2,297 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Tanzania
Timeline

By the way i have no idea why some people. Online status saying that "Case ready to be scheduled" i guess not some, mostly people seeing it. But mine online status (since begining) just daying that "Finger fee was received, we sent you notice i-797 describing you how we will process your case"

Is not weird ??

NYC filer here, Case ready to be scheduled for inerview since May 12. No interview notices ao far. Processing times is around 8 months, unfortunately for NYC.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello, i am a USC, we send all documents for my wife on March 11 got the fingerprints letter and appointment, we took care of the fingerprints and she receive her Employment authorization card in may but we havent hear nothing about the interview or GC or SSN , the case online only shows that:

"As of May 11, 2016, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status"

But i guess is taking long due that a lot of people is filling or idk but we are very anxious is been 2 months without any notice or letter :( we are in San Antonio, TX btw... Thanks everybody...

I have the same status since the beginning too! I hear a lot of people getting their letters with date of interview in the mail and nothing online so let's stalk the mailman!

Hi guys,

I have a question: We booked our honeymoon abroad for the end of the year (leaving at the end of November) and seeing how long it will take for people filing at SF office to receive their greencard, I thought that I can just apply for the AP document to be safe in case the greencard won't be here until then.

Now I am going through the instructions for the I-131 and I read this: "You have a pending application to adjust status, Form I-485, and you seek to travel abroad temporarily for “urgent humanitarian reasons” or in furtherance of a “significant public benefit,” which may include a personal or family emergency or bona fide business reasons."

Well, a honeymoon is not urgent reason or emergency.....WIll I still get the document?

I am freaking out a little, we booked the flights and not thinking that it might be a problem... :/

Thanks everyone!

Adjustment of Status Timeline

I-485, EAD sent: 3/8/16

USPS Delivery: 3/10/16

NOA1 Email: 3/19/16

NOA1 Hard copies: 3/24/16

Biometrics letter: 4/2/16

Biometrics appointment: 4/14/16

Case ready for interview: 4/21/16

EAD "new card is being produced": 5/24/16

EAD card received: 5/28/2016

Interview has been scheduled: 9/20/16

Interview: 10/21/16

Greencard approved: 10/24/16

Greencard received: 10/29/16

NY filer here...Long Island Holtsville Office. Still stuck on received your fingerprint fee 3/7....grrr

• Married 2/9/2016
  • I485, I130, I765 + I131 Filed Concurrently
  • USPS delivery confirmation 3/7/2016
  • NOA 1 received 3/08/2016
  • Hard copies of NOA received 3/20/16
  • Early walk in Biometrics at Holtsville, NY 4/11/16
  • Ead/AP approved 4/28/16...received 6/10/16
  • Interview date 12/20/16 at Holtsville, NY... initially denied but approved later same day.
  • Text received that green card was mailed.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Y'all I'm confused. It's 91 days today since biometric was done. Called USCIS, they said everything is fine with my biometric, as I expected anyway, and that my case has been moved to my local office in Memphis TN. Still no update on interviews yet except the rusty "we received your fingerprint fee on..." status ever since. What's troubling is, I filed 15 days later apart from a close friend in the same state, but my friend got his green card two weeks ago. Please, could anyone suggest what could be issue here? I'm filing from TN. I'm really frantic and don't know what's going on. It's 122 days altogether today since I filed. Any hint from a TN filer on here?

Edited by aduralere

My Journey

Day 00, March 14, 2016: Filed concurrently I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131 with supporting documents and appropriate fees.

Day 01, March 15, 2016: Application package received and signed for by some R. Mercado.

Day 07, March 22, 2016: Four NOA1 emails and text messages came in 12:25 AM.

Day 07, March 22, 2016: All three checks cashed.

Day 12, March 27, 2016: Hard copy NOA1s came in the mail.

Day 16, March 31, 2016: Got biometric fingerprinting notice in the mail, scheduled for April 12 at Nashville USCIS ASC.

Day 21, April 05, 2016: Filed a request with USCIS to expedite work authorization.

Day 22, April 06, 2016: Got a letter in the mail that my work authorization is in suspension because I've not done biometric.

Day 28, April 12, 2016: Did biometric at local ASC. Process took roughly ten minutes.

Day 30, April 14, 2016: Reinstated work authorization expedition.

Day 37, April 21, 2016: Got approved for EAD and Advanced Parole.

Day 41, April 25, 2016: Combo EAD and AP Card in hand.

Day 135, July 27, 2016: Interview Notice (Online Update) :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Day 166, August 26, 2016: Interview Day :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Day 166, August 26, 2016: I-485 Approved.

May God Help Me. Feedback to y'all soon!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Today we had our AOS interview.

In and Out in 15 - 20 minutes.

It was easier than expected. The officer just read through the AOS application and I was answering "NO" or the correct answer.

She only asked how, when and how we met and about the wedding. That's it.

We took our baby over, he cried a little because he got hungry but everything was fine.

She said "I will recommend this case to approve it" I don't really know if that means AOS is approved

She also said I will receive the card in the mail in 5 - 10 days. And she explained about the conditional and that stuff.

I have a B2 Visa and married a USC.

February 17th 2015 Married in San Diego CA

February 28th 2015 Departed to Mexico

June 15th 2015 Arrived to USA

day 00 - March 18th 2016 - Sent AOS packet.(I-130, I-485 & I-765).

day 02 - March 20th 2016 - USCIS received our packet.

day 07 - March 25th 2016 - Text/mail NOA1 for I-130, I-485 and I-765.

day 08 - March 26th 2016 - Checks cashed.

day 14 - April 1st 2016 - Received Hard NOA1 for I-130, I-485 and I-765.

day 22 - April 9th 2016 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter in mail. Appointment for April/18th/2016 at 10:00 a.m.

day 31 - April 18th 2016 - Biometrics taken as scheduled.

day 66 - June 5th 2016 - I-485 AOS Interview scheduled for July 11th.

day 67 - June 6th 2016 - I-765 EAD Card ordered.

day ??? I received my I-766 EAD Card.

day 101 - July 11th 2016 Green Card approved at interview.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It was easier than expected. The officer just read through the AOS application and I was answering "NO" or the correct answer.

We took our baby over, he cried a little because he got hungry but everything was fine.

She said "I will recommend this case to approve it" I don't really know if that means AOS is approved

She also said I will receive the card in the mail in 5 - 10 days. And she explained about the conditional and that stuff.

Congrats!!!

3/16/2016 AOS packet sent

3/19/2016 Packet delivered at Chicago Lockbox

3/29/2016 NOAs received via SMS

4/1/2016 NOAs received via mail

4/9/2016 Biometrics letter received

4/21/2016 Biometrics done

5/30/2016 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

6/10/2016 EAD was being produced

6/14/2016 EAD was mailed to me

6/16/2016 EAD was delivered

Hi guys,

I have a question: We booked our honeymoon abroad for the end of the year (leaving at the end of November) and seeing how long it will take for people filing at SF office to receive their greencard, I thought that I can just apply for the AP document to be safe in case the greencard won't be here until then.

Now I am going through the instructions for the I-131 and I read this: "You have a pending application to adjust status, Form I-485, and you seek to travel abroad temporarily for urgent humanitarian reasons or in furtherance of a significant public benefit, which may include a personal or family emergency or bona fide business reasons."

Well, a honeymoon is not urgent reason or emergency.....WIll I still get the document?

I am freaking out a little, we booked the flights and not thinking that it might be a problem... :/

Thanks everyone!

Hi guys,

Now I am going through the instructions for the I-131 and I read this: "You have a pending application to adjust status, Form I-485, and you seek to travel abroad temporarily for urgent humanitarian reasons or in furtherance of a significant public benefit, which may include a personal or family emergency or bona fide business reasons."

Thanks everyone!

You can apply for the combo card. If you apply for the work permit and advance parole it's free with the permanent resident application. You also don't need a reason to travel.

Filed: Timeline

Oh wow That was quick for you! Congratulations!!:)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi guys,

Thanks everyone!

You can apply for the I-131 without a humanitarian reason. For I-485 applicants, they approve I-131 as a standard procedure, as I've heard.

From my experience, I applied for it back in March, and I didn't have any plans to travel abroad, but I decided to apply just in case... I didn't write any specific dates for travel plans, and got approved.

- ~ AOS Journey ~ -
03/02/2016 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131

[Day 62] 05/03 - Received EAD/AP combo card by mail

[Day 328] 01/24/2017 - Interview for AOS

[Day 336] 02/01 - Received GC. 

- ~ ROC Journey ~ -
10/29/2018 - Sent I-751

07/02/2019 - Biometrics appointment 

08/22/2019 - ROC Approval

Hi guys, newbie here!

After stalking this thread since we sent our package i decided to join in :) Our field office is San Antonio, TX. Priority date March 18 and status is still waiting for interview!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi guys, newbie here!

After stalking this thread since we sent our package i decided to join in :) Our field office is San Antonio, TX. Priority date March 18 and status is still waiting for interview!

Welcome! San Antonio March filer here too! Hope we have some news soon! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Got an RFE end of april, sent in ASAP. RFE recieved on May 11 and still no response or update to the i485 status since.

It was just for a birth certificate translation/i94. Do they always take this long to respond to an RFE??

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Got an RFE end of april, sent in ASAP. RFE recieved on May 11 and still no response or update to the i485 status since.

It was just for a birth certificate translation/i94. Do they always take this long to respond to an RFE??

They're probably just too lazy to update it online as response received. Edited by p-ana

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.