ckibs

April 2016 AOS Filers

2,674 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Tell that for the people who are waiting since February 2015! It seems right now things are moving faster, which I don't understand if there are people from 2015 waiting. Uscis and is crazy

Yeah I agree. Sometimes I wonder if USCIS has lost them. Don't really understand why the process could take SO long; you're really lucky! :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Several posts have been removed due to TOS violation, for the TOS violation, for quoting the violating post~

Condone or instruct, either directly or indirectly, others on how to commit fraudulent or illegal immigration activities in any way, shape, manner or method.

Pitaya

VJ Moderation

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Timeline

Just wondering why my post got deleted? I didn't say anything violating?!

april 1st: sent i-485 to chicago lockbox

april 4th: i-485 delivered to chicago lockbox

april 7th: "biometrics fee received and accepted"

april 10th: email notification of acceptance and routing to NBC for processing

april 11th: hardcopy i-797C in mail (notice date april 8th)

april 30th: received biometrics letter for: may 11th @ 9am

june 2nd: received interview letter for: july 6th @ 11.10am

july 6th: Interview day---no decision was made

july 13th: sent e-mail to congressman, asking for an inquiry on my case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just wanted to offer some encouragement for those who are waiting and frustrated by the seeming silent treatment from USCIS. We mailed our I-485 at the end of March and it arrived April 4. We didn't get our text/e-mail notifications until April 19. I thought bad news already since it took over two weeks just to get our NOA1. As well, our case numbers were not being recognized by USCIS online's case status check. Some time after I did my biometrics on May 13, I called USCIS just to see if the online case status check would ever work. They said sometimes their systems aren't great at talking to each other, but that the application was indeed being processed. I missed home and felt a bit trapped. For fun, I decided to check the online case status check yesterday and it said my I-485 was approved on June 28.

It is heartbreaking and stressful to wait, but it WILL happen. Hang in there. <3

Just wondering why my post got deleted? I didn't say anything violating?!

Sometimes they do that hehe.. What was your post about?

Just wanted to offer some encouragement for those who are waiting and frustrated by the seeming silent treatment from USCIS. We mailed our I-485 at the end of March and it arrived April 4. We didn't get our text/e-mail notifications until April 19. I thought bad news already since it took over two weeks just to get our NOA1. As well, our case numbers were not being recognized by USCIS online's case status check. Some time after I did my biometrics on May 13, I called USCIS just to see if the online case status check would ever work. They said sometimes their systems aren't great at talking to each other, but that the application was indeed being processed. I missed home and felt a bit trapped. For fun, I decided to check the online case status check yesterday and it said my I-485 was approved on June 28.

It is heartbreaking and stressful to wait, but it WILL happen. Hang in there. <3

Congratulations!

- K1 Visa Timeline -                                                                            - AOS Timeline -

August 25, 2015 - i-129F filed via USPS!                                                                        March 22, 2016 - SSN Application (bring passport and i-94 prinout)

August 27, 2015 - NOA1                                                                                                 March 28, 2016 - SSN Card Received

August 31, 2015 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received                                                                   March 28, 2016 - CIVIL Wedding Ceremony!

September 23, 2015 - RFE Received                                                                              April 12, 2016 - Certified Copy of Marriage Certificate received!

September 27, 2015 - RFE Sent to CSC                                                                         April 18, 2016 - Filed AOS via USPS

October 7, 2015 - NOA2 / our case was approved!!                                                        April 20, 2016 - AOS Delivered!

October 10,2015 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received                                                                 April 26, 2016 - went back to SSA to have my card name changed!

November 12, 2015 - received NVC email that case ready for interview                         April 29, 2016 - received 3 NOAs i-485/i-765/i-131 from the mail! (April 25, 2016 Notice Date)

December 8, 2015 - SLEC Medical but failed on CXR had to do sputum tests!                May 14, 2016 - received mail for Biometrics Appointment Letter (dated May 26, 2016)

December 14,15,16 2015 - went back to SLEC for Sputum Tests!                                   May 26, 2016 - Biometrics done!

December 18, 2015 - Initial sputum tests done! Results are negative                             June 3, 2016 - per case status online i-485 "Ready to schedule for interview"

February 10, 2016 - received email from SLEC sputum tests negative                           July 5, 2016 - 1st SR for EAD (75th day from the received date)

February 17, 2016 - SLEC medical done!!!                                                                       July 16, 2016 - recieved an email EAD case is under review

February 23, 2016 - USEM interview approved! The CO has only 3 questions! LOL        July 22, 2016 - 2nd SR for EAD (92nd day from the received date)

March 4, 2016 - K1 visa packet received!!                                                                      August 2, 2016 - EAD status changed to New Card is being produced

March 8, 2016 - CFO seminar done                                                                               August 3, 2016 - EAD/AP status changed to CASE was APPROVED!

March 19, 2016 - arrived at my POE Los Angeles                                                          August 9, 2016 - EAD/AP combo card received!

September 28, 2016 – Case status changed to “Schedule for interview”

October 28, 2016 – Interview day!
                                                                                                                                     November 2, 2016 – received RFE (IO wants all pages of Form I-693 to be filled out by CS)
                                                                                                                                      November 12, 2016 – RFE response sent!
                                                                                                                                      November 22, 2016 – AOS APPROVED!!

December 2, 2016 – 2 year conditional green card received!

God is Good, All the Time.. :goofy: :rolleyes:

Sometimes they do that hehe.. What was your post about?

Oh alright. I really don't care anyway ;) i only said " she never said that he is working right now, she only asked what would happen if he would be working without proper work authorization ."

Thats it. Haha

Congratulations!

april 1st: sent i-485 to chicago lockbox

april 4th: i-485 delivered to chicago lockbox

april 7th: "biometrics fee received and accepted"

april 10th: email notification of acceptance and routing to NBC for processing

april 11th: hardcopy i-797C in mail (notice date april 8th)

april 30th: received biometrics letter for: may 11th @ 9am

june 2nd: received interview letter for: july 6th @ 11.10am

july 6th: Interview day---no decision was made

july 13th: sent e-mail to congressman, asking for an inquiry on my case.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Got my EAD today! Took about 2 days (June 29 - July 1) for the delivery; the status changed from "your card was mailed" to "card was delivered to me by post office". Turns out USCIS doesn't give a tracking number until it was delivered. What's the point of having the tracking number then?

Anyways, finally the wait for EAD is over. And still waiting for i 485 updates... Patience is what I need...

N400 Timeline:

2019-8-9: N400 submitted online to USCIS;

2019-8-17: Biometric scheduled; 

2019-8-26: Biometric walk-in; reviewed on the same day;

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

2018-8-31: I-751 Package mailed to USCIS;

2018-9-3: Package received; 

2018-10-23: Extension letter received;

2019-3-15: Fingerprints reviewed;

2019-6-21: Biometric appointment letter, scheduled on 7/8/2019 8am;

2019-7-5: Walk-in for biometric appointment; Fingerprints reviewed on the same day;

2019-10-22: Case transferred to Lee's Summit, MO;

AOS Timeline (From F-1):

2016-3-30: AOS Package mailed to USCIS (I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765)

2016-4-04: Package received; NOA date

2016-4-29: Received biometric appointment letter; appointment set on May 9th

2016-5-09: Completed biometric appointment as scheduled

2016-5-12: I-485 update; case ready for scheduling an interview

2016-6-13: Called USCIS customer service and requested to expedite my case for I-765

2016-6-20: Called USCIS customer service again and created a service request after 75 days since I-765 was filed

2016-6-24: I-765 status changed to "your new card is being produced;" I-131 changed to "case was approved"

2016-6-29: I-765 status changed to "card was mailed"

2016-7-01: I-765 status changed to "card was delivered to me by the post office"

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

we got The same time line. i sent in my package on April 1st..

i just got my EAD delivered in the mail too today and im glad.. Now i can get my ### out there and get a job ..

We are waiting for update on i485 and i130..

Thanks to visa journey member

My AOS Timeline (From B1/B2):

2016-4-01: AOS Package mailed to USCIS (I-485, I-130, I-765)

2016-4-11 : Package received; NOA date

​2016-4-29: Received biometric appointment letter; appointment set on May 9th

2016-5-02: Completed biometric appointment as scheduled ( early Walk-in )

2016-6-20: Called USCIS customer service and make a service Request on the 75th Day for I-765

2016-6-23: I-765 status changed to "your new card is being produced;

2016-6-28: I-765 status changed to "card was mailed"

2016-7-01: I-765 status changed to "card was delivered to me by the post office"

2016-7-20: I-485 Status Changed to Test and Interview

Tell that for the people who are waiting since February 2015! It seems right now things are moving faster, which I don't understand if there are people from 2015 waiting. Uscis and is crazy

Congratulations!

Isn't it just weird that AOS process is even faster than the K1 process? lol

Yeah the AOS process seems to be a rollercoaster in terms of how they deal with cases. Some cases are taking forever with no end in sight and others are just randomly approving!

And thank you very much, and yes it is very weird. At the moment, we're feeling the K-1 process was harder than the AOS process, mainly because we had an extra hoop to jump through as the CO wanted my fiance to have a SECOND cosponsor ontop of the one we already had that met the HHS poverty requirements.

I wish everyone the best of luck, it'll always work out and all of us here are strong enough to see it until it does work out. =]

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm still waiting. Filed in May

Oh I'm sorry! I must have confused you with someone else--there's another member who got her/his green card yesterday, and I thought I was replying to that person. Oopsy! :P Anyway, good luck! I filed in May too, hopefully the EAD will arrive soon, at least.

Oh I'm sorry! I must have confused you with someone else--there's another member who got her/his green card yesterday, and I thought I was replying to that person. Oopsy! :P Anyway, good luck! I filed in May too, hopefully the EAD will arrive soon, at least.

July will be our month!! (When cards start being produced, I hope)

Edited by p-ana

We did the k1 and now aos our card was approved

are all cards issued combo cards now meaning both ap and ead?

Not sure what the question is.

If you are at the stage of being approved for the I-131 & I-765 applications your combination card will have written on it that it's an employment authorisation card as well as an I-512 (I think) which serves as your advance parole document. That's what's known as the combination card.

If you are saying that your I-485 AOS application has been approved (with or without an interview) then once you physically have your Green Card in your possession it will supersede any other card or approvals you may have had to date. Not sure what you are meant to do with the EAD card at this point, whether they want you to surrender it to them or shred it.

Cheers

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.