ckibs

April 2016 AOS Filers

2,674 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got an email saying my AP was approved today and EAD card is being produced!

ROC Timeline

I-751 package sent------------------June 15, 2018

Received------------------------------June 18, 2018

NOA date-----------------------------June 28, 2018

Biometrics----------------------------June 12, 2019

Approved-----------------------------June 13, 2019

Care Received------------------------????

AOS Timeline

Spoiler

AOS/EAD/AP package sent------------------April 22, 2016

Received--------------------------------------April 25, 2016 [Day 0]

NOA date-------------------------------------April 29, 2016 [Day 4]

Service Request------------------------------May 27, 2016 [Day 32]

Biometrics Letter Received------------------June 11, 2016 [Day 47]

Biometrics Appointment---------------------June 24, 2016 [Day 60]

Service request for EAD/AP-----------------July 8, 2016 [Day 74]

AP approved----------------------------------July 16, 2016 [Day 82]

EAD card being produced--------------------July 16,2016 [Day 82]

EAD card mailed------------------------------July 21, 2016 [Day 87]

EAD/AP combo card received----------------July 25, 2016 [Day 91]

Interview Scheduled-------------------------August 2, 2016[Day 199]

Interview--------------------------------------September 2, 2016 (Approved)

Card received----------------------------------September 26, 2016

K1 Visa Timeline

Spoiler

107 days from I-129F to Approval

I-129F sent------------------Aug 31, 2015

NOA1 (E-notification)-------Sept 4, 2015

NOA2 (E-notification)-------Oct 1, 2015

NVC received-----------------Oct 27, 2015

Consulate received----------Oct 30, 2015

Interview---------------------Dec 15, 2015 - Approved!!

Visa Issued-------------------Dec 30, 2015

Visa Received----------------Jan 4, 2015

POE----------------------------Feb 17, 2016

Wedding----------------------April 9, 2016

Just got an email saying my AP was approved today and EAD card is being produced!

You've got almost the exact same timeline as me. I hope I'm close!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Dear Fellow Visa Journey Members

As mentioned in our previous posts and also in our signature, we have reached the Day: 93 since our cases were received by USCIS and there had been no progress on any of our cases.

Thus in order to avoid any further delays, we had submitted two service requests:

1. The first one was raised for "Case approaching Regulatory Time Frame" on Day 75

2. The second one was raised for "Case beyond Regulatory Timeframe" on Day 91

Based on the link: https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume1-PartA-Chapter8.html it states that both of these Service Requests should be responded within 7 calendar days.

Well it has been 18 days since we submitted our first service request, yet we have not seen or heard any form of response from the relevant authorities.

The disappointing factor is that firstly the I-765 and I-131 were not processed with the federal regulated 90 day time frame and secondly even after following the appropriate procedures implemented by USCIS to open a service request addressing such delays, those requests were not processed either.

Such outcomes begs the questions:

Q1. What form of policy and procedures are being followed to process these cases and service requests?

Q2. How can things be so reckless?

Q3. Is there any oversight on such practises?

With a lot of faith in the system and procedures, we have scheduled an info-pass appointment at the end of this month to seek assistance in getting such delays resolved.

By our info-pass appointment date, we would be at:

1. 106 days since USCIS would have received our cases

2. 031 days since our first service request

3. 015 days since our second service request

We hope that we would at least get to see some progress by then.

Happy weekend folks

Kind regards,

ConiMoni

ConiMoni

Filed: Timeline

As mentioned in our previous posts and also in our signature, we have reached the Day: 93 since our cases were received by USCIS and there had been no progress on any of our cases.

Thus in order to avoid any further delays, we had submitted two service requests:

1. The first one was raised for "Case approaching Regulatory Time Frame" on Day 75

Based on the link: https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume1-PartA-Chapter8.html it states that both of these Service Requests should be responded within 7 calendar days.

Well it has been 18 days since we submitted our first service request, yet we have not seen or heard any form of response from the relevant authorities.

The disappointing factor is that firstly the I-765 and I-131 were not processed with the federal regulated 90 day time frame and secondly even after following the appropriate procedures implemented by USCIS to open a service request addressing such delays, those requests were not processed either.

Q1. What form of policy and procedures are being followed to process these cases and service requests?

With a lot of faith in the system and procedures, we have scheduled an info-pass appointment at the end of this month to seek assistance in getting such delays resolved.

Happy weekend folks

Kind regards,

ConiMoni

I hope you will get some answers and things moving!! If not; ombudsman?

april 1st: sent i-485 to chicago lockbox

april 4th: i-485 delivered to chicago lockbox

april 7th: "biometrics fee received and accepted"

april 10th: email notification of acceptance and routing to NBC for processing

april 11th: hardcopy i-797C in mail (notice date april 8th)

april 30th: received biometrics letter for: may 11th @ 9am

june 2nd: received interview letter for: july 6th @ 11.10am

july 6th: Interview day---no decision was made

july 13th: sent e-mail to congressman, asking for an inquiry on my case.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Happy weekend folks

Kind regards,

ConiMoni

It took them around 25 days to reply to the request that i submitted for my first set of documents. and it was really easy for them to reply to that cause they just wrote: the case was rejected and we see you already submitted the new one. good luck

so practically there's not much you can do about holding them responsible for what they say is going to be a time period for this or that document.

sorry to hear everything is going slow for you

hope your kicks in their back will eventually lead you to getting your docs really soon!

AOS EAD

5/5/2016 - sent docs to Chicago, AGAIN (i-485, i-130, i-765, i-864) [Day 0] 5/16/2016 - NOA [Day 11]

5/6/2016 - delivered and signed up for by R Mercado [Day 1] 7/20/2016 - called to submit a service request for my EAD. [Day 76]
5/12/2016 - checks cashed [Day 7] 7/28/2016 - case numbers for i-130 and i-765 started working to say case was received on May 6 [Day 84]

5/16/2016 - got 3 NOAs in the mail, dated May 12, priority date is 7/29/2016 - case status of I-765 is "New Card Is Being Produced", later in the evening - "Case Was Approved" [Day 85]

May 6 (haven't received any emails or texts) [Day 11] 8/1/2016 - received answer for the service request "your case is under review" [Day 89]

6/10/2016 - got biometrics letter in the mail, notice date is June 4, 2016, which 8/1/2016 - received answer for the service request "your case is under review" [Day 89]

is day 30 from when they picked up the package [Day 36] 8/2/2016 - case status of I-765 is "The Card was Mailed to you" [Day 90]

6/21/2016 - Biometrics walk-in in Philadelphia [Day 47] 8/4/2016 - received I-797 Notice of Action for approved I-765 [Day 92]

6/22/2016 - Scheduled Biometrics Appointment [Day 48] 8/5/2016 - EAD in mail [Day 93]

6/30/2016 - online case status started working "case is ready to be scheduled

for the interview" [Day 56]

8/9/2016 - Interview is Scheduled [Day 97]

9/14/2016 - Interview Day [Day 133]

Hi guys,

I received an email today saying my case on EAD is under review.. How long does it take for them to approved it?

- K1 Visa Timeline -                                                                            - AOS Timeline -

August 25, 2015 - i-129F filed via USPS!                                                                        March 22, 2016 - SSN Application (bring passport and i-94 prinout)

August 27, 2015 - NOA1                                                                                                 March 28, 2016 - SSN Card Received

August 31, 2015 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received                                                                   March 28, 2016 - CIVIL Wedding Ceremony!

September 23, 2015 - RFE Received                                                                              April 12, 2016 - Certified Copy of Marriage Certificate received!

September 27, 2015 - RFE Sent to CSC                                                                         April 18, 2016 - Filed AOS via USPS

October 7, 2015 - NOA2 / our case was approved!!                                                        April 20, 2016 - AOS Delivered!

October 10,2015 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received                                                                 April 26, 2016 - went back to SSA to have my card name changed!

November 12, 2015 - received NVC email that case ready for interview                         April 29, 2016 - received 3 NOAs i-485/i-765/i-131 from the mail! (April 25, 2016 Notice Date)

December 8, 2015 - SLEC Medical but failed on CXR had to do sputum tests!                May 14, 2016 - received mail for Biometrics Appointment Letter (dated May 26, 2016)

December 14,15,16 2015 - went back to SLEC for Sputum Tests!                                   May 26, 2016 - Biometrics done!

December 18, 2015 - Initial sputum tests done! Results are negative                             June 3, 2016 - per case status online i-485 "Ready to schedule for interview"

February 10, 2016 - received email from SLEC sputum tests negative                           July 5, 2016 - 1st SR for EAD (75th day from the received date)

February 17, 2016 - SLEC medical done!!!                                                                       July 16, 2016 - recieved an email EAD case is under review

February 23, 2016 - USEM interview approved! The CO has only 3 questions! LOL        July 22, 2016 - 2nd SR for EAD (92nd day from the received date)

March 4, 2016 - K1 visa packet received!!                                                                      August 2, 2016 - EAD status changed to New Card is being produced

March 8, 2016 - CFO seminar done                                                                               August 3, 2016 - EAD/AP status changed to CASE was APPROVED!

March 19, 2016 - arrived at my POE Los Angeles                                                          August 9, 2016 - EAD/AP combo card received!

September 28, 2016 – Case status changed to “Schedule for interview”

October 28, 2016 – Interview day!
                                                                                                                                     November 2, 2016 – received RFE (IO wants all pages of Form I-693 to be filled out by CS)
                                                                                                                                      November 12, 2016 – RFE response sent!
                                                                                                                                      November 22, 2016 – AOS APPROVED!!

December 2, 2016 – 2 year conditional green card received!

God is Good, All the Time.. :goofy: :rolleyes:

This morning my EAD receipt number worked for the first time. It says my "New Card is Being Produced". Today marks 86 days since the received date, and I haven't submitted any service requests. The AP receipt number still returns a validation error. Coincidentally, it's also my birthday today. :P

This morning my EAD receipt number worked for the first time. It says my "New Card is Being Produced". Today marks 86 days since the received date, and I haven't submitted any service requests. The AP receipt number still returns a validation error. Coincidentally, it's also my birthday today. :P

What a great birthday gift! Happy birthday and congrats!!!

Hello friends,

So they mailed us the. EAD on July 5th. It's sent via 2-day priority mail. Well, I didn't get any news until last Thursday July 14th. (What!?!) and I got an update on the app saying that my card was reported as "undeliverable by USPS" even though I tried to hold the package for pick up, they still sent it back to USCIS. Now I have to wait until it gets sent again :( this was such a bad experience! Till today, I haven't gotten an explanation as of why my card was not delivered. I have not changed my address and I had receive all the notices in the past to the same address.

Have you heard of anyone in the same situation? I really hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. Such a waste of time....

Hello friends,

So they mailed us the. EAD on July 5th. It's sent via 2-day priority mail. Well, I didn't get any news until last Thursday July 14th. (What!?!) and I got an update on the app saying that my card was reported as "undeliverable by USPS" even though I tried to hold the package for pick up, they still sent it back to USCIS. Now I have to wait until it gets sent again :( this was such a bad experience! Till today, I haven't gotten an explanation as of why my card was not delivered. I have not changed my address and I had receive all the notices in the past to the same address.

Have you heard of anyone in the same situation? I really hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. Such a waste of time....

Some people report having trouble when their names are not on the mailboxes. Do a search for "undeliverable by usps" or something similar on the search bar on the homepage of vj, it may help you.

I hope this can be solved soon. Good luck

What a great birthday gift! Happy birthday and congrats!!!

Thank you, Ana! I hope you and the others waiting get yours very soon too!

Hello friends,

Sorry to hear about that! I had letters not being dropped off in the mailbox before because the apartment is under my spouse's name and not mine. I had to ask the senders to add "In Care Of [spouse's name]" to have them successfully delivered. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Edited by yna2015

Thank you for your responses. We rent a house, so there shouldn't be any confusion. When I got my EAD for my OPT, I had no problem even though my name wasn't in the mailbox. It was also a house that I was living at the time. :(

Did you send any sort of request?

I sent mine before you and haven't received anything! :(

Our Timeline:
---------------------- K1 PETITION PROCESS -----------------------------------
10/16/2013 - Started dating
12/27/2014 - Got engaged :D
08/25/2015 - I-129F sent
09/03/2015 - NOA1
09/25/2015 - NOA2
10/21/2015 - NVC case number assigned
10/21/2015 - Petition left NVC, sent to Buenos Aires embassy
10/27/2015 - BA embassy received
01/04/2016 - Interview
01/14/2016 - Approved!
01/25/2016 - K1 Visa received
03/18/2016 - Moved to the US!!
03/26/2016 - Married (L)
------------------------- AOS PROCESS ----------------------------------------------
4/13/2016 - Sent AOS + EAD + AP
4/18/2016 - The date written on "Received date" box on NOA1 (day 0)
4/21/2016 - Three Texts & Emails of AOS + EAP + AP case numbers (3 days)
4/22/2016 - NOA1 hard copy received by mail (4 days)

5/24/2016 - Biometrics appointment (36 days)

7/05/2016 - EAD online service requested (78 days)
7/16/2016 - 90th day
7/18/2016 - "New card is being produced" for EAD+AP (92 days)
7/21/2016 - EAD/AP sent via mail (95 days)
7/22/2016 - EAD/AP hard copy approval notice received via mail (96 days)
7/23/2016 - EAD Arrived in the mail ! (97 days)

Question everyone!

So I just discovered something odd.

My I 765 receipt number is:

MSCxxxxxxxx99

and it gives me a validation error.

However, I thought to myself: "The 9 is above the 6... maybe there's a typo?"

So I proceeded to enter:

MSCxxxxxxx96

and, what do you know:

On July 14, 2016, we approved your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization , Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxx96

Can it be that this is someone else's EAD, with almost the exact same number and Form? O_o

Our Timeline:
---------------------- K1 PETITION PROCESS -----------------------------------
10/16/2013 - Started dating
12/27/2014 - Got engaged :D
08/25/2015 - I-129F sent
09/03/2015 - NOA1
09/25/2015 - NOA2
10/21/2015 - NVC case number assigned
10/21/2015 - Petition left NVC, sent to Buenos Aires embassy
10/27/2015 - BA embassy received
01/04/2016 - Interview
01/14/2016 - Approved!
01/25/2016 - K1 Visa received
03/18/2016 - Moved to the US!!
03/26/2016 - Married (L)
------------------------- AOS PROCESS ----------------------------------------------
4/13/2016 - Sent AOS + EAD + AP
4/18/2016 - The date written on "Received date" box on NOA1 (day 0)
4/21/2016 - Three Texts & Emails of AOS + EAP + AP case numbers (3 days)
4/22/2016 - NOA1 hard copy received by mail (4 days)

5/24/2016 - Biometrics appointment (36 days)

7/05/2016 - EAD online service requested (78 days)
7/16/2016 - 90th day
7/18/2016 - "New card is being produced" for EAD+AP (92 days)
7/21/2016 - EAD/AP sent via mail (95 days)
7/22/2016 - EAD/AP hard copy approval notice received via mail (96 days)
7/23/2016 - EAD Arrived in the mail ! (97 days)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Question everyone!

So I just discovered something odd.

My I 765 receipt number is:

MSCxxxxxxxx99

and it gives me a validation error.

However, I thought to myself: "The 9 is above the 6... maybe there's a typo?"

So I proceeded to enter:

MSCxxxxxxx96

and, what do you know:

On July 14, 2016, we approved your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization , Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxx96

Can it be that this is someone else's EAD, with almost the exact same number and Form? O_o

More than possible... Most people submits EAD AP and AOS so every 3 number above and below you you check you will most likely see a EAD or AOS or AP

My cases at 30 31 and 32... 32 being my EAD and I know the 35 and 38 is EAD aswell as the 28 25 and 22 are also EAD

April 8th: AOS sent

April 11th: Recieved at Chicago lockbox [Day 0]

April 25th: NOA1 date (never recieved e-notifications) [Day 14]

April 29th: NOA1 hard copy recieved in the mail [Day 18]

May 9th: "Fingerprint fee recieved" [Day 28]

May 12th: Reciept number's start working on USCIS case status website [Day 31]

May 20th: Biometrics letter recieved [Day 39]

June 1st: Biometric appointment [Day 51]

​November 12th: Interview letter received ​[Day 216]

December 1st: Interview day! APPROVED [Day 235]

December 5th: Case status changed from "fingerprint fee received" to "Approved" post dated Dec 1st [Day 239]

Received approval letter in the mail for Green card [Day 239]

December 6th: "Card was mailed to me" [Day 240]

December 8th: Green card received in mail!!! [day 242]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.