2,297 posts in this topic

OMG! The same thing happened to me. The condescending officer on the phone told me one day "well call in the morning. There is less of a wait." I woke up at 7:30 and waited till the minute changed to 8:03 just to be safe. I got that same message. I did 8:15. Same message. 9. Same message. 9:30 Same message. All the way until around 11. I gave up - after burning down my own apartment in absolute rage. I tried again later that afternoon and got through as normal. I tried to tell the Tier 1 officer what had occurred. They kept answering "we are open from 8AM... Blah blah blah." - NO. YOU AREN'T. Did you just hear what I said? I said I tried calling you for hours - ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I am so dismayed by this process. Couple this massive delay on top of President Trump where my gay marriage may no longer be valid once he is in office and our whole immigration process cancelled and I'm just.... - tears, tears, tears, so many tears.

RIGHT?! Why do they always sound so impatient/harried/condescending? I realize they probably speak to a billion emotional/upset/frantic people each day, but there is a reason for our emotional/upset/frantic reactions, namely, that WE DON'T HAVE ANY !*(#%(@)% INFORMATION ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON WITH OUR LOVED ONES' PETITIONS TO LIVE IN THIS COUNTRY WITH US.

End rant.

I have been trying to get in touch with my congressman's office, but it seems like he has better things to do (my congressman is Keith Ellison, who is now being tapped as the possible new DNC chairman, which is awesome, but at the same time I need him to focus on his constituents in Minnesota, like us, so we can get this #@)%@#)%@# process completed).

How many of you reading this thread have contacted your congressperson for help? How long did it take to hear back? I submitted a request and privacy release form online on October 25, received a letter in the paper mail with a different privacy release form and submitted that on November 2, and have called the office twice since then just to try to speak to someone to confirm that they received one or both requests for help with the privacy release forms. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. It's not like I WANT to be harassing my congressman or calling USCIS 45,697,903 times each week! I want my husband to get his green card so we can put this behind us for (oh, wait) a mere 12 months before beginning this process all over again to remove conditions!!!!! We've been married for over nine months, we have been waiting for ANY information for eight of those months, and I just want to know what the eff is going on !!!!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Naturalization Adventure

Spoiler

[Day 000] May 18, 2020: Naturalization package accepted by USCIS

[Day 268] February 10, 2021: Interview scheduled

[Day 305 ] March 19, 2021: Approved!

[Day 309 ] March 23, 2021: Oath ceremony

ROC Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 000] April 29, 2019: ROC package accepted by USCIS

[Day 036] June 4, 2019: Biometrics taken at USCIS center in VA

[Day 330] March 24, 2020: Case transferred to NBC to ease case backlog at EAC

[Day 380 ] May 13, 2020: Online status updated to "interview ready to be scheduled" 

[Day 690] March 19, 2021: Approved during combo interview

AOS Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 000] March 8, 2016: Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package to Chicago lockbox

[Day 035] April 12, 2016: Biometrics appointment

[Day 052] April 29, 2016: Received EAD/AP combo card in the mail

[Day 412] April 25, 2017: EAD/AP renewal documents approved; received card in hand first week of May

[Day 470] June 22, 2017: Received RFE for five items with 84 days to respond 

[Day 477] June 29, 2017: Second medical due to the case pending for more than one year 

[Day 505]: July 27, 2017: GREEN CARD APPLICATION WAS APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!!!

[Day 554]: September 14, 2017: Green card arrived in the mail and brought our 18-month AOS journey to an end

K-1 Adventure:

Spoiler

Fall 2005: Met as students at university

July 2015: Got engaged

September 12, 2015: Mailed K-1 Visa Petition to Lewisville Lockbox

September 16, 2015: NOA1 Received (Electronic Notice)

October 2, 2015: NOA2 (Electronic Notice)

October 23, 2015: Approved I-129F Received by NVC and Assigned Case Number

October 29, 2015: Petition documents arrived at AIT in Taipei

November 2, 2015: Received Packet 3 from AIT via email

November 10, 2015: Medical appointment

November 23, 2015: Visa interview

November 27, 2015: VISA APPROVED!!

February 1, 2016: POE in Minneapolis

February 6, 2016: Married!

I contacted my congressman when my ead was approved but never produced in May. He did nothing. He contacted me immediately and said he would look into it. Than 5 months later he called and said he had great news that he got every thing sorted out and they would take care of the problem immediately. I had received my card in the mail 3 months before already! Now he spams me with election emails.

RIGHT?! Why do they always sound so impatient/harried/condescending? I realize they probably speak to a billion emotional/upset/frantic people each day, but there is a reason for our emotional/upset/frantic reactions, namely, that WE DON'T HAVE ANY !*(#%(@)% INFORMATION ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON WITH OUR LOVED ONES' PETITIONS TO LIVE IN THIS COUNTRY WITH US.

End rant.

I have been trying to get in touch with my congressman's office, but it seems like he has better things to do (my congressman is Keith Ellison, who is now being tapped as the possible new DNC chairman, which is awesome, but at the same time I need him to focus on his constituents in Minnesota, like us, so we can get this #@)%@#)%@# process completed).

How many of you reading this thread have contacted your congressperson for help? How long did it take to hear back? I submitted a request and privacy release form online on October 25, received a letter in the paper mail with a different privacy release form and submitted that on November 2, and have called the office twice since then just to try to speak to someone to confirm that they received one or both requests for help with the privacy release forms. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. It's not like I WANT to be harassing my congressman or calling USCIS 45,697,903 times each week! I want my husband to get his green card so we can put this behind us for (oh, wait) a mere 12 months before beginning this process all over again to remove conditions!!!!! We've been married for over nine months, we have been waiting for ANY information for eight of those months, and I just want to know what the eff is going on !!!!

• Married 2/9/2016
  • I485, I130, I765 + I131 Filed Concurrently
  • USPS delivery confirmation 3/7/2016
  • NOA 1 received 3/08/2016
  • Hard copies of NOA received 3/20/16
  • Early walk in Biometrics at Holtsville, NY 4/11/16
  • Ead/AP approved 4/28/16...received 6/10/16
  • Interview date 12/20/16 at Holtsville, NY... initially denied but approved later same day.
  • Text received that green card was mailed.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

End rant.

I did for a stand alone i130 petition and it was approved less than two weeks later.

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

I also am still on fingerprint fee received. Since 3/7. I made a service request with tier 2 in August and got a reply months later pretty much saying we received your request and are happy to tell you...nothing. The next step you need to take is...wait. If you wait and here nothing for 30 days make another service request. So I scheduled an infopass appointment that is 11/21/16. Hoping it might trigger something and make things start moving. I would be happy just seeing my status change to ready for interview. At least then I know my file still exists.

My theory worked lol!!!! Just got text that appointment is scheduled for 12/20/2016!! Never updated from fingerprint fee received 3/7!

• Married 2/9/2016
  • I485, I130, I765 + I131 Filed Concurrently
  • USPS delivery confirmation 3/7/2016
  • NOA 1 received 3/08/2016
  • Hard copies of NOA received 3/20/16
  • Early walk in Biometrics at Holtsville, NY 4/11/16
  • Ead/AP approved 4/28/16...received 6/10/16
  • Interview date 12/20/16 at Holtsville, NY... initially denied but approved later same day.
  • Text received that green card was mailed.

St Paul, still waiting, "ready to be scheduled for interview" since May 11th.

It seems like the St. Paul service center is one of the slowest in the country. I'm sure many people feel that way about their individual service centers, but I did a comparison of processing times on the USCIS website and it does look like we are one of the slowest. Not sure whether it's due to the large Somali and Hmong populations here who may be submitting paperwork for citizenship/asylum/green card as well or if there are just fewer staff in St. Paul. Or perhaps they just HATE US.

Whatever the reason, I am getting SUPER IMPATIENT!!! I've now called my congressman's office FOUR times and can't even speak to a staffer who can acknowledge that our request for help has even been received.

WHEN WILL THIS PURGATORY END?!?!!?!? To make matters worse, I took a peek at the April 2016 AOS filer forum, and many of THEM are already having interviews and/or getting their green cards in the mail.

#######?!?!?!!???!

Any other suggestions of how to speed things along besides reaching out to our congressman? Keith Ellison is now the darling of the DNC and has no time to help his constituents (aka the people who elected him into office, aka the people who gave him a job).....!!!!!!!

Naturalization Adventure

Spoiler

ROC Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 380 ] May 13, 2020: Online status updated to "interview ready to be scheduled" 

AOS Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 412] April 25, 2017: EAD/AP renewal documents approved; received card in hand first week of May

[Day 477] June 29, 2017: Second medical due to the case pending for more than one year 

[Day 505]: July 27, 2017: GREEN CARD APPLICATION WAS APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!!!

[Day 554]: September 14, 2017: Green card arrived in the mail and brought our 18-month AOS journey to an end

K-1 Adventure:

Spoiler

Filed: Timeline

My theory worked lol!!!! Just got text that appointment is scheduled for 12/20/2016!! Never updated from fingerprint fee received 3/7!

OMG congrats, our PD is 3/9, im

Looking forward to getting our interview date anytime soon, we're from Queens. I agree, that setting up infopasses or case inquiry somehow wakes up cases. Keep us updated, goodluck

After a frustrating week, I have (I think) good news to share!

I got home a bit earlier than usual today and thought "what the hell"-- hubby and I can give USCIS another call for laughs.

I went through the standard #1 for English, #2 for case updates, and then tried another VJ member's suggestion to hit #3 and then #6, which routes you to a live person who is standing by to help you get your original documents back from a submission.

I thought I'd just say I'd gotten to the wrong channel by accident, but he was very helpful and put me through to a Tier 2 officer right away. The Tier 2 officer was also very helpful and patient, taking his time to check out our record to make sure he was providing the most up-to-date information. It turns out that our case hasn't been touched since my husband received his EAD/AP combo card at the end of April (APRIL!!!!!!). The Tier 2 officer submitted a service request to get our case moved to "ready for interview" status, gave us a case status confirmation number, and told us to call back if we didn't hear from USCIS within two weeks.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After eight months of crickets, I will take what I can get!!! Feeling very encouraged right now and fingers crossed that we will either get an interview date or a green card in the mail in the next couple of weeks (obviously, the latter is preferable).

So, if anyone else has been stuck in the purgatory of having no updates about your case, try calling USCIS around 5:30 pm in your local time zone--it worked for us.

Good luck!!!!!!

Naturalization Adventure

Spoiler

ROC Adventure:

Spoiler

AOS Adventure:

Spoiler

K-1 Adventure:

Spoiler

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello,

Hubby filed March 11, he was interviewed Sept 28 and got his GC after a week. We were able to travel out of the country already. We were interviewed in the Santa Ana office.

Our fingerprint fee received date is March 9 and we still haven't even gotten an interview date! We are also the Santa Ana office!

AOS (Pending)
Mailed: 3/2/2016
USPS Delivery: 3/5/2016
NOA1 Emails/Texts: 3/10/2016
NOA1 Letters: 3/14/2016 (Online Status updates started: 3/16/2016, Receipt date listed: 3/7/2016)
Bio Apt Notice: 3/26/2016
Bio Apt: 4/8/2016 (Week early attempt was turned away, Same day early attempt successful)
EAD/AP Approval (Email&Text): 4/22/2016
EAD/AP Card Received: 4/29/2016

Interview Notice: 12/14/2016 

Interview Date: 1/20/2017 (Approved!!)

New card Ordered and Case Approved Online Update: 1/31/2017

Timeline

Filing date was march 21....processing time for our local office just went from march 22 to April 20. Our inquiry about case outside processing time that has been unassigned for almost three weeks came alive and got assigned today. Crossing fingers and toes that we get an interview notice soon.

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Filing date was march 21....processing time for our local office just went from march 22 to April 20. Our inquiry about case outside processing time that has been unassigned for almost three weeks came alive and got assigned today. Crossing fingers and toes that we get an interview notice soon.

Congrats. Our offices processing time just went from January 19 to February 19.....SO CLOSE!! But still 19 days off!

AOS (Pending)
Mailed: 3/2/2016
USPS Delivery: 3/5/2016
NOA1 Emails/Texts: 3/10/2016
NOA1 Letters: 3/14/2016 (Online Status updates started: 3/16/2016, Receipt date listed: 3/7/2016)
Bio Apt Notice: 3/26/2016
Bio Apt: 4/8/2016 (Week early attempt was turned away, Same day early attempt successful)
EAD/AP Approval (Email&Text): 4/22/2016
EAD/AP Card Received: 4/29/2016

Interview Notice: 12/14/2016 

Interview Date: 1/20/2017 (Approved!!)

New card Ordered and Case Approved Online Update: 1/31/2017

Timeline

Congrats. Our offices processing time just went from January 19 to February 19.....SO CLOSE!! But still 19 days off!

I've heard (thanks google) the date processing encompasses a 30 day window as well, so here is hoping!

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed: Other Timeline

I'm gonna be real with y'all.

I have no idea how these Processing Times dates work.

It says September 30th updated. Then it says 12-17-2015 for AOS.

But then in the low corner in fine print it says updated 11-16-2016?

Was it updated in September or was it updated today? How accurate is this? Why is it like I'm trying to read a plate of spaghetti noodles?

Timeline

Was it updated in September or was it updated today? How accurate is this? Why is it like I'm trying to read a plate of spaghetti noodles?

This is the only thing I've found that even remotely makes sense at explaining the whole thing, an immigration lawyer's blog. I've re-read it about 3 times now, but since we got an RFE I don't know how much that slowed us up. It was updated today but the info is current as of Sept., the 'current' info takes 45 days to compile and be listed.....it is all on a 6 week lag apparently.

https://adamfrankesq.wordpress.com/2015/08/03/507/

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed: Timeline

Was it updated in September or was it updated today? How accurate is this? Why is it like I'm trying to read a plate of spaghetti noodles?They

This is how I interpret it. They post the bulletin every 15th or so of the month but they show the last month and a half's cases that were worked on. So basically, it doesn't really tell you what they are working on like right now, November. You can only make assumptions. So NYC says working on December as of September 31, 2015. Assuming that the movement will be constant and will be 4 weeks, at the moment they are probably working on early Feb. BUT, the movement can be a little as 5 days which I have observed previously.

Queens bulletin says as of September 31, 2015 they were working on February 9, 2016! Based on last month's bulletin which showed as of August 31, 2015, cases processed were November 4, 2015. Queens moved liked 2-3 months!! But I have no news on our interview, our PD is March 9. Assuming that the movement is 4 weeks, it should be dealing with March cases now. I know confusing!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.