Tezcatlipoca

Diversity Visa Interview London

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi guys,

I've been reading this forum since winning the DV lottery back in May.

I've always found it helpful to read other people's interview experiences, so here's mine.

My wife and I arrived at the US Embassy in London at noon for a 1pm interview. We were quickly sent away and told to come back at 1pm.

We then went to grab a coffee nearby, I couldn't stomach any lunch as my nerves were getting the better of me.

We headed back to the queue at the Embassy at 12.30pm, and entered the building at 12.44pm.

At about 1.10pm we were called up to window number 13 (my lucky number!) to hand in our documents.

I had spend the past 6 months stressing over this and making sure everything was perfect, and getting documents I didn't even need just to cover all my bases.

The nice chap working behind the counter only took the bare minimum of our documents, and didn't even ask for our bank statements or an affidavit of support. I put this to the fact that we were both dressed very well, that we both live in the UK (myself being native and my wife Latvian) along with meeting the education requirements.

We sat back down and waited until about 2.10pm. By this point the waiting area was nearly empty, with only a few people left.

We got called up to window 15 (my wife's lucky number!), and we were met by a very friendly American man.

He checked over our documents and asked us to raise our right hand. My wife raised her left hand, and when I told her she needed to raise her "other" right hand, that caused the Interviewer to chuckle slightly.

We swore that everything in our application is true.

The gentleman then noticed that my wife and I were married in Las Vegas, he asked if we enjoyed it there.

We told him it was fantastic.

He then did some typing for a moment or two and said "Ok guys, you've got it!".

We were out of the Embassy by 14.20.

We couldn't believe it. We had been stressing so much about this, but to be honest I feel that they actually want to approve you, just make sure that you have everything they ask and don't give them a reason to say no, and everything will be okay.

Best of luck to all of you.

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys,

I've been reading this forum since winning the DV lottery back in May.

I've always found it helpful to read other people's interview experiences, so here's mine.

My wife and I arrived at the US Embassy in London at noon for a 1pm interview. We were quickly sent away and told to come back at 1pm.

We then went to grab a coffee nearby, I couldn't stomach any lunch as my nerves were getting the better of me.

We headed back to the queue at the Embassy at 12.30pm, and entered the building at 12.44pm.

At about 1.10pm we were called up to window number 13 (my lucky number!) to hand in our documents.

I had spend the past 6 months stressing over this and making sure everything was perfect, and getting documents I didn't even need just to cover all my bases.

The nice chap working behind the counter only took the bare minimum of our documents, and didn't even ask for our bank statements or an affidavit of support. I put this to the fact that we were both dressed very well, that we both live in the UK (myself being native and my wife Latvian) along with meeting the education requirements.

We sat back down and waited until about 2.10pm. By this point the waiting area was nearly empty, with only a few people left.

We got called up to window 15 (my wife's lucky number!), and we were met by a very friendly American man.

He checked over our documents and asked us to raise our right hand. My wife raised her left hand, and when I told her she needed to raise her "other" right hand, that caused the Interviewer to chuckle slightly.

We swore that everything in our application is true.

The gentleman then noticed that my wife and I were married in Las Vegas, he asked if we enjoyed it there.

We told him it was fantastic.

He then did some typing for a moment or two and said "Ok guys, you've got it!".

We were out of the Embassy by 14.20.

We couldn't believe it. We had been stressing so much about this, but to be honest I feel that they actually want to approve you, just make sure that you have everything they ask and don't give them a reason to say no, and everything will be okay.

Best of luck to all of you.

Definitely a smooth interview and I hope your transition to the US is just as smooth. Congratulations on your new life!!! Where are you thinking of relocating and how soon? It must be an exciting time for you both.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you very much guys.

We're really on the fence with where to go to.

At the minute for us the frontrunners are San Diego and Houston.

San Diego looks to be the perfect place, but with no jobs lined up, it's a gamble as it is so expensive.

I think we may start with Houston, and once we are set up with work and accommodation and a good credit rating, we'll look at making our way out west.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.