2,297 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

This is how I interpret it. They post the bulletin every 15th or so of the month but they show the last month and a half's cases that were worked on. So basically, it doesn't really tell you what they are working on like right now, November. You can only make assumptions. So NYC says working on December as of September 31, 2015. Assuming that the movement will be constant and will be 4 weeks, at the moment they are probably working on early Feb. BUT, the movement can be a little as 5 days which I have observed previously.

Queens bulletin says as of September 31, 2015 they were working on February 9, 2016! Based on last month's bulletin which showed as of August 31, 2015, cases processed were November 4, 2015. Queens moved liked 2-3 months!! But I have no news on our interview, our PD is March 9. Assuming that the movement is 4 weeks, it should be dealing with March cases now. I know confusing!

Also I saw 2-3 cases from Queens with January PD who had their interviews early this November. And that reflected the processing times on previous bulletins. Pray that they actually pick up our files when they are supposed to.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I've heard (thanks google) the date processing encompasses a 30 day window as well, so here is hoping!

Oh I really hope that it true! We are just getting impatient!

AOS (Pending)
Mailed: 3/2/2016
USPS Delivery: 3/5/2016
NOA1 Emails/Texts: 3/10/2016
NOA1 Letters: 3/14/2016 (Online Status updates started: 3/16/2016, Receipt date listed: 3/7/2016)
Bio Apt Notice: 3/26/2016
Bio Apt: 4/8/2016 (Week early attempt was turned away, Same day early attempt successful)
EAD/AP Approval (Email&Text): 4/22/2016
EAD/AP Card Received: 4/29/2016

Interview Notice: 12/14/2016 

Interview Date: 1/20/2017 (Approved!!)

New card Ordered and Case Approved Online Update: 1/31/2017

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oh I really hope that it true! We are just getting impatient!

I think we all are! And just for LOLs, I checked about half of all the local office processing times because yours truly has too much free time.....almost all, literally all but like 3, are delayed. Some are barely processing in 2016 dates.

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Is there anybody who supposed to do interview in Atlanta? Why nobody talking about this center?

Based on the statistical graph in Atlanta center it takes 5 months in average to go to interview after filing document, but for me it is about 8 months. I called USCIS and asked the reason, she said I will send a notification to Atlanta center and they are gonna send a mail to your address or give you a phone call within 30 days. anybody has experience like this?

Timeline

Is there anybody who supposed to do interview in Atlanta? Why nobody talking about this center?

Based on the statistical graph in Atlanta center it takes 5 months in average to go to interview after filing document, but for me it is about 8 months. I called USCIS and asked the reason, she said I will send a notification to Atlanta center and they are gonna send a mail to your address or give you a phone call within 30 days. anybody has experience like this?

Atlanta processing time is behind my local office, in Charlotte NC by about 2wk. Currently it is processing April 11, 2016 in Atlanta....not 5 months anymore.

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Our local service center is in St. Paul, MN and not Atlanta, but our experience is similar to yours. Our PD is March 9, 2016. My husband received his EAD/AP combo card at the end of April but we haven't heard any updates since then. We called USCIS in August and were told we were within normal processing times for St. Paul so we should be patient. We called USCIS again last week after hearing nothing for the three months since that first call and were told that our case hasn't been touched since April. APRIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

The officer put in a service request and told us to expect something in the mail within two weeks (similar to you). Thus far, we haven't received anything. The two-week window ends November 29.

By the way, as of September 30, the St. Paul service center was processing AOS applications from December 27, 2015. At this rate, we won't have our file looked at until sometime in March, which would be a YEAR (!!!!) since we submitted. I'm just praying that we will hear something about the service request in the next two weeks, as promised. It's so uncertain what's going to happen with this process once Trump takes office (I can't believe I really had to type that phrase "once Trump takes office"). *vomit*

Naturalization Adventure

Spoiler

[Day 000] May 18, 2020: Naturalization package accepted by USCIS

[Day 268] February 10, 2021: Interview scheduled

[Day 305 ] March 19, 2021: Approved!

[Day 309 ] March 23, 2021: Oath ceremony

ROC Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 000] April 29, 2019: ROC package accepted by USCIS

[Day 036] June 4, 2019: Biometrics taken at USCIS center in VA

[Day 330] March 24, 2020: Case transferred to NBC to ease case backlog at EAC

[Day 380 ] May 13, 2020: Online status updated to "interview ready to be scheduled" 

[Day 690] March 19, 2021: Approved during combo interview

AOS Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 000] March 8, 2016: Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package to Chicago lockbox

[Day 035] April 12, 2016: Biometrics appointment

[Day 052] April 29, 2016: Received EAD/AP combo card in the mail

[Day 412] April 25, 2017: EAD/AP renewal documents approved; received card in hand first week of May

[Day 470] June 22, 2017: Received RFE for five items with 84 days to respond 

[Day 477] June 29, 2017: Second medical due to the case pending for more than one year 

[Day 505]: July 27, 2017: GREEN CARD APPLICATION WAS APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!!!

[Day 554]: September 14, 2017: Green card arrived in the mail and brought our 18-month AOS journey to an end

K-1 Adventure:

Spoiler

Fall 2005: Met as students at university

July 2015: Got engaged

September 12, 2015: Mailed K-1 Visa Petition to Lewisville Lockbox

September 16, 2015: NOA1 Received (Electronic Notice)

October 2, 2015: NOA2 (Electronic Notice)

October 23, 2015: Approved I-129F Received by NVC and Assigned Case Number

October 29, 2015: Petition documents arrived at AIT in Taipei

November 2, 2015: Received Packet 3 from AIT via email

November 10, 2015: Medical appointment

November 23, 2015: Visa interview

November 27, 2015: VISA APPROVED!!

February 1, 2016: POE in Minneapolis

February 6, 2016: Married!

Our local service center is in St. Paul, MN and not Atlanta, but our experience is similar to yours. Our PD is March 9, 2016. My husband received his EAD/AP combo card at the end of April but we haven't heard any updates since then. We called USCIS in August and were told we were within normal processing times for St. Paul so we should be patient. We called USCIS again last week after hearing nothing for the three months since that first call and were told that our case hasn't been touched since April. APRIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

The officer put in a service request and told us to expect something in the mail within two weeks (similar to you). Thus far, we haven't received anything. The two-week window ends November 29.

By the way, as of September 30, the St. Paul service center was processing AOS applications from December 27, 2015. At this rate, we won't have our file looked at until sometime in March, which would be a YEAR (!!!!) since we submitted. I'm just praying that we will hear something about the service request in the next two weeks, as promised. It's so uncertain what's going to happen with this process once Trump takes office (I can't believe I really had to type that phrase "once Trump takes office"). *vomit*

is it the website that you usually check your online status? https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

if so, since May 2016 it says " we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center office will begin working on your case again. We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you."

Do you know anybody who got this message?

I think there is no fixed rule for USCIS to consider our case., cause some people go to interview aftre two or three months and some people like us should wait this much. :(

Timeline

if they are doing April , why they skipped me. I filed it in March 2016.

It is not exact, they process a 30 day window prior....so april 11-march 11.....they may be just getting to yours, and mine as well. It does not mean they processed all application up til that day, sadly.

is it the website that you usually check your online status? https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

if so, since May 2016 it says " we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center office will begin working on your case again. We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you."

I think there is no fixed rule for USCIS to consider our case., cause some people go to interview aftre two or three months and some people like us should wait this much. :(

This is what mine says too, we got an RFE also in May. I sent a service request to know the status of my case because online didnt update past that, and spoke to a tier 2 concerning it around end of July. About 6wk later I got a paper notice saying basically that my case was awaiting interview and would be routed to a local office when they had openings, and to contact again in 90 days.

Edited by sparkles_

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Timeline

Also hoping for this, I literally just want the interview letter. I do not think Trump can change those in process already very much but you never know. I researched a term called veto proof congress concerning immigration and it has put me at ease some :)

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Yes, that is the website we use to check. Does anyone know of any other website?

It does seem like there is no fixed rule. Allegedly, USCIS is supposed to process cases in the order received, but it doesn't seem like that rule is followed. I had to struggle to keep a lid on my rage during a call to USCIS in August when the officer reprimanded me for calling when our case "wasn't yet outside of normal processing times." That's not why I was calling; I was calling because people who filed AFTER us were already getting their green cards!!!

SMH.

Naturalization Adventure

Spoiler

ROC Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 380 ] May 13, 2020: Online status updated to "interview ready to be scheduled" 

AOS Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 412] April 25, 2017: EAD/AP renewal documents approved; received card in hand first week of May

[Day 477] June 29, 2017: Second medical due to the case pending for more than one year 

[Day 505]: July 27, 2017: GREEN CARD APPLICATION WAS APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!!!

[Day 554]: September 14, 2017: Green card arrived in the mail and brought our 18-month AOS journey to an end

K-1 Adventure:

Spoiler

Also hoping for this, I literally just want the interview letter. I do not think Trump can change those in process already very much but you never know. I researched a term called veto proof congress concerning immigration and it has put me at ease some :)

I don't think we have to WORRY worry just yet, but Trump is so unpredictable that we all definitely need to remain alert. His appointments for Chief of Staff and Attorney General are frightening for women, immigrants, people of color, and the LGBTQ community...basically anyone who does not share his gender, race, and viewpoints.

Naturalization Adventure

Spoiler

ROC Adventure:

Spoiler

AOS Adventure:

Spoiler

K-1 Adventure:

Spoiler

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I have been in line for an interview since May 30. My field office is processing cases on Nov 18, 2015 for 3 months, Jul, Aug, and Sep. Ridiculous!

3/16/2016 AOS packet sent

3/19/2016 Packet delivered at Chicago Lockbox

3/29/2016 NOAs received via SMS

4/1/2016 NOAs received via mail

4/9/2016 Biometrics letter received

4/21/2016 Biometrics done

5/30/2016 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

6/10/2016 EAD was being produced

6/14/2016 EAD was mailed to me

6/16/2016 EAD was delivered

Timeline

Ready to cry and scream! Inquiry response along the lines of "Local office is backed up, delays not related to your case. Expect delays in adjudication."

Our lawyer is already talking about filing the renewal EAD in 6wk :(

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Ready to cry and scream! Inquiry response along the lines of "Local office is backed up, delays not related to your case. Expect delays in adjudication."

Our lawyer is already talking about filing the renewal EAD in 6wk :(

We received the same response after our inquiry. Then, after calling USCIS to speak with a Tier 2, we found out our case hasn't been touched since APRIL. Have to wonder if it had been moved along promptly (received EAD/AP combo card at the end of April after filing in early March), whether we could have avoided being part of the backlog.

Daveyjoe! has got it right when joking that he "burned down his own apartment in rage." :bonk::bonk::dead:

Naturalization Adventure

Spoiler

ROC Adventure:

Spoiler

AOS Adventure:

Spoiler

K-1 Adventure:

Spoiler

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.