marianath

Weird Biometric Appointment for EAD and AOS

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We submitted my wife's AOS / EAD last December.

Received her Biometrics Appointment only a week ago with the date Today at 9am.

Yesterday her EAD was approved PRIOR to her Biometrics Appointment.

We went today and they only did her pictures for EAD and NOT her fingerprints.

A couple of hours after, her EAD is in production.

This is really weird, her Biometrics Appointment shows both application EAD and GC but it was code 2 which we found out that it is only for pictures.

Why do you think they did not get her fingerprints for her GC ?

Anyone experience this ?

oooohhhh the wait and the eeakky feeling....

Timeline

Maybe you should call t USCIS, just in casesc. Ask.

Is the best option.

We did call for a Service Request to find out that in Los Angeles they are currently processing August...bummer.

We still requested a Service Request and hope to hear about it soon.

On another note, her EAD Card has been mailed to us...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hmm, til I know, they do need the fingerprints. Do you ask they about it? That's the "real real" reason of biometrics lol.

Oh, Uscis uscis....

:luv:If you're tearing down my world, please just try to do it gently.There is love inside.... (L)

Timeline

Hmm, til I know, they do need the fingerprints. Do you ask they about it? That's the "real real" reason of biometrics lol.

Oh, Uscis uscis....

For AOS, yes they need Full biometrics, pictures and fingerprints of all of her digits.

For EAD, they only need picture and fingerprint of her right index only and her signature.

Her Biometrics Letter came in with Code 2 which means only picture and right index and her signature.

This is for her EAD and not her GC.

There are 3 codes for Biometrics, 1, 2 and 3

From the Service Request call, we found out that Los Angeles is processing application dates of August and ours is December.

We filed a Service request for her GC/AOS Biometrics.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

For AOS, yes they need Full biometrics, pictures and fingerprints of all of her digits.

For EAD, they only need picture and fingerprint of her right index only and her signature.

Her Biometrics Letter came in with Code 2 which means only picture and right index and her signature.

This is for her EAD and not her GC.

There are 3 codes for Biometrics, 1, 2 and 3

From the Service Request call, we found out that Los Angeles is processing application dates of August and ours is December.

We filed a Service request for her GC/AOS Biometrics.

My Biometrics letter came in with Code 3. For EAD and AOs. :)

:luv:If you're tearing down my world, please just try to do it gently.There is love inside.... (L)

Filed: Other Country: Iceland
Timeline

This was interesting to me. We were also told that my husband would need all 10 fingers for the biometrics but they only did index and took a picture. It was code 2. I wonder why they didn't do it for the AOS and employment at the same time? Seems like a waste of time and resources when they could just do both at the same time.

Timeline

This was interesting to me. We were also told that my husband would need all 10 fingers for the biometrics but they only did index and took a picture. It was code 2. I wonder why they didn't do it for the AOS and employment at the same time? Seems like a waste of time and resources when they could just do both at the same time.

At first I felt that there might be something wrong or an issue with her AOS but then looking at the current dates of the Local USCIS Office that processes I-485 in Los Angeles, they are really backlogged.

They are currently processing August ...BUMMER !!!! what a long wait !!!

Since they are backlogged, my guess is that they want "fresh" fingerprints by the time they are processing my wife's AOS.

I still think that it is a waste of time and money for both parties...

What can you do...it is the government....

My only hope is that they give us an Interview Waiver due to the fact that they are so backlogged.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.