ckibs

April 2016 AOS Filers

2,674 posts in this topic

We were always very caution for applying for EAD, a lot of jobs ask "Are you currently able to legally work in the US?" in which the answer would TECHNICALLY be no. So we figured we would just wait to apply for things. Today though my husbands GC was mailed out, so he's going to be updating his resume and I hope that we can find a job that works out!

My daughter is special needs so one of us has to be home with her while the other is at work, so it makes finding a job around certain hours a bit challenging but I'm sure we can figure it out!

Good luck to ya'll, I'll be watching the thread as I've done for K-1 and everything else!

hey Ash.1101 thanks for sharing your thoughts, we have the same line of thinking, because 'technically' it's still a 'no' without an EAD or GC. I was hoping to get an approval soon so that things would go a little bit as it should but im stuck on day 85 with no updates at all. I do wish you or your husband would get a great job soon, all the best then.

My lawyer said generally USCIS will forgive you for working before you get your EAD card.

However, I wouldn't recommend risking it.

the most important rule of thumb: do not ever violate any of the US immigration laws, that being said, it includes working without an approved EAD (meaning a card on hand). As many suggested, you may apply for jobs, but be honest during the interview, and if they do give you a job offer, you can make an expedite request with a valid reason. I guess this is what i know, not a legal expert though, goodluck and all the best.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi All,

Day 3 after we opened up a service request for our EAD/AP. No update as yet on any of our receipts as we are still getting validation errors on them.

While we continue to play the waiting game, i would like to congratulate the recent approvals on their journey.

Good luck and god bless.

Kind regards,

ConiMoni

ConiMoni

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey congratulations!!!! my golly how long did you wait? I submitted my AOS april 7, but up until now there is no update at all. Glad you're case is doing well.

Pixie dust for us waiting, for more luck., :)

Timeline

We submitted my form march 29 and i received my noa april 8..Thank you goodluck to u also..Maybe soon your case will be update.Same thing happened to me theres no update after biometrics but finally?

We submitted my form march 29 and i received my noa april 8..Thank you goodluck to u also..Maybe soon your case will be update.Same thing happened to me theres no update after biometrics but finally?

That is so amazing, Dhess!!! last question tho: did your I-485 case update to "biometrics taken" or any "case ready for interview'? just curious hope you wont mind sharing.

You're lucky to have not placed a service request for any of this (and if you did, you are still fortunate, very happy!). :)

Ehhh he might still get in trouble with the irs. I just play by the rules and find it insulting and offensive how others don't and get away with it

Agree, well i think the bottom line is, working without proper legal authorization, it is not within the right way of things and its a violation of USCIS policy, regardless of the logic and rationale. hope all is well. :) and life goes on as many must do so. :)

Edited by cj21

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Ehhh he might still get in trouble with the irs. I just play by the rules and find it insulting and offensive how others don't and get away with it

don't even think about those guys :)

cause there are people who get their GC with fake marriages which is so common and they are definetelly not playing fair.

And actually those are the ones who are to blame for this strict and long procedure we have to go through now to get approved :(

But again, everyone lives their own lives, we are here not to blame but to give advice and support each other :)

AOS EAD

5/5/2016 - sent docs to Chicago, AGAIN (i-485, i-130, i-765, i-864) [Day 0] 5/16/2016 - NOA [Day 11]

5/6/2016 - delivered and signed up for by R Mercado [Day 1] 7/20/2016 - called to submit a service request for my EAD. [Day 76]
5/12/2016 - checks cashed [Day 7] 7/28/2016 - case numbers for i-130 and i-765 started working to say case was received on May 6 [Day 84]

5/16/2016 - got 3 NOAs in the mail, dated May 12, priority date is 7/29/2016 - case status of I-765 is "New Card Is Being Produced", later in the evening - "Case Was Approved" [Day 85]

May 6 (haven't received any emails or texts) [Day 11] 8/1/2016 - received answer for the service request "your case is under review" [Day 89]

6/10/2016 - got biometrics letter in the mail, notice date is June 4, 2016, which 8/1/2016 - received answer for the service request "your case is under review" [Day 89]

is day 30 from when they picked up the package [Day 36] 8/2/2016 - case status of I-765 is "The Card was Mailed to you" [Day 90]

6/21/2016 - Biometrics walk-in in Philadelphia [Day 47] 8/4/2016 - received I-797 Notice of Action for approved I-765 [Day 92]

6/22/2016 - Scheduled Biometrics Appointment [Day 48] 8/5/2016 - EAD in mail [Day 93]

6/30/2016 - online case status started working "case is ready to be scheduled

for the interview" [Day 56]

8/9/2016 - Interview is Scheduled [Day 97]

9/14/2016 - Interview Day [Day 133]

Hi Dhess,

Was your i-485 status online went to " Case is ready for interview " before it was approved? Thanks

don't even think about those guys :)

cause there are people who get their GC with fake marriages which is so common and they are definetelly not playing fair.

And actually those are the ones who are to blame for this strict and long procedure we have to go through now to get approved :(

But again, everyone lives their own lives, we are here not to blame but to give advice and support each other :)

True.. just like us, we are waiting for it (ead) before getting a job.

- K1 Visa Timeline -                                                                            - AOS Timeline -

August 25, 2015 - i-129F filed via USPS!                                                                        March 22, 2016 - SSN Application (bring passport and i-94 prinout)

August 27, 2015 - NOA1                                                                                                 March 28, 2016 - SSN Card Received

August 31, 2015 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received                                                                   March 28, 2016 - CIVIL Wedding Ceremony!

September 23, 2015 - RFE Received                                                                              April 12, 2016 - Certified Copy of Marriage Certificate received!

September 27, 2015 - RFE Sent to CSC                                                                         April 18, 2016 - Filed AOS via USPS

October 7, 2015 - NOA2 / our case was approved!!                                                        April 20, 2016 - AOS Delivered!

October 10,2015 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received                                                                 April 26, 2016 - went back to SSA to have my card name changed!

November 12, 2015 - received NVC email that case ready for interview                         April 29, 2016 - received 3 NOAs i-485/i-765/i-131 from the mail! (April 25, 2016 Notice Date)

December 8, 2015 - SLEC Medical but failed on CXR had to do sputum tests!                May 14, 2016 - received mail for Biometrics Appointment Letter (dated May 26, 2016)

December 14,15,16 2015 - went back to SLEC for Sputum Tests!                                   May 26, 2016 - Biometrics done!

December 18, 2015 - Initial sputum tests done! Results are negative                             June 3, 2016 - per case status online i-485 "Ready to schedule for interview"

February 10, 2016 - received email from SLEC sputum tests negative                           July 5, 2016 - 1st SR for EAD (75th day from the received date)

February 17, 2016 - SLEC medical done!!!                                                                       July 16, 2016 - recieved an email EAD case is under review

February 23, 2016 - USEM interview approved! The CO has only 3 questions! LOL        July 22, 2016 - 2nd SR for EAD (92nd day from the received date)

March 4, 2016 - K1 visa packet received!!                                                                      August 2, 2016 - EAD status changed to New Card is being produced

March 8, 2016 - CFO seminar done                                                                               August 3, 2016 - EAD/AP status changed to CASE was APPROVED!

March 19, 2016 - arrived at my POE Los Angeles                                                          August 9, 2016 - EAD/AP combo card received!

September 28, 2016 – Case status changed to “Schedule for interview”

October 28, 2016 – Interview day!
                                                                                                                                     November 2, 2016 – received RFE (IO wants all pages of Form I-693 to be filled out by CS)
                                                                                                                                      November 12, 2016 – RFE response sent!
                                                                                                                                      November 22, 2016 – AOS APPROVED!!

December 2, 2016 – 2 year conditional green card received!

God is Good, All the Time.. :goofy: :rolleyes:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi all,

I've been busy and quiet, but have been keeping up with many of your posts here. Like many of you, I'm still waiting for something to happen. Though, given my timeline, I'm not panicking or worried yet. The one thing that bothers me is not being able to see anything online (most of my receipt numbers return the message saying they can't find my case). I´ve called, but no luck getting answers. I've asked my attorney to look into it and she presented a "formal inquiry". Don't think we have an answer yet, but attorney said I shouldn't worry about this... yet. We will see what happens.

In other news, my OPT expired yesterday so as of today I'm not legally authorized to work anymore. This has "forced" me to go on "vacation". I will try to take it easy now and relax, though I will volunteer for my organization on a part time basis (I really like it), but without any pay... don't wanna risk anything.

Kudos to all of you who have received your GC or EAD by now!!! And to the rest of us: we will hopefully follow suit soon!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi All,

Day 3 after we opened up a service request for our EAD/AP. No update as yet on any of our receipts as we are still getting validation errors on them.

While we continue to play the waiting game, i would like to congratulate the recent approvals on their journey.

Good luck and god bless.

Kind regards,

ConiMoni

Hi, I'm not sure if you filed a request for Expedite EAD or not... I myself filed an Expedite EAD Request last week, and heard absolutely nothing after 5 business days, so I called back again, and the lady told me the receipt number I got was actually a confirmation number for the request, not an actual tracking number which I could use to track the status of my request. Bummer.

Anyway, then the lady told me that my request has been assigned to a local officer, and it just might be that he/she is having a great volume of requests to deal with at the moment, and that I should wait a little longer. So, yeah, fingers crossed that he/she will see my request soon.

Good luck to you too!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It means that they are making your card and you have been approved! If this is under the I-485 GC application, then you don't have an interview! Just wait for your card in the mail. You may get an approval status and a "Card has been mailed" status so just keep an eye out! Congrats!

There's been a couple of us in this thread already that have been approved with no interview for GC.

IF he has been working then he is working illegally and IF caught working illegally he can be subject to USCIS laws and regulations. IF he is working then I recommend he STOP working ASAP, if he isn't working then make sure he does not work until he has his EAD in hand.

They could go light on him, but it's honestly never worth the risk.

Congratulations!

Isn't it just weird that AOS process is even faster than the K1 process? lol

Congratulations!

Isn't it just weird that AOS process is even faster than the K1 process? lol

Tell that for the people who are waiting since February 2015! It seems right now things are moving faster, which I don't understand if there are people from 2015 waiting. Uscis and is crazy

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Hi All,

Good luck and god bless.

Kind regards,

ConiMoni

Hope you hear something soon!

4/8/2016 mailed AOS package (lawyer)

4/19/2016 bank confimed that cashier's checks were cashed

4/22/2016 received hard copy NOAs for I-765, I-130, I-485 ***Priority date 4/13/16***

4/30/2016 received biometrics notice, scheduled for 5/13/2016

5/05/2016 Walk in Biometrics done, Columbus, OH

6/22/2016 Online service request submitted for EAD

6/30/2016 Interview scheduled for 08/04/2016

07/20/2016 EAD card being produced

07/27/2016 EAD received

08/04/2016 Interview completed, APPROVED

08/13/2016 GC delivered

***able to check I-485 receipt number as of 6/30/2016, I-765 receipt number as of 7/20/2016, I-130 as of 07/28/2016**

Timeline

That is so amazing, Dhess!!! last question tho: did your I-485 case update to "biometrics taken" or any "case ready for interview'? just curious hope you wont mind sharing.

You're lucky to have not placed a service request for any of this (and if you did, you are still fortunate, very happy!). :)

My last case status for my I485 was fingerprint fee was receieved..And just today when i check it its being produced yesterday..Yes indeed thank you.

Hi Dhess,

Was your i-485 status online went to " Case is ready for interview " before it was approved? Thanks

True.. just like us, we are waiting for it (ead) before getting a job.

No it doesnt my last case status was fingerprint fee was received.And someone said its approved already...Me too i thought i still have to do interview after its being card produced..☝

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.