2,297 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

I don't know why they're asking for your original birth certificate, as it is not needed according to the instructions. Did you send a copy of the certificate AND a copy of the translation?

The medical examination is a little more tricky, I've been seeing a lot of people from London getting rfe because there's a "completed" box for the vaccines the doctors there don't tick (and are right not do do it) and the adjudicator wants it ticked. Did you send your a copy of your ds3025? Do you want to post the exact wording of your rfe so we can try and check around if there's anyone else in this same situation and what they did?

The good news for you, from what I can gather, they asking all of this and transferring you most likely means you're not going to have an interview and they want to have everything on file so they can just approve your case.

I think they want some sort of proof because they want to skip the interview and approve her.

Thanks for all your help!

Well, I ordered an 'International' birth certificate which was accepted at the embassy and has been accepted here for my ssn. It's in portuguese at the front and it has all the translations at the back in several different languages including english. I assumed that as it was accepted at the embassy for the K1 that it would be no problem here.

I was born in Portugal but lived in London prior to moving here and had my medical done there, I just checked my vaccination sheet and you're correct! The 'US vaccination requirements complete' box is not ticked! But that's so stupid! I have to pay for a second medical because they didn't tick the box even though all my US vaccines are indeed up-to-date! And yes, I sent them the DS0325 copy because that's all I had to send as the embassy had all the medical info. The i-485 instructions state that if you had a medical abroad you only need to submit the ds0325.

Exact wording:

The medical examination form that was issued abroad was not properly completed by your physician. Please submit a new updated and signed Form i-693, Medical examination. This medical examination must be conducted by a physician designated by USCIS. To find an approved doctor near you, see http://www.uscis.gov/findadoctor or call our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

At least I might get some good news as you say without the need for an interview! There's always hoping :).

Edited by Sara0207

---------------------

POE - 02/01/2016

Marriage - 02/29/2016

AOS Sent - 03/11/2016

NOA 1 - 03/14/2016

Biometrics - 04/15/2016

EAD Approved - 05/23/2016

EAD Received - 05/27/2016

Applied SSN - 06/17/2016

SSN Received - 07/09/2016

i-845 GC RFE - 07/14/2016 (4 months after submission)

Thanks for all your help!

Well, I ordered an 'International' birth certificate which was accepted at the embassy and has been accepted here for my ssn. It's in portuguese at the front and it has all the translations at the back in several different languages including english. I assumed that as it was accepted at the embassy for the K1 that it would be no problem here.

I was born in Portugal but lived in London prior to moving here and had my medical done there, I just checked my vaccination sheet and you're correct! The 'US vaccination requirements complete' box is not ticked! But that's so stupid! I have to pay for a second medical because they didn't tick the box even though all my US vaccines are indeed up-to-date! And yes, I sent them the DS0325 copy because that's all I had to send as the embassy had all the medical info.

At least I might get some good news as you say without the need for an interview! There's always hoping :).

Do you have any other copy that's not the international version you ordered? If yes, I'd send a copy of that and a copy of the translation. (I've seen people in my may filers thread having this problem with their Spanish birth certificates and them needing the "original" meaning not the international version)

As for the medical, I think it's on the December 2015 aos thread or maybe November that were a few Brits who had this problem, one is yuna and the other person is ortolan. I'm on my mobile and I can't do much searching, or else I'd find the topics for you.

From the info you're giving, I'd bet money on you not having an interview! Crossing fingers!

Edited by p-ana

Timeline

Do you have any other copy that's not the international version you ordered? If yes, I'd send a copy of that and a copy of the translation.

As for the medical, I think it's on the December 2015 aos thread or maybe November that were a few Brits who had this problem, one is yuna and the other person is ortolan. I'm on my mobile and I can't do much searching, or else I'd find the topics for you.

From the info you're giving, I'd bet money on you not having an interview! Crossing fingers!

I do have the original of just one in Portuguese, you're right it might be safe to send that, however they're still requesting an original rather than a copy. The text says Please submit original certified birth certificate

I edited my post I don't know if you saw it with the exact wording regarding the medical. I will look up those threads now. It has to be that, I submitted what they requested so they can't tell me it wast done properly because the i-693 is missing when it was never required for something adjusting from a K1 status. I wonder if any Brits who had that box ticked received RFEs as well...if not then it seems like this is a common UK issue.

Edited by Sara0207

---------------------

POE - 02/01/2016

Marriage - 02/29/2016

AOS Sent - 03/11/2016

NOA 1 - 03/14/2016

Biometrics - 04/15/2016

Applied SSN - 06/17/2016

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I do have the original of just one in Portuguese, you're right it might be safe to send that, however they're still requesting an original rather than a copy. The text says Please submit original certified birth certificate

I edited my post I don't know if you saw it with the exact wording regarding the medical. I will look up those threads now. It has to be that, I submitted what they requested so they can't tell me it wast done properly because the i-693 is missing when it was never required for something adjusting from a K1 status. I wonder if any Brits who had that box ticked received RFEs as well...if not then it seems like this is a common UK issue.

I was asked to submit a original birth certificate. I submitted a copy of my birth certificate in foreign language, together with a English translated one. The USCIS accepted my documents and is ready to schedule my interview.

3/16/2016 AOS packet sent

3/19/2016 Packet delivered at Chicago Lockbox

3/29/2016 NOAs received via SMS

4/1/2016 NOAs received via mail

4/9/2016 Biometrics letter received

4/21/2016 Biometrics done

5/30/2016 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

6/10/2016 EAD was being produced

6/14/2016 EAD was mailed to me

6/16/2016 EAD was delivered

I was asked to submit a original birth certificate. I submitted a copy of my birth certificate in foreign language, together with a English translated one. The USCIS accepted my documents and is ready to schedule my interview.

That's what I think as well. Being that she sent the international version and not the original one.

I think it's the exact wording one of the Brits got on their rfe as well. It's probably the checked box, unfortunately. Will try and find the posts later so I can link them to you

Timeline

That's what I think as well. Being that she sent the international version and not the original one.

I think it's the exact wording one of the Brits got on their rfe as well. It's probably the checked box, unfortunately. Will try and find the posts later so I can link them to you

Ahh so you think it's because it's not the standard model so by 'original' they want the normal standard one rather than the international version instead of an actual original rather than a photocopy. It's bizarre I thought I was making their life easier plus it was accepted by the embassy and social security lol. I was actually just starting to think that they wanted me to send the non-photocopy so they can see that the reverse with the translation is indeed part of that document....

Thanks, I'll start looking into translation rates I guess! I called USCIS to try clarify everything and the lady was super unhelpful, didn't really answer any of my questions and was more worried about reading from a script and telling me I should hire an immigration attorney than anything else lol.

---------------------

POE - 02/01/2016

Marriage - 02/29/2016

AOS Sent - 03/11/2016

NOA 1 - 03/14/2016

Biometrics - 04/15/2016

Applied SSN - 06/17/2016

Ahh so you think it's because it's not the standard model so by 'original' they want the normal standard one rather than the international version instead of an actual original rather than a photocopy. It's bizarre I thought I was making their life easier plus it was accepted by the embassy and social security lol. I was actually just starting to think that they wanted me to send the non-photocopy so they can see that the reverse with the translation is indeed part of that document....

Thanks, I'll start looking into translation rates I guess! I called USCIS to try clarify everything and the lady was super unhelpful, didn't really answer any of my questions and was more worried about reading from a script and telling me I should hire an immigration attorney than anything else lol.

You know you can do it yourself, right? You'll just need to write a statement that you're fluent in both languages, just like this:

Certification by Translator

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and [enter appropriate language] languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled [enter title of document].

Signature

Typed Name

Address

Date

Timeline

You know you can do it yourself, right? You'll just need to write a statement that you're fluent in both languages, just like this:

Certification by Translator

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and [enter appropriate language] languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled [enter title of document].

Signature

Typed Name

Address

Date

Are you serious? Lol, doesn't it have to be certified by an actual translator and then include that statement saying that yes the person who translated it promises that everything is correct etc. At least that's what I'vea always read. Even in ***removed*** it says the petitioner or beneficiary cannot translate documents.

http://www.***removed***/immigration/document-english-translation.html

Edited by Sara0207

---------------------

POE - 02/01/2016

Marriage - 02/29/2016

AOS Sent - 03/11/2016

NOA 1 - 03/14/2016

Biometrics - 04/15/2016

Applied SSN - 06/17/2016

Are you serious? Lol, doesn't it have to be certified by an actual translator and then include that statement saying that yes the person who translated it promises that everything is correct etc. At least that's what I'vea always read.

No, you can do it yourself if you want to.

By the way, I found the thread, they start talking about the rfe at this page http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/574598-aos-nov-2015-filers/page-76 look for yuna and chasuno (thought it was ortolan because they have similar pictures with a blue blob thing lol)

Hope it helps!

Boa sorte!

Edit: old thread but it remains the same about translations http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/269833-who-can-translate-the-birth-certificate/

Edited by p-ana

Timeline

No, you can do it yourself if you want to.

By the way, I found the thread, they start talking about the rfe at this page http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/574598-aos-nov-2015-filers/page-76 look for yuna and chasuno (thought it was ortolan because they have similar pictures with a blue blob thing lol)

Hope it helps!

Boa sorte!

Edit: old thread but it remains the same about translations http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/269833-who-can-translate-the-birth-certificate/

Yes, seems like the exact same issue, I'm going to carry on reading because I have just called around doctors and it's currently $200-250 just for a physical so I want to see what these people ended up doing. I mean I'll most likely just have to suck it up and pay because USCIS are requesting it and there's nothing the doctor in London can do (it's only one doctor that does immigration medicals there so it's the same one causing all these people trouble!) I think it's disgusting that they get away with it -_-

But anyway, thank you so much for all your help :) I shall updated when anything changes!

Muito obridaga

---------------------

POE - 02/01/2016

Marriage - 02/29/2016

AOS Sent - 03/11/2016

NOA 1 - 03/14/2016

Biometrics - 04/15/2016

Applied SSN - 06/17/2016

Yes, seems like the exact same issue, I'm going to carry on reading because I have just called around doctors and it's currently $200-250 just for a physical so I want to see what these people ended up doing. I mean I'll most likely just have to suck it up and pay because USCIS are requesting it and there's nothing the doctor in London can do (it's only one doctor that does immigration medicals there so it's the same one causing all these people trouble!) I think it's disgusting that they get away with it -_-

But anyway, thank you so much for all your help :) I shall updated when anything changes!

Muito obridaga

No problem. We're here to help each other

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Are you serious? Lol, doesn't it have to be certified by an actual translator and then include that statement saying that yes the person who translated it promises that everything is correct etc. At least that's what I'vea always read. Even in ***removed*** it says the petitioner or beneficiary cannot translate documents.

http://www.***removed***/immigration/document-english-translation.html

P-ana is right. During my husband's AOS I translated his BC, with some help from him, and got no problems from it. I think that USCIS is mostly concerned about the translation being accurate. But if it really concerns you, some people have recommended a site called "Rev" which will translate your documents quickly for 25$ or something like that

A Tale of Two Dakotaraguans

K1 Journey - 78 Days

Sent I-129F - 11/16/15 [Day 1]
NOA1 - 11/18 (Hard copy: 11/24) [Day 2, Day 8]
NOA2 - 12/18 (Hard copy: 12/26) [Day 32, Day 40]
NVC received file: 1/05/2016 [Day 50] Obtained NVC invoice number, paid visa fee, filled out DS-160: 1/06 [Day 51]
Fiancé's medical: 1/12 9:00am [Day 57]
Interview: 1/22 9:30am, Approved! [67 days] (F)
Visa status on ceac site= "AP": 1/25, "Issued":01/27, "In Transit: 2/02", Visa packet in hand: 2/03 [Day 78]
POE: (Houston) 2/04, North Dakota arrival: 2/05

Married (civil): 2/05/16 (L)

AOS - 55 Days

I-485, AP, EAD sent : 3/03/2016 [Day 1]

Delivered: 3/04 [Day 2]

Electronic NOA1: 3/08 [Day 5]  NOA1 Hardcopy rcv'd in mail: 3/12 [Day 9]; Biometric Notification rcv'd in mail: 3/26 [Day 23]; Biometrics Appt: 4/06 in Fargo, ND [Day 33]

Notification(s): "Your new card is being produced" 4/23 [Day 48] ; "Your case was approved" 4/26 [Day 51]; "Your card was mailed on 4/27" 4/28 [Day 53]

Green Card in Hand: 4/30 [Day 55]

D-day ("Dress day"/I do...again Day/wedding reception): 9/10/16

ROC - 390 days 

Spoiler

Window opens: 1/24/2018

Package sent: 1/26, Delivered on 1/29 at 11:17am to CSC - [Day 1]

Check cashed: 1/31 [Day 3]

NOA1: 1/29 [Day 1]; NOA rcv'd in mail: 2/02 [Day 4]

Biometrics  Sent 5/5, rcv'd in mail 5/12 [Day 107]

Biometrics appt: Not required

18 Month extension letter received, dated 8/18: 8/24/18 [Day 211]

"New Card Being Produced" - 2/11/19 [Day 382], email "we mailed your card on 2/14" - 2/15

Card arrived: 2/19/19 [Day 390]

Citizenship - 643 Days

Spoiler

Window opens: 01/24/2019

E-file: 01/28/2019 [Day 1]

Biometrics = scheduled: 02/01 [Day 4], view uploaded document: 02/05 [Day 8], appointment day: 02/19 [Day 22] In Fargo, ND

Interview scheduled notification online: 9/3/20 [Day 585]

Interview in Minneapolis, MN: 10/20/20 [Day 632] at 12:15 PM: passed/approved

Oath Ceremony: scheduled 10/20, view letter online 10/21

Oath : Fargo, ND 2:15pm at sanctuary events center. No guests allowed

1808 total days of thinking about/waiting for immigrations!

Applied for US Passport 11/4/2020, application approved 1/26/21, passport and naturalization cert received in mailbox: 1/28/21 📘

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.