cjjackson01

129f and bonified relationship evidence

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I had posted concerns before and everyone was very helpful, I now have a few more concerns after doing more research any help is appreciated, thanks ahead of time.

My last post was about the 129f package, and im pretty sure we have sorted that out iv already started working on it, the only thing im really waiting for is when my girlfriend arrives in may, and we are able to provide proof of our meeting, as well as for her to fill out her documents and write our letters of intent. after reviewing the guide the 129f doesnt seem that difficult to assemble and provide the needed documentation.

my new concerns are regarding the fact that we will only have met once before filing, and it will be from may 6th, till may 17th, will this one meeting be a red flag or a cause of concern to the london consulate when she goes in for her interview? iv seen posts elsewhere of people being denied due to to short of a visit, only meeting once, or because they wernt able to convince the consulate officer of a bonafide relationship. do we have reason to be concerned and what can we do? We met online a few years back, and it was only on christmas we discussed dating and shortly after agreed that we would like to get married and spend our lives together. We are absolutely serious, and provided the chance to marry and bring her to the states, would be the happiest day of our lives. Please, anything that may help us would be greatly appreciated. Also is her being 18 and me being 26 another reason for concern? i have seen things about age differences, but nothing indicating how big or small and how it effects things.

Edited by cjjackson01

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

Only one visit, short visit, age difference, etc. are problems at high fraud consulates. London is definitely not one of those, don't worry.

Entry on VWP to visit then-boyfriend 06/13/2011

Married 06/24/2011

Our first son was born 10/31/2012, our daughter was born 06/30/2014, our second son was born 06/20/2017

AOS Timeline

AOS package mailed 09/06/2011 (Chicago Lockbox)

AOS package signed for by R Mercado 09/07/2011

Priority date for I-485&I-130 09/08/2011

Biometrics done 10/03/2011

Interview letter received 11/18/2011

INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 12/20/2011

Approval e-mail 12/21/2011

Card production e-mail 12/27/2011

GREEN CARD ARRIVED 12/31/2011

Resident since 12/21/2011

ROC Timeline

ROC package mailed to VSC 11/22/2013

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

Biometrics date 12/26/2013

Transfer notice to CSC 03/14/2014

Change of address 03/27/2014

Card production ordered 04/30/2014

10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED 05/06/2014

N-400 Timeline

N-400 package mailed 09/30/2014

N-400 package delivered 10/01/2014

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Biometrics date 11/14/2014

Early walk-in biometrics 11/12/2014

In-line for interview 11/23/2014

Interview letter 03/18/2015

Interview date 04/17/2015 ("Decision cannot yet be made.")

In-line for oath scheduling 05/04/2015

Oath ceremony letter dated 05/11/2015

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

I am a United States citizen!

You are required to meet once. London will not use that as a reason to deny you. The officer will have a very short chat with her and unless she doesn't know your name, where you work or live and seems generally clueless about you, then it ought to be fine. London is not a difficult interview where they suspect everybody of fraud and grill you with hard questions. You also will not be asked to show a bunch of photos, extra trips to visit, an engagement ring, etc. if they ask her how she knows she wants to marry after just one trip, she can say how close you have gotten in talking everyday for a couple of years...the same kind of things you said about being serious and knowing you want to spend your lives together. They will sense the love she has if it's a real relationship.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

ok, one more thing then on top of this, she had briefly lived in the netherlands for 10 months last year, i read somewhere else that said if you lived outside of your own country for less than a year police certificate would not be needed at the time of the interview for that country, should we get it for her or are we ok with just her UK police certificate?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

"Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for six months or more since age 16 (Police certificates are also required for accompanying children age 16 or older)." https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/family/fiance-k-1.html

K-1...

08/09/2015: I-129F mailed
08/14/2015: NOA1 received by email; hardcopy received approximately 08/17/2015
09/14/2015: NOA2 received
09/30/2015: NVC received case
10/02/2015: CEAC status changed to "In Transit"
10/08/2015: CEAC status changed to "Ready"
10/09/2015: Consulate acknowledged receipt via phone; Hardcopy from US DoS with case number.
10/19/2015: Received information from Consulate.
10/28/2015: Medical Exam
11/17/2015: Interview...rescheduled due to computer problems. New date as yet unknown.
11/18/2015: Called in for interview and APPROVED!

11/24/2015: Picked up visa/passport and sealed packet from the Consulate! <happy dance>

02/14/2016: Arrived in the U.S. (POE was Bermuda)...CO was really nice!

02/18/2016: Married! :)

AOS...

03/02/2016: AOS/EAD/AP Package mailed
03/14/2016: I-485/765/131 NOAs received by mail. USCIS Received Date 03/04/2016; USCIS Notice Date 03/10/2016
03/25/2016: Received biometrics appointment letter for I-485 & I-765
04/04/2016: Biometrics appointment
04/26/2016: Received notification that the I-131 was approved and the name was updated on the I-765
05/23/2016: Received notice that card was being produced for I-765.
05/28/2016: Received EAD/AP card.
06/01/2016: Received electronic notice that AOS interview has been scheduled.
06/30/2016: I-485 interview at USCIS Baltimore Field Office.
09/01/2016: InfoPass appointment made for 09/07/2016.
09/06/2016: Received electronic notification that I-485 was approved on 09/02/2016.
09/09/2016: Received approval letter.
09/14/2016: Green Card delivered! :)

ROC...

06/13/2018: I-751 package mailed to Vermont Service Center
06/25/2018: NOA/extension letter received, dated 06/19/2018

07/14/2018: Received ASC notice for Biometrics Appointment

07/25/18: Completed Biometrics

06/13/19: Received email notification of card production. I-751 approved!

06/19/19: 10yr card delivered!

ok, one more thing then on top of this, she had briefly lived in the netherlands for 10 months last year, i read somewhere else that said if you lived outside of your own country for less than a year police certificate would not be needed at the time of the interview for that country, should we get it for her or are we ok with just her UK police certificate?

This is straight off the K1 instructions posted by your consulate London.

Police Certificate

Required for all countries where you have lived for more than 12 months since the age of 16 and any country where you have been arrested, even if you were not resident there.

Read it in it's entirety on the London Embassy website https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/required-documents/ They will NOT require a police certificate from The Netherlands at her London interview. There's plenty others who have gone through London with over 6 months but not reaching a full year in another country who did not get another police certificate. Never even questioned like maybe they need one. It is just as they write it. The UK police certificate is good for 12 months before it expires. That is also noted on the same page.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Ok thank you, i had read both and got very confused. Thus why i asked. Looked into it just in case and they dont do police certificates in the netherlands. Looks like it would have been very difficult for her to get if we needed it. So thankfully we dont.

Ok thank you, i had read both and got very confused. Thus why i asked. Looked into it just in case and they dont do police certificates in the netherlands. Looks like it would have been very difficult for her to get if we needed it. So thankfully we dont.

I added a bit to my post you may not have seen if you want to go back.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

...We met online a few years back, and it was only on christmas we discussed dating and shortly after agreed that we would like to get married and spend our lives together. We are absolutely serious, and provided the chance to marry and bring her to the states, would be the happiest day of our lives. Please, anything that may help us would be greatly appreciated. Also is her being 18 and me being 26 another reason for concern? i have seen things about age differences, but nothing indicating how big or small and how it effects things...

So long as you met in person after she was 18, I don't think you'll have any issues, so long as you can prove the bonafides of your relationship. The only concern I see is, sooner or later your relationship history will be brought up. Assuming you met 3 years ago, a 23 year old adult dating a 15 year old child is a big no-no in almost every state in the USA, online or otherwise.

OK OP, from this point on, start building and keeping evidence that your relationship is mingling finances, because you'll need it later for Removal of Conditions, and oft times people just forget to do it in the whirlwind of being newly married: rental agreements, joint bank accounts, joint credit cards, joint utility bills, insurance policies, etc. You'll be happy you did later! Just make yourself a file folder and start saving stuff after she gets here. :)

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

Timeline

...We met online a few years back, and it was only on christmas we discussed dating and shortly after agreed that we would like to get married and spend our lives together. We are absolutely serious, and provided the chance to marry and bring her to the states, would be the happiest day of our lives. Please, anything that may help us would be greatly appreciated. Also is her being 18 and me being 26 another reason for concern? i have seen things about age differences, but nothing indicating how big or small and how it effects things...

So long as you met in person after she was 18, I don't think you'll have any issues, so long as you can prove the bonafides of your relationship. The only concern I see is, sooner or later your relationship history will be brought up. Assuming you met 3 years ago, a 23 year old adult dating a 15 year old child is a big no-no in almost every state in the USA, online or otherwise.

we were not dating until recent, we been together three months this month. also, how can we provide bonafides for our relationship? we have true intent, we just are unsure of what we can exactly do to prove so.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

my new concerns are regarding the fact that we will only have met once before filing, and it will be from may 6th, till may 17th, will this one meeting be a red flag or a cause of concern to the london consulate when she goes in for her interview?

No

iv seen posts elsewhere of people being denied due to to short of a visit,

No, where did you see this?

only meeting once,

No, where did you read this?

or because they wernt able to convince the consulate officer of a bonafide relationship.

Yes, it happens.

do we have reason to be concerned and what can we do?

No, purposefully generate all kinds of evidences. Content is key.

Also is her being 18 and me being 26 another reason for concern?

No

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

we were not dating until recent, we been together three months this month. also, how can we provide bonafides for our relationship? we have true intent, we just are unsure of what we can exactly do to prove so.

You want to gather evidence of a continuing relationship. Evidence includes but is not limited to: texts, emails, chat logs, phone bill records, gift receipts, vacation receipts (like hotels, restaurants, shops in her country), photos (especially photos including you and her together with friends and family), airline tickets, and passport stamps. Note the underlined examples as strong evidence of "face time"/meeting her face to face. The more face time you have with her, the better your relationship looks as "bonfide." Face time together is especially important for cases where the fiance comes from a difficult/high fraud country.

Good luck!

My hubby then fiance met for a week in New Orleans after talking online for a couple months, we were just friends and by the end of that 7 days together I knew he was the one. I went to the UK to meet his family and spent Valentine's Day together. We didn't have much evidence, just hotel receipts, airplane stubs and stamps in our passports, plus a ton of photos. I feel that if you stay truthful and honest that what you have is genuine that will be the best proof. London is a very easy consulate. Don't stress too much :)

Timeline

My hubby then fiance met for a week in New Orleans after talking online for a couple months, we were just friends and by the end of that 7 days together I knew he was the one. I went to the UK to meet his family and spent Valentine's Day together. We didn't have much evidence, just hotel receipts, airplane stubs and stamps in our passports, plus a ton of photos. I feel that if you stay truthful and honest that what you have is genuine that will be the best proof. London is a very easy consulate. Don't stress too much :)

Thank you for this, This actually seems very similar to what me and her are going through currently which i was hoping to find something like this. We are very genuine and true in intent, but scared that something would happen to prevent us from being allowed to marry. We pray for the chance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.