dulce_lluvia

K1-RFE Circumstance of Meeting/Last Personal Meeting

14 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

First I want to say thank you to everyone becuase this forum has been a lof of help throughout my process! This is the first question I ever post, hope someone can help me.

I recieved an RFE, and some of the things listed are Circumstances of Meeting, and Last Personal Meeting. Under "Last Personal Meeting" it gives a lot of examples I can submit as evidence, but not much is said under Circumstance of Meeting; just to submit information regarding how we met to establish the realtionship. Has anyone else got this before on a RFE? What might I submit as evidence for that?

It would depend on how your relationship was established. If it was an arrangement between family or friends, indicate that in a statement. If the relationship was established by some other means, such as on the Internet, you may have screen shots or you may need to explain how you two came across each other in the world. There wouldn't be any examples as it depends on your unique situation. A simple statement explaining the fact should suffice.

Signature coming soon...

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

did you write a short paragraph for question 34a? that should of done it , if you didnt answer 34a that is probably why you got a rfe

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi everyone.

First I want to say thank you to everyone becuase this forum has been a lof of help throughout my process! This is the first question I ever post, hope someone can help me.

I recieved an RFE, and some of the things listed are Circumstances of Meeting, and Last Personal Meeting. Under "Last Personal Meeting" it gives a lot of examples I can submit as evidence, but not much is said under Circumstance of Meeting; just to submit information regarding how we met to establish the realtionship. Has anyone else got this before on a RFE? What might I submit as evidence for that?

They mean the same thing. USCIS does not care how you came to know each other only when you met in person. When, How, Where, How Long?

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

They mean the same thing. USCIS does not care how you came to know each other only when you met in person. When, How, Where, How Long?

It sounded like, according to this post, that the RFE was asking for two different things:

1. Circumstances of Meeting
  2. Last Personal Meeting

I think the RFE provided several examples of what to provide to prove item 2, but nothing on item 1. Or that was my understanding, anyhow.

Signature coming soon...

did you write a short paragraph for question 34a? that should of done it , if you didnt answer 34a that is probably why you got a rfe

No, i didnt actually. I was working with an atorney at the beginning, and she would just ask for a bunch of documetns and do the rest. we send everyhting but then i got and RFE. i never actually saw every document just provided what she asked and signed :/

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

No, i didnt actually. I was working with an atorney at the beginning, and she would just ask for a bunch of documetns and do the rest. we send everyhting but then i got and RFE. i never actually saw every document just provided what she asked and signed :/

that must be it then ,quick fix

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

once again, have you met in person within 2 years of filing?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

These RFEs are typically given because you did not state information about how, when and where you met in person within the 2 years prior to filing. You also must include plenty of documentation to prove your in person meeting. If you met in person within the 2 years prior to filing the petition, then provide that information and documentation. If you did not meet in person within those 2 years, then you have a problem.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

If you haven't physically met within the last two years or you don't have proof of this meeting, then your petition will be denied. However, even just one photograph of the two of you together would be sufficient, but I would certainly suggest including more.

Signature coming soon...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Photos are secondary evidence, so I do not think an RFE would be satisfied with a single photo. They will want to see passport stamps, boarding passes, receipts, bank/credit card statements, etc.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Photos are secondary evidence, so I do not think an RFE would be satisfied with a single photo. They will want to see passport stamps, boarding passes, receipts, bank/credit card statements, etc.

True, a photo doesn't establish a date of meeting - it can't establish that the meeting occurred within the last two years before the petition.

Signature coming soon...

• 6 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We received the same RFE too.

For proofs of having met within 2 years, we provide the following

- Air ticket stubs to Bali & Singapore together

- Hotel receipts in Bali & Singapore

- Passports stamps from both petitioner and beneficiary

For Circumstances of meeting we sent

- Timeline of Relationship over 4 years

- 1 page statement of how we first got to know each other (introduced by a mutual friend), how we developed the relationship but we did not specify the name of the mutual friend

We had a lawyer check our compliance before sending, but I'm not sure if it's enough to satisfy USCIS officer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.