Joe2016

what will happen for the muslims green card holders if US ban muslims !?

98 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Voting for someone just make a point about something rarely works out. That's what is happening in Sweden right now and the country is slowly becoming more and more anti semitic. I hope Bernie gets the nomination.

A lot of the reason that Jews (I am assuming you mean the common usage of anti-semitic rather than the dictionary usage) would have anything to fear in Sweden is because of the super liberal voters, government, and media not understanding that other humans are simply not as progressive and good natured as they are. As the mother of a child who is part Jewish, I find the rampant anti-semitism caused by immigrants in Europe frightening and disgusting.

If you are also including most Middle Easterners in that umbrella, then, well, you have a natural reaction to a culture that feels challenged by too much mass immigration in too short of a time. America deals much better with these things than Scandinavia.

I find your comparison of the two very different issues concerning, I can't really see the comparison of Trump, who himself is married to a foreigner, to something like Dansk Folkeparti (which is where I am assuming you are going with this), and that overall relationship to anti-semitism. I don't know anything about the politics of Sweden, but if there is a similar political party, I don't question that the voters supporting it might be largely in favor of protecting the cultural fabric of Scandinavia and keeping their unique cultures alive. Again, an unrelated issue to American immigration as America is by nature multi-cultural.

My voting concerns respecting democratic ideals, something someone from a monarchy might have trouble grasping, but we are not a monarchy nor an oligarchy and it is the voting public's duty to protect that.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Trump is a moron. Im pretty sure the US citizens as a whole wont allow Trump to become president. At some point it'll stop being funny.

Sadly, the democrats are so broken that the "american dream" of trump becoming a president could be a reality. THe other day i hear two people in a conversation - which goes like...

Man 1 - If bernie doesnt win the primaries, i aint voting for no woman to be my president.

Man 2 - I know. I'd rather vote for trump than for Hillary!!!

Now that's how scary things are here!!!

I hope what i heard would never come true!. I though India was forever in the grips of idiotic political leaders. Sad to know the american populace is going to make America...just like India!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Voting for someone just make a point about something rarely works out. That's what is happening in Sweden right now and the country is slowly becoming more and more anti semitic. I hope Bernie gets the nomination.

The Malmo effect. Sounds pretty nasty there.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Before anyone gets in a tizzy that I'd vote for anyone against Hillary, my state is blue, so the vote is a throwaway.

3/26/18 Biometrics

Before anyone gets in a tizzy that I'd vote for anyone against Hillary, my state is blue, so the vote is a throwaway.

The only state that went for Mondale, is how Blue it is. My district is decidedly Red. Even the school district voted to allow discrimination against gays and non christians. Of course that was only to protect Christians from the war against Christianity.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

The only state that went for Mondale, is how Blue it is. My district is decidedly Red. Even the school district voted to allow discrimination against gays and non christians. Of course that was only to protect Christians from the war against Christianity.

He was a Minnesotan after all.

My county is also like that, I think there were multiple times as many Republicans as Democrats at the caucuses and I am assaulted by no less than 5 different pro-life and pro-Jesus billboards just trying to get some groceries.

3/26/18 Biometrics

Sadly, the democrats are so broken that the "american dream" of trump becoming a president could be a reality. THe other day i hear two people in a conversation - which goes like...

Man 1 - If bernie doesnt win the primaries, i aint voting for no woman to be my president.

Man 2 - I know. I'd rather vote for trump than for Hillary!!!

Now that's how scary things are here!!!

I hope what i heard would never come true!. I though India was forever in the grips of idiotic political leaders. Sad to know the american populace is going to make America...just like India!

Where did you get the idea that the dems are broken? They have been stronger in the last 8 years or so since back in the 1990's when the other Clinton was in office. The dems are a very strong party in the US and will remain that way for quite some time to come. It is the republican party that is down & out, they've been taking on water for some time now and are in danger of sinking altogether. They have been lacking the support to win a national election and need to change their ways. The republicans need help and fast.

Where did you get the idea that the dems are broken? They have been stronger in the last 8 years or so since back in the 1990's when the other Clinton was in office. The dems are a very strong party in the US and will remain that way for quite some time to come. It is the republican party that is down & out, they've been taking on water for some time now and are in danger of sinking altogether. They have been lacking the support to win a national election and need to change their ways. The republicans need help and fast.

Sounds to me like a typical right reaction. You say something about their party or candidates and the knee jerk response is to throw it right back. Refusal to see their own problems is a big part of their problem. Not that the left doesn't have a bit of the refusal to see their own problems too, but they generally do not play the "No you are, but what am I", schoolyard game.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Most of the American people I met here in the US who talks about politics doesn't know anything about other countries or even their location on the map. They talk about sending the troops and to get in a war and USA will win for sure. When I start to tell them about the economical consequences and the cost of war, they will never understand that. Unfortunately they are not educated when it comes to the rest of the world. I believe that most of what Obama did in office from 2008 till 2017 was the best to be done within this time period and what was going in the world.

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

Sounds to me like a typical right reaction. You say something about their party or candidates and the knee jerk response is to throw it right back. Refusal to see their own problems is a big part of their problem. Not that the left doesn't have a bit of the refusal to see their own problems too, but they generally do not play the "No you are, but what am I", schoolyard game.

The republican party is split between the hard line conservative Tea Party and the mainstream conservatives that lean closer to the middle. That is a huge problem for them. In order to win the republican nomination a candidate needs to come across as more conservative. But when it comes time for the national election, that same candidate who just spent two years running on a strictly conservative platform must now flip the switch and become moderately conservative to win the independent votes. Most Independents see right through this act and simply stay away.

I will say that Trump seems to be an anomoly, he really isn't a hardline conservative but is still winning heavily. His own party is trying to oust him and I doubt he has enough support to win nationally. But going up against Hillary, who has her share of haters, should be interesting.

The republican party is split between the hard line conservative Tea Party and the mainstream conservatives that lean closer to the middle. That is a huge problem for them. In order to win the republican nomination a candidate needs to come across as more conservative. But when it comes time for the national election, that same candidate who just spent two years running on a strictly conservative platform must now flip the switch and become moderately conservative to win the independent votes. Most Independents see right through this act and simply stay away.

I will say that Trump seems to be an anomoly, he really isn't a hardline conservative but is still winning heavily. His own party is trying to oust him and I doubt he has enough support to win nationally. But going up against Hillary, who has her share of haters, should be interesting.

I see the Republican party as a bit more split than that. The party elite, the evangelicals, and Tea Party. The party elite gladly took on the evangelicals for their votes, even if they tended to have very narrow concerns, Pro-life, war on Christians, down with gays. They could pander to their desires yet push their own agenda once in office. The Tea Party came along and started pushing a more radical agenda. Much of it fueled by anger. I know it started out pushing fiscal responsibility, but it has long since abandoned that ideal in favor of what I see as mainly hate and anger. The elite likes those votes to begin with, when it was more fiscal responsibility, but now they have no idea what to do with this segment of the party. Its all hate and anger, feed it and they will vote for you. But when they put their own candidates in office, nothing gets done in Washington. The elite see this, they see them backing a guy who isn't really a republican. But Trump is feeding this hate and anger and they're coming out of the closet to vote for him. He claims he's recreating the Republican party, but what is he recreating it into? He has no specific proposals other than anger, but its gonna be great, and the angry sheep are marching along with him.

And you're right about the democrats, they're pushing Hillary who is likely the least electable candidate they could come up with. But this has long been my complaint about democrats, they tend to give the nod to the person who's turn it is, and not the best candidate.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

I see the Republican party as a bit more split than that. The party elite, the evangelicals, and Tea Party. The party elite gladly took on the evangelicals for their votes, even if they tended to have very narrow concerns, Pro-life, war on Christians, down with gays. They could pander to their desires yet push their own agenda once in office. The Tea Party came along and started pushing a more radical agenda. Much of it fueled by anger. I know it started out pushing fiscal responsibility, but it has long since abandoned that ideal in favor of what I see as mainly hate and anger. The elite likes those votes to begin with, when it was more fiscal responsibility, but now they have no idea what to do with this segment of the party. Its all hate and anger, feed it and they will vote for you. But when they put their own candidates in office, nothing gets done in Washington. The elite see this, they see them backing a guy who isn't really a republican. But Trump is feeding this hate and anger and they're coming out of the closet to vote for him. He claims he's recreating the Republican party, but what is he recreating it into? He has no specific proposals other than anger, but its gonna be great, and the angry sheep are marching along with him.

And you're right about the democrats, they're pushing Hillary who is likely the least electable candidate they could come up with. But this has long been my complaint about democrats, they tend to give the nod to the person who's turn it is, and not the best candidate.

I agree with your assessment including the evangelicals, but I do think their numbers are shrinking and a good chunk of them are Tea Party members.

The last part of your post, just goes to show the trouble that the republicans are in. The dems can put out a not so great candidate and still beat anything the republicans can throw at them. They did it with Obama twice. I don't think Obama was the strongest choice for his first go around, I thought Hillary was the stronger nationwide candidate, but Obama still defeated the republicans on the national level twice even after his popularity dipped the second time around.