2,297 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!

Checked my USCIS case tracker app last night and AP said "Case was approved" and EAD said "new card in production". Then this morning, EAD was changed to "case was approved". Relieved to have this bit over with and now just waiting on the documents to arrive in the mail. I-485 still reads "fingerprint fee was received".

AP/EAD approval went a quicker than I expected, but I'm obviously really pleased. Will keep everyone posted on when the cards arrive in the mail.

Thinking of those still waiting - it will happen really soon!!

I have my biometrics appointment today, will be glad to get it done and out of the way, and am also hoping that there will be SOME movement on my case. According to the tracker, it hasn't been touched since 4/2 *sigh*

Maybe after biometrics the pace will pick up, unless my package of papers is currently being used as a doorstop somewhere in Vermont! lol :clock:

Hey everyone!

Checked my USCIS case tracker app last night and AP said "Case was approved" and EAD said "new card in production". Then this morning, EAD was changed to "case was approved". Relieved to have this bit over with and now just waiting on the documents to arrive in the mail. I-485 still reads "fingerprint fee was received".

AP/EAD approval went a quicker than I expected, but I'm obviously really pleased. Will keep everyone posted on when the cards arrive in the mail.

Thinking of those still waiting - it will happen really soon!!

Congrats!!!!! :dancing:

Sent AOS Package 3/24/16

Package received 3/26/16

Email NOA received 3/30/16

Hardcopy NOA received 4/7/16

Biometrics Letter received 4/14/16

Biometrics Appointment 4/27/16

EAD Approval 8/15/16

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Man, this must be my week! I just received a notification that my interview has been scheduled for June 1st (the day before my 26th birthday)! I was hoping to have the interview waived but oh well!

Timeline

I am so happy for everyone who is moving along! But completely understand everyone else's frustration. The case tracker shows my last update on 3/8! Telling us case was received will get a letter blahhhhhh blahhhhh blah. We had biometrics on 4/11. Then nothing. I wish it would at least have an updated date or something to acknowledge that it isn't sitting in a Corning holding the door open in the mail room. Lol. I'm going crazy!

If it makes you feel any better my update was 3/1 and this week I made tons of movement so maybe something will happen with your applications next week! :)

Man, this must be my week! I just received a notification that my interview has been scheduled for June 1st (the day before my 26th birthday)! I was hoping to have the interview waived but oh well!

Awesome news!!! Congrats to you :D

Sent AOS Package 3/24/16

Package received 3/26/16

Email NOA received 3/30/16

Hardcopy NOA received 4/7/16

Biometrics Letter received 4/14/16

Biometrics Appointment 4/27/16

EAD Approval 8/15/16

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Congrats, thats a great news. Hopefully we all will get some notifications soon. Btw best of luck for the interview.

March 17th, 2016: Filled i130, i485, i765

March 18th,2016: Delivered USCIS Chicago

March 23rd,2016: Received 3 text/email with receipt #

March 24th,2016: checks cashed

Didn't receive NOA hard copy receipts in mail(not a problem,if you receive text or email)

April 8th,2016: received bio metrics for i-485 and i-765

April 14th,2016: Early walk in for bio-metrics Appointment (actual date was 18th april)

May 2nd, 2016: Received RFE for Joint Sponsor

May24th, 2016: Sent RFE back to USCIS

May 27th,2016: RFE received by USCIS

June 3rd, 2016: Request to Expedite EAD

June 6th,2016: EAD Approved

June 15th,2016: EAD received in mail

June 15th, 2016: Case status changed for i-485( case is ready to schedule to schedule for a interview)

June 23rd, 2016: Interview is scheduled for August 1st,2016.

August 1st, 2016: Got approved on GC interview

Auugust 1st 2016: case status changed for i-485 (case approved & we send you card to production)

August 4th, 2016: status changed "Card mailed to me"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi, folks!

Is it normal that the AP is approved already but no updates on EAD?

I sent my AOS and EAD on March 4th but I sent AP, exactly a month later, April 4th because I thought I didn't need it but I actually need it for next month.

I got an update today saying that AP is approved and they are sending the approval notice, but nothing on EAD and AOS (which were filed first)

Timeline

Hi, folks!

Is it normal that the AP is approved already but no updates on EAD?

I sent my AOS and EAD on March 4th but I sent AP, exactly a month later, April 4th because I thought I didn't need it but I actually need it for next month.

I got an update today saying that AP is approved and they are sending the approval notice, but nothing on EAD and AOS (which were filed first)

Yes! That happened with my case as well! I submitted them together but then I had to refile my AP because I forgot to sign it! My AP and EAD were approved a week apart from eachother. So I'll get an EAD card and a paper copy for my AP. No worries!

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for the advice!! Be glad to get it over with tomorrow, so I can get the EAD!

Yes, things here in Minneapolis are quite sad at the moment...in fact it has rained every day since he passed (weird, right?)

Wish me luck!

Leyla

Hope it all goes well at the appointment. Then onto the next phase of waiting!

It's such a shame but this year has not been a good one for some untimely famous deaths :-(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My status changed on 4/21 that my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview. But I havent received a letter yet, hopefully today or tomorrow.

Hello, i think you won't be receiving a letter, it just means that you are on queue for an interview. You will only receive one when your status changes to "Interview was scheduled".

Hubby's Timeline:

January 19, 2013 - Sent I-130

January 23, 2013 - Priority DateJuly 2013 - Approved but ineligible to adjust

March 8, 2016-sent AOS packet ( I-485, I-131, I-765)

March 10 - lockbox received packet

March 17 - notifications received

March 21 - received hardcopies of NOAs

April 1 - received biometrics appointment

April 11 - Biometrics at Buena Park

May 6 - received hardcopy of I-131 approval dated May 2

May 11 - received texts/email - AP Approved, EAD card is being produced (ordered card production April 30)

May 27 - called USCIS tier 2 - service request to reproduce crooked card that was not sent

June 8 - received texts/email/update - EAD card being mailed

June 11 - received EAD/AP combo card

August 23 - Interview is scheduled for Sept. 28

Sept 28 - AOS approved

Timeline

Quick Question

Can the EAD be approve by itself?

I mean i waiting for a RFE for the i 485 but for the EAD the status still the same

Yes, they are treated as three separate applications. They can be approved individually of one another

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats on interview date!!! Just over a month away. YaY. Does your status update still say 3/1? I keep checking mine, but if it probably won't change- I'm driving myself crazy for what?!. Haha.

If it makes you feel any better my update was 3/1 and this week I made tons of movement so maybe something will happen with your applications next week! :)

Timeline

Congrats on interview date!!! Just over a month away. YaY. Does your status update still say 3/1? I keep checking mine, but if it probably won't change- I'm driving myself crazy for what?!. Haha.

Thanks! No, when it updated this morning to "interview is scheduled" it changed to today's date!

Hang in there! It'll change eventually!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.