2,297 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

Hi, we received the letter Saturday the 23rd of April. His biometrics was done on the 8th of April. The letter was dated about the 18th of April. Our case shows the last time being updated on March 24th.

The letter wasn't an RFE, but just stating that we didn't submit the medical Form and we will eventually have to do so, by either turning in at interview or by responding to an RFE by sending form in then- if we get waived for an interview. So, I continue to check throughout the day on the website to see if there are any updates. I just am not appreciative that after paying for one medical we must pay for another. My husband isn't even able to work yet to help support us and chip in to the bill. Oh well- I pray his EAD comes ASAP at least.

Hope this has answered your questions. PM me if you would like more information.

Thank you. Well, I guess that is good and bad news and looks like if they do lose the medical and make us re-do it, at least it won't delay the EAD process. Let me know if anything progresses for you and the best of luck with the whole process. We have similar timelines and we're both in Texas (although different field office), so I'll make sure to look out for your updates.

Filed: Timeline

Good to hear!!! I have my biometrics appt on Wednesday :)

Good luck with that, I'm sure it will go smoothly. From my experience you let them get on with it, follow their instructions and you can't go wrong really. Know your height & weight before you go as they will ask for it.

Your town must be in a sombre mood right now considering the passing of a musical legend recently.

Filed: Timeline

Hey guys! So I had my biometrics in Tampa on the 22nd April - I haven't heard anything yet but I was correct in taking my original appointment letter and the questionnaire (the one that asked for height, weight, A# etc) home with me after they took my fingerprints right? I've been checking our status religiously since then but I'm worried I wasn't meant to take those forms with me - but I'm sure it would make sense for me to have my appointment letter back and the form? Sorry if its a silly question but someones answer could bring peace and sleep to my mind!

You're fine :) I also got my appointment letter and the questionnaire back with a comment that it contains personal information so I should have it.

I concur with phaedra, as it has your personal information on it they will hand it back. In fact in my case they made a point of telling me to take it with me too. Just another document to file with the ever increasing pile of paperwork we all have!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yours and my husbands timelines are very close. On the biometrics appointment letter which service center was listed? Did it come from the National Center or your local office? I will be following your timeline as well.

Thank you. Well, I guess that is good and bad news and looks like if they do lose the medical and make us re-do it, at least it won't delay the EAD process. Let me know if anything progresses for you and the best of luck with the whole process. We have similar timelines and we're both in Texas (although different field office), so I'll make sure to look out for your updates.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

Yours and my husbands timelines are very close. On the biometrics appointment letter which service center was listed? Did it come from the National Center or your local office? I will be following your timeline as well.

I just looked and it says NBC. Do you think that means anything? (At least I know who's sitting on the application, haha).

Has anyone gotten their interview notice yet?

My status changed on 4/21 that my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview. But I havent received a letter yet, hopefully today or tomorrow.

Adjustment of Status Timeline

I-485, EAD sent: 3/8/16

USPS Delivery: 3/10/16

NOA1 Email: 3/19/16

NOA1 Hard copies: 3/24/16

Biometrics letter: 4/2/16

Biometrics appointment: 4/14/16

Case ready for interview: 4/21/16

EAD "new card is being produced": 5/24/16

EAD card received: 5/28/2016

Interview has been scheduled: 9/20/16

Interview: 10/21/16

Greencard approved: 10/24/16

Greencard received: 10/29/16

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I got my AP documents yesterday and my EAD card is being produced!!! SOOOO excited!!! Does anyone know how long it usually take to receive your card?

A week or so is what I've heard!

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I hear you! We are sending our RFE response tomorrow and my goodness, I hope it's reviewed soon. My husband is going stir crazy lol.

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I got my AP yesterday and I thought that it was supposed to come as a combo card so I called USCIS today and asked what was going on with my EAD then a few hours later I checked the app and it my card was in production. I think sometimes they just need a little nudge. Good luck to your husband! I hope he hears something soon!

I hear you! We are sending our RFE response tomorrow and my goodness, I hope it's reviewed soon. My husband is going stir crazy lol.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My EAD card was mailed to me today! Yay!

My Journey

Day 00, March 14, 2016: Filed concurrently I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131 with supporting documents and appropriate fees.

Day 01, March 15, 2016: Application package received and signed for by some R. Mercado.

Day 07, March 22, 2016: Four NOA1 emails and text messages came in 12:25 AM.

Day 07, March 22, 2016: All three checks cashed.

Day 12, March 27, 2016: Hard copy NOA1s came in the mail.

Day 16, March 31, 2016: Got biometric fingerprinting notice in the mail, scheduled for April 12 at Nashville USCIS ASC.

Day 21, April 05, 2016: Filed a request with USCIS to expedite work authorization.

Day 22, April 06, 2016: Got a letter in the mail that my work authorization is in suspension because I've not done biometric.

Day 28, April 12, 2016: Did biometric at local ASC. Process took roughly ten minutes.

Day 30, April 14, 2016: Reinstated work authorization expedition.

Day 37, April 21, 2016: Got approved for EAD and Advanced Parole.

Day 41, April 25, 2016: Combo EAD and AP Card in hand.

Day 135, July 27, 2016: Interview Notice (Online Update) :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Day 166, August 26, 2016: Interview Day :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Day 166, August 26, 2016: I-485 Approved.

May God Help Me. Feedback to y'all soon!

Good luck with that, I'm sure it will go smoothly. From my experience you let them get on with it, follow their instructions and you can't go wrong really. Know your height & weight before you go as they will ask for it.

Your town must be in a sombre mood right now considering the passing of a musical legend recently.

Thanks for the advice!! Be glad to get it over with tomorrow, so I can get the EAD!

Yes, things here in Minneapolis are quite sad at the moment...in fact it has rained every day since he passed (weird, right?)

Wish me luck!

Leyla

Sent AOS Package 3/24/16

Package received 3/26/16

Email NOA received 3/30/16

Hardcopy NOA received 4/7/16

Biometrics Letter received 4/14/16

Biometrics Appointment 4/27/16

EAD Approval 8/15/16

event.png

I am so happy for everyone who is moving along! But completely understand everyone else's frustration. The case tracker shows my last update on 3/8! Telling us case was received will get a letter blahhhhhh blahhhhh blah. We had biometrics on 4/11. Then nothing. I wish it would at least have an updated date or something to acknowledge that it isn't sitting in a Corning holding the door open in the mail room. Lol. I'm going crazy!

• Married 2/9/2016
  • I485, I130, I765 + I131 Filed Concurrently
  • USPS delivery confirmation 3/7/2016
  • NOA 1 received 3/08/2016
  • Hard copies of NOA received 3/20/16
  • Early walk in Biometrics at Holtsville, NY 4/11/16
  • Ead/AP approved 4/28/16...received 6/10/16
  • Interview date 12/20/16 at Holtsville, NY... initially denied but approved later same day.
  • Text received that green card was mailed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.