Joe2016

what will happen for the muslims green card holders if US ban muslims !?

98 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I was using antisemitism as an umbrella as it involves both jews and our immigrants from mainly muslim countries.

Anti semitism is something Muslims (and other) do to Jews.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

No, I don't believe you do. The point of voting is to make a point with your vote, otherwise what are you voting for? Personality or likability?

The term anti-semitism as used in American English doesn't really mean that, so perhaps it would be best to clarify. A lot of Muslims are not semitic peoples, so it can be confusing to put them under that umbrella.

He has previously stated that he is just fine with some legal immigration. His views on it echo a lot of what I have heard in Denmark regarding immigration. Perhaps Sweden should have followed Denmark's lead sooner before they allowed in more than they could handle.

That "ancestors were immigrants" thing is so trite. Americans as a whole are still just fine with immigration as long as people are legal, vetted, and aren't being allowed in in the kind of numbers that would displace current American workers from their jobs. I think many of us are very well aware of our immigrant past, I don't have a single grandparent who was a natural born American and my father is a foreigner. Doesn't mean I believe we need to open the floodgates to everyone.

Don't even begin to think that I'm a Trump supporter, both my husband and I support Bernie and I am a delegate for him, but I think you greatly misunderstand the issues at hand and like many Swedes, are blind to what your self-loathing politicians do to your own country and by a terrible side effect, Denmark.

You clearly do not know what you're talking about. I'm just going to leave it at that.

I don't believe any president could ban a certain group of people (no matter for what reason) without people revolting. There is also a checks and balance system in place, and hopefully the decision would be overturned. Personally I think Trump is all talk and all show, and will never actually take action (or be voted in as president).

I don't believe any president could ban a certain group of people (no matter for what reason) without people revolting. There is also a checks and balance system in place, and hopefully the decision would be overturned. Personally I think Trump is all talk and all show, and will never actually take action (or be voted in as president).

History does not back up your view. Japanese internment during WWII and Chinese Exclusion Act are a couple fine examples.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

History does not back up your view. Japanese internment during WWII and Chinese Exclusion Act are a couple fine examples.

They still ask if you are a member of the Nazi party.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On a smaller scale, but still relevant and more recent. Jimmy Carter banned all Iranians from entering the US during the Iran hostage crisis.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Yeah and that is as smart as the "are you a terrorist?" questions on the visa and ESTA applications...

They might seem to be stupid, but they are actually very smart. If a person is a terrorist, and says "NO" in the form, in case it is proved he is a terrorist, then he can be deported from the USA and banned just for lying in the immigration form - no need for the further legal procedures.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Georgia

Marriage: 2015-01-11

I-130 Sent : 2015-07-10 - sent from abroad, auto-expedite

I-130 NOA1 : 2015-07-14

I-130 Approved : 2015-08-13 (30 days)

:dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

Received by NVC: 2015-09-02 (in 20 days after the approval) - no email notification, info obtained over the phone

Case # assigned: 2015-09-10 (in 8 days after the case was received) - no email notification, info obtained over the phone

DS-261 filled: 2015-09-14

AoS fee paid: 2015-09-15

DS-261 reviewed over the phone:2015-09-17

Agent registration email: 2015-09-18

IV fee available: 2015-09-18

IV fee paid: 2015-09-22

IV fee showed paid: 2015-09-23 right before the end of the working day at NVC - at almost midnight EST.

AoS and IV package received: 2015-09-23

DS-260 filled out 2015-09-24

Scan date: 2015-09-24

Now let's get some patience for 3 weeks and hope CC will come without any delays :luv:

Case complete: 2015-10-21 (27 days)

Interview date issued: 2015-10-23

Received by the embassy: 2015-11-12

Interview date: 2015-12-02 (Request to reschedule for the earlier time denied.)

Approved!!!

Visa issued: 2015-12-07

Visa in hand: 2015-12-07

US entry: 2015-12-11

Social Security card arrived only after the visit to SS office, on 01/20

Green Card arrived: 2016-01-27

From NOA-1 to the interview - 141 days (4 months and 18 days)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

They might seem to be stupid, but they are actually very smart. If a person is a terrorist, and says "NO" in the form, in case it is proved he is a terrorist, then he can be deported from the USA and banned just for lying in the immigration form - no need for the further legal procedures.

And how helpful would that be if this person has done a suicide bombing?

And how helpful would that be if this person has done a suicide bombing?

they can deport his pieces then

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Do you know what happens to the body that is being blown up by a bomb? Most likely there won't be anything to deport anywhere.

that was meant to be a joke.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Muslims aren't going to be banned.

One of the reasons to support trump is to simply keep Hillary out, knowing that most of what he says is never going to happen. It would be interesting to see a guy hated by both sides of the aisle try and do anything. I think he would be constantly stymied.

Imo the only way a president can destroy America is by getting it into a war it shouldn't enter. All the social stuff requires consent if not of the people at least of congress and trump will never get it.

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Muslims aren't going to be banned.

One of the reasons to support trump is to simply keep Hillary out, knowing that most of what he says is never going to happen. It would be interesting to see a guy hated by both sides of the aisle try and do anything. I think he would be constantly stymied.

Imo the only way a president can destroy America is by getting it into a war it shouldn't enter. All the social stuff requires consent if not of the people at least of congress and trump will never get it.

Hillary can't hurt the US as much as Trump.

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Hillary can't hurt the US as much as Trump.

That is debatable. The majority of republicans and a very meaningful number of democrats have finally realized how little power they have, how little the government cares about them, how futile their voice is against the money of the oligarchs. Trump supporters hate the status quo and sanders supporters do as well. They come at it from different sides but they share some of the same realizations.

Good luck!

Timeline

That is debatable. The majority of republicans and a very meaningful number of democrats have finally realized how little power they have, how little the government cares about them, how futile their voice is against the money of the oligarchs. Trump supporters hate the status quo and sanders supporters do as well. They come at it from different sides but they share some of the same realizations.

Agree