April 2016 AOS Filers

2,674 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Good for you! ??

april 1st: sent i-485 to chicago lockbox

april 4th: i-485 delivered to chicago lockbox

april 7th: "biometrics fee received and accepted"

april 10th: email notification of acceptance and routing to NBC for processing

april 11th: hardcopy i-797C in mail (notice date april 8th)

april 30th: received biometrics letter for: may 11th @ 9am

june 2nd: received interview letter for: july 6th @ 11.10am

july 6th: Interview day---no decision was made

july 13th: sent e-mail to congressman, asking for an inquiry on my case.

I guess I'm kinda late to the party but nevertheless I sent off my package (I-130, I-485 w/ EAD & AP) on April 14, arrived on April 18 and now waiting for the check to be cashed.

This is definitely going to be a test of one's patience!

:P

K-1 Journey: 118 Days (L)

Our AOS Journey: 79 Days (L)

Our ROC Journey: 396 Days (L)
APRIL
4/30/2018 - Documents dispatched to California (I-751) [Day 0]

MAY
5/03/2018 - Package received by USCIS [Day 3]

JUNE
6/04/2018 - NOA Notice Date [Day 36]
6/09/2018 - NOA Notice Date [Day 41]

FEBRUARY
2/28/2019 - Previous Biometrics Accepted Letter [Day 304]

MAY
5/21/2019 - Biometrics Appointment [Day 386]
5/23/2019 - New Card Being Produced [Day 388]
5/31/2019 - 10 Yr Green Card Received [Day 396]

Our Naturalization Journey: 

JULY
7/29/2019 - Documents dispatched [Day 0]

AUGUST
8/26/2019 - Biometrics Appointment [Day 28]

OCTOBER
10/03/2019 - Interview Scheduled [Day 66]

:thumbs:

Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Hey guys!

I am planning to send my package on Thursday or Friday this week, but just wanted to ask a question about I-131 Advance Parole.

Did you fill the form edited 01/22/16, the newer version?

What did you write in Part 4 about purpose and dates of visit and did you also add an additional page with explanations (as in Part 7) or just left it blank or "unknown"?

Seems confusing as the guide says we don't need to fill this part, but the newer version is a bit different. I just don't want to get an RFE.

Please, advise!! :)

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The newer version is advisable . Give an estimated date you think you will travel and obviously ir is your home country to visit your family. I gave an estimate of 14 days

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hey guys!

I am planning to send my package on Thursday or Friday this week, but just wanted to ask a question about I-131 Advance Parole.

Did you fill the form edited 01/22/16, the newer version?

What did you write in Part 4 about purpose and dates of visit and did you also add an additional page with explanations (as in Part 7) or just left it blank or "unknown"?

Seems confusing as the guide says we don't need to fill this part, but the newer version is a bit different. I just don't want to get an RFE.

Please, advise!! :)

I wrote the time of travel as "UNKNOWN" and the estimated travel time as "N/A". Others have left it blank and been approved. I also wrote that I was applying for the AP in case of family emergency which is true as I don't plan on visiting my home country till February of next year :)

Our Visa Journey (L) (See our Immigration timeline for a very detailed K-1 and AOS process)

08/17/2015 - I-129F petition/packet sent off
12/17/2015 - Visa Interview in Sweden. We're APPROVED!!!
01/14/2016 - P.O.E. @ Newark International Airport
03/21/2016 - Got married @ town hall
03/22/2016 - AOS, EAD, AP packet sent off
08/03/2016 - Became a Conditional Permanent Resident
05/07/2018 - ROC packet sent off

06/12/2019 - ROC approved (no RFE, no transfer, no interview)

Hi all,

I thought I'd participate in this thread, it's nice to know other people are in this with you. We filed for AOS on 7th April and our checks were cashed yesterday (19th April). Super excited that things are moving along. I don't think we registered to received a text/email receipt but I'm hoping to get the NOA1 in the next few days.

How long do you all think this process will take? My sisters wedding is in October and I have to leave the country for that!!!

AOS Packet Mailed to Chicago Lockbox: 04/07/16

AOS Receipt Date: 04/11/16 (Day 1)

AOS NOA1 Hard Copy Received: 04/22/16 (Day 12)

Biometrics Letter Received: 04/29/16 (Day 19)

Biometrics Appointment Complete: 05/10/16 (Day 30)

Case Status Updated to 'Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview': 05/23/16 (Day 43)

EAD approved: 07/12/16 (Day 93)

Applied for AP: 08/17/16

Visited local Congressman Office: 08/19/2016

AP NOA1 Hard Copy Received: 08/25/2016

AP Status Updated to 'Advance Parole Document Was Produced': 09/06/2016

Case Status Updated to 'Interview is Scheduled': 12/31/16 (Day 265)

Interview Date: 02/01/17 (Day 297)

Case Status Updated to 'Case was Approved': 02/02/17 (Day 298)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi all,

I thought I'd participate in this thread, it's nice to know other people are in this with you. We filed for AOS on 7th April and our checks were cashed yesterday (19th April). Super excited that things are moving along. I don't think we registered to received a text/email receipt but I'm hoping to get the NOA1 in the next few days.

How long do you all think this process will take? My sisters wedding is in October and I have to leave the country for that!!!

My sister wedding is 10th of September I was hoping to be but I'm being super optimistic but don't think it's going to happen for me... Although the my lawyer did file a travel permit just cause we pay for it anyway so we may as well file it he highly advises to NOT use it unless it was a dire family situation like death of an immediate family... Im deviated at the thought I may not make it there but I'm praying... The lawyer told me also once in get your interview and find out if you got your GC or not even tho it can take an additional few weeks to receive it in the mail you can go down to your local immigration office and they will stamp your passport to say you have a green card just not oyshically in hand so you can leave the country if things are down to the wire Edited by Moslund

April 8th: AOS sent

April 11th: Recieved at Chicago lockbox [Day 0]

April 25th: NOA1 date (never recieved e-notifications) [Day 14]

April 29th: NOA1 hard copy recieved in the mail [Day 18]

May 9th: "Fingerprint fee recieved" [Day 28]

May 12th: Reciept number's start working on USCIS case status website [Day 31]

May 20th: Biometrics letter recieved [Day 39]

June 1st: Biometric appointment [Day 51]

​November 12th: Interview letter received ​[Day 216]

December 1st: Interview day! APPROVED [Day 235]

December 5th: Case status changed from "fingerprint fee received" to "Approved" post dated Dec 1st [Day 239]

Received approval letter in the mail for Green card [Day 239]

December 6th: "Card was mailed to me" [Day 240]

December 8th: Green card received in mail!!! [day 242]

My sister wedding is 10th of September I was hoping to be but I'm being super optimistic but don't think it's going to happen for me... Although the my lawyer did file a travel permit just cause we pay for it anyway so we may as well file it he highly advises to NOT use it unless it was a dire family situation like death of an immediate family... Im deviated at the thought I may not make it there but I'm praying... The lawyer told me also once in get your interview and find out if you got your GC or not even tho it can take an additional few weeks to receive it in the mail you can go down to your local immigration office and they will stamp your passport to say you have a green card just not oyshically in hand so you can leave the country if things are down to the wire

I completely understand, being optimistic is the only thing we have right now! We were told by our lawyer that the AP doesn't apply to us so we didn't file. From what I've seen, most other people apply for it and get it approved within a couple of months! Good news that we can get it stamped at a local office. I've also heard that the interviewer sometimes stamps it on the day. The only reason why they wouldn't is if they need to check on your application or they don't have the authority to do it.

AOS Packet Mailed to Chicago Lockbox: 04/07/16

AOS Receipt Date: 04/11/16 (Day 1)

AOS NOA1 Hard Copy Received: 04/22/16 (Day 12)

Biometrics Letter Received: 04/29/16 (Day 19)

Biometrics Appointment Complete: 05/10/16 (Day 30)

Case Status Updated to 'Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview': 05/23/16 (Day 43)

EAD approved: 07/12/16 (Day 93)

Applied for AP: 08/17/16

Visited local Congressman Office: 08/19/2016

AP NOA1 Hard Copy Received: 08/25/2016

AP Status Updated to 'Advance Parole Document Was Produced': 09/06/2016

Case Status Updated to 'Interview is Scheduled': 12/31/16 (Day 265)

Interview Date: 02/01/17 (Day 297)

Case Status Updated to 'Case was Approved': 02/02/17 (Day 298)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I completely understand, being optimistic is the only thing we have right now! We were told by our lawyer that the AP doesn't apply to us so we didn't file. From what I've seen, most other people apply for it and get it approved within a couple of months! Good news that we can get it stamped at a local office. I've also heard that the interviewer sometimes stamps it on the day. The only reason why they wouldn't is if they need to check on your application or they don't have the authority to do it.

We were told if you explain the situation to the interviewer your situation as to why you need it stamped right now they can stamp it but apparently it's down the discretion of the interviewer

April 8th: AOS sent

April 11th: Recieved at Chicago lockbox [Day 0]

April 25th: NOA1 date (never recieved e-notifications) [Day 14]

April 29th: NOA1 hard copy recieved in the mail [Day 18]

May 9th: "Fingerprint fee recieved" [Day 28]

May 12th: Reciept number's start working on USCIS case status website [Day 31]

May 20th: Biometrics letter recieved [Day 39]

June 1st: Biometric appointment [Day 51]

​November 12th: Interview letter received ​[Day 216]

December 1st: Interview day! APPROVED [Day 235]

December 5th: Case status changed from "fingerprint fee received" to "Approved" post dated Dec 1st [Day 239]

Received approval letter in the mail for Green card [Day 239]

December 6th: "Card was mailed to me" [Day 240]

December 8th: Green card received in mail!!! [day 242]

Based on what everyone is saying here , it looks like it takes a week before they respond.

Thank you for the information. I appreciate it a lot!

=)

Edited by CoolStrawberryPie
K-1 Journey: 118 Days (L)

Our AOS Journey: 79 Days (L)

Our ROC Journey: 396 Days (L)
APRIL
4/30/2018 - Documents dispatched to California (I-751) [Day 0]

MAY
5/03/2018 - Package received by USCIS [Day 3]

JUNE
6/04/2018 - NOA Notice Date [Day 36]
6/09/2018 - NOA Notice Date [Day 41]

FEBRUARY
2/28/2019 - Previous Biometrics Accepted Letter [Day 304]

MAY
5/21/2019 - Biometrics Appointment [Day 386]
5/23/2019 - New Card Being Produced [Day 388]
5/31/2019 - 10 Yr Green Card Received [Day 396]

Our Naturalization Journey: 

JULY
7/29/2019 - Documents dispatched [Day 0]

AUGUST
8/26/2019 - Biometrics Appointment [Day 28]

OCTOBER
10/03/2019 - Interview Scheduled [Day 66]

:thumbs:

Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

The newer version is advisable . Give an estimated date you think you will travel and obviously ir is your home country to visit your family. I gave an estimate of 14 days

I wrote the time of travel as "UNKNOWN" and the estimated travel time as "N/A". Others have left it blank and been approved. I also wrote that I was applying for the AP in case of family emergency which is true as I don't plan on visiting my home country till February of next year :)

Thanks guys!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We are part of the March filers, but wanted to say that my husband never received regular hard copies for his EAD/AOS/AP- he got the letter for his biometrics only. One just never knows what is going to happen.

Hi all :)

I've got a quick question :) People keep mentioning that they're waiting for their physical NOA1 in the post despite having gotten the text/emails already. In the immediate term, is there any reason to want the NOA1 after you've gotten the text and emails? Or is this just an excitement?

If it is just an excitement, I can totally understand! I got really excited when I received the physical NOA1 for K1 but it didn't tell me anything new! I just am trying to understand the notification process a bit more for when I file the I-485 documentation next month :) If the NOA1 for the AOS is similar though then presumably, you don't learn any new information from the physical NOA1 than you do from the emails and texts. Or have I misunderstood?

Simon

I made a mistake, :oops: I forgot to write down my wife A# to all of the application I submitted. I guess I will expect my package to be returned.

N-400:

08/04/2018 - Online Application Completed!

ROC @ CSC:

06/08/2018 - Mailed Application at USPS.

06/09/2018 - Delivered at USPS P.O. Box.

06/25/2018 - Check has been cashed.

06/25/2018 - NOA1 (USPS).

03/08/2019 - Case Txt/Email Notification for activity.

03/08/2019 - Fingerprint Waived.

03/18/2019 - Letter Notification Received for Biometrics waived.

06/03/2019 - Received Biometrics appointment notice  (usps). (notice date 05/24/2019)

06/04/2019 - Sent request to reschedule biometrics appt for 1 day delivery using usps since wife is out of the country.

06/05/2019 - ASC center received request to reschedule biometrics.

07/23/2019 - We ordered your new card online status!

07/24/2019 - Case Approved online status.

07/31/2019 - Received Green Card!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Any news?

AOS sent - 04/03/2016

AOS rc'd - 04/06/2016

Txt Message - 04/22/2016

NOA Hard Copy - 04/25/2016

Biometric Sched - 05/10/2016

Re-take Biometric - 06/07/2016

RFE on EAD - 06/29/2016 [case status online]

Rc'd RFE letter on mail - 07/05/2016

RFE docs mailed back - 07/05/2016

EAD was APPROVE! - 07/13/2016

EAD Card on hand - 07/19/2016

Card for i-485 is being produced. No interview = 08/26/2016

NOW WAITING FOR I-485

08/04/2016 = RFE

CARD ON HAND!!

SSN

07/25/2016 = Filed...Still waiting til date :(

08/25/2016 - SSN on hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.