PRINCESSLEE

Persons with Case Complete Awaiting Interview in Jamaica

919 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think it varies for sure case to case but for us; our interview was 5/25, I never noticed the case go into AP but did a random check on 5/27 and the status changed to issued. DHL tracking showed at the main office on 5/30 and my husband received the notifcation late that afternoon that it was ready for pickup. So from interview to ready for pick up 3 business days.

wow that was really quick, these ticket prices are going up way too quick man I'm seriously contemplating buying it for two weeks after my interview date

Timeline

wow that was really quick, these ticket prices are going up way too quick man I'm seriously contemplating buying it for two weeks after my interview date

It was extremely quick. All I can say is, thanks be to God. I don't know if my husband turned on the charm or what but whatever he did worked. When he got the visa in hand he took a picture to show me and it was processed the next day. Maybe the guy that interviewed him was in great spirits...my husband was the first person that day to be interviewed for immigrant visa type...I told him that, that could either work for us or against us...never know how people sleep the night before and how they will wake the next morning.

And yes...the ticket prices are getting more expensive. Remember U.S. holiday is coming up and that might play a factor. Also, when searching and you close out your browser make sure to delete your cookies and temp internet files..close out, go back in and perform a new search. From what I have seen the airlines typically change their prices twice a week (higher or lower). Some people say Tuesday is the best day to shop and some say Wednesday's...but I have seen prices change late Friday and again late afternoon Saturday. You have to be on it like maggots to rotten meat...(I know that's gross but that's the only analogy that came to my mind and my mom always uses it).

Edited by shsl73

Timeline

There are several different tools you can use to create price change alerts for yourself..like kayak (is a good one)...also calendars to see estimates of when it's cheaper to fly like:

http://matrix.itasoftware.com

Also look at ticketscanner (I think its called).

Timeline

It was extremely quick. All I can say is, thanks be to God. I don't know if my husband turned on the charm or what but whatever he did worked. When he got the visa in hand he took a picture to show me and it was processed the next day. Maybe the guy that interviewed him was in great spirits...my husband was the first person that day to be interviewed for immigrant visa type...I told him that, that could either work for us or against us...never know how people sleep the night before and how they will wake the next morning.

And yes...the ticket prices are getting more expensive. Remember U.S. holiday is coming up and that might play a factor. Also, when searching and you close out your browser make sure to delete your cookies and temp internet files..close out, go back in and perform a new search. From what I have seen the airlines typically change their prices twice a week (higher or lower). Some people say Tuesday is the best day to shop and some say Wednesday's...but in have seen prices change late at early morning Saturday. You have to be on it like maggots to rotten meat...(I know that's gross but that's the only analogy that came to my mind and my mom always used it).

haha I guess I have to turn on my charm too then, I think everything will go fine for me tho, I'm happy you guys are thru that it must feel good to can breathe easy now, wednesdays have good prices indeed, it's such a pain being in the dark so much

Timeline

haha I guess I have to turn on my charm too then, I think everything will go fine for me tho, I'm happy you guys are thru that it must feel good to can breathe easy now, wednesdays have good prices indeed, it's such a pain being in the dark so much

There are several things that he said happened..the interview started and he didn't even realize it and it was over just as quick and the next thing he knew he was saying...."..thank you have a nice day, you may exist the building in this direction." sure he was nervous as all get out because he is extremely private and getting anything out of him is like trying to crack a CI agent. He said it was just like having a conversation...so just relax and be yourself. Speak what you know and from the heart.

Rest...no rest. We still have a ways to go...him actually getting here. And maybe because I am picky picky...I'm not going to have him fly all around the world to save 20 bucks. When a direct flight is like 2 hours and 45 mins...I wouldn't do it to myself...sooo. Hoping that they do go down and if not I'm going to look to see how many airline points I have to knock the price down.

Timeline

And yes...the ticket prices are getting more expensive. Remember U.S. holiday is coming up and that might play a factor. Also, when searching and you close out your browser make sure to delete your cookies and temp internet files..close out, go back in and perform a new search. From what I have seen the airlines typically change their prices twice a week (higher or lower). Some people say Tuesday is the best day to shop and some say Wednesday's...but I have seen prices change late Friday and again late afternoon Saturday. You have to be on it like maggots to rotten meat...(I know that's gross but that's the only analogy that came to my mind and my mom always uses it).

eewww, magnet to steel

Timeline

Good morning.

Heading to Jamaica this morning for hubby interview on Monday. Please keep us in your prayers while we do the same.....

Can't wait!!!! More excited than nervous.??

Timeline

Good morning.

Heading to Jamaica this morning for hubby interview on Monday. Please keep us in your prayers while we do the same.....

Can't wait!!!! More excited than nervous.??

Good morning...safe flight. I'm more excited than nervous too...will pray for u guys.

Timeline

Good morning...safe flight. I'm more excited than nervous too...will pray for u guys.

Thank you.... I see you are a day behind. All the best.

Timeline

Thank you.... I see you are a day behind. All the best.

2 days behind...hubby will be ere Monday. We got this though. N please remember to come bk on monday after the interview n let us know how it went.

Timeline

2 days behind...hubby will be ere Monday. We got this though. N please remember to come bk on monday after the interview n let us know how it went.

I sure will

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.