2,297 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
10 hours ago, Sticky said:

We got the card in the mail yesterday!!  Nothing ever updated after case was approved. I have thanked god 9998,776558 times today!! And and sending prayers out for all my fellow vj's waiting for an answer. 

Congratulations ? 

13 hours ago, Sticky said:

We got the card in the mail yesterday!!  Nothing ever updated after case was approved. I have thanked god 9998,776558 times today!! And and sending prayers out for all my fellow vj's waiting for an answer. 

Congrats :)

can you please share your experience of interview? what kind of questions they asked you?

11 hours ago, fort knox said:

Congrats :)

can you please share your experience of interview? what kind of questions they asked you?

She asked very few questions. We were never separated. She asked for updated copies of original proof of relationship we submitted. I gave current utilities, health insurance, car insurance, letters from both our kids school with both of us listed as the contacts. She asked for a current lease because ours expired in September. We didn't have one and I explained that we were trying not to renew the lease because we plan to buy a house once his credit is more established. She asked for proof that he is employed since receiving his ead. We showed his business certificate for Autobody company he has started. She looked through a scrapbook I had brought with us and asked about a few of the pics. Then read the questions word for word from the application for him to answer( the ones about arrests, affiliations, and such.). It was a lot less than I expected. I was quizzing him for months on family maiden names, favorite foods etc and none of that came up at all. 

• Married 2/9/2016
  • I485, I130, I765 + I131 Filed Concurrently
  • USPS delivery confirmation 3/7/2016
  • NOA 1 received 3/08/2016
  • Hard copies of NOA received 3/20/16
  • Early walk in Biometrics at Holtsville, NY 4/11/16
  • Ead/AP approved 4/28/16...received 6/10/16
  • Interview date 12/20/16 at Holtsville, NY... initially denied but approved later same day.
  • Text received that green card was mailed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
On 12/30/2016 at 10:34 PM, Sticky said:

Congrats!

Happy New Year Everyone

came across this article on understanding the processing times of uscis. Hopefully we all can find something useful in this, it kinda lowered my anxiety but still frustrated. Keep reading: https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org/research/uscis-data-application-and-petition-processing-times

On 12/31/2016 at 10:08 PM, Sticky said:

She asked very few questions. We were never separated. She asked for updated copies of original proof of relationship we submitted. I gave current utilities, health insurance, car insurance, letters from both our kids school with both of us listed as the contacts. She asked for a current lease because ours expired in September. We didn't have one and I explained that we were trying not to renew the lease because we plan to buy a house once his credit is more established. She asked for proof that he is employed since receiving his ead. We showed his business certificate for Autobody company he has started. She looked through a scrapbook I had brought with us and asked about a few of the pics. Then read the questions word for word from the application for him to answer( the ones about arrests, affiliations, and such.). It was a lot less than I expected. I was quizzing him for months on family maiden names, favorite foods etc and none of that came up at all. 

Awesome,

It was great. How many pictures you suggest us to print for interview?

Did they ask any question to your spouse?  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
16 hours ago, newyorkaos said:

Happy New Year Everyone

came across this article on understanding the processing times of uscis. Hopefully we all can find something useful in this, it kinda lowered my anxiety but still frustrated. Keep reading: https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org/research/uscis-data-application-and-petition-processing-times

Thanks. My anxiety is up solely based on the fact that we have to renew the EAD, and I heard rumors the incoming president could literally take that right away somehow....period of authorized stay since Sessions is going to be the new attorney general I believe and that is who makes that choice. 

Sigh....it sucks we are in 2017 and no interview notice yet. 

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Iraq
Timeline

I have never talked to a tier 2 officer. I scheduled a call back like 5 days ago and i did not get a call yet. I called USCIS today at 10 Am to get a hold of an immigration officer but the agent told me that it is better to call early in the morning. How early should i call them to get a hold of tier 2 officer. and do tier 2 officers provide enough information about the case or not ? 

Local USCIS office in San Diego are working on cases of march 17 and mine was march 11. I have no idea what is going on. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, msmontader said:

I have never talked to a tier 2 officer. I scheduled a call back like 5 days ago and i did not get a call yet. I called USCIS today at 10 Am to get a hold of an immigration officer but the agent told me that it is better to call early in the morning. How early should i call them to get a hold of tier 2 officer. and do tier 2 officers provide enough information about the case or not ? 

Local USCIS office in San Diego are working on cases of march 17 and mine was march 11. I have no idea what is going on. 

You should call as soon as they open, which is 8am your local time. And have them do a request to have a tier 2 call you back....say you've been trying for days and can't reach one. Yes, they can give you as much as if you did an infopass. Odds are, based on your country flag I see, you're probably in background checks which can take over a year. That is what we found out like 2wk ago.

Edited by sparkles_

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Hello, VJ family, we're back after a wonderful trip to Taiwan to visit my husband's family! Returning from 80 degrees and t-shirt-wearing weather to -30 degree wind chills and ice has been super jarring...almost as jarring as the good cop/bad cop routine we got during two phone calls to USCIS today.

Good Cop:

My husband and I called USCIS today around 4:00 PM and spoke to what must be the nicest Tier 1 officer they have at USCIS. Seriously, this guy had such empathy for us and our case and did everything possible he could to help us. He submitted another service request for us and even included a sentence that requested information about why our case was delayed to avoid being given that stock USCIS response. Since they weren't transferring calls to Tier 2s at that time due to a high volume of calls, he recommended we call back at 10 to 6 in our time zone to see if we could be transferred at that time.

Enter Bad Cop:

We called back at 10 to 6 as recommended. A female Tier 1 answered; I didn't catch her name or officer number because she didn't enunciate well. She went through the standard questions, asked to speak to my husband to get permission to give me info, and then asked why we were calling. I said we had called earlier and were told to call back to be transferred to a Tier 2 at this time. She said she would transfer us, but first needed to know why we were calling. I told her that we filed in early March, my husband did his biometrics in mid-April, and our case has been sitting in Lee Summit, MO at the NBC since then. She shot back immediately that I was wrong and that our case is already in St. Paul because cases are automatically transferred there after biometrics. I responded, with extreme restraint I might add, that we have spoken to two Tier 2 officers in August and November, respectively, who both confirmed that our case has not been touched since April 2016 and is in the NBC. I added that our case is beyond normal processing times for St. Paul and that's when she got really nasty. She told me that, according to the USCIS processing time website, the St. Paul service center is currently processing cases from January 27, 2016 so we are not beyond normal processing times. I said that those cases were as of October 31, 2016, as the website indicated. Then she got super condescending and told me "as I've told you multiple times, ma'am, you need to scroll to the bottom of the page and will see that this page was updated on December 29, 2016." I tried to interject to ask why the page lists the October 31 date at all, but she was then basically shouting at me that I wasn't listening to her. Finally, I lost my cool and said rather emotionally, "Ma'am, you are being extremely rude. Please transfer me to a Tier 2 officer immediately." AND THEN SHE HUNG UP ON ME. 

Seriously. What the Eff. I cannot express enough how extremely upset I felt after that conversation. Not only did we not get transferred to a Tier 2 today, and not only was this woman extremely belligerent and unhelpful, she effing hung up on us. I can only pray that our call was one of those "monitored for quality assurance processes" because I do not think that her service was of quality standards. 

I welcome others to weigh in here...anyone else have an experience like this? Is there any recourse? Is it even worth our time to follow up about this? Also, was I in any way wrong about the processing times? My assumption is that if the USCIS processing times webpage for the St. Paul service center says that the center is, as of October 31, 2016,  processing cases from January 27, 2016, that is the update. Not that the center is processing Jan 27 cases as of Dec 29. If that is the case, what does the Oct 31 date even mean???? 

SO. NOT. HAPPY. 

Screen shot 2017-01-04 at 9.00.00 PM.png

Naturalization Adventure

Spoiler

[Day 000] May 18, 2020: Naturalization package accepted by USCIS

[Day 268] February 10, 2021: Interview scheduled

[Day 305 ] March 19, 2021: Approved!

[Day 309 ] March 23, 2021: Oath ceremony

ROC Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 000] April 29, 2019: ROC package accepted by USCIS

[Day 036] June 4, 2019: Biometrics taken at USCIS center in VA

[Day 330] March 24, 2020: Case transferred to NBC to ease case backlog at EAC

[Day 380 ] May 13, 2020: Online status updated to "interview ready to be scheduled" 

[Day 690] March 19, 2021: Approved during combo interview

AOS Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 000] March 8, 2016: Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package to Chicago lockbox

[Day 035] April 12, 2016: Biometrics appointment

[Day 052] April 29, 2016: Received EAD/AP combo card in the mail

[Day 412] April 25, 2017: EAD/AP renewal documents approved; received card in hand first week of May

[Day 470] June 22, 2017: Received RFE for five items with 84 days to respond 

[Day 477] June 29, 2017: Second medical due to the case pending for more than one year 

[Day 505]: July 27, 2017: GREEN CARD APPLICATION WAS APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!!!

[Day 554]: September 14, 2017: Green card arrived in the mail and brought our 18-month AOS journey to an end

K-1 Adventure:

Spoiler

Fall 2005: Met as students at university

July 2015: Got engaged

September 12, 2015: Mailed K-1 Visa Petition to Lewisville Lockbox

September 16, 2015: NOA1 Received (Electronic Notice)

October 2, 2015: NOA2 (Electronic Notice)

October 23, 2015: Approved I-129F Received by NVC and Assigned Case Number

October 29, 2015: Petition documents arrived at AIT in Taipei

November 2, 2015: Received Packet 3 from AIT via email

November 10, 2015: Medical appointment

November 23, 2015: Visa interview

November 27, 2015: VISA APPROVED!!

February 1, 2016: POE in Minneapolis

February 6, 2016: Married!

I can conclude that either these people answering think we are stup*d or they are actually stup*d. 

i posted a link on an article written few months ago explaining how it means, how late it is, and how outdated it is. It's infruriating that they still actually post the processing times when from evidence of actual applicants, it is not accurate at all. I think it really means that as of Whatever date, they have been processing cases of x dates. The update date on the bottom right is only the date when they are required to post it, 45 days later usually.

here is the link again: https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org/research/uscis-data-application-and-petition-processing-times

i am going for an infopass myself tomorrow-- our pd march 9 queens ny and how crazy that last month's processing times showed that as of sept 30 they were working on Feb. the latest update says as of Oct 31 they are working on Jan! So it actually rettogressed(?!) 

i am not expecting anything fruitful but im waking up at 5 to go anyway amd be shamed on, because these infopasses are hard to get. So here goes nothingyou guys. Im just looking forward to good coffee tomorrow.

Edited by newyorkaos

4 hours ago, newyorkaos said:

I can conclude that either these people answering think we are stup*d or they are actually stup*d. 

i posted a link on an article written few months ago explaining how it means, how late it is, and how outdated it is. It's infruriating that they still actually post the processing times when from evidence of actual applicants, it is not accurate at all. I think it really means that as of Whatever date, they have been processing cases of x dates. The update date on the bottom right is only the date when they are required to post it, 45 days later usually.

here is the link again: https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org/research/uscis-data-application-and-petition-processing-times

i am going for an infopass myself tomorrow-- our pd march 9 queens ny and how crazy that last month's processing times showed that as of sept 30 they were working on Feb. the latest update says as of Oct 31 they are working on Jan! So it actually rettogressed(?!) 

i am not expecting anything fruitful but im waking up at 5 to go anyway amd be shamed on, because these infopasses are hard to get. So here goes nothingyou guys. Im just looking forward to good coffee tomorrow.

Thanks.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes (and if NY has really retrogressed)! 

Naturalization Adventure

Spoiler

ROC Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 380 ] May 13, 2020: Online status updated to "interview ready to be scheduled" 

AOS Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 412] April 25, 2017: EAD/AP renewal documents approved; received card in hand first week of May

[Day 477] June 29, 2017: Second medical due to the case pending for more than one year 

[Day 505]: July 27, 2017: GREEN CARD APPLICATION WAS APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!!!

[Day 554]: September 14, 2017: Green card arrived in the mail and brought our 18-month AOS journey to an end

K-1 Adventure:

Spoiler

Just came from info pass at 7 am. Just as I expected, was just told that the file is NBC still and once they schedule interview they will send to NY office. I mentioned about processing date that moved back, the person didn't seem to care, she asked as to fill a form for another inquiry which I requested. And I left. I honestly don't know what to do besides wait anymore.

4 hours ago, newyorkaos said:

Just came from info pass at 7 am. Just as I expected, was just told that the file is NBC still and once they schedule interview they will send to NY office. I mentioned about processing date that moved back, the person didn't seem to care, she asked as to fill a form for another inquiry which I requested. And I left. I honestly don't know what to do besides wait anymore.

Sorry to hear, Newyorkaos. Hang in there! There are still several of us in the same boat. Eventually, our spouses/we will receive our green cards and be on our journey to RoC. 

Naturalization Adventure

Spoiler

ROC Adventure:

Spoiler

AOS Adventure:

Spoiler

K-1 Adventure:

Spoiler

Timeline
16 hours ago, Linyahui said:

Hello, VJ family, we're back after a wonderful trip to Taiwan to visit my husband's family! Returning from 80 degrees and t-shirt-wearing weather to -30 degree wind chills and ice has been super jarring...almost as jarring as the good cop/bad cop routine we got during two phone calls to USCIS today.

Good Cop:

My husband and I called USCIS today around 4:00 PM and spoke to what must be the nicest Tier 1 officer they have at USCIS. Seriously, this guy had such empathy for us and our case and did everything possible he could to help us. He submitted another service request for us and even included a sentence that requested information about why our case was delayed to avoid being given that stock USCIS response. Since they weren't transferring calls to Tier 2s at that time due to a high volume of calls, he recommended we call back at 10 to 6 in our time zone to see if we could be transferred at that time.

Enter Bad Cop:

We called back at 10 to 6 as recommended. A female Tier 1 answered; I didn't catch her name or officer number because she didn't enunciate well. She went through the standard questions, asked to speak to my husband to get permission to give me info, and then asked why we were calling. I said we had called earlier and were told to call back to be transferred to a Tier 2 at this time. She said she would transfer us, but first needed to know why we were calling. I told her that we filed in early March, my husband did his biometrics in mid-April, and our case has been sitting in Lee Summit, MO at the NBC since then. She shot back immediately that I was wrong and that our case is already in St. Paul because cases are automatically transferred there after biometrics. I responded, with extreme restraint I might add, that we have spoken to two Tier 2 officers in August and November, respectively, who both confirmed that our case has not been touched since April 2016 and is in the NBC. I added that our case is beyond normal processing times for St. Paul and that's when she got really nasty. She told me that, according to the USCIS processing time website, the St. Paul service center is currently processing cases from January 27, 2016 so we are not beyond normal processing times. I said that those cases were as of October 31, 2016, as the website indicated. Then she got super condescending and told me "as I've told you multiple times, ma'am, you need to scroll to the bottom of the page and will see that this page was updated on December 29, 2016." I tried to interject to ask why the page lists the October 31 date at all, but she was then basically shouting at me that I wasn't listening to her. Finally, I lost my cool and said rather emotionally, "Ma'am, you are being extremely rude. Please transfer me to a Tier 2 officer immediately." AND THEN SHE HUNG UP ON ME. 

Seriously. What the Eff. I cannot express enough how extremely upset I felt after that conversation. Not only did we not get transferred to a Tier 2 today, and not only was this woman extremely belligerent and unhelpful, she effing hung up on us. I can only pray that our call was one of those "monitored for quality assurance processes" because I do not think that her service was of quality standards. 

I welcome others to weigh in here...anyone else have an experience like this? Is there any recourse? Is it even worth our time to follow up about this? Also, was I in any way wrong about the processing times? My assumption is that if the USCIS processing times webpage for the St. Paul service center says that the center is, as of October 31, 2016,  processing cases from January 27, 2016, that is the update. Not that the center is processing Jan 27 cases as of Dec 29. If that is the case, what does the Oct 31 date even mean???? 

SO. NOT. HAPPY. 

Screen shot 2017-01-04 at 9.00.00 PM.png

For what it's worth, my husband has had some rude encounters with tier 1s. I think if you sound like a nice person on the phone they feel free to feed you bs or railroad you. 

Im convinced the only reason I get tier 2s quickly is because I have a hard b*tch phone voice. That and I just tell the tier 1 that I already know they can't help me. 

Glad you had a nice holiday trip! But also not glad you got the bs run around. I have never experienced that level of rudeness....yet 

Edited by sparkles_

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.