dave2u

assets instead of income tax returns k-1

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i was reading that the embassy in manila doesnt even care to look at assets instead of w-2s and then was reading in other places that you can use assets such as a house that is not your primary residence and then in others say you can only use your primary home i am forsure confused about what is allowed and what isn't allowed and if they care about the assets or can denie your asstes i am worried about this also. using my assetes i am retired disabled with my SSD now that is not enough but i do own 3 houses in the state of florida i was told that i can only use the house that i live in by someone and that house has to be 125% pf poverty level and i believe it would then have to be worth 100,000 us dollar and that is no problem as it is valued at 235,000-250,00 my other 2 houses are combines worth is around 300,00us my SSD is 850.00 and i do own 6 cars and have a very intense gold collection and i do show i have at least over 10,000us dollars in checking i am wondering if i would have any problems because i do not do taxes because i do not work and i buy these houses as the value has been almost double in the past 3 years and will sell at the top of market im just wondering if they can say no to my assets

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Acceptance of assets is at the discretion of the consular officer doing the interview. That being said it sounds like you have more than enough to meet the requirement.

Look at the I-864 FAQ link in my signature below to learn about asset valuation guidelines, etc. These are the criteria used with an I-134 in support of a K1 petition as well.

Primary house is often not accepted. Investment properties are better. Primary driver car can't be used. Others may be used.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

They can say no to income or assets. The CO is making a decision about whether or not they believe the foreign fiance(e) will become a public charge once in the US.

Assets are used at 3 to 5 times the 125% income amount. So, if you make $850 a month, then you are short by about $10k. You would need $30-50k in assets at a bare minimum.

If you own more than one house, then that is good, as assets need to be liquefied without undue hardship to the sponsor. Selling your only home at that value and having such a low income would probably be a hardship since you and your new immigrant wife would have no place to live if you had to sell your only home. You would need to provide proof of ownership and appraisals to show the value of the properties, and documents to show whether or not they have liens against them.

You can use the value of cars, as long as it is not your only vehicle, again showing proof of ownership and value. You can also show proof of your savings.

I have seen many posts here on VJ stating that Manila is not currently even asking for the I-134 and financial proof, but you never know. You may get lucky. Just bring all your financial documentation with you, in case they do ask for it.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

i was reading that the embassy in manila doesnt even care to look at assets instead of w-2s and then was reading in other places that you can use assets such as a house that is not your primary residence and then in others say you can only use your primary home i am forsure confused about what is allowed and what isn't allowed and if they care about the assets or can denie your asstes i am worried about this also. using my assetes i am retired disabled with my SSD now that is not enough but i do own 3 houses in the state of florida i was told that i can only use the house that i live in by someone and that house has to be 125% pf poverty level and i believe it would then have to be worth 100,000 us dollar and that is no problem as it is valued at 235,000-250,00 my other 2 houses are combines worth is around 300,00us my SSD is 850.00 and i do own 6 cars and have a very intense gold collection and i do show i have at least over 10,000us dollars in checking i am wondering if i would have any problems because i do not do taxes because i do not work and i buy these houses as the value has been almost double in the past 3 years and will sell at the top of market im just wondering if they can say no to my assets

Need official, certified appraisals to use any assets.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know of numerous couples where assets were not accepted at USEM.

Do you rent these houses? That would be income.

Not having a tax return is not an issue if you income is except from taxes.

Over the past couple years USEM has also been sporadic in asking for the I-134 and supporting evidence. You may get luckly

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know of numerous couples where assets were not accepted at USEM.

Do you rent these houses? That would be income.

Not having a tax return is not an issue if you income is except from taxes.

Over the past couple years USEM has also been sporadic in asking for the I-134 and supporting evidence. You may get luckly

i do rent out a couple of houses but i do not claim taxes on them so i dont think i can claim them or the income i just hope with my disability check and my asstes they will be cool with it i did also read that manila does not except co sponcers but they have to if the person applying is medical disabled but i do not want to use someone i just want to qualify on my own i do have over over 500,000 in asstes alone with my 9500+ a yr for income

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

i do rent out a couple of houses but i do not claim taxes on them so i dont think i can claim them or the income i just hope with my disability check and my asstes they will be cool with it i did also read that manila does not except co sponcers but they have to if the person applying is medical disabled but i do not want to use someone i just want to qualify on my own i do have over over 500,000 in asstes alone with my 9500+ a yr for income

You have rental income but don't file a tax return ... hmm.

Now that isn't true, USEM does accept co-sponsors on a case by case basis with the K-1. Things USEM looks for with the K-1 co-sponsor is that it be a close relative - mother, father, sibling, this will improve your chances of having the co-sponsor accepted.

You should really take your question over to the Philippines forum, I requested your post be moved there but has happened yet.

Here is the Philippines forum: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.