2,297 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We received the same response after our inquiry. Then, after calling USCIS to speak with a Tier 2, we found out our case hasn't been touched since APRIL. Have to wonder if it had been moved along promptly (received EAD/AP combo card at the end of April after filing in early March), whether we could have avoided being part of the backlog.

Daveyjoe! has got it right when joking that he "burned down his own apartment in rage." :bonk::bonk::dead:

Did you actually ask tier 2 when the last time your case had been touched was? Did the tier 2 say that there was anything you can do to get someone to pick up your case again faster? I feel like I'm bordering on harassment with the amount I call uscis lately but I'm freaking desperate. I also am feeling ours is the same, no activity since our RFE response was received and the EAD made in May.

I'm at the point where I'm sending prayers and hard work vibes to our local office so that the backlog is lessened and we get the interview letter.....it would make a super x-mas gift, wink wink.

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

It's been a while since i posted an update here, but finally some good news!

We had our interview scheduled on 10/22 (yesterday) and we were approved on the spot.

We had a very friendly officer in San Jose, California. He asked us a bit about our Thanksgiving weekend plans, how we met, what kind of wedding ceremony we did, etc.. we showed him pictures of the wedding, of when we were dating, pay stubs, documents stating that we are each others beneficiary, wedding certificate..

It never felt like a real interview, more like a talk about our lives together.

We just got the notification that my card is being produced, so we couldn't be happier! We filed at the end of February, so it's been a long journey.

All i can say, have patience everyone!

Good luck!!!

02/01/2013: Transferred to the US with L1 visa

10/02/2015: Married to a USC :luv:

02/28/2016: Sent package I-140 and i-485 to Chicago Lockbox

03/01/2016: Package received by USCIS

03/05/2016: NOA received

03/14/2016: Checks went through

04/11/2016: Biometrics done in California

04/20/2016: Online status for i485 changed to 'Ready to schedule interview'

04/28/2016: Called USCIS to change the EAD Eligibility to c09 (made a mistake in my application)

05/02/2016: Received EAD/AP confirmation letter with c09 Eligibility :D

05/11/2016: Online status for I-765 and I-130 updated to 'Approved' as of 4/28/2016

06/08/2016: Online status for I-765 updated to 'Card was mailed' :dance:

06/10/2016: EAD/AP combo card received in the mail :whistle:

10/22/2016: GC Interview in San Jose & Approved on the spot! :jest::D:dance::yes::lol:

10/23/2016: Online status for i485 changed to 'New Card is being Produced'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

It's been a while since i posted an update here, but finally some good news!

We had our interview scheduled on 10/22 (yesterday) and we were approved on the spot.

We had a very friendly officer in San Jose, California. He asked us a bit about our Thanksgiving weekend plans, how we met, what kind of wedding ceremony we did, etc.. we showed him pictures of the wedding, of when we were dating, pay stubs, documents stating that we are each others beneficiary, wedding certificate..

It never felt like a real interview, more like a talk about our lives together.

We just got the notification that my card is being produced, so we couldn't be happier! We filed at the end of February, so it's been a long journey.

All i can say, have patience everyone!

Good luck!!!

Congrats!

Well, here we are, two weeks after USCIS promised we would receive an update about our case and why it hasn't been touched for the past SEVEN MONTHS. No letter, no email, no text, nothing. Checked spam folder, checked online USCIS profile, which says "as of November 15, your case inquiry has not been assigned to an officer for processing."

::RAGE::

Naturalization Adventure

Spoiler

[Day 000] May 18, 2020: Naturalization package accepted by USCIS

[Day 268] February 10, 2021: Interview scheduled

[Day 305 ] March 19, 2021: Approved!

[Day 309 ] March 23, 2021: Oath ceremony

ROC Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 000] April 29, 2019: ROC package accepted by USCIS

[Day 036] June 4, 2019: Biometrics taken at USCIS center in VA

[Day 330] March 24, 2020: Case transferred to NBC to ease case backlog at EAC

[Day 380 ] May 13, 2020: Online status updated to "interview ready to be scheduled" 

[Day 690] March 19, 2021: Approved during combo interview

AOS Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 000] March 8, 2016: Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package to Chicago lockbox

[Day 035] April 12, 2016: Biometrics appointment

[Day 052] April 29, 2016: Received EAD/AP combo card in the mail

[Day 412] April 25, 2017: EAD/AP renewal documents approved; received card in hand first week of May

[Day 470] June 22, 2017: Received RFE for five items with 84 days to respond 

[Day 477] June 29, 2017: Second medical due to the case pending for more than one year 

[Day 505]: July 27, 2017: GREEN CARD APPLICATION WAS APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!!!

[Day 554]: September 14, 2017: Green card arrived in the mail and brought our 18-month AOS journey to an end

K-1 Adventure:

Spoiler

Fall 2005: Met as students at university

July 2015: Got engaged

September 12, 2015: Mailed K-1 Visa Petition to Lewisville Lockbox

September 16, 2015: NOA1 Received (Electronic Notice)

October 2, 2015: NOA2 (Electronic Notice)

October 23, 2015: Approved I-129F Received by NVC and Assigned Case Number

October 29, 2015: Petition documents arrived at AIT in Taipei

November 2, 2015: Received Packet 3 from AIT via email

November 10, 2015: Medical appointment

November 23, 2015: Visa interview

November 27, 2015: VISA APPROVED!!

February 1, 2016: POE in Minneapolis

February 6, 2016: Married!

Timeline

Well, here we are, two weeks after USCIS promised we would receive an update about our case and why it hasn't been touched for the past SEVEN MONTHS. No letter, no email, no text, nothing. Checked spam folder, checked online USCIS profile, which says "as of November 15, your case inquiry has not been assigned to an officer for processing."

Typical. Every time ours has taken 3 weeks at least to get assigned.

Pass me the wine :dead::clock:

Edited by sparkles_

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Filed: Other Timeline

YEP!

After my inquiry they called us to tell us to wait two weeks until the 19th to hear our date of the interview.

We waited and waited. On the 19th we received an email that stated:

"Our review indicates that this case is within our current processing time. We regret any misunderstanding. If you do not receive a decision or notice of other action within our current processing time, check our website for an update or call customer service at the number provided below."

THIS IS FREAKING LIES! THERE ARE OTHER PEOPE WHO HAVE SUBMITTED AFTER ME AT THE SAME OFFICE WHO ARE BEING PROCESSED! UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

However, I did just check the website and found that it said this which I hadn't noticed before:

• 11/26/2016

sign_icon.png

On November 26, 2016, your general inquiry, referral number WKD309xxxxxxxxxxxxSC, was completed.

• 11/26/2016

sign_icon.png

On November 26, 2016, we sent a response to your general inquiry, referral number WKD309xxxxxxxxxxSC.

• 11/25/2016

sign_icon.png

On November 25, 2016, your general inquiry, referral number WKDxxxxxxxxxSC, was assigned to an officer for response.

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?

FLAMES FLAMES FLAMES ON THE SIDE OF MY FACE!

Edited by daveyjoe!

Timeline

YEP!

After my inquiry they called us to tell us to wait two weeks until the 19th to hear our date of the interview.

"Our review indicates that this case is within our current processing time. We regret any misunderstanding. If you do not receive a decision or notice of other action within our current processing time, check our website for an update or call customer service at the number provided below."

THIS IS FREAKING LIES! THERE ARE OTHER PEOPE WHO HAVE SUBMITTED AFTER ME AT THE SAME OFFICE WHO ARE BEING PROCESSED! UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I'm telling you, I think it's just a mixed lot.....give the IOs a box of case files, pluck them and process at random.....and by all means, avoid any kind of order <_<

Edited by sparkles_

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed: Other Timeline

YEP!

However, I did just check the website and found that it said this which I hadn't noticed before:

• 11/26/2016

sign_icon.png

On November 26, 2016, your general inquiry, referral number WKD309xxxxxxxxxxxxSC, was completed.

• 11/26/2016

sign_icon.png

On November 26, 2016, we sent a response to your general inquiry, referral number WKD309xxxxxxxxxxSC.

• 11/25/2016

sign_icon.png

On November 25, 2016, your general inquiry, referral number WKDxxxxxxxxxSC, was assigned to an officer for response.

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?

Just saw this:

• 11/26/2016

sign_icon.png

• 11/26/2016

sign_icon.png

• 11/25/2016

sign_icon.png

Does anyone know what a general inquiry is and what it means to be "completed"?

We were not notified further and this was AFTER they sent us an email on the 19th.

I just noticed via my profile timeline on the uscis website.

Does this mean someone looked at it and sent us an interview date in the mail?

Do they change the wording on the website once they send out the mail with the date that reads the same or will I be totally surprised when it arrives in the mail and it changes after a slight delay?

Edited by daveyjoe!

Timeline

Just saw this:

• 11/26/2016

sign_icon.png

• 11/26/2016

sign_icon.png

• 11/25/2016

sign_icon.png

Does anyone know what a general inquiry is and what it means to be "completed"?

We were not notified further and this was AFTER they sent us an email on the 19th.

I just noticed via my profile timeline on the uscis website.

Does this mean someone looked at it and sent us an interview date in the mail?

Do they change the wording on the website once they send out the mail with the date that reads the same or will I be totally surprised when it arrives in the mail and it changes after a slight delay?

Yes, on the website you will see "On X date, we sent you a notice to attend an interview at Y location" and the dates will also change to show the date the interview notice is mailed out as the last activity on your portal for that case.

I've done like 3 generals now. It can be any reason you call...did you call wanting to just know the status of your case possibly? That was my last general, and I got a paper mail response saying "if you don't get an interview in 90 days, contact again"

Did another, and got told "due to factors not related to your case, expect delays in adjudication" AKA local office is probably overfilled.

Did you make an inquiry BEFORE the one you got the email reply to? What happened to me was that we did two in 60 days, and the one that we did first was not the one we got the first reply to, it was just a fast reply to the second inquiry.....first inquiry reply didn't come til 2.5mo later. I know, confusing.

FYI, you can call the NCSC and get them to read the response to you over the phone! I do this now rather than wait.

Edited by sparkles_

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed: Timeline

Today I called USCIS and asked him to transfer me to tier 2 , but he said it is not possible currently but if you want I can help you about your case.

I said ok and explained him that earlier in November I called USCIS and they sent a request to my local office and i was supposed to receive a phone call or mail from my local office.. but nothing yet. He said ok I send another request and you can call back again in two hours probably we can transfer you to tier 2. anyhow, he submitted another request.

two hours alter I called them back and a explained every thing again to another agent, but after checking my profile she said nobody submitted a request on your behalf today. she submitted another one for me and said I also cannot transfer you to tier 2.

I asked her why some people who filed couple of months after me, they already did their interview? she said it depends to the officer who considers the cases, some do their work faster than others but some need more background check. she said your case is out of the regular time but it is not that bad and it is usual because of work load.

I am tired of waiting.

Yes, on the website you will see "On X date, we sent you a notice to attend an interview at Y location" and the dates will also change to show the date the interview notice is mailed out as the last activity on your portal for that case.

I've done like 3 generals now. It can be any reason you call...did you call wanting to just know the status of your case possibly? That was my last general, and I got a paper mail response saying "if you don't get an interview in 90 days, contact again"

Did another, and got told "due to factors not related to your case, expect delays in adjudication" AKA local office is probably overfilled.

Did you make an inquiry BEFORE the one you got the email reply to? What happened to me was that we did two in 60 days, and the one that we did first was not the one we got the first reply to, it was just a fast reply to the second inquiry.....first inquiry reply didn't come til 2.5mo later. I know, confusing.

FYI, you can call the NCSC and get them to read the response to you over the phone! I do this now rather than wait.

We submitted a general case inquiry and received an email saying that "due to factors not related to your case, processing may be delayed" (i.e. our local office is swamped).

When we called and asked about the status of our case, we were told it hadn't been touched since April, when the EAD/AP combo card was produced. The officer said he'd put in a request and we'd hear something in two weeks. Since the information under "Next Steps" on the USCIS website still says "as of Nov 15, your inquiry has not been assigned to an officer for processing" does that mean that what we were told was all BS?

When we call USCIS, what question should we ask? We've called twice to "get an update on our case status" but I'm wondering if there is a better question to ask?

Also, what is NCSC? Which response are they reading??

YEP!

• 11/26/2016

sign_icon.png

• 11/26/2016

sign_icon.png

• 11/25/2016

sign_icon.png

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?

FLAAAAAAAAAAAMES

This is kind of embarrassing, but has anyone else broken down at work/other socially inappropriate setting over all of this?

I was having a bad day a couple of weeks ago and my supervisor stopped by to ask if I was ok. Two seconds later, I was a blubbering mess.

Obviously, we're not robots. We're humans with feelings and months of agonized waiting takes its toll. Just wondering if (hoping that) I'm not the only one at this point...

Naturalization Adventure

Spoiler

ROC Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 380 ] May 13, 2020: Online status updated to "interview ready to be scheduled" 

AOS Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 412] April 25, 2017: EAD/AP renewal documents approved; received card in hand first week of May

[Day 477] June 29, 2017: Second medical due to the case pending for more than one year 

[Day 505]: July 27, 2017: GREEN CARD APPLICATION WAS APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!!!

[Day 554]: September 14, 2017: Green card arrived in the mail and brought our 18-month AOS journey to an end

K-1 Adventure:

Spoiler

Timeline

The NSCS is the nat'l customer service center, the 800 number you call.

I call and I nicely say I need a tier two, I've been trying to get one for days, and if they can't get me one I ask for a scheduled call back that is in the form of a 'notice you didn't receive' since technically that is what it is when you can't get tier 2 due to hold times.

Ask is your case cleared background and name checks? Ask about that two weeks and what is going on there (they will prob. say it can take up to 30) Ans ask Is there anything pending on your case, or is it just waiting for a slot to interview at the local office. If you're just waiting for a spot not much can be done.

I've had a few good breakdowns in the past month or two, when the timelines started to get past a bunch of others and we seem just left to the dogs.

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Where do I check for updates on a service request?

AOS (Pending)
Mailed: 3/2/2016
USPS Delivery: 3/5/2016
NOA1 Emails/Texts: 3/10/2016
NOA1 Letters: 3/14/2016 (Online Status updates started: 3/16/2016, Receipt date listed: 3/7/2016)
Bio Apt Notice: 3/26/2016
Bio Apt: 4/8/2016 (Week early attempt was turned away, Same day early attempt successful)
EAD/AP Approval (Email&Text): 4/22/2016
EAD/AP Card Received: 4/29/2016

Interview Notice: 12/14/2016 

Interview Date: 1/20/2017 (Approved!!)

New card Ordered and Case Approved Online Update: 1/31/2017

The NSCS is the nat'l customer service center, the 800 number you call.

I call and I nicely say I need a tier two, I've been trying to get one for days, and if they can't get me one I ask for a scheduled call back that is in the form of a 'notice you didn't receive' since technically that is what it is when you can't get tier 2 due to hold times.

Ask is your case cleared background and name checks? Ask about that two weeks and what is going on there (they will prob. say it can take up to 30) Ans ask Is there anything pending on your case, or is it just waiting for a slot to interview at the local office. If you're just waiting for a spot not much can be done.

I've had a few good breakdowns in the past month or two, when the timelines started to get past a bunch of others and we seem just left to the dogs.

Thanks, Sparkles. This is really helpful. We're going to try calling NSCS again on Thursday. I'll post an update about the call afterwards.

Naturalization Adventure

Spoiler

ROC Adventure:

Spoiler

AOS Adventure:

Spoiler

K-1 Adventure:

Spoiler

Where do I check for updates on a service request?

Hi, Kbrokkeq. Have you created an account on the USCIS website (vs simply entering your case number to check the status)? That is where you can sign in and view updates on a service request. You can create one here if you haven't already done so:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/showSplash.do

Naturalization Adventure

Spoiler

ROC Adventure:

Spoiler

AOS Adventure:

Spoiler

K-1 Adventure:

Spoiler

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.