PRINCESSLEE

Persons with Case Complete Awaiting Interview in Jamaica

919 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Guys I noticed some of you talking about updating the I864 to reflect 2015 taxes...did nvc instruct you to bring this info to the interview? Because my cc was Jan 13 but I didn't see where they said I needed it.

Timeline

Guys I noticed some of you talking about updating the I864 to reflect 2015 taxes...did nvc instruct you to bring this info to the interview? Because my cc was Jan 13 but I didn't see where they said I needed it.

Hey hon...I will have to go back and find the link...that will take some time as I am at work and doing ####### on this tiny phone with my old eyes is a task but this is what I recall reading..

If your interview is after the federal tax deadline you should update the 864 to reflect the current years earnings and have W2's that correspond. It was not on my P4 letter and the consulate checklist (again off of memory) just asks for 864. What I did was include the 864 and W2's used when I originally submitted my package to the NVC, with my original signature and also an updated 864 (original signature) and 2015 W2's in our folder..also had tax transcripts too. Maybe its not needed but I figured I rather have than not.

I will see if I can find the info and post it...believe it was on the Wiki here.

Timeline

Hey hon...I will have to go back and find the link...that will take some time as I am at work and doing ####### on this tiny phone with my old eyes is a task but this is what I recall reading..

If your interview is after the federal tax deadline you should update the 864 to reflect the current years earnings and have W2's that correspond. It was not on my P4 letter and the consulate checklist (again off of memory) just asks for 864. What I did was include the 864 and W2's used when I originally submitted my package to the NVC, with my original signature and also an updated 864 (original signature) and 2015 W2's in our folder..also had tax transcripts too. Maybe its not needed but I figured I rather have than not.

I will see if I can find the info and post it...believe it was on the Wiki here.

Edited by shsl73

Timeline

Here is the link:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Scroll to the bottom and look at the section titled: " Extra: Tax Information", the 3rd sentence I believe speaks to it.

Timeline

Thank you hun. I have the original 864 but my husband was saying why do I need it updated cause they didn't ask for it but in any event he sent the 2015 tax transcript, I'm just hoping I get it by this friday.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Its not something NVC will tell you. It's up to the CO. It's after tax rime and 2015 is due. I know my husband was asked for my 2015 tax information which we had at the ready. So I would most definitely have it in hand at interview with an updated I-864.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Understood. It makes sense but I can't understand why NVC would leave us open like that. Now I have an even bigger problem. I just realized that my husband's marital status is single on his returns, although he has my son as a dependent.I'm about to call an attorney, my interview is Tuesday.

Timeline

Understood. It makes sense but I can't understand why NVC would leave us open like that. Now I have an even bigger problem. I just realized that my husband's marital status is single on his returns, although he has my son as a dependent.I'm about to call an attorney, my interview is Tuesday.

Good idea..but when filing you have 2 options...to file married filing joint or married filing single. From my reading here and on the IRS site it is somewhat easier to file MFS. In that instance, on returns he has to list your name and for your SSN it should be indicated as NRA. If you are looking at transcripts...I believe it will indicate filing single. Your son could only be listed under certain circumstances, one being he has to have a SSN; which could be the reason the child is listed. I'm not a tax expert and only going off of reading and memory of when I had my taxes done.

Also...he can fax or scan and upload the trancript and email it to you.

I will look on my transcripts when I get home to see if my husband is listed on the transcripts at all and what it shows for the filing status.

Edited by shsl73

Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My mom has been calling Andrews memorial to get a medical appointment date but no answer.anyone else having this issue?and how can she get an appointment with them for sure?

Timeline

My mom has been calling Andrews memorial to get a medical appointment date but no answer.anyone else having this issue?and how can she get an appointment with them for sure?

Some in the past have stayed that this happened to them in the past...I personally emailed them and got a reply back in 2 days with an appointment date and time...someone I believe stayed that they called the main number and was transferred and someone immediately picked up.

www.amhosp.org/usmedical

Their email address is located close to the bottom of the page..

Timeline

*that should've read stated instead of stayed.

Yes, that was my experience. I e-mailed them and got the auto response and then they responded within 2 days of the e-mail request.

Hello everyone. I am a little off these days. I have a limited amount of time to plan so planning I have been. Lol I registered for the appointment and dhl. Made his appointment. Most of the documents have been sent to him. I just printed off the new i-864 to send to him. Everything else in order. Oh I just found a ticket, so Jamaica here I come.

Timeline

Hello everyone. I am a little off these days. I have a limited amount of time to plan so planning I have been. Lol I registered for the appointment and dhl. Made his appointment. Most of the documents have been sent to him. I just printed off the new i-864 to send to him. Everything else in order. Oh I just found a ticket, so Jamaica here I come.

Alright now....have a FANTASIC time

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.