2,297 posts in this topic

Hi I have been following your case for a while, our PD is March 9 but from NYC. No updates too. My question is, do you get notified if your case has been moved to local office for scheduling of interview? I raised an inquiry for our case and got a response in November saying that the local office is scheduling an interview. However, when I spoke to a tier 2 last week, he said it's still in NBC and when I check the status it still says last update in May.

I no longer look at the processing times, it drives me crazy. I think I developed some sort of anxiety because of this. :(

I never got any change whatsoever from fingerprint fee accepted to appointment scheduled. The notice for the appointment came a few weeks ago. Coincidentally or not the interview schedule notice came a day after I scheduled an infopass appointment. Our missing ead card also got reproduced the day after I scheduled an infopass. So I think that it sometimes nudges the case along if there is nothing holding things up other than time.

• Married 2/9/2016
  • I485, I130, I765 + I131 Filed Concurrently
  • USPS delivery confirmation 3/7/2016
  • NOA 1 received 3/08/2016
  • Hard copies of NOA received 3/20/16
  • Early walk in Biometrics at Holtsville, NY 4/11/16
  • Ead/AP approved 4/28/16...received 6/10/16
  • Interview date 12/20/16 at Holtsville, NY... initially denied but approved later same day.
  • Text received that green card was mailed.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sticky- i am glad that you got things sorted out and that ypu got approved!

How do you get an infopass, I can never catch one, it's always unavailable. Is there a time of day that I have to do it?

It took me literally 5wk of checking every other day to catch an opening. When I found the one we went to, I checked around 4pm online and they had openings for the next week.

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

How do you get an infopass, I can never catch one, it's always unavailable. Is there a time of day that I have to do it?

First thing in the morning. Any other time it's all full.

• Married 2/9/2016
  • Interview date 12/20/16 at Holtsville, NY... initially denied but approved later same day.

First thing in the morning. Any other time it's all full.

Maybe try the Long Island field office and take a train out? Out of curiosity I checked this morning and saw that Long Island has appointments as early as 1/4.
  • Married 2/9/2016

I just checked online (about 10:30 AM CST) and found an available appointment in the new year. Although yesterday I was talking about the importance of being patient and accepting the process (still helpful for mental health, in my opinion), if there is an opportunity to talk to an officer face-to-face to get some answers about the delay in processing, we'll take it!

Naturalization Adventure

Spoiler

[Day 000] May 18, 2020: Naturalization package accepted by USCIS

[Day 268] February 10, 2021: Interview scheduled

[Day 305 ] March 19, 2021: Approved!

[Day 309 ] March 23, 2021: Oath ceremony

ROC Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 000] April 29, 2019: ROC package accepted by USCIS

[Day 036] June 4, 2019: Biometrics taken at USCIS center in VA

[Day 330] March 24, 2020: Case transferred to NBC to ease case backlog at EAC

[Day 380 ] May 13, 2020: Online status updated to "interview ready to be scheduled" 

[Day 690] March 19, 2021: Approved during combo interview

AOS Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 000] March 8, 2016: Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package to Chicago lockbox

[Day 035] April 12, 2016: Biometrics appointment

[Day 052] April 29, 2016: Received EAD/AP combo card in the mail

[Day 412] April 25, 2017: EAD/AP renewal documents approved; received card in hand first week of May

[Day 470] June 22, 2017: Received RFE for five items with 84 days to respond 

[Day 477] June 29, 2017: Second medical due to the case pending for more than one year 

[Day 505]: July 27, 2017: GREEN CARD APPLICATION WAS APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!!!

[Day 554]: September 14, 2017: Green card arrived in the mail and brought our 18-month AOS journey to an end

K-1 Adventure:

Spoiler

Fall 2005: Met as students at university

July 2015: Got engaged

September 12, 2015: Mailed K-1 Visa Petition to Lewisville Lockbox

September 16, 2015: NOA1 Received (Electronic Notice)

October 2, 2015: NOA2 (Electronic Notice)

October 23, 2015: Approved I-129F Received by NVC and Assigned Case Number

October 29, 2015: Petition documents arrived at AIT in Taipei

November 2, 2015: Received Packet 3 from AIT via email

November 10, 2015: Medical appointment

November 23, 2015: Visa interview

November 27, 2015: VISA APPROVED!!

February 1, 2016: POE in Minneapolis

February 6, 2016: Married!

Filed: Timeline

sticky- an infopass this morning for long island on January 4. I took the earliest 8 am one. Dang it's far from where are in Queens since Im closer to Manhattan. But whatever, might have to rent a car then. I hope I get me more useful information then!

Linyahui- I understand, sometimes you have to do whatever it takes to make you stay sane and feel better- im with you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I agree, it helps just hearing from a person whom you see their face and who you watch actually call the NBC and check on the fine details of your case. Even though we are in the background check mess, it feels better knowing this for sure than getting the phone run around at minimum. Always easier to accept something you have 200% confirmed the status of, ya know?

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Hi friends,

I have a question regarding my original documents:

when we filed our case in March 2016, I sent all the original forms to USCIS and did not make a copy of them. whereas, a lot of people say the interview is based on the forms we filled out before, and it is necessary to remember everything from those forms.

what should I do to get the copy of those forms?

If i ask USCIS to send a copy of them, is it negative point? or doers it take a lot of time to get a copy back?

anybody had experience like this before?

sticky- an infopass this morning for long island on January 4. I took the earliest 8 am one. Dang it's far from where are in Queens since Im closer to Manhattan. But whatever, might have to rent a car then. I hope I get me more useful information then!

Linyahui- I understand, sometimes you have to do whatever it takes to make you stay sane and feel better- im with you.

you can take LIRR to ronkonkoma and they have a car/taxi service there that will bring you back and forth. Only about ten minutes each way. $14 each way for two people. Extra if more than two people.
  • Married 2/9/2016

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey Sticky! Congratulations on your approval!!! I'm so happy for you!! It's been a long journey but you can finally enjoy the holidays and make those New Years resolutions!!!

- ~ AOS Journey ~ -
03/02/2016 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131

[Day 62] 05/03 - Received EAD/AP combo card by mail

[Day 328] 01/24/2017 - Interview for AOS

[Day 336] 02/01 - Received GC. 

- ~ ROC Journey ~ -
10/29/2018 - Sent I-751

07/02/2019 - Biometrics appointment 

08/22/2019 - ROC Approval

Hey Sticky! Congratulations on your approval!!! I'm so happy for you!! It's been a long journey but you can finally enjoy the holidays and make those New Years resolutions!!!

Thank you! I am seriously walking on clouds today! Praying everyone else gets news soon!
  • Married 2/9/2016

I don't think that you can get a copy from them. You will have to remember what you put in there and since you probably filled it out yourself and those questions refer to you and your spouse, you should be able to recall them easily.

Today I called USCIS, he said you can fill out a form( i forgot the form number) and USCIS send you a copy back but he said we cannot guarantee if your request to getting copy of your papers back decrease your case progress or not. but you can make an appointment to your local office online and ask them, however there is not also guarantee if they give you a copy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.