2,297 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We didn't technically get an RFE yet, but we got a notice to applicant in mail stating we didn't send in his medical form. We sent DS3025- should have gotten the medical from POE.

Anyone else gotten an RFE yet? Feeling like I'm the only one of this bunch :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey everybody,

our AOS package got delivered on April, 13th to the Chicago Lockbox but we haven't received any notice yet (no text, no email,...). How long did it take for you?

On the USIC website is written it can take up to 10 days to get a notice. Now it's already 12.

Any idea what to do?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hey everybody,

our AOS package got delivered on April, 13th to the Chicago Lockbox but we haven't received any notice yet (no text, no email,...). How long did it take for you?

On the USIC website is written it can take up to 10 days to get a notice. Now it's already 12.

Any idea what to do?

It takes around 7-10 days ideally in most cases, I have seen rare instances with people getting them even after 2 weeks. As long as you have filled G-1145 form you should be getting it soon. Go through most peoples timeline here and you will get an idea.

25th March'2016- Sent out the application via UPS to Chicago.

29th March'2016- Package received. (day1)

4th April'2016- Received 4 Text SMSs and 4 E-mails from the USCIS notifying my case has been received and routed to National Benefits Center for Processing. (day 6)

5th April'2016- Checks have been cashed. (day 7)

7th April'2016- NOA received in mail . (day 9)

2nd May'2016- Received Biometric Appointment Letter(day 33)

5th May'2016- Walked In 8;30am for early Biometric Appointment( In and out in 12 minutes)(day 36)

12th May'2016- Biometric Appointment Schedule

24th May'2016- Received RFE for Form I864( Tax Returns, Pay Stubs)(day 55)

26th May'2016- Sent out the evidence for RFE (day 57)

1st June'2016- Received notification that the RFE package was received. Case status website updated (day 56)

2nd June'2016- Put in a request for Change in Address for all the 4 applications. Received Confirmation mail the same day(day 57)

6th June'2016- Address change request was completed.(day 61)

11th June'2016- Letter of Address change confirmation was received. (day 66)

23rd June'2016- Called USCIS asked to spoke a Tier 2 officer was called back on the third attempt after 8 hours and spoke about confirmation of address change. (day 78)

24th June'2016- Status change for EAD only "New Card is being produced" (day 79)

29th June'2016- Card was mailed to me at the mentioned date(day 84)

2nd July'2016- Card received in mail (day 87)

9th August'2016- Interview scheduled for September 13th(day 125)

16th August'2016- Interview cancelled.(day 132)

13th September'2016- Attended the interview and was told my file wasn't available at the local office. (Day 163 )

29th October'2016- Rescheduled the interview for December 1st. (Day 209)

1st December'2016- Judgement Day RELOADED!(Day241)

2nd December'2016- New card is being produced!(Day 242)

6th December'2016- STATUS CHANGED TO NEW CARD HAS BEEN MAILED. (Day 246)

8th December'2016- Received USPS tracking code to track my GC. Scheduled for delivery on 14th December'16.

:goofy: :goofy: 9th December'2016- Received the Green Card in Mail. :goofy: :goofy:

Waiting Patiently Waiting- Sending Good Vibes to Everyone!!! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It takes around 7-10 days ideally in most cases, I have seen rare instances with people getting them even after 2 weeks. As long as you have filled G-1145 form you should be getting it soon. Go through most peoples timeline here and you will get an idea.

We mailed on the 15, didn't hear a thing til the 28.

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Alright!! Thank you :)

We sent a cashiers check so we have no way to check if they already cashed the check.

Well..I guess we just gotta wait for a bit.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey guys! So I had my biometrics in Tampa on the 22nd April - I haven't heard anything yet but I was correct in taking my original appointment letter and the questionnaire (the one that asked for height, weight, A# etc) home with me after they took my fingerprints right? I've been checking our status religiously since then but I'm worried I wasn't meant to take those forms with me - but I'm sure it would make sense for me to have my appointment letter back and the form? Sorry if its a silly question but someones answer could bring peace and sleep to my mind!

September 26th 2009: Started Dating (L)

June 6th 2015: Engaged :wub:

June 29th: K-1 Petition Filed

July 8th: NOA1

July 30th: NOA2

August 24th: NVC Received Packet

August 28th: NVC Case number and Invoice ID Number Received

September 10th: Case READY

September 21st: Received Chinese Police Certificate

September 22nd: Scheduled Medical

September 25th: Received English Police Certificate

October 1st: Submitted Readiness form

October 2nd: MEDICAL :dead:

October 2nd: CEAC status updated to "ready"

October 7th: Received Korean Police Certificate

October 8th: CEAC status updated to "ready" (received medical results)

October 13th: CEAC status updated

November 9th: Interview / APPROVED

November 12th: Status to AP

November 13th: Status to ISSUED

November 17th: Received email from courier

November 18th: Passport Delivered

November 30th: Flying home :dance::wub::thumbs::dancing:

18 weeks from filing to entering the USA.

AOS TIMELINE:

March 25th, 2016: AOS/AP/EAD Sent off

March 29th, 2016: All forms accepted

April 5th, 2016: NOA1

April 15th, 2016: Biometrics letter received

April 22nd, 2016: Biometrics appointment

May 27th, 2016: EAD Card Produced

May 31st, 2016: AP approved

June 2nd: EAD Card mailed

June 4th: EAD/AP combo card received --- YAY :D

June 30th: GC being produced -- NO interview

July 7th: Card picked up by USPS

July 9th: GREEN CARD RECEIVED

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Has anyone gotten their interview notice yet?

3/8/16 Sent application to uscis

3/11/16 USCIS received applications

3/15/16 USCIS sent receipts

3/19/16 Got receipts in the mail

4/2/16 Got my bio appointment notice

4/11/16 Biometric appointment

8/19/16 interview has been scheduled

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

We didn't technically get an RFE yet, but we got a notice to applicant in mail stating we didn't send in his medical form. We sent DS3025- should have gotten the medical from POE.

Hi there, may I ask when you received the letter? Was it before or after the biometrics, and was it explicitly requesting you to re-do the medical? We still haven't received anything yet, and I'm just scared we will get a last minute RFE that will delay the EAD process (I reaaaaally miss work). We could not send in any medical/vaccination sheets as they forgot to give me one as part of my overseas medical and neither the doctor, nor the embassy kept copies... All civil surgeons in the area wanted to do a full medical and re-administer all the vaccines, or would have charged 250+ dollars for transcribing my vaccination info to the other form. As far as I know I received all the required vaccines and there were no issues with my medical, decided to "risk" it and hope USCIS has my records on file. I keep looking at timelines and some of those with NOA dates after us have already received RFEs, and it's been almost two weeks since our biometrics, so I'm not sure whether that's a reason to be hopeful, haha.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Alright!! Thank you :)

We sent a cashiers check so we have no way to check if they already cashed the check.

Well..I guess we just gotta wait for a bit.

I also sent cashiers checks, with G-1145.

The G-1145 was ignored, I never got any electronic notice but I got Hardcopies NOAs within the expected time (and later on, biometrics letter and appointment), so the process has happened normally regardless of e-notification.

As per the checks, I called the bank and verified the status of the checks - if they had been cleared and when.

- ~ AOS Journey ~ -
03/02/2016 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131

[Day 62] 05/03 - Received EAD/AP combo card by mail

[Day 328] 01/24/2017 - Interview for AOS

[Day 336] 02/01 - Received GC. 

- ~ ROC Journey ~ -
10/29/2018 - Sent I-751

07/02/2019 - Biometrics appointment 

08/22/2019 - ROC Approval

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys! So I had my biometrics in Tampa on the 22nd April - I haven't heard anything yet but I was correct in taking my original appointment letter and the questionnaire (the one that asked for height, weight, A# etc) home with me after they took my fingerprints right? I've been checking our status religiously since then but I'm worried I wasn't meant to take those forms with me - but I'm sure it would make sense for me to have my appointment letter back and the form? Sorry if its a silly question but someones answer could bring peace and sleep to my mind!

I double checked with the officer before leaving the ASC at the end of my biometrics appointment and I was told to take the questionnaire and original appt letter with me.

They told me that the appointment letter has a stamp with code and date, which makes it the official document as proof that I accomplished this step of the process.

- ~ AOS Journey ~ -
03/02/2016 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131

[Day 62] 05/03 - Received EAD/AP combo card by mail

[Day 328] 01/24/2017 - Interview for AOS

[Day 336] 02/01 - Received GC. 

- ~ ROC Journey ~ -
10/29/2018 - Sent I-751

07/02/2019 - Biometrics appointment 

08/22/2019 - ROC Approval

Biometrics went smoothly, St Paul office let me have a walk in (my apt was for tomorrow) as my son's appointment was today, so we did it together. :) officious folks but friendly, the lady doing mine asked me all about Ireland.

Good to hear!!! I have my biometrics appt on Wednesday :)

Sent AOS Package 3/24/16

Package received 3/26/16

Email NOA received 3/30/16

Hardcopy NOA received 4/7/16

Biometrics Letter received 4/14/16

Biometrics Appointment 4/27/16

EAD Approval 8/15/16

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We got ours back but stamped with the date and time completed

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi, we received the letter Saturday the 23rd of April. His biometrics was done on the 8th of April. The letter was dated about the 18th of April. Our case shows the last time being updated on March 24th.

The letter wasn't an RFE, but just stating that we didn't submit the medical Form and we will eventually have to do so, by either turning in at interview or by responding to an RFE by sending form in then- if we get waived for an interview. So, I continue to check throughout the day on the website to see if there are any updates. I just am not appreciative that after paying for one medical we must pay for another. My husband isn't even able to work yet to help support us and chip in to the bill. Oh well- I pray his EAD comes ASAP at least.

Hope this has answered your questions. PM me if you would like more information.

Hi there, may I ask when you received the letter? Was it before or after the biometrics, and was it explicitly requesting you to re-do the medical? We still haven't received anything yet, and I'm just scared we will get a last minute RFE that will delay the EAD process (I reaaaaally miss work). We could not send in any medical/vaccination sheets as they forgot to give me one as part of my overseas medical and neither the doctor, nor the embassy kept copies... All civil surgeons in the area wanted to do a full medical and re-administer all the vaccines, or would have charged 250+ dollars for transcribing my vaccination info to the other form. As far as I know I received all the required vaccines and there were no issues with my medical, decided to "risk" it and hope USCIS has my records on file. I keep looking at timelines and some of those with NOA dates after us have already received RFEs, and it's been almost two weeks since our biometrics, so I'm not sure whether that's a reason to be hopeful, haha.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

I'm checking my timeline and it seems like everyone that fileday around the same time as me have gotten their biometrica letter and are in the process of completing their appt. ND I still haven't received anything..NOA1 was 3/28

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.