Matthew&Lenny

HI! I'm waiting for the I-129f decision after the RFE

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I know every case is different, but mines is totally different than anybody else because we have a daughter in common and we were married before for 6 years, but we decide to separate because I came back to my country to finish my career as a civil engineer and now that I finish we want to come back together again like before, that why we are desperate and I feel kinda sad because everytime that I talk with my daughter she ask me when are you coming back home dada and is very hard to answer because we don't know when and how long is going to take this all process to get done, we pray to the Lord every single day that this situation can be done ASAP... As a father is not easy for me

Oh wow! Yes it's a complicated story. But I hope yours will go pretty smoothly because of the previous relationship history and has a daughter as evidence! I'm with you, I keep praying that this will be done ASAP. This waiting game with no certainty has been getting on my nerves and sometimes it gets to me soooooooo much as if I was about to go crazy for the long wait. Making posts and vent about it apparently helps a bit. ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Oh wow! Yes it's a complicated story. But I hope yours will go pretty smoothly because of the previous relationship history and has a daughter as evidence! I'm with you, I keep praying that this will be done ASAP. This waiting game with no certainty has been getting on my nerves and sometimes it gets to me soooooooo much as if I was about to go crazy for the long wait. Making posts and vent about it apparently helps a bit. ?

Thank you so much for your support, I do really appreciate it, yes this waiting game is crazy, I guess we need to have more patience which is not easy at this point, I just hope that we can get good news this week or ASAP and be approved, we have been together 14 years already, our daughter is 13 years old, they are my everything

Edited by wmelo25

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

My fiance is a US citizen and he filed the petition for K1 visa on September 2015. Two weeks later he got the RFE (Request For Evidence) letter from USCIS and he sent it right away on the same day. The online status says that On October 13, 2015 they have accepted the RFE response and they will start working on the case again. It's been 5 months now but we haven't heard anything new. So status change whatsoever. Yesterday my fiance inquired online about the "long processing time" and he was told to expect the reply by April 2, 2016. So.. We're hopeful. It makes us worry knowing that a lot of people got their decisions very fast after the RFE. For info: my fiance put the plane tickets, hotel bookings, passport stamps, out engagement photos along my fam too, and the cover letter saying how we knew each other and the dates when we met in person. I'm feeling so frustrated now with this uncertainty and the waiting game.

Right now it seems slow indeed, but once you're I-129F is approved, things will speed up.

So I would suggest looking into this http://jakarta.usembassy.gov/visa/fiance_k1_visa.html

Open the website on a PC or FULL SITE option.

Then it'll direct you to the Embassy's requirements on interview day, medical, etc.

Good luck

Blooms

Timeline

Right now it seems slow indeed, but once you're I-129F is approved, things will speed up.

So I would suggest looking into this http://jakarta.usembassy.gov/visa/fiance_k1_visa.html

Open the website on a PC or FULL SITE option.

Then it'll direct you to the Embassy's requirements on interview day, medical, etc.

Good luck

Blooms

Thank you! ? and yes I've been preparing for that too so when the time comes I can fulfill the requirements really fast. Have a great day!

Timeline

Thank you so much for your support, I do really appreciate it, yes this waiting game is crazy, I guess we need to have more patience which is not easy at this point, I just hope that we can get good news this week or ASAP and be approved, we have been together 14 years already, our daughter is 13 years old, they are my everything

You're welcome! Good luck for everything! ?

Welcome to the site and good luck on your journey!

I-129F Petition
Service Center: Texas Service Center
I-129F Sent: 3/17/14
I-129F NOA1: 3/24/14
Alien Registration Number Changed: 3/25/14
I-129F NOA2: 8/25/14
Sent to NVC: 8/28/14
NVC Received: 9/8/14
Case # Assigned: 9/9/14
Left NVC: 9/11/14
Consulate Received: 9/16/14
Packet 3 Received (Instructions/Checklist): 9/19/14
Packet 3 Completed: 9/23/14
Medical Scheduled: 10/15/14
Packet 4 Received (Appointment Date): 10/2/14
Interview Date (Helsinki Consulate): 10/27/14
Interview Result: APPROVED!
Visa Received: 10/31/14
POE/Baltimore (BWI): 12/9/14
Married: 1/12/15

Adjustment of Status I-485
Service Center: National Benefits Center
I-485 Sent: 1/24/15
Delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 1/27/15
Check Cashed by USCIS: 2/2/15
NOA 1: 1/30/15
Biometrics Appointment: 3/13/15
Biometrics Completed (USCIS Baltimore) 3/13/15
Letter from DHS Advising of Potentially no Interview Required for our Case: 6/15/15
Case Transferred to Kansas City Missouri Field Office: 1/26/16
RFE Received Wanting a New Vaccination Supplement: 2/4/16
Appointment Scheduled with Civil Surgeon: 2/15/16
Appointment Cancelled due to Weather Conditions: 2/15/16
Appointment Re-Scheduled with Civil Surgeon: 2/16/16
Civil Surgeon Completed I-693 Vaccination Supplement Needed: 2/16/16
RFE Response Sent to Kansas City Field Office via USPS: 2/16/16
Delivered to USCIS Field Office by USPS: 2/19/16
Signed Return Receipt Receipt in Mail from USCIS: 2/22/16
I-485 Notification Application APPROVED - No Interview: 2/23/16
NOA 2 Approval Notice Received Through Mail: 2/27/16
Green Card Sent Through Mail Notification: 2/26/16
Received Card in Mail: 3/2/16

Employment Authorization I-765
Service Center: National Benefits Center
I-765 Sent: 1/24/15
Delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 1/27/15
NOA 1: 1/30/15
Biometrics Appointment: 3/13/15
Biometrics Completed (USCIS Baltimore) 3/13/15
EAD Approved: 3/30/15
Received Card in Mail: 4/8/15
---------------------------------------------
Sent Renewal I-765 to Chicago Lockbox: 1/30/16
Delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 2/3/16
NOA 1: 2/8/16
Biometrics Appointment: 3/2/16
No need to get them done due to getting Green Card

Removal of Conditions on Residence I-751
Service Center: Vermont Service Center
I-751 Sent: 1/16/18
Delivered to Center: 1/19/18
 NOA 1: 1/24/18
Case Approved: 4/2/19
GC Received in Mail: 4/15/19

Timeline

So, we are in day 30th since they receive our RFE and we haven't get any answers about the NAO2, I really don't know what to think anymore, I have read that they take 60 days to respond, but I see many people getting their approval quicker than others, I know every case is different but I also read that CSC is one of the fastest USCIS office, so that's why I don't know why they are in delay, this's the 4th month for us, I wish that we can hear good news ASAP...

Timeline

So, we are in day 30th since they receive our RFE and we haven't get any answers about the NAO2, I really don't know what to think anymore, I have read that they take 60 days to respond, but I see many people getting their approval quicker than others, I know every case is different but I also read that CSC is one of the fastest USCIS office, so that's why I don't know why they are in delay, this's the 4th month for us, I wish that we can hear good news ASAP...

It's been 5 months since they received the RFE for me,and been 6 months since my fiance filed the I-129f. And we haven't heard anything from them. Tell me about it. Read some that CSC took longer than other service centers but again I can't be so sure about this. Some folks got their decision in days,weeks, even 6 months after the RFE. No idea about the cause of delay. Now I just try not to think about it too much and just live my life the best I can. Always look for something to do to distract myself.

Timeline

It's been 5 months since they received the RFE for me,and been 6 months since my fiance filed the I-129f. And we haven't heard anything from them. Tell me about it. Read some that CSC took longer than other service centers but again I can't be so sure about this. Some folks got their decision in days,weeks, even 6 months after the RFE. No idea about the cause of delay. Now I just try not to think about it too much and just live my life the best I can. Always look for something to do to distract myself.

Woow that's crazy, you have been waiting 11 months already since you guys filed?, I trying not to think about it either but sometimes is not easy, especially with a daugther waiting for me over there...

Timeline

Woow that's crazy, you have been waiting 11 months already since you guys filed?, I trying not to think about it either but sometimes is not easy, especially with a daugther waiting for me over there...

Not 11 months. It's 6 months in total since we filed the I-129f. We got sent RFE letter about 2 weeks later, and they received the RFE back a month after we filed the I-129f. So we counted from the date they received our RFE, then it's been 5 months.

Timeline

Not 11 months. It's 6 months in total since we filed the I-129f. We got sent RFE letter about 2 weeks later, and they received the RFE back a month after we filed the I-129f. So we counted from the date they received our RFE, then it's been 5 months.

Oh, I'm sorry i misunderstood, well hopefully we're going to hear some news in a few weeks in Jesus name??

Timeline

Oh, I'm sorry i misunderstood, well hopefully we're going to hear some news in a few weeks in Jesus name??

It's ok ?

Good luck! I hope that we'll hear about the good news soon! I'll let you know if I have any updates.

Timeline

Hi wmelo25, my fiance just got a reply about the case inquiry. They said that the case is currently being reviewed, and we should expect Notice of Action within 45 days. Notice of Action can be in approval, denial, transferred, RFE, or Notice of Intend to Deny form. So, hopefully we would get the good news!

Timeline

Hi wmelo25, my fiance just got a reply about the case inquiry. They said that the case is currently being reviewed, and we should expect Notice of Action within 45 days. Notice of Action can be in approval, denial, transferred, RFE, or Notice of Intend to Deny form. So, hopefully we would get the good news!

Hi I3nz, so hopefully you wiil get the good news in 45 days, i think they just want to doble check everything to make sure that all the documents are fine, but a least they give you a timeframe, so let's keep praying in Jesus name and you'll see the good news soon, don't worry about it, i know sometimes it's kinda hard this waiting process, my fiancé spoke with them couple of weeks ago and they say that we need to wait 60 days since the day they receive our RFE which was on Feb 17th, so hopefully we would get some good news very soon too, in the name of God everything will be fine... :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.