MarkerOne

K1, K2 Visa question

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

I just sent my K1 I-129f petition. My fiance is from the Philippines but have been working in Singapore for the last four years. Her son is 12 years old going to school and living in the Philippines with his aunts and grandfather. The K1 visa for my fiance will be processed in Singapore. Here is my question, can we bring her son to Singapore and apply for a visa for him at the same time, however, he will not be travelling with his mom at the same time since he has to finish he school. If the answer is yes to him getting a visa in Singapore, would it still be valid for him to travel within a year so I can go back and bring him myself from the Philippines?

I hope my question is clear and not confusing. Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

School ends this march .. why not he cant come with ur fiance ??? And if he not coming with ur fiance why u need to process a visa for him ??? The child of a beneficiary is allowed only within 1 year after approval of ur fiance ..

This is what my fiance and I decision .. just want to share . I will have a K1 visa too and i will bring my daughter with me once were approved .. we decide to bring her with us then she have time to adjust in america .. we will get her a tutor to adjust in her study before she start there .. i want her to learn more english too so its not going to be hard for her when she start school and communicate to other people ..

Timeline

School ends this march .. why not he cant come with ur fiance ??? And if he not coming with ur fiance why u need to process a visa for him ??? The child of a beneficiary is allowed only within 1 year after approval of ur fiance ..

This is what my fiance and I decision .. just want to share . I will have a K1 visa too and i will bring my daughter with me once were approved .. we decide to bring her with us then she have time to adjust in america .. we will get her a tutor to adjust in her study before she start there .. i want her to learn more english too so its not going to be hard for her when she start school and communicate to other people ..

If all goes well with the petition then our case should be final around July or August. Then we will bring him by early next year. The reason we want to apply for visa for him because it would be easier on him while his mother is there to do all the paper work for him. But if his mother already in the states, that mean he have to ask his aunt or uncle to help him with the filing for the Visa.

But my question which you did not answer is, can he apply in Singapore or not even he is not living there, and yes, I know about the One year limit.

Thanks

Edited by aayoub1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I just sent my K1 I-129f petition. My fiance is from the Philippines but have been working in Singapore for the last four years. Her son is 12 years old going to school and living in the Philippines with his aunts and grandfather. The K1 visa for my fiance will be processed in Singapore. Here is my question, can we bring her son to Singapore and apply for a visa for him at the same time,

No since he would be travelling out of a different country.

however, he will not be travelling with his mom at the same time since he has to finish he school. If the answer is yes to him getting a visa in Singapore, would it still be valid for him to travel within a year so I can go back and bring him myself from the Philippines?

When he is ready to travel from the Phils, you would schedule his interview and medical and go to the Manila Embassy.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just sent my K1 I-129f petition. My fiance is from the Philippines but have been working in Singapore for the last four years. Her son is 12 years old going to school and living in the Philippines with his aunts and grandfather. The K1 visa for my fiance will be processed in Singapore. Here is my question, can we bring her son to Singapore and apply for a visa for him at the same time, however, he will not be travelling with his mom at the same time since he has to finish he school. If the answer is yes to him getting a visa in Singapore, would it still be valid for him to travel within a year so I can go back and bring him myself from the Philippines?

I hope my question is clear and not confusing. Thanks!

Your fiancee can complete her visa application in Singapore, her son (K2) can complete his visa application in Manila later when school is out... only requirement is he must be issued his visa within a year of his mom's visa being issued.

Visa itself is only good for six months from the date of the medical, so in this situation waiting until school is out is better.

Once your fiancee has her visa the case file will need to be transferred to Manila. I suggest mentioning this to the CO at the interview.

He will also need a travel clearance if he will not be traveling with his mother. http://www.dswd.gov.ph/faqs/travel-clearance-for-minors/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Your fiancee can complete her visa application in Singapore, her son (K2) can complete his visa application in Manila later when school is out... only requirement is he must be issued his visa within a year of his mom's visa being issued.

Visa itself is only good for six months from the date of the medical, so in this situation waiting until school is out is better.

Once your fiancee has her visa the case file will need to be transferred to Manila. I suggest mentioning this to the CO at the interview.

He will also need a travel clearance if he will not be traveling with his mother. http://www.dswd.gov.ph/faqs/travel-clearance-for-minors/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Thanks Hank for the link and the info. I send her the link and the info. Good to know all this since I will be traveling to the Philippines to bring him with me back to the USA, in time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.