2,297 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Flash News!!

Today I got a mail in my mailbox from Department of Homeland Security. It indicated my interview date which is in late January. I am happy that after about 10 months I got my interview scheduled.

the question is why my online status is still the same; " case is ready to be scheduled to an interview" ?

Online status does not always update

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Timeline

Congrats, Sparkles!

what's your office again?

Not me, that is fort knox who got their interview notice :) I was just saying to them that the online tracker doesn't always update when it sends out interview notices.....I've seen that happening on here a lot.

Are you still waiting, davyjoe?

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Filed: Timeline

Congrats, Sparkles!

what's your office again?

It will be in Atlanta.

Do you know where I can get the list of all the stuff from that I need to have in my interview?

I just know about these stuff:

- Apartment Lease

- Joint Bank Account

-Utilities

-pictures

-marriage document

-EAD card

-Travel Document

-Interview schedule letter

-Life/medical Insurance and car Insurance

- birth certificate

-passport

-i94 form

Please let me know if I need to have something else.

Timeline

It will be in Atlanta.

Do you know where I can get the list of all the stuff from that I need to have in my interview?

I just know about these stuff:

- Apartment Lease

- Joint Bank Account

-Utilities

-pictures

-marriage document

-EAD card

-Travel Document

-Interview schedule letter

-Life/medical Insurance and car Insurance

- birth certificate

-passport

-i94 form

Please let me know if I need to have something else.

Would be good to have joint car insurance, maybe life/health/dental insurance together....gym memberships if you use the gym....we have a family level zoo membership for example, little stuff like that.

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm also preparing my binder with documents to take to the interview and in addition to your list I have :

- All forms that were sent and all letters that I received from Uscis.

- Travel itinerary together with reservations, flight tickets and photo.

- Letters, cards or emails between us, and mail addressed to both.

- Filed taxes for the last couple years that were sent with my I-864 and I'll include the latest documents for this year for both of us, either the last pay stub of the year with year to date pay, or the W-4 if it is available before my interview date.

- photos including family and friends.

- ~ AOS Journey ~ -
03/02/2016 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131

[Day 62] 05/03 - Received EAD/AP combo card by mail

[Day 328] 01/24/2017 - Interview for AOS

[Day 336] 02/01 - Received GC. 

- ~ ROC Journey ~ -
10/29/2018 - Sent I-751

07/02/2019 - Biometrics appointment 

08/22/2019 - ROC Approval

Timeline

I'm also preparing my binder with documents to take to the interview and in addition to your list I have :

- Filed taxes for the last couple years that were sent with my I-864 and I'll include the latest documents for this year for both of us, either the last pay stub of the year with year to date pay, or the W-4 if it is available before my interview date.

This is actually a very good idea to keep me busy while we wait. I had planned to gather everything once we got the interview notice but I believe I'm going to just start now to occupy myself :)

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Just a quick FYI- uscis released the processing dates today, about 2 weeks late than it was supposed to.

I was suprised to see that Queens NY, moved back/retrogressed-if that word is even applicable here. Last month it said, as of Sept 30, processing Feb 9. The latest updated now says as of Oct 31, processing January 3. Is that even possible?

But at least manhattan and long island moved a month forward.

On 12/29/2016 at 6:09 AM, lntdenver said:

what if we have copy of none of those forms that we sent to USCIS? IS it mandatory to have copy of those forms?

Edited by fort knox

Timeline
56 minutes ago, fort knox said:

what if we have copy of none of those forms that we sent to USCIS? IS it mandatory to have copy of those forms?

Nope, it is not. All of the info on there should be in your memory such as spouse's birthdate and what type of visa you came on and old addresses. You would look really weird if you showed up with a copy of the forms to look at and answer from at the interview.....don't recommend this at all. 

If you accidentally sent original copies of things like birth certificates there is a way you can get them back after the interview somehow if needed.

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

3 minutes ago, sparkles_ said:

Nope, it is not. All of the info on there should be in your memory such as spouse's birthdate and what type of visa you came on and old addresses. You would look really weird if you showed up with a copy of the forms to look at and answer from at the interview.....don't recommend this at all. 

If you accidentally sent original copies of things like birth certificates there is a way you can get them back after the interview somehow if needed.

Okay, I know all of information we put in the forms either mine or my wife's. because they are our own personal information.

No, I did not send my original birth certificate, I just sent the copy one.

I am wondering how people carry all the evidences and documents to the interview place. for example we have more than 200 selected pictures plus other documents such as, lease, utilities, car insurance, medical insurance, Joint Sam's Club card etc. Shall we put them in a bag or a folder?

is the officer ask us for more evidences or we should suggest her/him to add more stuff in our forms. because the day we sent the forms to USCIS, we sent no pictures or documents like lease or insurance. we just sent forms and personal IDs like passport and DOB.

Timeline
1 minute ago, fort knox said:

Okay, I know all of information we put in the forms either mine or my wife's. because they are our own personal information.

No, I did not send my original birth certificate, I just sent the copy one.

I am wondering how people carry all the evidences and documents to the interview place. for example we have more than 200 selected pictures plus other documents such as, lease, utilities, car insurance, medical insurance, Joint Sam's Club card etc. Shall we put them in a bag or a folder?

is the officer ask us for more evidences or we should suggest her/him to add more stuff in our forms. because the day we sent the forms to USCIS, we sent no pictures or documents like lease or insurance. we just sent forms and personal IDs like passport and DOB.

Make two copies of any paper evidence you have....OK so if you have electric bills and bank statements in both your names, make two copies of each paper proof you bring....one for your records and one in case the immigration officer wants to keep. Same for lease and anything else. You can bring a cheap photo album....many people do this and just tell the officer take what you want from the photos. For paper things, get a three ring binder and plastic page covers from staples store or somewhere similar so you can just open it easily and flip to what you need. Put two copies like I said in each clear plastic page. 

You know you didn't send much in the way of proof so be ready for them to probably keep almost all of the things you bring. If they see you bring in things they should ask if you want to show them to be considered. Good luck!

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

3 hours ago, sparkles_ said:

Make two copies of any paper evidence you have....OK so if you have electric bills and bank statements in both your names, make two copies of each paper proof you bring....one for your records and one in case the immigration officer wants to keep. Same for lease and anything else. You can bring a cheap photo album....many people do this and just tell the officer take what you want from the photos. For paper things, get a three ring binder and plastic page covers from staples store or somewhere similar so you can just open it easily and flip to what you need. Put two copies like I said in each clear plastic page. 

You know you didn't send much in the way of proof so be ready for them to probably keep almost all of the things you bring. If they see you bring in things they should ask if you want to show them to be considered. Good luck!

We got the card in the mail yesterday!!  Nothing ever updated after case was approved. I have thanked god 9998,776558 times today!! And and sending prayers out for all my fellow vj's waiting for an answer. 

• Married 2/9/2016
  • I485, I130, I765 + I131 Filed Concurrently
  • USPS delivery confirmation 3/7/2016
  • NOA 1 received 3/08/2016
  • Hard copies of NOA received 3/20/16
  • Early walk in Biometrics at Holtsville, NY 4/11/16
  • Ead/AP approved 4/28/16...received 6/10/16
  • Interview date 12/20/16 at Holtsville, NY... initially denied but approved later same day.
  • Text received that green card was mailed.

Timeline
Just now, Sticky said:

We got the card in the mail yesterday!!  Nothing ever updated after case was approved. I have thanked god 9998,776558 times today!! And and sending prayers out for all my fellow vj's waiting for an answer. 

Awesome!! 

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.