Joe2016

what will happen for the muslims green card holders if US ban muslims !?

98 posts in this topic

Been a while then.

I suppose i should eventually learn this carp

We've had 3 2-term presidents in a row since Bush Sr (he technically isn't Bush Sr. because the two George Bush's have different middle names, Herbert for the father and Walker for the son, but it's much easier to just say Bush Sr), Clinton, George W. Bush and Obama.

Edited by Teddy B

Yeah i knew those three were two term, but Bush sr was in office when I was in elementary school so I'd forgotten. Obviously i didnt pay much attention then. I couldn't even tell you all the prime ministers.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Yeah i knew those three were two term, but Bush sr was in office when I was in elementary school so I'd forgotten. Obviously i didnt pay much attention then. I couldn't even tell you all the prime ministers.

First president I voted for was Reagan for his second term in 1984. I was 17 and missed the age eligibility by one year on his first go around in 1981.

I don't know the name of the current Prime Minister who just won, but wifey and her friends tell me he's young and hot. :lol:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Where did you get the idea that the dems are broken? They have been stronger in the last 8 years or so since back in the 1990's when the other Clinton was in office. The dems are a very strong party in the US and will remain that way for quite some time to come. It is the republican party that is down & out, they've been taking on water for some time now and are in danger of sinking altogether. They have been lacking the support to win a national election and need to change their ways. The republicans need help and fast.

from this site

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/02/29/republicans-are-voting-more-than-democrats-in-2016-will-that-matter-in-november/

apparently the number of dem voter turnout in the primaries have fallen :(

Trudeau. Son of the other prime minister Trudeau.

First prime minister i remember hearing about was Mulroney who was in office forever and created GST. I remember this because I went to buy $1 worth of candy and had to put some back so I could pay the tax.

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

First president I voted for was Reagan for his second term in 1984. I was 17 and missed the age eligibility by one year on his first go around in 1981.

I don't know the name of the current Prime Minister who just won, but wifey and her friends tell me he's young and hot. :lol:

I could first vote during the midterm election of Carter.

That's what my wife says about the Canadian Prime Minister also. Although I would bet she can't say his name either

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

There is nothing in that article that suggests the democratic party is broken. The article simply states that the republican party is energized and having larger voter turnouts in the primaries. The article even states that they are not sure if that means anything for the general election in Nov.

That's what my wife says about the Canadian Prime Minister also. Although I would bet she can't say his name either

Well howdy old timer. :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I suppose i should eventually learn this carp

Official VJ study guide:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/382775-mrs-t-b-the-citizenship-test/

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Well howdy old timer. :lol:

Yep, and I swear I have no idea how I got this old. Now every day at work I just look forward to retirement :rofl:

My favorite from my wife studying was when the Autocorrect on my phone changed Franken to Frankenstein, and my wife didn't see my follow up test. Name one senator? Al Frankenstein was her reply :rofl:

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Haha maybe not. Try it!

Yep, and I swear I have no idea how I got this old. Now every day at work I just look forward to retirement :rofl:

My favorite from my wife studying was when the Autocorrect on my phone changed Franken to Frankenstein, and my wife didn't see my follow up test. Name one senator? Al Frankenstein was her reply :rofl:

I'm starting to be that way about retirement now too.

That's funny about your wife and Al Frankenstein.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

A lot of the reason that Jews (I am assuming you mean the common usage of anti-semitic rather than the dictionary usage) would have anything to fear in Sweden is because of the super liberal voters, government, and media not understanding that other humans are simply not as progressive and good natured as they are. As the mother of a child who is part Jewish, I find the rampant anti-semitism caused by immigrants in Europe frightening and disgusting.

If you are also including most Middle Easterners in that umbrella, then, well, you have a natural reaction to a culture that feels challenged by too much mass immigration in too short of a time. America deals much better with these things than Scandinavia.

I find your comparison of the two very different issues concerning, I can't really see the comparison of Trump, who himself is married to a foreigner, to something like Dansk Folkeparti (which is where I am assuming you are going with this), and that overall relationship to anti-semitism. I don't know anything about the politics of Sweden, but if there is a similar political party, I don't question that the voters supporting it might be largely in favor of protecting the cultural fabric of Scandinavia and keeping their unique cultures alive. Again, an unrelated issue to American immigration as America is by nature multi-cultural.

My voting concerns respecting democratic ideals, something someone from a monarchy might have trouble grasping, but we are not a monarchy nor an oligarchy and it is the voting public's duty to protect that.

I want to address what I've highlighted in bold first... Just because Sweden is a monarchy it doesn't mean the Royal family is leading the country. So no, I grasp the "concept" perfectly fine.

I was using antisemitism as an umbrella as it involves both jews and our immigrants from mainly muslim countries.

And when it comes to Trump: for being a man with a wife who's an immigrant, he's not that into immigrants, legal or illegal. With some minor exceptions.

And sure, America is pretty good at welcoming immigrants as it's multi-cultural but that only goes to an extent as so many Americans seems to have forgotten that their ancestors where from another country other than America.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I want to address what I've highlighted in bold first... Just because Sweden is a monarchy it doesn't mean the Royal family is leading the country. So no, I grasp the "concept" perfectly fine.

I was using antisemitism as an umbrella as it involves both jews and our immigrants from mainly muslim countries.

And when it comes to Trump: for being a man with a wife who's an immigrant, he's not that into immigrants, legal or illegal. With some minor exceptions.

And sure, America is pretty good at welcoming immigrants as it's multi-cultural but that only goes to an extent as so many Americans seems to have forgotten that their ancestors where from another country other than America.

No, I don't believe you do. The point of voting is to make a point with your vote, otherwise what are you voting for? Personality or likability?

The term anti-semitism as used in American English doesn't really mean that, so perhaps it would be best to clarify. A lot of Muslims are not semitic peoples, so it can be confusing to put them under that umbrella.

He has previously stated that he is just fine with some legal immigration. His views on it echo a lot of what I have heard in Denmark regarding immigration. Perhaps Sweden should have followed Denmark's lead sooner before they allowed in more than they could handle.

That "ancestors were immigrants" thing is so trite. Americans as a whole are still just fine with immigration as long as people are legal, vetted, and aren't being allowed in in the kind of numbers that would displace current American workers from their jobs. I think many of us are very well aware of our immigrant past, I don't have a single grandparent who was a natural born American and my father is a foreigner. Doesn't mean I believe we need to open the floodgates to everyone.

Don't even begin to think that I'm a Trump supporter, both my husband and I support Bernie and I am a delegate for him, but I think you greatly misunderstand the issues at hand and like many Swedes, are blind to what your self-loathing politicians do to your own country and by a terrible side effect, Denmark.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

If their ancestors didn't kill a native to take this land, then they're not a real American. You mean that kind of thinking? While it exists, they are vocal but not a majority.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016