PRINCESSLEE

Persons with Case Complete Awaiting Interview in Jamaica

919 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hey guys, does anyone know if I can get shots at my private physician before going to the medical? I've heard they have problems with that is it true? I've been trying to find out for a while now

we know the feeling, you'll hear from them soon just keep holding on, It is hard indeed

As far as the shots...you can try it. I can't recall where I read it but it said that the shots must be obtained by Andrews. Check the site for the Andrews Hospital and go under Services and then U.S. medical; it might have it listed there. There is also a contact number and email address you can pose the question that way. You may also try posing the question to the Kingston Embassy. Their contact information is under the. Embassy link here.

Timeline

Good evening...you're almost there. Hold on!!

Thanks! ☺

As far as the shots...you can try it. I can't recall where I read it but it said that the shots must be obtained by Andrews. Check the site for the Andrews Hospital and go under Services and then U.S. medical; it might have it listed there. There is also a contact number and email address you can pose the question that way. You may also try posing the question to the Kingston Embassy. Their contact information is under the. Embassy link here.

The Andrews website says the shots must be done there but no idea why. Maybe just the additional ones. I'd love to know the answer to this too because I can't find my immunization card.

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Timeline

Thanks! ☺

The Andrews website says the shots must be done there but no idea why. Maybe just the additional ones. I'd love to know the answer to this too because I can't find my immunization card.

Maybe try contacting them or the Embassy for a more definitive answer. The only thing that I can think of is because "everything" (to include the physical) must be done by an approved panel of physicians/clinic or hospital...but I could be wrong in my assumption.

Timeline

Maybe try contacting them or the Embassy for a more definitive answer. The only thing that I can think of is because "everything" (to include the physical) must be done by an approved panel of physicians/clinic or hospital...but I could be wrong in my assumption.

You are right!

Timeline

Hi everyone, does any one know if joint sponsors get any form of correspondence / letter from NVC and do they call n interview them as well .

Two souls ? with but a single thought, two ? that beat as one. M & K ?

Timeline

oh I see, because I've been wondering there are vaccinations on my immunization card anyways prior to all of this, so I don't see why these would be any different, there are quite a few listed on the site I can't fathom the thought of getting all of them. So the panel physician decides what you can get is that right?

Timeline

Hi everyone, does any one know if joint sponsors get any form of correspondence / letter from NVC and do they call n interview them as well .

Good morning...I haven't heard that they are included in any correspondence. Correspondences will only go to a lawyer(if one is used), the petitioner and the beneficiary. I have not read anything that suggests that this occurs, though I might be wrong. The same with the interview...only those that are being petitioned for/have a scheduled appointment are allowed in the Embassy...sposuses and finacee'a are not "required" to attend (at least that's what I read at the bottom of the P4 letter) but that doesn't mean that they cannot attend and won't be allowed to enter. From my reading here, it's possible that they could ask the petitioner questions regarding the co-sponsor (i.e. who it is and relationship to the beneficiary or sponsor). There's a caveat to everything though...

Maybe pose the question in the Case to Interview-June to see if more seasoned persons in the process can provide more information.

Timeline

oh I see, because I've been wondering there are vaccinations on my immunization card anyways prior to all of this, so I don't see why these would be any different, there are quite a few listed on the site I can't fathom the thought of getting all of them. So the panel physician decides what you can get is that right?

Make sure you take the immunization record with you so that they can see your vaccinations. I can't recall where I've seen the list of vaccinations required but I have..maybe to early in the morning for all the juices to start flowing. Depending on when they were administered...doubt if you would have to get all but remember inoculations only lasts for a certain period of time..for example Influenza only lasts from the period of injection (typically around high flu season) through Spring and DTap I believe is about 10 years.

Once you actually see the physician and they perform the exam...they will let you know what vaccinations, if any, you will need.

Edited by shsl73

Timeline

i just checked the website you guys are right. That sucks though I could use my health card to offset the cost

100% sure you need to take the vaccination record with you...it's one of the items that is listed on the site and medical form to bring. And you definitely don't want have to be rescheduled your medical for that, could cause issues with results being ready by the time your interview date arrives.

Timeline

Make sure you take the immunization record with you so that they can see your vaccinations. I can't recall where I've seen the list of vaccinations required but I have..maybe to early in the morning for all the juices to start flowing. Depending on when they were administered...doubt if you would have to get all but remember inoculations only lasts for a certain period of time..for example Influenza only lasts from the period of injection (typically around high flu season) through Spring and DTap I believe is about 10 years.

Once you actually see the physician and they perform the exam...they will let you know what vaccinations, if any, you will need.

thnx, yeah I better not take any chances, haven't gotten any date as yet tho just checking before hand

Timeline

thnx, yeah I better not take any chances, haven't gotten any date as yet tho just checking before hand

You're welcome. If I may suggest, while you are waiting to download the .pdf medical form from the travel.state.gov site. It will tell you everything that you must bring to the medical. There is also a checklist for the Kingston Embassy that lists the thinga that must be brought at the time of the interview, along with whatever the NVC tells you to bring. You can start gathering those things while you wait. The time from the interview notification to the actual interview will go by quickly (at least it did for me), that way you will be simply reviewing what you have complied verses scrambling.

*praying for continued success in your journey.

Timeline

You're welcome. If I may suggest, while you are waiting to download the .pdf medical form from the travel.state.gov site.

*praying for continued success in your journey.

Do you have a direct link to this form? I've been searching and can't seem to find it on the site. Thanks

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Timeline

Shsl73 how long after the medical did they say the results would be ready for pick up?

Yeah I would like to know this too, if it's not same day it's going to be a lot of travelling for me

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.