2,297 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Tanzania
Timeline

Hi all

Our interview was 3rd of November. It took less than 30 min in and out and was approved.

Goodluck everyone

Hi all

Our interview was 3rd of November. It took less than 30 min in and out and was approved.

Goodluck everyone

Hi guys,

I finally had my interview this past Monday!

The interviewing officer was really nice, she asked me a few questions like how many times I entered the US and what types of visa I used to enter.

Then she asked me all the questions on the I-485 form, I had answered yes to "Have you ever been arrested, or [....] or fined?", so she asked me to explain. I was happy to see that she had clearly read the attachment I provided with the I-485 to explain why I answered yes. She said it shouldn't be a problem, but she'll have to ask her supervisor.

We showed her our joint bank account and credit card as well as joint health insurance.

The only problem is that I had my K-1 interview a year ago, on November 4 2015 but my medical was on October 27 2015. AOS interview was on October 31 2016 so it's been over a year (barely...) and I may need a new medical done. She said her supervisor will make the decision.

What I didn't expect was that she said my DS-3025 wasn't complete because the doctor who filled in my home country didn't check the box "US vaccination requirements complete". I remember a thread here on VJ about weather you need a new medical for AOS or not. It said that some doctors will check the box and others won't but that usually the IO will see that the vaccinations are complete not worry about it.

She literally said "It's not marked as complete, although I see you have all the required vaccinations. I think you'll need a new form anyway, regardless of the fact your original medical expired".

Today I got a RFE in the mail asking for form I-693. It seems that's it's only asking for the vaccination record part of the form, but I wonder if I should have the whole medical again or not. I'll make a new thread for this.

I see most people who are still waiting are having their interviews scheduled now, that's great news :)

Our case status on the USCIS website has been static on "My Fingerprint Fee Was Received" since March 11, 2016. We called USICS and spoke with a Tier 2 officer in August, who was clearly impatient with our question and told us that others had applied earlier and we needed to wait our turn (clearly, empathy training is not a required component of working for USCIS).

We submitted a case inquiry via the USCIS website on October 11 and were told to expect a response by November 2, 2016. As of today, November 7, we have heard nothing.

We also reached out to our congressman's office on October 25. We filled out the required paperwork, but have heard nothing from him as of today (granted, the election is looming, but still).

Is anyone else in the same boat? According to Noz (above), most people on this forum have already had their interviews or at least had them scheduled. Is anyone else still waiting with absolutely no update (no RFE, no news, NOTHING) since March?!?!?!?

Naturalization Adventure

Spoiler

[Day 000] May 18, 2020: Naturalization package accepted by USCIS

[Day 268] February 10, 2021: Interview scheduled

[Day 305 ] March 19, 2021: Approved!

[Day 309 ] March 23, 2021: Oath ceremony

ROC Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 000] April 29, 2019: ROC package accepted by USCIS

[Day 036] June 4, 2019: Biometrics taken at USCIS center in VA

[Day 330] March 24, 2020: Case transferred to NBC to ease case backlog at EAC

[Day 380 ] May 13, 2020: Online status updated to "interview ready to be scheduled" 

[Day 690] March 19, 2021: Approved during combo interview

AOS Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 000] March 8, 2016: Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package to Chicago lockbox

[Day 035] April 12, 2016: Biometrics appointment

[Day 052] April 29, 2016: Received EAD/AP combo card in the mail

[Day 412] April 25, 2017: EAD/AP renewal documents approved; received card in hand first week of May

[Day 470] June 22, 2017: Received RFE for five items with 84 days to respond 

[Day 477] June 29, 2017: Second medical due to the case pending for more than one year 

[Day 505]: July 27, 2017: GREEN CARD APPLICATION WAS APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!!!

[Day 554]: September 14, 2017: Green card arrived in the mail and brought our 18-month AOS journey to an end

K-1 Adventure:

Spoiler

Fall 2005: Met as students at university

July 2015: Got engaged

September 12, 2015: Mailed K-1 Visa Petition to Lewisville Lockbox

September 16, 2015: NOA1 Received (Electronic Notice)

October 2, 2015: NOA2 (Electronic Notice)

October 23, 2015: Approved I-129F Received by NVC and Assigned Case Number

October 29, 2015: Petition documents arrived at AIT in Taipei

November 2, 2015: Received Packet 3 from AIT via email

November 10, 2015: Medical appointment

November 23, 2015: Visa interview

November 27, 2015: VISA APPROVED!!

February 1, 2016: POE in Minneapolis

February 6, 2016: Married!

Filed: Other Timeline

Our case status on the USCIS website has been static on "My Fingerprint Fee Was Received" since March 11, 2016. We called USICS and spoke with a Tier 2 officer in August, who was clearly impatient with our question and told us that others had applied earlier and we needed to wait our turn (clearly, empathy training is not a required component of working for USCIS).

We submitted a case inquiry via the USCIS website on October 11 and were told to expect a response by November 2, 2016. As of today, November 7, we have heard nothing.

We also reached out to our congressman's office on October 25. We filled out the required paperwork, but have heard nothing from him as of today (granted, the election is looming, but still).

Is anyone else in the same boat? According to Noz (above), most people on this forum have already had their interviews or at least had them scheduled. Is anyone else still waiting with absolutely no update (no RFE, no news, NOTHING) since March?!?!?!?

We are still waiting on our interview date. I am quite frustrated since so many other people who applied nearly a whole month past us are getting interview dates, even some in the same processing office.

That being said we requested an inquiry about the delay and USICIS called US (after me spending DAYS trying to get through) to tell us more information is coming before November 19th and to check and watch the mail. Your message here makes me quite nervous that what they stated over the phone will not be the truth.

We have had no RFE, and only on Friday received more Info.

Here's my Timeline:

Timeline:

-Applied in March

-Waiting for Interview since April 11th

-Social Security processed.

-Combo Card processed.

-Official inquiry about delayed Interview processing sent 10/31/2016.

-Phone call from Immigration telling us "more info is coming before 11/19 via mail" on 11/04.

-Currently: Crossing fingers all is done before the new year and our trip to his family abroad in January!

QUESTION:

Does anyone know what this means in my application Timeline on my USCIS profile? : "On November 4, 2016, your Other - Tier 1, referral number T1DxxxxxxxxxxWKD, was completed."

That relates to a service request you filed and that it was responded. Most likely the call you got.

That relates to a service request you filed and that it was responded. Most likely the call you got.

Do you think it was it from one of the phone calls from a Tier 1 agent, or from the official inquiry I submitted through the form on the website?

I feel like is saying "Tier 1 Agent" it meant from a phone call, rather than the Official Inquiry?

Obviously it should be self-explanatory but I am just wanting to confirm since this process has killed any belief in a logical reliable system.

Do you think it was it from one of the phone calls from a Tier 1 agent, or from the official inquiry I submitted through the form on the website?

I feel like is saying "Tier 1 Agent" it meant from a phone call, rather than the Official Inquiry?

Obviously it should be self-explanatory but I am just wanting to confirm since this process has killed any belief in a logical reliable system.

It looks just the response I got from the service request I filed online, but as it said "other" I thought it might be the call you got

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Iraq
Timeline

Yup !!.

I have heard nothing since March 11 when i applied and did my finger prints in mid April.

I dont know how to do case inquiry and i send an email today to the congressman of my city and i am waiting to see what's going on. Because i think this is taking really long

We are still waiting on our interview date. I am quite frustrated since so many other people who applied nearly a whole month past us are getting interview dates, even some in the same processing office.

That being said we requested an inquiry about the delay and USICIS called US (after me spending DAYS trying to get through) to tell us more information is coming before November 19th and to check and watch the mail. Your message here makes me quite nervous that what they stated over the phone will not be the truth.

We have had no RFE, and only on Friday received more Info.

Here's my Timeline:

Timeline:

-Applied in March

-Waiting for Interview since April 11th

-Social Security processed.

-Combo Card processed.

-Official inquiry about delayed Interview processing sent 10/31/2016.

-Phone call from Immigration telling us "more info is coming before 11/19 via mail" on 11/04.

-Currently: Crossing fingers all is done before the new year and our trip to his family abroad in January!

Thanks for the response, daveyjoe!. I totally feel your frustration, as I can see from timelines of others in the Twin Cities that most who applied around the time or immediately after we did received their green cards in a matter of a few months! WTF, mate.

I received an (automated) email from USCIS this morning with the following message:

"Due to workload factors not related to your case, USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case. USCIS is committed to adjudicating immigration benefits in the order received and in a timely and efficient manner. We regret any inconvenience that results from delays in processing."

So, the good news is that we did receive a response from our case inquiry. The bad news is that we have no better sense of where we are in terms of processing. It's also quite a lot of BS, because they claim to process applications in the order they were received and I can see from this forum that people who applied after us in Minneapolis have already gotten their green cards.

We tried calling USCIS this morning to speak with a Tier 2 officer, but the system is apparently either down or not being staffed today on election day.

Has anyone else tried calling today? The number is 1-800-375-5283.

Naturalization Adventure

Spoiler

ROC Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 380 ] May 13, 2020: Online status updated to "interview ready to be scheduled" 

AOS Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 412] April 25, 2017: EAD/AP renewal documents approved; received card in hand first week of May

[Day 477] June 29, 2017: Second medical due to the case pending for more than one year 

[Day 505]: July 27, 2017: GREEN CARD APPLICATION WAS APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!!!

[Day 554]: September 14, 2017: Green card arrived in the mail and brought our 18-month AOS journey to an end

K-1 Adventure:

Spoiler

Yup !!.

I have heard nothing since March 11 when i applied and did my finger prints in mid April.

I dont know how to do case inquiry and i send an email today to the congressman of my city and i am waiting to see what's going on. Because i think this is taking really long

From reading this forum, it does seem that contacting your congressperson is the most beneficial thing you can do when things are taking a long time. However, now that most (all?) representatives are up for re-election, I doubt we will receive any response in the next couple of weeks.

Naturalization Adventure

Spoiler

ROC Adventure:

Spoiler

AOS Adventure:

Spoiler

K-1 Adventure:

Spoiler

Thanks for the response, daveyjoe!. I totally feel your frustration, as I can see from timelines of others in the Twin Cities that most who applied around the time or immediately after we did received their green cards in a matter of a few months! WTF, mate.

I received an (automated) email from USCIS this morning with the following message:

"Due to workload factors not related to your case, USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case. USCIS is committed to adjudicating immigration benefits in the order received and in a timely and efficient manner. We regret any inconvenience that results from delays in processing."

So, the good news is that we did receive a response from our case inquiry. The bad news is that we have no better sense of where we are in terms of processing. It's also quite a lot of BS, because they claim to process applications in the order they were received and I can see from this forum that people who applied after us in Minneapolis have already gotten their green cards.

We tried calling USCIS this morning to speak with a Tier 2 officer, but the system is apparently either down or not being staffed today on election day.

Has anyone else tried calling today? The number is 1-800-375-5283.

Trying to get a Tier 2 Officer on the phone became my full. time freaking. job. this past week.

After going through the agony of having to repeat my information to Tier 1 people a million times before I could just say - TRANSFER ME, getting to a Tier 2 was dang near impossible.

When they would transfer me the recording would announce the wait time and "schedule a call back." The call back often would not physically ring my iPhone and then I would look down and see that I had a miss call and voicemail. The voicemail said it would call back. I would look at my phone waiting for the 2 minutes, holding it. Never receiving a call and suddenly it would show another Missed Call and Voicemail. It does this up to 3 times.

Finally after 2 days one of the last calls on its third time after I literally screamed till my throat bled in rage feeling like I was stuck in an episode of Black Mirror, it ACTUALLY rang. I picked up like I was in an episode from LOST when they finally get a signal with someone off the island on a half dead walkie talkie / satellite phone.

To my dismay, the officer who eventually connected with me, spoke exactly like a character on Family Guy, and her phone line connection was soooooo bad that I constantly was missing full phrases of what she was saying and constantly needing to ask and reconfirm her statements. Truly a MESS.

Then the one time someone DID call me back out of the blue who sounded reliable - I was on the subway and got a voicemail which said they would "call back" but instead of calling me back, they called my husband, caught him off guard, and although he is the one I'm sponsoring was at work so didn't know the questions and the phrasings off the top of his head to ask since I've been the one handling most of the coordination of all this. JUST. MY. FREAKING. LUCK. - why Immigration, why?

On that call he pressed for a date. They mentioned the inquiry we submitted and to be checking via email or via mail for a response by the 19th. I'm feeling dismayed seeing your latest post regarding your delay announcement. It's also really frustrating being in line, literally seeing people who've applied after us get interview dates. I'm happy for you all in this forum, but I'm also not because it's unfair and crazy making to put people through a process that seems to constantly change the rules on a whim, yet at the same time telling us that we need to trust their process (a process which is clearly a MESS) and that everything is reliable and organized. -- In psychology, when the person starts to make YOU feel like YOU"RE the crazy one for perceiving things I think it's called Projecting and I think Gaslighting (hello, Donald Trump).

If anyone else, cannot tell - This. on top of the election year - 100% I am at the end of my patience and nerves.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Iraq
Timeline

From reading this forum, it does seem that contacting your congressperson is the most beneficial thing you can do when things are taking a long time. However, now that most (all?) representatives are up for re-election, I doubt we will receive any response in the next couple of weeks.

Yea apparently after reading this forum i can tell that contacting a congressman is the best way to got o speed things up. However, as you said, with the election going on i think it is gonna take a while to get a response from the congressman office.

Trying to get a Tier 2 Officer on the phone became my full. time freaking. job. this past week.

After going through the agony of having to repeat my information to Tier 1 people a million times before I could just say - TRANSFER ME, getting to a Tier 2 was dang near impossible.

When they would transfer me the recording would announce the wait time and "schedule a call back." The call back often would not physically ring my iPhone and then I would look down and see that I had a miss call and voicemail. The voicemail said it would call back. I would look at my phone waiting for the 2 minutes, holding it. Never receiving a call and suddenly it would show another Missed Call and Voicemail. It does this up to 3 times.

Finally after 2 days one of the last calls on its third time after I literally screamed till my throat bled in rage feeling like I was stuck in an episode of Black Mirror, it ACTUALLY rang. I picked up like I was in an episode from LOST when they finally get a signal with someone off the island on a half dead walkie talkie / satellite phone.

To my dismay, the officer who eventually connected with me, spoke exactly like a character on Family Guy, and her phone line connection was soooooo bad that I constantly was missing full phrases of what she was saying and constantly needing to ask and reconfirm her statements. Truly a MESS.

Then the one time someone DID call me back out of the blue who sounded reliable - I was on the subway and got a voicemail which said they would "call back" but instead of calling me back, they called my husband, caught him off guard, and although he is the one I'm sponsoring was at work so didn't know the questions and the phrasings off the top of his head to ask since I've been the one handling most of the coordination of all this. JUST. MY. FREAKING. LUCK. - why Immigration, why?

On that call he pressed for a date. They mentioned the inquiry we submitted and to be checking via email or via mail for a response by the 19th. I'm feeling dismayed seeing your latest post regarding your delay announcement. It's also really frustrating being in line, literally seeing people who've applied after us get interview dates. I'm happy for you all in this forum, but I'm also not because it's unfair and crazy making to put people through a process that seems to constantly change the rules on a whim, yet at the same time telling us that we need to trust their process (a process which is clearly a MESS) and that everything is reliable and organized. -- In psychology, when the person starts to make YOU feel like YOU"RE the crazy one for perceiving things I think it's called Projecting and I think Gaslighting (hello, Donald Trump).

If anyone else, cannot tell - This. on top of the election year - 100% I am at the end of my patience and nerves.

I had to respond to this right away, because I was totally commiserating with everything you just wrote. YES. YES. YES. All of this. Also, the way you expressed it made me laugh, but more so in an ironic way, not so much in a "funny funny ha ha" kind of way. Le sigh.

I'm choosing to be cautiously optimistic and will watch our mail/email for something to show up by the 19th. I mean, why the hell not? It's not like getting stressed out and worrying about this has done me any good over the past eight months. Time to try something new (and l'm approaching the election results tonight in the same way).

Naturalization Adventure

Spoiler

ROC Adventure:

Spoiler

AOS Adventure:

Spoiler

K-1 Adventure:

Spoiler

Yea apparently after reading this forum i can tell that contacting a congressman is the best way to got o speed things up. However, as you said, with the election going on i think it is gonna take a while to get a response from the congressman office.

Yeah I contacted my congressman - who's face honestly makes me feel very uncomfortable - and it was like a whole separate process.

They make you bring in ALL your stuff and basically submit to them your forms that you submitted to the initial AOS and I wanted to be like - why are you making me do double the work. Can you not just take my application number and then put me on a list of things to follow up on daily? Why are we suddenly making me double dip on all of this. I hate sounding like an entitled Millennial but frankly - it seemed like it was going to just add more screams of agony - and my landlord is already wondering if I am murdering myself daily from scream-crying after trying to go through the process at USCIS.

That being said - if I get bad news about further delays - 1. Be contacting my congressman. Creepy face or not. and 2. I am going to take back all my congrats to everyone else who is already finished with the process in the forum that applied after me, because if I suffer I want everyone else to suffer WITH me. #ColorMePETTY :) :)

Yeah I contacted my congressman - who's face honestly makes me feel very uncomfortable - and it was like a whole separate process.

They make you bring in ALL your stuff and basically submit to them your forms that you submitted to the initial AOS and I wanted to be like - why are you making me do double the work. Can you not just take my application number and then put me on a list of things to follow up on daily? Why are we suddenly making me double dip on all of this. I hate sounding like an entitled Millennial but frankly - it seemed like it was going to just add more screams of agony - and my landlord is already wondering if I am murdering myself daily from scream-crying after trying to go through the process at USCIS.

That being said - if I get bad news about further delays - 1. Be contacting my congressman. Creepy face or not. and 2. I am going to take back all my congrats to everyone else who is already finished with the process in the forum that applied after me, because if I suffer I want everyone else to suffer WITH me. #ColorMePETTY :) :)

Bahahahaha. Luckily for us, our congressman has a trustworthy/helpful face. However, I haven't heard a peep from his office since submitting the privacy authorization form at the end of October. I mean, fair enough, because he doesn't know for sure whether he'll be employed tomorrow (all 435 members of the House are up for re-election tonight).

BUT STILL.

We just submitted the receipt and approval forms we got from USCIS for the i-485 and EAD/AP combo card. I can't believe you had to resubmit the entire package!!! That is totally ridiculous.

I should try that scream-crying thing...you know, if my new, relaxed, go-with-the-flow attitude doesn't pan out. :rolleyes:

Naturalization Adventure

Spoiler

ROC Adventure:

Spoiler

AOS Adventure:

Spoiler

K-1 Adventure:

Spoiler

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.