bakersolay

Stuck on Taxes help with ITIN Number

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mauritius
Timeline

Im having a heck of a time filing my taxes, Im a USC my spouse is not we got married fall of 2015 shes lived with me less than 6 months and has no income and no ssc number yet,,,

on turbo tax it says she has to have a Itin number to file jointly with me,, which makes us have to travel hundreds of miles to a tax office so we dont have to mail in her actual passport

on HR block it says she has to file a 1040NR form but doesnt say anything about needing a ITIN number just asks if she lived here 6 months or less.

We dont know which is accurate anyone with experience with this help us out? thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

A joint tax return will need a SSN or ITIN.

She has no income so the 1040NR seems unecessary.

Why is the Social Security number taking so long if you've been married since the Fall? Get the SSN and then file a joint return.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mauritius
Timeline

A joint tax return will need a SSN or ITIN.

She has no income so the 1040NR seems unecessary.

Why is the Social Security number taking so long if you've been married since the Fall? Get the SSN and then file a joint return.

ok thanks,, ill just wait for SSC# then it took us a couple months to get our packet together, we just did biometrics today, so I hope she get EAD soon and just get ssc # then

ok thanks,, ill just wait for SSC# then it took us a couple months to get our packet together, we just did biometrics today, so I hope she get EAD soon and just get ssc # then

. You can mail your tax return in with the Application W-7 attached to it and the IRS will assign an ITIN number and process it through.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.