigned.

So.....has my card been mailed out or not? So confusing....

Edited by GaRaS

N-400:

08/04/2018 - Online Application Completed!

ROC @ CSC:

06/08/2018 - Mailed Application at USPS.

06/09/2018 - Delivered at USPS P.O. Box.

06/25/2018 - Check has been cashed.

06/25/2018 - NOA1 (USPS).

03/08/2019 - Case Txt/Email Notification for activity.

03/08/2019 - Fingerprint Waived.

03/18/2019 - Letter Notification Received for Biometrics waived.

06/03/2019 - Received Biometrics appointment notice  (usps). (notice date 05/24/2019)

06/04/2019 - Sent request to reschedule biometrics appt for 1 day delivery using usps since wife is out of the country.

06/05/2019 - ASC center received request to reschedule biometrics.

07/23/2019 - We ordered your new card online status!

07/24/2019 - Case Approved online status.

07/31/2019 - Received Green Card!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.