AyaGareth

No criminal record from China

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiancé and I have started the K1 process but have run into a stumbling block, we lived in Shenyang China for two years and cannot get a certificate of no criminal record. Neither of us are from China and we are no longer there. We have contacted the police and embassies in Shenyang. It appears that we must be in China to get the record check but this is not possible for us. It is such a small part of the process, but without the certificate of no criminal record we fear that our application will be rejected. Does anyone know how to obtain a certificate of no criminal record from China without being present in the country? Thanks.

This is what the State Department says. If you can't come up with something from that, then Lomdon will not require it. https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/CH.html

Read what London says on this page about some are not available https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/required-documents/

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Thanks so much, this is really helpful. I am only worried because it is possible to get a certificate of no criminal record but only if you are in country. I am not sure if this is an acceptable reason to not have this document for Homeland Security.

Thanks so much, this is really helpful. I am only worried because it is possible to get a certificate of no criminal record but only if you are in country. I am not sure if this is an acceptable reason to not have this document for Homeland Security.

Knowing nothing about China, that page from Dept of State means nothing to me...PSB, certain employers. It says they are generally available and are reliable. It doesn't say not available from outside the country. Some countries say that when you have to be in the country. Document if you tried what DOS said to do.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

I know that they are not avalible from Shenyang because I have contacted the police and embassies there. I have also spoken with our previous employer and visa companies all of which said that you must be in China. Has anyone had a similar expereince?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

usually, if'n you pay a small fee,

the clerk at your last employer can get it for you.

but it needs to be translated into english, also.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: China
Timeline

My fiancé and I have started the K1 process but have run into a stumbling block, we lived in Shenyang China for two years and cannot get a certificate of no criminal record. Neither of us are from China and we are no longer there. We have contacted the police and embassies in Shenyang. It appears that we must be in China to get the record check but this is not possible for us. It is such a small part of the process, but without the certificate of no criminal record we fear that our application will be rejected. Does anyone know how to obtain a certificate of no criminal record from China without being present in the country? Thanks.

In Beijing, you can get it without being in Beijing itself. Someone can go with the copies of your passports etc and get it.

Do not know for Shenyang.

2016/01/01 - AOS & IV Fee Paid

2016/01/08 - CEAC payment status changed to 'PAID'

2016/01/15 - DS-260 Submitted

2016/01/26 - AOS/Financial & Supporting documents submitted by Email (EP)

2016/01/27 - Scan date

2016/01/29 - New 'GZO' case number assigned

2016/01/29 - NVC asked to resubmit two PDF files that were 'secured'

2016/01/29 - Resubmitted two PDF docs

2016/01/29 - 2nd Scan date

2016/02/25 - Case complete!! (found out by calling on 2016/03/02; No 3 N/A's on CEAC)

2016/03/28 - P4 received/ Interview scheduled

2016/04/27 - Medical exam + Vaccine

2016/05/05 - Got my medical report

I worked in China for two years and I wasn't in the country when I got my no criminal record, I couldn't get anyone from my previous employment to get it for me so I searched VJ for something. I ended up using a service that was highly recommended by other members of VJ.

http://www.visainchina.com/nocriminal.htm

This is the service I used. The service was impeccable and they are very easy to deal with. Pricing was reasonable considering the alternative of returning to China to get it myself. They were quick and efficient. I had my report with translations and notarized certificate within 4 weeks of sending them my application.

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

Timeline

I worked in China for two years and I wasn't in the country when I got my no criminal record, I couldn't get anyone from my previous employment to get it for me so I searched VJ for something. I ended up using a service that was highly recommended by other members of VJ.

http://www.visainchina.com/nocriminal.htm

This is the service I used. The service was impeccable and they are very easy to deal with. Pricing was reasonable considering the alternative of returning to China to get it myself. They were quick and efficient. I had my report with translations and notarized certificate within 4 weeks of sending them my application.

We looked into this company and it says on the website

"Notice: For foreign country passport holder( not including HK/Macau/Taiwan citizen), you need to have at least 1 working or family or study visa issued in shanghai before."

Did you have your visa through Shanghai? It seems they can't help us but this seems too ridiculous! Thanks for any advice!

We looked into this company and it says on the website

"Notice: For foreign country passport holder( not including HK/Macau/Taiwan citizen), you need to have at least 1 working or family or study visa issued in shanghai before."

Did you have your visa through Shanghai? It seems they can't help us but this seems too ridiculous! Thanks for any advice!

No. I got my visa through the Chinese embassy in the U.K. All my paperwork went through Beijing. Did you have a valid work or study visa? I'm pretty sure it needs to be one of those to get a no criminal record. If it's a tourist visa or temporary one they don't issue them for those.

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Timeline

No my finace had a Z visa through Nanjing and Shenyang But the website explicitly says you must go through Shanghai...

They sent us this email as well:

Hi:I’m afraid we cannot help you since you never had a residence permitissued from Shanghai before, sorry!Thanks and Best Regards!Elva YangExpat Health Insurance | China Visa Services | Incoming Tax Service |China Police ClearanceAdd: Room 820, No. 555 Wuding Rd (near North Shaanxi Rd)Shanghai,200041,ChinaTel: 021-51699039 ext 8007Website: http://www.visainchina.comEmail: yangjie@visainchina.com

I don't know what to do, Its a lot of money time and effort for my fiance to fly back to Shenayng. We have everything else.

No my finace had a Z visa through Nanjing and Shenyang But the website explicitly says you must go through Shanghai...

They sent us this email as well:

Hi:

Im afraid we cannot help you since you never had a residence permit
issued from Shanghai before, sorry!

Thanks and Best Regards!

Elva Yang
Expat Health Insurance | China Visa Services | Incoming Tax Service |
China Police Clearance
Add: Room 820, No. 555 Wuding Rd (near North Shaanxi Rd)
Shanghai,200041,China
Tel: 021-51699039 ext 8007
Email: yangjie@visainchina.com 
I don't know what to do, Its a lot of money time and effort for my fiance to fly back to Shenayng. We have everything else.

I see. Sorry about that. All I can think of is if you exhaust every other possible way of obtaining it and still can't just document every attempt and try that with the embassy. Is there no way to get her previous employer to maybe write a statement saying they could not obtain a no criminal record or better yet obtain one for her?

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

Timeline

We cannot get the record the record check in Shenyang through a representative we have checked. All of the Visa companies have been unable to help us and I have already contacted the Chinese embassy in the US, The American embassy in Shenyang and the UK embassy in Beijing. I don't know what else to do. Thanks for your advice, it's so nice to have this support but such a frustrating process!

We cannot get the record the record check in Shenyang through a representative we have checked. All of the Visa companies have been unable to help us and I have already contacted the Chinese embassy in the US, The American embassy in Shenyang and the UK embassy in Beijing. I don't know what else to do. Thanks for your advice, it's so nice to have this support but such a frustrating process!

I would just go to the interview with the UK certificate. If the interviewer asks about the China one, show him a time log of every attempt you made to get one and any emails you have exchanged. I had a VJ friend who got a visa in London without her birth certificate by showing every resource she tried.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

• 3 years later...

My wife is from Ghana, I am from the USA, and I want to bring her home. She recently had her Spouse Visa Interview and was told she needs to obtain a Police Report or Certificate of No Criminal Convictions, from China, before they can issue her the USA Visa. She lived in China 5 years ago, but has been back in Ghana ever since. We found no useful information online, on how to obtain this Police Report, and from what I understand you can only get this Police Report if you are in China or if you know someone in China who can get it on your behalf. My wife no longer has contacts in China. Is there another way around this?!? What can we do? We are stuck on what to do. Any useful tips will be greatly appreciated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.